AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Rewrite Anime OP/ED 2

Junior Member keyfan is on a distinguished road keyfan's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-13-2016 09:20 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Rewrite Anime OP/ED 2

I think I found some lyrics errors in Rizuchan's romanization for Rewrite anime OP/ED 2.

First when I listen to the songs, some part of the romaji lyrics feel a bit off and when I see it, the translations also don't match the romaji lyrics. So I checked the kanji provided and (using the help of google translate and online dictionaries), it seemed that there are some romanization errors. Strangely it seems that the translation matches the kanji lyrics, but not with the romanization. I'm not sure where Rizuchan got the random replacement words from, but it's almost as if they took the romanization from somewhere else without checking. Now I'm not even sure if they translated/romanized it from scratch.

Below is my thorough explanation
    Kanji provided > Rizuchan romanization > correction

Word of Dawn

言葉を知らない ままならば > Kotoba wo shiranai mono naraba > should be mama

近くから声が聞こえた 温かくて悲痛な声 > Chikaku kara koe wo kikoeta atatakakute hikizuru ano hou e > chikaku kara koe ga kikoeta atatakakute hitsuu na koe

染まりゆく景色の中 > Somari yuku keshiki wo mata > no naka

壊れゆく世界を見つめ 何を願うのか> Kobore yuku sekai wo mitsume nani wo negau no ka? > koware

あなたの声追いかけ 幾代を渡り行く> Anata no koe oikake fukuyou watari yuku > ikuyo wo

翆影の暗闇に 捕らわれても >Suie no fukai yami ni torawaretemo > kurayami

赤く濡れた茨に 縛られても > Akaku nuretai bakari shibararetemo > nureta ibara ni

End of the World

いつか水滴がいくつも落ちてた > Itsuka tsuite, ki ga ikutsumo ochiteta > suiteki

きみを襲うものすべて ぼくが > Kimi wo osou nara subete boku ga > mono

いつから ぼくらだけになったんだっけ > Itsukara bokura ga ki ni nattan dakke > dake

As for the translation I can't comment much because I am still learning. But as I wrote, the translation seems to match the kanji but not the romanization.
    e.g. > いつか水滴がいくつも落ちてた = One day, many droplets of water had fallen ≠ Itsuka tsuite, ki ga ikutsumo ochiteta

Also, while we're at it, the first opening title is Philosophyz, not Phylosophyz

AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    Rizuchan has a reputation beyond repute Rizuchan has a reputation beyond repute Rizuchan has a reputation beyond repute Rizuchan has a reputation beyond repute Rizuchan has a reputation beyond repute Rizuchan has a reputation beyond repute Rizuchan has a reputation beyond repute Rizuchan has a reputation beyond repute Rizuchan has a reputation beyond repute Rizuchan has a reputation beyond repute Rizuchan has a reputation beyond repute Rizuchan's Avatar
    Gil
    sunshine
    Gifts Clannad Botan Snowman Neko Tv
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2020 10:22 AM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: rizuchan01 PSN ID: rizuchan01 Steam ID: rizuchan

Default Re: Rewrite Anime OP/ED 2

Uh, implications that I stole the romaji are pretty harsh...

Actually, I originally took the kanji from Lyrical Nonsense, realized it was wrong when I did the translation and found a corrected copy, but apparently forgot to go back and fix the romaji since I usually do it first... I do apologize for the sloppiness though, that part is inexcusable and I'm usually better at checking than that.
    9 years later, I've finally stopped being sleepy...

bambooXZX will become famous soon enough bambooXZX's Avatar
    Gil
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-18-2023 04:37 PM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Quote Originally Posted by Rizuchan View Post
    Actually, I originally took the kanji from Lyrical Nonsense, realized it was wrong when I did the translation and found a corrected copy, but apparently forgot to go back and fix the romaji since I usually do it first... I do apologize for the sloppiness though, that part is inexcusable and I'm usually better at checking than that.
    Ironically enough, guess who's done just about the same thing to me...
    Last edited by bambooXZX; 11-12-2016 at 06:37 PM.

Junior Member keyfan is on a distinguished road keyfan's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-13-2016 09:20 PM
    Threads

No, I didn't imply that you stole the romaji. It's just, the words "hikizuru ano hou e" can't just appear out of nowhere and when I googled it, I found that the line came from lyrical-nonsense, so it just felt weird to me. Looking at it closely, your romaji and lyrical-nonsense one isn't 100% same. So sorry if I came out harsh to you

Anyway, I found it weird that you would copy the kanji from other translation site as a source (especially they put 耳コピー at the footnote). Shouldn't you use the booklet or something, that is for sure 100% correct?

@bambooXZX
    What happened? Did lyrical-nonsense "steal" your lyrics or something?

Rizuchan has a reputation beyond repute Rizuchan has a reputation beyond repute Rizuchan has a reputation beyond repute Rizuchan has a reputation beyond repute Rizuchan has a reputation beyond repute Rizuchan has a reputation beyond repute Rizuchan has a reputation beyond repute Rizuchan has a reputation beyond repute Rizuchan has a reputation beyond repute Rizuchan has a reputation beyond repute Rizuchan has a reputation beyond repute Rizuchan's Avatar
    Gil
    sunshine
    Gifts Clannad Botan Snowman Neko Tv
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2020 10:22 AM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: rizuchan01 PSN ID: rizuchan01 Steam ID: rizuchan

I normally do cross reference the booklet when I have it, but I don't in this case. While physical copies of the singles exist, I get the feeling that most people downloaded it from iTunes since they seemed to feature it on iTunes Japan. Normally I have a handful of Japanese lyric sites that I know are trustworthy but I had a really difficult time finding lyrics for these songs at all (Hence why I felt the need to grab them from Lyrical Nonsense, and, consequently, probably also why theirs were incorrect).

Edit: It seriously does say "耳コピー" at the bottom, doesn't it? This is why I need to stop trying to do romaji on my lunch break...
    Last edited by Rizuchan; 11-13-2016 at 09:38 PM.
    9 years later, I've finally stopped being sleepy...

AnimeLyrics Admin
    EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-25-2020 10:24 AM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: xenographer Steam ID: xen0glossy

Fixed, thank you!

By the way, while the default site scheme is yellow-on-blue, there are a bunch of different skins that people can use to view it--I myself use good old black-on-white. So if you're trying to make text revert to "normal" after you've changed the color, don't make it yellow, just make sure there are no font color tags around it at all. (I was really confused as to why some of your text was yellow--which is hard to read on a white background--until I viewed the thread logged-out and realized you were just trying to make it not-green.)

Closed Thread

Thread Information