AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Zombie Survival

Senior Member ryoga-kun has a reputation beyond repute ryoga-kun has a reputation beyond repute ryoga-kun has a reputation beyond repute ryoga-kun has a reputation beyond repute ryoga-kun has a reputation beyond repute ryoga-kun has a reputation beyond repute ryoga-kun has a reputation beyond repute ryoga-kun has a reputation beyond repute ryoga-kun has a reputation beyond repute ryoga-kun has a reputation beyond repute ryoga-kun has a reputation beyond repute ryoga-kun's Avatar
    Gil
    Suspicious
    Gifts Compass
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-20-2011 11:22 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Re: Zombie Survival

Quote Originally Posted by Shinn Kamiyra View Post
    If worse came to worse, I'd simply blow myself up, taking along any zombies arrogant enough to believe they could sink their teeth into my flesh and get away unscathed.

Though I have to say you sound more appealing to the zombies than myself. You know how it's always the one talking about how someone else will be the next target instead of themselves that always manages to get himself/herself killed. It's the cruel, cruel cycle of cheesy zombie karma, and there isn't any getting around it.
    Hey, you're the one who wants to get in close with the Zombies with your katana. I have a 50-100m rule regarding Zombies. And dual wielding katanas? lmao.

Camping, backpacking, zombie survival and language study!

Senior Member Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra's Avatar
    Gil
    Woot
    Gifts Kawaii Ice Cream Cone Apple Systems NES Controller
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-24-2011 10:57 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ryoga-kun View Post
    Hey, you're the one who wants to get in close with the Zombies with your katana. I have a 50-100m rule regarding Zombies. And dual wielding katanas? lmao.
    Oh, how cute. He actually has a rule governing distance between him and the zombie hordes.

Say what you will, but I'll trust a sword over a gun against the living dead any day of the week. But then it doesn't sound like you've even seen them in use, so I'll take your opinion with a grain of salt on that one, you understand. ^^

My thanks to Xey Oiz for the awesome new set.

"Screw being normal and be awesome instead!"

Senior Member ryoga-kun has a reputation beyond repute ryoga-kun has a reputation beyond repute ryoga-kun has a reputation beyond repute ryoga-kun has a reputation beyond repute ryoga-kun has a reputation beyond repute ryoga-kun has a reputation beyond repute ryoga-kun has a reputation beyond repute ryoga-kun has a reputation beyond repute ryoga-kun has a reputation beyond repute ryoga-kun has a reputation beyond repute ryoga-kun has a reputation beyond repute ryoga-kun's Avatar
    Gil
    Suspicious
    Gifts Compass
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Gun or sword?
    True, I haven't used many swords. I've used a few machetes (kinda like a sword) though. Seen a lot of Kendo guys do their stuff but not a Kendo person myself. Never seen any of them dual wield... maybe because the Katana is a two handed weapon *duh*
    Yup, the 50-100 is for firearms. Because it's in this range where you're at a safe distance while still being close enough to make head shots with an M-4 in the standing position with even basic iron sights.
    As for melee, you need a large number of properly coordinated and drilled people or you'd just get swallowed up. Try working your way into a crowd. That's pretty much how it's going to be. You'll be surrounded in no time.

Zombie Food!

Senior Member Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta's Avatar
    Gil
    Pensive
    Gifts Manekineko
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-10-2011 07:37 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Oh, how cute. He actually has a rule governing distance between him and the zombie hordes.

Say what you will, but I'll trust a sword over a gun against the living dead any day of the week. But then it doesn't sound like you've even seen them in use, so I'll take your opinion with a grain of salt on that one, you understand. ^^
    obviously, he hasn't played Left 4 Dead 2 yet, I cut down thousands of zombies using the katana in that game, hahahaha!
    but if any special infected pops its head out, it takes a bullet between the eyes from my trusty sniper rifle.

Truth is a thing which only appears to those who have observed, considered, and made a choice. At the end of the path you chose lies the truth...Believe in it and continue without faltering.

Senior Member Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra's Avatar
    Gil
    Woot
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Gun or sword?
    True, I haven't used many swords. I've used a few machetes (kinda like a sword) though. Seen a lot of Kendo guys do their stuff but not a Kendo person myself. Never seen any of them dual wield... maybe because the Katana is a two handed weapon *duh*
    Wow, quite obviously you know absolutely nothing about swordsmanship, or at the very least about Japanese swordsmanship. As a matter of fact, one of the most skilled and renowned swordsmen in all of recorded history, Miyamoto Musashi, happened to develop the Nito-Ryu, or Dual Sword Style. I assure you that it is very real, and very deadly.

Quote Originally Posted by ryoga-kun
    Yup, the 50-100 is for firearms. Because it's in this range where you're at a safe distance while still being close enough to make head shots with an M-4 in the standing position with even basic iron sights.
    As for melee, you need a large number of properly coordinated and drilled people or you'd just get swallowed up. Try working your way into a crowd. That's pretty much how it's going to be. You'll be surrounded in no time.

Zombie Food!
    Well... only a complete idiot would walk into a horde of zombies without at least some kind of strategy, that's certainly true. But then you also have the problems of consistent ammunition, while at the same time keeping an eye out as to your surroundings to make sure no one's sneaking up on you while you're taking those head shots of yours.

Hrm... at any rate, this is starting to drag itself out a bit too much. Neither of our preferences are perfect, and everything has its own inherent weakness. We'll leave it at that.

Gil
    Suspicious
    Gifts Compass
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I don't mind a little mental jousting.
    Yup, not really a sword person myself. Figured between getting caught in a fight with no weapons and engaging in a gun battle with insurgents, the sword is not a likely weapon I'll be using. Nito-Ryu... there are demonstrations but I haven't seen anything like Nito-ryu vs the standard Kendo in a real competition. Also from the demonstrations (just looked a few up actually), it doesn't seem very impressive. Takes a lot of skill no doubt, but seems a bit like most Tae Kwon Do moves in that it requires lots of skill, but won't work in a real fight. So how long have you been doing Kendo?

Also, I wouldn't be actively engaging Zombies alone. If I was alone and shooting at Zombies, it'd be for immediate self preservation purposes. The ideal is to operate with a 4 man fireteam. This ensures absolute 360 degree security at all times. And yes, ammo is short, that's why I wouldn't be going around looking for Zombies to kill. In fact, the only true reason to engage at a time like this would be to punch a hole through a thin portion of their crowd to get free and run from the Zombies. And if there is an opening, then no need to shoot either. Odds are, I'm more likely to use it on a human trying to steal my stuff!

The Poet Sword Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-28-2019 05:06 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I don't mind a little mental jousting.
    Yup, not really a sword person myself. Figured between getting caught in a fight with no weapons and engaging in a gun battle with insurgents, the sword is not a likely weapon I'll be using. Nito-Ryu... there are demonstrations but I haven't seen anything like Nito-ryu vs the standard Kendo in a real competition. Also from the demonstrations (just looked a few up actually), it doesn't seem very impressive. Takes a lot of skill no doubt, but seems a bit like most Tae Kwon Do moves in that it requires lots of skill, but won't work in a real fight. So how long have you been doing Kendo?

Also, I wouldn't be actively engaging Zombies alone. If I was alone and shooting at Zombies, it'd be for immediate self preservation purposes. The ideal is to operate with a 4 man fireteam. This ensures absolute 360 degree security at all times. And yes, ammo is short, that's why I wouldn't be going around looking for Zombies to kill. In fact, the only true reason to engage at a time like this would be to punch a hole through a thin portion of their crowd to get free and run from the Zombies. And if there is an opening, then no need to shoot either. Odds are, I'm more likely to use it on a human trying to steal my stuff!
    The katana is a fair melee weapon when it comes to zombie survival. It gives you the sharp cutting power, but little else when it comes to utility. Without a bit of crafty improvisation it would also be a little difficult to carry on your person. The Obi and sheath are fair for the purposes of the immediate present, but will eventually lead to awkward moments when more hazardous terrain, or even slight bouts of acrobatics are called into question. I would recommend tying the sword to oneself in a way that would allow it to be accessible, yet, held down so it wont fall out of it's scabbard at it's earliest convenience.

It's a fine weapon in a zombie situation, it's just a little more high maintenance than a machete or a crowbar.

Guns are to be desired in a situation involving the living dead, and as stated before in this thread, not for the sake of slaughtering corpses, but for survival's sake. You don't shoot the wayward single zombie in the park unless necessary, which in most park situations can be questionable. With enough foliage, negligible.

Let's not forget Max Brook's credo, "Blades don't need reloading". This is as much of a fact as it is to have the ranged advantage in a zombie situation when infection might be highly imminent. At the same time, I have read Musashi's "The Book of Five Rings", and as far as Niten-Ichi Ryu goes, I do not believe it would be the style best suited towards zombie combat. Unless your arms can individually produce enough force to sever bone and tissue by themselves, the two handed approach is desired for accuracy and power.

Your goal is to defend yourself, and the best way to down a zombie is by removing it's brain from the body- or by inflicting sufficient brain trauma. Two swords might be viable against a human foe who must focus on both of your blades, but a zombie doesn't care about what's in it's way, and flesh wounds do not hinder it. As a side point, using two hands with one sword allows one to always have an open off hand at the ready, when they must open a door or do some similar task.

I'd rather not see people bicker over a topic I have long enjoyed, we are all humans here and it should be our goal to aid one another and not compete. Every piece helps put the puzzle together. You use what you can with what you got, and do your best to survive. It should be our goal to channel our energies towards what this whole topic really is about; our survival as a species.
    Last edited by Tetsanosuke; 06-02-2011 at 11:08 PM.

Perhaps the world was never meant to make perfect sense.

There's nothing new Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000's Avatar
    Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2011 11:27 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I fear no zombies, check out my house.

Ehhh, I dunno if I'll stick around. We'll see.

The List of Hate, My self-indulgent journal-thing.
    Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

9. Likes Aku no Hikari, Souji Seta, Eris liked this post
    Gil
    Suspicious
    Gifts Compass
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Actually I enjoy these conversations. Sometimes someone comes up with something I've never thought about.
    As for bladed weapons, I am also a big proponent of it as a Zombie weapon but instead of swords I prefer spears. My reason for that is that it gives me distance against the Zombie and it handles like another weapon I'm very well versed in, the bayonet. I figured that if lured into a large open field, a well organized and large group of people employing a slowly retreating phalanx would slaughter the undead like it was nobody's business. I know the phalanx is supposed to move forward, but moving INTO Zombies would be a bad idea for a number of reasons.
    1) A Zombie might drop because of a spear hit through the neck (cutting off the spinal cord), but the head would still be able to bite at ankles. This could be overlooked in the heat of battles.
    2) You're going to need an enormous amount of people to push back thousands of Zombies... and you certainly could not do it with a line two men deep.
    For a close in blade weapon, I would just use the bayonet attached to the end of my rifle. Again, it's about the weapon you know how to use. Second choice would be the machete, though I'm hardly a pro with it. Real pros can shave a coconut real easy with one. Tried it... it's a lot harder than it looks. Again, it's what you know how to use.

btw I read Max Brooks' book, the Zombie Survival guide. The .22 round will probably not work against a skull at any meaningful range. At 50m, it doesn't even try to lodge itself in a tire. Doesn't even leave a mark.
    Last edited by ryoga-kun; 06-02-2011 at 11:37 PM.

Gil
    Woot
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsanosuke View Post
    The katana is a fair melee weapon when it comes to zombie survival. It gives you the sharp cutting power, but little else when it comes to utility. Without a bit of crafty improvisation it would also be a little difficult to carry on your person. The Obi and sheath are fair for the purposes of the immediate present, but will eventually lead to awkward moments when more hazardous terrain, or even slight bouts of acrobatics are called into question. I would recommend tying the sword to oneself in a way that would allow it to be accessible, yet, held down so it wont fall out of it's scabbard at it's earliest convenience.

It's a fine weapon in a zombie situation, it's just a little more high maintenance than a machete or a crowbar.

Guns are to be desired in a situation involving the living dead, and as stated before in this thread, not for the sake of slaughtering corpses, but for survival's sake. You don't shoot the wayward single zombie in the park unless necessary, which in most park situations can be questionable. With enough foliage, negligible.

Let's not forget Max Brook's credo, "Blades don't need reloading". This is as much of a fact as it is to have the ranged advantage in a zombie situation when infection might be highly imminent. At the same time, I have read Musashi's "The Book of Five Rings", and as far as Niten-Ichi Ryu goes, I do not believe it would be the style best suited towards zombie combat. Unless your arms can individually produce enough force to sever bone and tissue by themselves, the two handed approach is desired for accuracy and power.

Your goal is to defend yourself, and the best way to down a zombie is by removing it's brain from the body- or by inflicting sufficient brain trauma. Two swords might be viable against a human foe who must focus on both of your blades, but a zombie doesn't care about what's in it's way, and flesh wounds do not hinder it. As a side point, using two hands with one sword allows one to always have an open off hand at the ready, when they must open a door or do some similar task.

I'd rather not see people bicker over a topic I have long enjoyed, we are all humans here and it should be our goal to aid one another and not compete. Every piece helps put the puzzle together. You use what you can with what you got, and do your best to survive. It should be our goal to channel our energies towards what this whole topic really is about; our survival as a species.
    Well, to be perfectly fair, although I said I would carry dual katanas on me, I never actually said I was going to use Dual Sword Style. However, to be faced with a situation where you're going to be up against however many enemies and you haven't a fair guess at just how much flesh you're going to be slicing through with a single blade, having an extra one on you sounds like the safest bet to me.

Your points of using Dual Sword Style against the zombies are all certainly valid. Given all that, I probably wouldn't use it unless I was confident in my ability to slice through pure flesh and bone with a single stroke of my sword single-handedly; a difficult feat even for a Master I would think. Though if I were going to do it, I imagine my strategy would revolve around simple decapitation via a well placed strike at the neck.

1,500th post! Woot! XD
    Last edited by Shinn Kamiyra; 06-02-2011 at 11:32 PM.

Gil
    Suspicious
    Gifts Compass
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Well, to be perfectly fair, although I said I would carry dual katanas on me, I never actually said I was going to use Dual Sword Style. However, to be faced with a situation where you're going to be up against however many enemies and you haven't a fair guess at just how much flesh you're going to be slicing through with a single blade, having an extra one on you sounds like the safest bet to me.

Your points of using Dual Sword Style against the zombies are all certainly valid. Given all that, I probably wouldn't use it unless I was confident in my ability to slice through pure flesh and bone with a single stroke of my sword single-handedly; a difficult feat even for a Master I would think. Though if I were going to do it, I imagine my strategy would revolve around simple decapitation via a well placed strike at the neck.

1,500th post! Woot! XD
    Zombie Food.
    How long have you done Kendo?

Gil
    Woot
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Zombie Food.
    How long have you done Kendo?
    Not before you, kiddo.

And, right around three years now.

Gil
    Suspicious
    Gifts Compass
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Outstanding!
    The Katana's for you then.
    But you're still Zombie food.
    LOL

Senior Member Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-17-2011 12:15 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I wonder if I can get an under barrel grenade launcher for my AK?

Actually, I haven't got any rails on it right now, so no. I could swap out the foregrip and possibly add a bayonet.

Gil
    Suspicious
    Gifts Compass
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I don't know a whole lot about grenade launchers for AKs, but if the GL was made for your AK model, there should be a way to fit it by replacing the handguards. The M-203 was fitted onto M-16 and M-4s this way before the rail system was adopted.

Senior Member Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta's Avatar
    Gil
    Pensive
    Gifts Manekineko
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-10-2011 07:37 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra Commander View Post
    I wonder if I can get an under barrel grenade launcher for my AK?

Actually, I haven't got any rails on it right now, so no. I could swap out the foregrip and possibly add a bayonet.
    The grenade launcher attachment for the AK? It's called the GP-30 Obuvka (russian for shoe).
    Hmm... if I remember it correctly... The GP-30 does not require a rail system so don't worry about it. It can just be fitted into place below the barrel.

Truth is a thing which only appears to those who have observed, considered, and made a choice. At the end of the path you chose lies the truth...Believe in it and continue without faltering.

18. Thanks Cobra Commander thanked for this post
    Likes Cobra Commander liked this post
    The Poet Sword Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-28-2019 05:06 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Outstanding!
    The Katana's for you then.
    But you're still Zombie food.
    LOL
    urfaceiszombiefoodlolololol

@Shinn Kamiyra ; I wasn't claiming you'd necessarily use the Dual-Style, I was was just covering my bases with my thoughts. Having a back up is never a bad thing if you have the room or the strength to do so.

Perhaps the world was never meant to make perfect sense.

Gil
    Woot
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsanosuke View Post
    urfaceiszombiefoodlolololol

@Shinn Kamiyra ; I wasn't claiming you'd necessarily use the Dual-Style, I was was just covering my bases with my thoughts. Having a back up is never a bad thing if you have the room or the strength to do so.
    @Tetsanosuke : Oh, I never meant to insinuate that you did claim I used it. I was just putting it out there to have it on the record, is all.

Truthfully, IMHO, being proficient in Dual-Sword Style serves one best as a means by which to expand one's horizons first and being able to use two weapons at the same time second. It's really quite an interesting experience feeling just how differently you have to view battle and strategy when utilizing dual technique. And against the oncoming zombie hordes who don't know how to feel fear or run away, I believe it will serve me well whether I find myself using one or two swords.
    Last edited by Shinn Kamiyra; 06-03-2011 at 02:07 PM.

Gil
    Suspicious
    Gifts Compass
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

You're going to need a heck of a lot more than 3 years of Kendo to pull off dual sword techniques successfully.

There's nothing new Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000's Avatar
    Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2011 11:27 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

1) Swords are for baby-men. In Soviet Republics, all zombie killing is done with state-issued sledgehammers.
    2) Katana aren't particularly durable. Even if you do get a new one made of decent metal (unlike the historical katana) that is actually made for killing with a decent tang you are still getting a thin piece of metal that's tasked with cutting through bones and god-knows-what-else all day. If you simply must wield a sword you'd be better off with a broadsword or a longsword.
    3) Since half of the people in this thread are beawoos, wielding a sword makes you infinitely more dangerous to yourself and any loved ones you may or may not be with in the event of a zombie apocalypse. You aren't ninja or samurai, pick up a golf club and start swinging.
    Ehhh, I dunno if I'll stick around. We'll see.

The List of Hate, My self-indulgent journal-thing.
    Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Gifts Penguin Movie Ticket Gabumon
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-13-2024 02:28 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I'll just call @Dryaxx and tell him to use one of his atomic farts and call it a day.

Gil
    Suspicious
    Gifts Compass
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan_Project_2000 View Post
    1) Swords are for baby-men. In Soviet Republics, all zombie killing is done with state-issued sledgehammers.
    2) Katana aren't particularly durable. Even if you do get a new one made of decent metal (unlike the historical katana) that is actually made for killing with a decent tang you are still getting a thin piece of metal that's tasked with cutting through bones and god-knows-what-else all day. If you simply must wield a sword you'd be better off with a broadsword or a longsword.
    3) Since half of the people in this thread are beawoos, wielding a sword makes you infinitely more dangerous to yourself and any loved ones you may or may not be with in the event of a zombie apocalypse. You aren't ninja or samurai, pick up a golf club and start swinging.
    Well said.
    If you do not have mastery of your weapon, it can be more dangerous to you and those around you than to the enemy.
    Weapon weight and motion required to use it are all important. This is again why I like the spear. It's considerably less energy consuming than a sword.
    But yeah... that's why I'd go for a rifle. I'll be running most of the time and if I have to take something down, I can do so from 50m or more with a simple squeeze of the trigger.

Senior Member Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-17-2011 12:15 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I'd get one of these and we wouldn't have to run so much, since it looks like we're in the rifle-wielding minority here.

Gil
    Suspicious
    Gifts Compass
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

You know what would REALLY be awesome? Anti-mine flails.

Senior Member Emphasis has a reputation beyond repute Emphasis has a reputation beyond repute Emphasis has a reputation beyond repute Emphasis has a reputation beyond repute Emphasis has a reputation beyond repute Emphasis has a reputation beyond repute Emphasis has a reputation beyond repute Emphasis has a reputation beyond repute Emphasis has a reputation beyond repute Emphasis has a reputation beyond repute Emphasis has a reputation beyond repute Emphasis's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Electric Guitar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-26-2011 02:41 PM
    Threads

●●●When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.●●●
    ✣✣✣
    孤独 憎悪 嫉妬 不安 虚無に咲いた無表情 何よりも思い
    Right before my eyes
    The world that decayed

Closed Thread

Thread Information