AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Saddest Thing That Ever Happened To You?

Senior Member Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    469 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-12-2014 08:06 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Default Saddest Thing That Ever Happened To You?

Read the title and share your stories.
    人類は調和したのか?
    VY2V3 = Me | Kagamine Len Act 1 = You

Senior Member John Watson has a reputation beyond repute John Watson has a reputation beyond repute John Watson has a reputation beyond repute John Watson has a reputation beyond repute John Watson has a reputation beyond repute John Watson has a reputation beyond repute John Watson has a reputation beyond repute John Watson has a reputation beyond repute John Watson has a reputation beyond repute John Watson has a reputation beyond repute John Watson has a reputation beyond repute John Watson's Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Gifts Mars Crystal Henshin Pen Rainbow Ribbon Sagittarius
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-17-2014 12:03 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Saddest Thing That Ever Happened To You?

Lol, before I list them I just wanna say; first world problems. lmao.

Umm I guess the saddest thing would be...that I...failed my high school exams like three times. I really felt hopeless and like I wouldnt be able to graduate from high school.
    I didnt gave up though, I just kept pressing on until I passed!

Yea...nothing really depressing or heartbreaking has happened to me as of yet. I'm really weakhearted and emotional so when it does happen, I'll be a wreck for quite some time but I'm sure I'll be able to pull myself back up.

Senior Member Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    469 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Story time for me. The saddest thing that happened to me was when my first cat, Lily, died. I was like 13 and guess that crushed the possibility of me ever being truly happy again. She was the best thing that happened to me and then she died of leukemia, it was sad because I found her as a stray kitten and fed her and even sneaked her inside my room (I'm allergic to cats) even though my parents didn't want her in the house. In a while they grew accustomed to her being around the house that they finally let her live with us, she was my best friend and would always come when I called her name. She died because my mom put her to sleep because she didn't want to suffer, I would like to think that she wouldn't suffer because she would be with me in her last moments but I know that's not true. Never have a felt a pain equivalent to what I felt the day I found out she died and weeks after that.
    Last edited by Xeyuzio; 03-07-2012 at 04:57 PM.
    人類は調和したのか?

AF's resident Crazy Cat Lady Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf's Avatar
    Starving
    Gifts Mario Bowser Shell Mario Bob-omb Mario Blue Shell
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-22-2014 12:38 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CaptainEllipsis Steam ID: CaptainEllipsis Wii Code: 2388 1485 3012 2739

Just a heads up, mostly everyone will say when someone/something died.

Anyway, mine was when I was about 7-8. I had somewhere near 9 cats, and -all- of them died within two weeks from various things (though none of it was my fault). I was depressed for like a year after that.

Gil
    Mentioned
    469 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by Ellipsis View Post

Anyway, mine was when I was about 7-8. I had somewhere near 9 cats, and -all- of them died within two weeks from various things (though none of it was my fault). I was depressed for like a year after that.
    人類は調和したのか?

6. Likes John Watson liked this post
    Senior Member sakuraAnne has a reputation beyond repute sakuraAnne has a reputation beyond repute sakuraAnne has a reputation beyond repute sakuraAnne has a reputation beyond repute sakuraAnne has a reputation beyond repute sakuraAnne has a reputation beyond repute sakuraAnne has a reputation beyond repute sakuraAnne has a reputation beyond repute sakuraAnne has a reputation beyond repute sakuraAnne has a reputation beyond repute sakuraAnne has a reputation beyond repute sakuraAnne's Avatar
    Gil
    Angry
    Gifts Taurus Cake Kawaii Ice Cream Cone
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-26-2012 10:08 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

When my plans FAILED...it makes my whole world sad...
    Love Your enemies

Senior Member Arrisu has a reputation beyond repute Arrisu has a reputation beyond repute Arrisu has a reputation beyond repute Arrisu has a reputation beyond repute Arrisu has a reputation beyond repute Arrisu has a reputation beyond repute Arrisu has a reputation beyond repute Arrisu has a reputation beyond repute Arrisu has a reputation beyond repute Arrisu has a reputation beyond repute Arrisu has a reputation beyond repute Arrisu's Avatar
    Gil
    Devilish
    Gifts Cake Spinning Beach Ball Doom Baka
    Mentioned
    375 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-26-2016 06:47 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ellipsis View Post

That is actually pretty depressing, talk about bad luck. What are the actual odds of that happening to somebody?

"I will make Hiyori the happiest girl in this world..."

Senior Member Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare's Avatar
    Gil
    Angry
    Gifts Purple Ribbon Gabumon Cylon Centurion
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-03-2017 08:07 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

When upgrading to iOS 5 rendered my old gen iTouch useless.
    No power in the 'verse can stop me...

AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    marvelangga has a reputation beyond repute marvelangga has a reputation beyond repute marvelangga has a reputation beyond repute marvelangga has a reputation beyond repute marvelangga has a reputation beyond repute marvelangga has a reputation beyond repute marvelangga has a reputation beyond repute marvelangga has a reputation beyond repute marvelangga has a reputation beyond repute marvelangga has a reputation beyond repute marvelangga has a reputation beyond repute marvelangga's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics

My dog died.

The Palmtop Tiger blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Hedgehog PPG Bubbles Alice
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2018 07:05 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: blueangel06661 Steam ID: blueangel06661

I was all excited to go to college and just days before I got a new car since mine was a POS.. I was to pay half and my dad was to pay the other half.. Later that night my aunt comes banging on our door to tell the news I guess you can probably assume....

So since I was the only child of his I had to take care of all the arrangements. I also had to be at college since I was a day late for orientation so as soon as we were done at the graveyard I hoped in my car and drove 6hrs away to college. Yup.. Oh and I had to pay my car in full as well.

--------------

Then there was the time my g-pa passed.... You haven't seen a girl go crazy until that time... Talk about loopy... I could probably have ripped your face clean off out of frustration and anger and sadness. I was not one to be trifled with at that point of time.. Took MOOOONTHS to calm down.

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Interested in Pop-Up Cafes in Japan? Dango News is the place for you.
    Dango News
    | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram

Senior Member Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheeky
    Gifts Dodge Viper GTS Hyundai Coupe Yellow Ribbon
    Mentioned
    410 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-10-2017 10:46 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Bad_Prelude

READ IT ALL! TRUE STORY!

i was at a party one. having a good time, sipping some brew. it fairly un-eventful. but then i had to go to the bathroom. so i slowly creeped my way through the crowd freshly opened 40oz Bud light in hand. i found the bathroom and took care of my business. then walked back out to the party. danced with some ladies, sipped on my 40, and continued having me a good old time. but suddenly, this enormous mass of steroid injected muscle started pushing its way through the crowd heading in my general direction. the white hulk then stumbled into a very frail young lady and made her fall into me. normally someone so light would be easy for me to catch. however, due to me inebriated state, i lost my balance and my grip loosened.
    From the corner of my eye, i watched as the glistening brown bottle filled with what to me was more precious gold, slowly slip out of my grasp. time seemed to slow as i helplessly watched my 40oz Bud Light appear to become smaller and smaller as it tumbled toward the dark grey tiled floor. i remember crying out in my mind...

But to no avail...
    upon impact i watched as fissures raced across the surface of my dearest 40.
    The divine, golden liquid cascaded into the air! and i could not help but to fall to my knees and mourn the loss of one of my closest friends...

...still brings a tear to my eye to even think about it...

Hmmm... Been a while
    Sit back some time and simply ask yourself, [Link]->"Do you even lift, bro?"<-[Link]

Senior Member Saeriel has a reputation beyond repute Saeriel has a reputation beyond repute Saeriel has a reputation beyond repute Saeriel has a reputation beyond repute Saeriel has a reputation beyond repute Saeriel has a reputation beyond repute Saeriel has a reputation beyond repute Saeriel has a reputation beyond repute Saeriel has a reputation beyond repute Saeriel has a reputation beyond repute Saeriel has a reputation beyond repute Saeriel's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-18-2012 11:25 AM
    Threads

We had a Rottweiler, and she had puppies about three weeks before I was born. We sold all but one and so I basically grew up with him. We lived out on an acreage, so it wasn't easy to get to other peoples houses, and even if it had been I was a quiet child, smarter than the other idiots, and bullied... So he was my best friend, as lame as that may sound. I mean he was old when I was still a child but.. Anyway, he died of cancer. It originated in his leg but by the time a lump showed and we talked to the vet it had already traveled into his lungs... I remember crying for what seemed like a week afterward, and when I first found out he was dying, I sat sobbing, singing to him. Not a pretty sight... Actually, one song still pushes me to a state of sadness as it reminds me... But I have not remembered him for... a long time.

Also, the day my mother told me that she was leaving my father. The same day my sister explained that it was obvious it was coming, as normal couples don't act like they do, though how I was supposed to know that... *shrug*... The same day I saw my father cry for the first time. The first time she asked me to lie for her and I did without question because she was my mother...

Bleh. I was already in a melancholy mood when I first logged onto AF haha, this may have come off more... blah than I had intended :X

Set made by the wonderful Seung-li.

"Everyone tries to define this thing called Character. It's not hard. Character is doing what's right when nobody's looking."

Senior Member Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-18-2023 05:24 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Moving away and losing all my friends... every 5 years or so throughout my childhood.

Senior Member S o l o has a reputation beyond repute S o l o has a reputation beyond repute S o l o has a reputation beyond repute S o l o has a reputation beyond repute S o l o has a reputation beyond repute S o l o has a reputation beyond repute S o l o has a reputation beyond repute S o l o has a reputation beyond repute S o l o has a reputation beyond repute S o l o has a reputation beyond repute S o l o has a reputation beyond repute S o l o's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts 001 - Bulbasaur 004 - Charmander 007 - Squirtle
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-16-2022 02:19 PM
    Threads

Getting played and cheated on by a girl I was crazy in love with. Meh, I was despressed for a good few months.

(But I found someone 100x better :3 )
    I ♥ yuri

Senior Member .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty.'s Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts A Duck 149 - Dragonite
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-24-2016 11:02 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Telling my nan her first born (my uncle) had passed away when she was laid up in hospital after they broke her hip in an amazing act of medical negligence.

Then being the subsequent family to read a eulogy and poem and my only Uncles funeral.

I win the unwinable thread?
    Last edited by .Tatty.; 03-12-2012 at 06:09 AM. Reason: Left the E out of Eulogy

Lex Luger R.I.P
    ¦ Sexy Logo By Me ¦ R A R E R E N D E R ¦ Tutorial requests and PSD Requests open ¦ Tag Thread

Senior Member Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Gifts Pokedex 025 - Pikachu
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-05-2012 01:07 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

My heart, and trust were broken by my ex who was also one of my best friends. I'm over it for the most part, but its never a good feeling to have someone close to you hurt you in such a way.
    Gero Server Guru

Senior Member Trippy Hippie has a reputation beyond repute Trippy Hippie has a reputation beyond repute Trippy Hippie has a reputation beyond repute Trippy Hippie has a reputation beyond repute Trippy Hippie has a reputation beyond repute Trippy Hippie has a reputation beyond repute Trippy Hippie has a reputation beyond repute Trippy Hippie has a reputation beyond repute Trippy Hippie has a reputation beyond repute Trippy Hippie has a reputation beyond repute Trippy Hippie has a reputation beyond repute Trippy Hippie's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-09-2013 06:13 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

My parents only pay attention to my brother. I'm just sorta there.

Fearless Red Mage SakuraKiss13 has a reputation beyond repute SakuraKiss13 has a reputation beyond repute SakuraKiss13 has a reputation beyond repute SakuraKiss13 has a reputation beyond repute SakuraKiss13 has a reputation beyond repute SakuraKiss13 has a reputation beyond repute SakuraKiss13 has a reputation beyond repute SakuraKiss13 has a reputation beyond repute SakuraKiss13 has a reputation beyond repute SakuraKiss13 has a reputation beyond repute SakuraKiss13 has a reputation beyond repute SakuraKiss13's Avatar
    Gil
    Talkative
    Gifts Ice Ornament Ouran Patch
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-25-2013 07:13 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Most of my sad stories are too confidential but I'll share that happened today.
    I didn't place as a honor student and I fell from my position as top 4th male student. I dunno. This year was the year where I did my best.
    I'm feeling bitter really. I got good scores on exams (except math and science) but I sucked at art projects which was unfair for me and my other classmates said that my work was impressive and has a good concept but ended getting the lowest scores while those works which are simple got the perfect score.

I'm pretty depressed today. But slowly im moving on cause I really wasn't expecting to get all of what I want.
    Well, sometimes I do believe that no matter how you put effort onto work, they don't appreciate it or somewhat like that.

Senior Member th_afuro_samurai8 has a reputation beyond repute th_afuro_samurai8 has a reputation beyond repute th_afuro_samurai8 has a reputation beyond repute th_afuro_samurai8 has a reputation beyond repute th_afuro_samurai8 has a reputation beyond repute th_afuro_samurai8 has a reputation beyond repute th_afuro_samurai8 has a reputation beyond repute th_afuro_samurai8 has a reputation beyond repute th_afuro_samurai8 has a reputation beyond repute th_afuro_samurai8 has a reputation beyond repute th_afuro_samurai8 has a reputation beyond repute th_afuro_samurai8's Avatar
    Gil
    Wasted
    Gifts Ice Cream Trollface Rageface
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-18-2012 11:07 PM
    Threads

I lost half of my earrings down the drain...

Morphine. Kanjoudakai_Ira has a reputation beyond repute Kanjoudakai_Ira has a reputation beyond repute Kanjoudakai_Ira has a reputation beyond repute Kanjoudakai_Ira has a reputation beyond repute Kanjoudakai_Ira has a reputation beyond repute Kanjoudakai_Ira has a reputation beyond repute Kanjoudakai_Ira has a reputation beyond repute Kanjoudakai_Ira has a reputation beyond repute Kanjoudakai_Ira has a reputation beyond repute Kanjoudakai_Ira has a reputation beyond repute Kanjoudakai_Ira has a reputation beyond repute Kanjoudakai_Ira's Avatar
    Gil
    Busy
    Gifts Paint Palette Gun Camera Dslr
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-04-2012 09:22 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I was born. Enough said.
    No Mercy,
    No Remorse.

||Thank you MaruDashi for the great set!||

22. Likes battousai_ryuu liked this post
    Magical Llama Man Ryuu battousai_ryuu has a reputation beyond repute battousai_ryuu has a reputation beyond repute battousai_ryuu has a reputation beyond repute battousai_ryuu has a reputation beyond repute battousai_ryuu has a reputation beyond repute battousai_ryuu has a reputation beyond repute battousai_ryuu has a reputation beyond repute battousai_ryuu has a reputation beyond repute battousai_ryuu has a reputation beyond repute battousai_ryuu has a reputation beyond repute battousai_ryuu has a reputation beyond repute battousai_ryuu's Avatar
    Gil
    Aggressive
    Gifts Batmobile 1989 Batmobile Animated Jaguar XKR
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-17-2012 12:19 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Kanjoudakai_Ira View Post
    I was born. Enough said.
    Took the words out of my mouth~
    Set made by the Wonderfully talented Yukari :3
    "You are slow, even when falling..."
    BLEACH
    Father(/mother O-o): Ryutama
    Mothers: Mikuchuu & SuXrys
    Older Brother to:
    Keena Aya Ashikaga
    Miki~
    Xey Oiz

Devourer of Realms Munchman has a reputation beyond repute Munchman has a reputation beyond repute Munchman has a reputation beyond repute Munchman has a reputation beyond repute Munchman has a reputation beyond repute Munchman has a reputation beyond repute Munchman has a reputation beyond repute Munchman has a reputation beyond repute Munchman has a reputation beyond repute Munchman has a reputation beyond repute Munchman has a reputation beyond repute Munchman's Avatar
    Gil
    Happy
    Gifts Present The one Ring Bobba Fett
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-30-2014 04:31 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Mclovin

The saddest thing to ever happen to me? Umh...

Well , i always lived with my grandmother , and she was quite abusive , while my mother was literally my best friend( she lived a couple of hours away) , so naturally i loved her... Then she got married and didnt talk to me for about a year. I assumed it was because she was busy or something... Then one day , i was hanging out at the mall with some friends when i see her there , bowling with her new family. She looks at me , I look at her , wave at her , and she has a completely blank face for around a second and goes back to playing bowling witouth aknowledging me. Didnt talk much to her after that.

The other saddest thing that happened to me was when i found out my mother used to be a prostitute.

Senior Member Bamboobowl has a reputation beyond repute Bamboobowl has a reputation beyond repute Bamboobowl has a reputation beyond repute Bamboobowl has a reputation beyond repute Bamboobowl has a reputation beyond repute Bamboobowl has a reputation beyond repute Bamboobowl has a reputation beyond repute Bamboobowl has a reputation beyond repute Bamboobowl has a reputation beyond repute Bamboobowl has a reputation beyond repute Bamboobowl has a reputation beyond repute Bamboobowl's Avatar
    Gil
    Relaxed
    Gifts Trollface Jigsaw Ribbon Dr Who Tardis
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-30-2013 11:48 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I was always lucky to say that nothing truly sad had ever happened to me, and so I had problems with comforting others.

But, two years ago, I lost someone very important to me; my beloved dog.
    I began to notice that he was having trouble with his vision, because when I would walk him around the neighborhood he would run into things.
    However, I have owned animals my entire life, especially dogs. He was getting older, and I chalked it up to being a case of cataract.
    Though, it wasn't especially alarming at first, he slowly began to have more complications with his sight. Until, one day I was petting him and he acted as if he didn't even know I was there.
    I took him to the Vet clinic, and they said that he was almost %100 blind. I was so distraught for a long time, but then he started to progressively get worse.
    I was walking him on a beautiful starry night, when I noticed he was bleeding when he tried to go to the bathroom.
    Terrified, I rushed him to the clinic once again, and when I say rush I really mean rush. I was surprised I didn't get arrested, because I was over the speed limit.
    The veterinarian that examined him this time was the son of the man who originally saved my dog's life when he was a puppy, so I knew he was in good hands.
    I paced the waiting room outside, and eventually my whole family showed up to wait also.
    After what seemed like an eternity, the vet came out to tell us the diagnosis, and what came next would be burned into my memory forever.
    He said that my dog, Sparky, had a stroke. And that all his internal organs were shutting down, thus explaining the blood.
    I was left with two very drastic options; I could choose to let them give him a medication that would keep him alive for another week or so, but he would be in extreme amounts of pain. Or I could have him euthanized, letting him have a very peaceful and humane death.
    He said that it seemed my dog had been holding on for months, and that broke my heart even further. Because he didn't want to leave.
    I knew it would be selfish to keep him around just for my personal reasons, and so I let him be put to sleep.
    My family and I were allowed to say our goodbyes before it happened, each of us sobbing. I was one of the last to see him, when I approached, he looked at me with a fear in his eyes and his heart rate increased. He always worried when I would cry, because I rarely ever did.
    I stroked his soft fur for the last time, I laid my head on his body and listened, I wrapped my cross around his neck, and told him I loved him.
    When I left the clinic, I immediately fell to the ground on my knees in the parking lot. I cried harder than ever before, I sounded like I was being tortured, and if you asked me I would say I was.
    My sister helped me off the ground as I wailed and moaned, I couldn't even breathe, I didn't even want to.
    I looked up into the sky, mentally begging the question of why?, when I noticed it wasn't raining any longer.
    The entire week had been stormy, the sky turned an ugly dull color. But, it wasn't when I looked.
    A bright ray of sunshine shined down on my face, and then a beautiful rainbow appeared. And I knew, he was in a better place.
    The ride back to my sister's place was silent, however. She wiped the tears with the back of her hand while she drove, I stared out the window numbly.
    I thought that this was all just a horrible dream, I prayed to God it was. The scenery passed by the window in a blur.
    I remembered the day I first met him, how he was just a small puppy that fit into a coat pocket. I was just four years old, and he was the best Christmas gift.
    I remembered playing in the snow with him, walking him around the local park. I grew up with him, he was my best friend, he was like a brother.
    After that, I had a long struggle with the fact that he was gone. Even now, I expect him to be waiting eagerly at the door when I come home.

Closed Thread

Thread Information