AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Depression

Senior Member Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Gifts 007 - Squirtle 258 - Mudkip Gabumon
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-26-2024 12:40 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Depression

Q: Have you ever felt depressed?

I grew up with an abusive family that I eventually ran away from. I was depressed for seven years before leaving and even thought suicidal thoughts. Today, I'm strong and don't regret my life. It truly did get better for me and I have a robust support system. I am grateful to be alive and to be able to say "Ha! The Grim Reaper lost!"
    My Wi-Fi, it's gone out . . .

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Screwdriver Chameleon Rageface
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-26-2024 10:39 AM
    Threads

Default Re: Depression

Everybody feels depressed at some time or another. Everybody feels joy as well.

Palace of the Fans, Cincinnati

3. Likes Digimon_Sommelier liked this post
    Senior Member Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PictureGuy View Post
    Everybody feels depressed at some time or another. Everybody feels joy as well.
    I'm not talking about "everybody."

Senior Member sirius707 can only hope to improve sirius707's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-13-2023 04:20 AM
    Threads

Yeah used to happen often. but never reached the level of suicidal thoughts haha.

How old were you when you ran away?

Gil
    Cheerful
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

15 in 2005.

Senior Member Tsundere Magus will become famous soon enough Tsundere Magus's Avatar
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-22-2021 07:17 AM
    Threads

From time to time. It is difficult to control it sometimes, but important to keep in mind that it doesn't leave easily when you get it for the first time. Live with it. Learn from it. Become happier afterwards.

Over the years I have learned to control my own sadness... and I get called bubbly a lot! Fun, isn't it? I would rather show others positive feelings, at least!

Gil
    Cheerful
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

This coronavirus pandemic has definitely caused depression for most of us.

We shall overcome.

Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Digimon_Sommelier< View Post
    This coronavirus pandemic has definitely caused depression for most of us.

We shall overcome.
    before covid I had no idea how much people would suffer if they were forced to stay home, but I have seen it with my own eyes. I guess I never considered it since I am a bit of an introvert.

Also there are cases of many doctors getting depressed due to their inability to help dying covid patients.

Gil
    Cheerful
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

True. Lack of beds in hospitals can make health care workers feel like it's not enough. One doctor uploaded a clip of her grave thoughts about the seriousness of this thing on Instagram. I was stunned. She seemed to feel dead inside as if she couldn't face another day of turning patients away. Damm. This thing f---ing sucks. But we are fighters.

This too shall pass.
    Last edited by Digimon_Sommelier; 02-05-2021 at 07:31 PM.

Senior Member Tsundere Magus will become famous soon enough Tsundere Magus's Avatar
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Even if you are not directly affected by the pandemic, it has affected others and... those people might affect you. It is like a cycle. For me, the pandemic came in my period of recovery from a previous depression so... It was slightly better? I assume this applies to all people, after all. We all have our ups and downs. But it becomes easier when you recognise the problem. Once again, indeed, the world is not at its best spot right now, so let's hope good times come back again, eventually.

Focus on your own mood and try to expand good vibes around your circle. It might help others, and it might help yourself as well. Good atmosphere is used to forget about problems and make them slightly smaller. But of course, do not forget to keep taking care of yourself meanwhile!

Junior Member Aderonimo is on a distinguished road Aderonimo's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-07-2022 08:43 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Tsundere Magus View Post
    From time to time. It is difficult to control it sometimes, but important to keep in mind that it doesn't leave easily when you get it for the first time. Live with it. Learn from it. Become happier here.

Over the years I have learned to control my own sadness... and I get called bubbly a lot! Fun, isn't it? I would rather show others positive feelings, at least!
    You mean that you show positive feelings even if you are feeling sad? But why? What for? Don't you think that when you are sad and you show sadness it means that you are sincere with yourself?

Angelic
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Aderonimo View Post
    You mean that you show positive feelings even if you are feeling sad? But why? What for? Don't you think that when you are sad and you show sadness it means that you are sincere with yourself?
    Nope, it means it is easier to leave your sadness behind if you do not focus on it. Keep thinking about bad things and you will feel worse. Distract yourself, enjoy small things. Even tiny achievements help. Talking from experience.

14. Likes Digimon_Sommelier liked this post
    Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Sadness is part of the human experience, it comes and goes and we should learn to live with it.

16. Likes Digimon_Sommelier liked this post
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by sirius707 View Post
    Sadness is part of the human experience, it comes and goes and we should learn to live with it.
    Yes, indeed. It is part of life itself, but nobody seeks it. You learn from it, you become stronger. But again, nobody wants to live with it. And the usual problem with depression is being unable to identify it, to start with. After you know you have the problem, you need a solution to leave it behind. Just like human beings tend to live in communities to avoid feeling lonely, they also tend to be happy. Is sadness needed to become better human beings? Actually, yeah. Is it the way we should live? It makes me wonder, sometimes. It is difficult to change the world, this is not shounen anime. But it is easy to change your own world if you put a bit of effort in it. Smiles are actually the most powerful disease. If someone smiles, there are high chances of someone else smiling as well. But all of us should work a little on trying to smile a little... and spread that kind of happiness.

Senior Member дух has a reputation beyond repute дух has a reputation beyond repute дух has a reputation beyond repute дух has a reputation beyond repute дух has a reputation beyond repute дух has a reputation beyond repute дух has a reputation beyond repute дух has a reputation beyond repute дух has a reputation beyond repute дух has a reputation beyond repute дух has a reputation beyond repute дух's Avatar
    Gil
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-29-2021 06:26 AM
    Threads

There is a big difference between being sad and chronic depression. I've suffered from fairly severe depression most of my life. I masked it with stupid / absurd humor, heavy drugs, and alcohol for most of my life. It's something that never really goes away. You just learn to live with it and find better coping mechanisms.

Gil
    Cheerful
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Yeah... bad.

Member Rave_Grip has a reputation beyond repute Rave_Grip has a reputation beyond repute Rave_Grip has a reputation beyond repute Rave_Grip has a reputation beyond repute Rave_Grip has a reputation beyond repute Rave_Grip has a reputation beyond repute Rave_Grip has a reputation beyond repute Rave_Grip has a reputation beyond repute Rave_Grip has a reputation beyond repute Rave_Grip has a reputation beyond repute Rave_Grip has a reputation beyond repute Rave_Grip's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-06-2022 03:44 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by =Digimon_Sommelier= View Post
    Q: Have you ever felt depressed?

I grew up with an abusive family that I eventually ran away from. I was depressed for seven years before leaving and even thought suicidal thoughts. Today, I'm strong and don't regret my life. It truly did get better for me and I have a robust support system. I am grateful to be alive and to be able to say "Ha! The Grim Reaper lost!"
    Pretty much the same for me. Only ruined my self esteemed for 15 years. No bog deal right? lol. Still alive and building myself to be more resilient and be better before it's too late and I'm old. I've found that depression is the result of the mind suppressing anger to prevent you from harming yourself. If that makes sense.

21. Likes Digimon_Sommelier liked this post
    Member RZ. is on a distinguished road RZ.'s Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-27-2021 07:50 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: LickleGrimes

Came out of a relationship back in February and it was very rough. My ex decided to get with one of my best friends about 2 weeks after we split, which basically forced me to cut off my whole friend group bar one or two. My grandparents were very ill and other members of my family were in a bad mental state too and took it out on me verbally, so it was a lot of stuff all at once. Things settled down eventually and I sort of threw myself into my hobbies. At one point I was spending entire days from 10am to 8pm designing intricate maps for my unwritten fantasy novel which I got rid of in the end because I didn't like them lol.

Now I'm doing a lot better! Life's a rollercoaster.
    I have an Anilist now:

https://anilist.co/user/TheRealRZ/

Gil
    Cheerful
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

F*** depression. I'm HERE TO STAY.

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-25-2024 08:51 PM
    Threads

Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

Junior Member Barbaraa is on a distinguished road Barbaraa's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-17-2021 06:39 AM
    Threads

Depression is normal, that between women and men, but the most important thing is that when it starts and if it is not eliminated in time, let's say so, then she can live with you for years and spoil everything around you, no mood and strength, and over time, health will deteriorate but getting out of it is also not always easy, since it is quite difficult to find a good psychologist (

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Depressed? Sing!

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-25-2024 08:51 PM
    Threads

The female version

Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

^ Different song, but still a great scene. Madeline Kahn left this world too soon. We all miss her I'm sure.

She does a great Marlene Dietrich. This scene is somewhat reminiscent of Dietrich's role in Destry Rides Again. If you have never seen it, do so!

Gil
    Cheerful
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PictureGuy View Post
    ^ Different song, but still a great scene. Madeline Kahn left this world too soon. We all miss her I'm sure.

She does a great Marlene Dietrich. This scene is somewhat reminiscent of Dietrich's role in Destry Rides Again. If you have never seen it, do so!
    Who the hell is Madeline Khan?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information