AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Anime that's different from the manga.

Senior Member Blackmagezero is a splendid one to behold Blackmagezero is a splendid one to behold Blackmagezero is a splendid one to behold Blackmagezero is a splendid one to behold Blackmagezero is a splendid one to behold Blackmagezero is a splendid one to behold Blackmagezero is a splendid one to behold Blackmagezero's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-02-2019 05:17 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Anime that's different from the manga.

So I am reading Fuuka, and I watched the first season of the anime because I liked the manga. I noticed that the anime series is taking a huge turn from the manga. I would elaborate on this but as this is only my second thread I don't know how to make the spoiler box, and I don't want to spoil anything.

So does anyone know any other animes that went in a different direction than the manga?

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Screwdriver Chameleon Rageface
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-26-2024 10:39 AM
    Threads

Default Re: Anime that's different from the manga.

I earlier mentioned Eureka 7 in another thread on another topic. This is a case of the anime coming before the manga. I don't read many mangas, but E7 was an exception. I heard the story was different, and I wanted to check it out. It is different.

For one thing, Eureka apparently dies. I say apparently because it is disputed.

Full Metal Alchemist was supposed to be different than the anime. FMA Brotherhood was supposed to follow it more closely.

Ace Kaitous YOU Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Hat Rayman Baboon With A Gun Bioshock Syringe
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-23-2024 09:22 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: kaitou ace42 PSN ID: kaitou42 Steam ID: kaitou_ace

Trigun actually! The anime was done and finished long before the manga even knew where it was going to go, and in an interesting twist, some scenes from the anime were re-adapted into the manga when it reached that point.

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

As long as we are on the subject of mangas differing from the anime, I have a Full Metal Alchemist question. Did Ed and Winry end up together in the manga?

In the original anime, they did not. This pissed a lot of fans. In Brotherhood, we see at the end photos of Ed and Winry with their children, so we can assume they did. Was this just to pacify the fans? What happens in the manga?

Little Green Miko Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome's Avatar
    Gil
    Blah
    Gifts Kawaiislice Aria Neko Pluto Garnet Orb
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-23-2023 10:19 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Kagxme4988 PSN ID: KagomeMiko

Most anime is different from its manga counterpart on some level. A lot of it is very different...And mots often not for the better. At least that's what I think anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by PictureGuy View Post
    As long as we are on the subject of mangas differing from the anime, I have a Full Metal Alchemist question. Did Ed and Winry end up together in the manga?

In the original anime, they did not. This pissed a lot of fans. In Brotherhood, we see at the end photos of Ed and Winry with their children, so we can assume they did. Was this just to pacify the fans? What happens in the manga?
    To answer this:

Yes. She did. He asked her to marry him in that backwards alchemist way by asking for half of her life and he'd give her half of his. To which she returned "I'd give you all of it..."
    How'd You Like That On Your Lawn?!
    "I may be empty, but I'm not worthless!"

...Clear...

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Kagome View Post
    Most anime is different from its manga counterpart on some level. A lot of it is very different...And mots often not for the better. At least that's what I think anyway.
    Anime and manga are different medium, so I guess it figures.

And that manga ending for FMA, it sounds so sweet! I wish they would have done that scene in the anime. I am such a softie.

7. Likes Kagome liked this post
    Qoco has a reputation beyond repute Qoco has a reputation beyond repute Qoco has a reputation beyond repute Qoco has a reputation beyond repute Qoco has a reputation beyond repute Qoco has a reputation beyond repute Qoco has a reputation beyond repute Qoco has a reputation beyond repute Qoco has a reputation beyond repute Qoco has a reputation beyond repute Qoco has a reputation beyond repute Qoco's Avatar
    Gil
    Aggressive
    Gifts Movie Ticket Mercedes-Benz Green Tea
    Mentioned
    309 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-09-2022 09:40 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Soul Eater isn't entirely the same. Last I checked with Tokyo Ghoul, the anime and manga weren't the same either. I pick manga over anime for both.

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-25-2024 08:51 PM
    Threads

Fullmetal Alchemist

Hellsing

Ah My Goddess...
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Qoco View Post
    Soul Eater isn't entirely the same. Last I checked with Tokyo Ghoul, the anime and manga weren't the same either. I pick manga over anime for both.
    I am not a manga reader, but I know that eventually the manga drops the original characters down to minor roles and introduces new ones.

What other differences for both?

Little Green Miko Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome's Avatar
    Gil
    Blah
    Gifts Kawaiislice Aria Neko Pluto Garnet Orb
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-23-2023 10:19 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Kagxme4988 PSN ID: KagomeMiko

I am not a manga reader, but I know that eventually the manga drops the original characters down to minor roles and introduces new ones.

I've not read nor seen Tokyo Ghoul so I can't speak for that--but I can say with certainty for Soul Eater that the manga certainly does not drop the original characters down to minor roles and introduces new ones....o.o

There is a spin off series for Soul Eater called
    "Soul Eater NOT" that doesn't use the original cast.,,But that is a spin off.

The differences between the manga soul eater and the anime are that the story lines wind up going in different directions, and the manga has a more definitive End than the anime does.
    How'd You Like That On Your Lawn?!
    "I may be empty, but I'm not worthless!"

...Clear...

Qoco has a reputation beyond repute Qoco has a reputation beyond repute Qoco has a reputation beyond repute Qoco has a reputation beyond repute Qoco has a reputation beyond repute Qoco has a reputation beyond repute Qoco has a reputation beyond repute Qoco has a reputation beyond repute Qoco has a reputation beyond repute Qoco has a reputation beyond repute Qoco has a reputation beyond repute Qoco's Avatar
    Gil
    Aggressive
    Gifts Movie Ticket Mercedes-Benz Green Tea
    Mentioned
    309 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-09-2022 09:40 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I haven't kept up with Tokyo Ghoul for a year or two. Where I left off, somewhere in Tokyo Ghoul: re, the main character is the same; Ken Kaneki (Haise Sasaki). In the anime the main character is the same as well. It's just that the story goes in a different direction. Soul Eater starts off the same iirc, but then goes in a different direction too. The ending is different, like Kagome said.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

My comment was meant to be only about Soul Eater. I see I did not make that clear. I saw a Soul Eater manga on-line where a new character of some rich girl is introduced -- if I remember correctly. She's a new student, and apparently the next story was centered around her. Or was that the spinoff?

Cartoon Network's Adult Swim had the first two seasons of Tokyo Ghoul. I haven't check it out yet, but with all the loose threads at the end of season 2, I assume there is a season 3. So no talking about the ending, please?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information