AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Will they or won't they?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, they will let Elsa admit she's gay!

1 50.00%
  • Nope, back in the closet!

0 0%
  • I don't know

1 50.00%
  • i think there's already a lesbian princess and it's...

0 0%
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Frozen 2: Will they do it?

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-25-2024 08:51 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Frozen 2: Will they do it?

Okay by now most of you must have noticed that despite it being a Disney movie, despite it coming out this November, and despite her appearing in Ralph Breaks the Internet we have yet to see anything from Frozen 2. Even the trailer they have released has literally 2 minutes of her fighting a wave and 3 seconds of a mysterious new girl.

So of course what everyone wants to know is who this new girls is because there are two options.

Option 1: She's the long awaited girlfriend for Elsa. One of the directors has hinted at it, there have been petitions, fan art, the actors have publicly stated they would be okay with it... and frankly the guys from the first movie barely make it onto the merchandise. And Disney has had several gay characters lately ranging from episodes of Once Upon a Time, to the live action beauty an the Beast and various TV series.

Option 2: Others have suggested that Disney will, once again, punk out on this. That maybe the new girl is a long lost sister, the daughter of her dead parents or merely just another character. Because we weren't pissed enough about them being sisters in the last movie.

Are they keeping Frozen 2 largely under wraps because they're afraid of backlash from making Elsa Disney's first (openly) lesbian princess?

Or are they afraid of the backlash if they do not make her the first openly lesbian princess?

Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Default Re: Frozen 2: Will they do it?

650 views and nobody has anything to say?
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

Reservoir n00b Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke's Avatar
    Gil
    Sleepy
    Gifts Floppy Fox 149 - Dragonite
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-23-2019 10:51 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: xtycke

I looked at this awhile ago and meant to reply but totally forgot.

It's really hard to say and since I love Frozen I'm not really reading too much about this new film - I want to go in with no expectations. That said, I think there's equal chances that Disney will both make it happen and back out. Personally, I don't want Elsa's sexual preferences to be the focal point and I hope this is just a good story, but I know there are some people out there that will think I'm some kind of something-ist in saying that.

The reason I think it could easily go both ways is because I think Disney has been catering more to the SJW crowd recently (pretty much referring to Star Wars) but I think they still have a huge moderate/conservative fan-base that simply don't want an agenda shoved down their throats while trying to enjoy a movie. If they can loop Elsa being a lesbian in without it feeling forced it could appeal to both crowds but it's a very fine line to walk.

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Looks like she might get lost or something by the sea... maybe the new girl saves her and they become friends? And maybe more?

Forever Bound. DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Dodge Viper SRT10 Beer Movie Ticket
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-23-2023 10:57 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ChaosFluffy Steam ID: ChaosFluffy

Quote Originally Posted by Tycke View Post
    I looked at this awhile ago and meant to reply but totally forgot.

It's really hard to say and since I love Frozen I'm not really reading too much about this new film - I want to go in with no expectations. That said, I think there's equal chances that Disney will both make it happen and back out. Personally, I don't want Elsa's sexual preferences to be the focal point and I hope this is just a good story, but I know there are some people out there that will think I'm some kind of something-ist in saying that.

The reason I think it could easily go both ways is because I think Disney has been catering more to the SJW crowd recently (pretty much referring to Star Wars) but I think they still have a huge moderate/conservative fan-base that simply don't want an agenda shoved down their throats while trying to enjoy a movie. If they can loop Elsa being a lesbian in without it feeling forced it could appeal to both crowds but it's a very fine line to walk.
    I totally agree with this. They have to do it without making it feel forced. But that's going to be hard to pass off with the crowd of people wanting her to be a lesbian. Especially as much of the "fan" base that wants her to be a lesbian as already shipped her with her own sister -mega cringe-. I think the normal Disney fan base will win out of this, but if anything the creative team may put nuggets here and there for people to go nuts on. OR the fan base that wants her to be a lesbian may just do as they always have and grasped at straws to appease their own fantasies, just like in the last film.
    Good ol' Dogs never Die, they just keepin on livin' till their time comes.

I was born in AF Chat, molded by it, I didn't see AnimeForum until a few years after I decided to register my username.

6. Thanks Tycke thanked for this post
    Likes Tycke liked this post
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Nobody is suggesting they lay eyes on each other and immediately tongue kiss. That's what fan art is for. Though I can picture Anna nudging Elsa and saying "You can't marry a girl you just met!"

But think of how they do it in the other Disney movies... except Snow White. That guy was just a creep.

I just hope they don't do what they did in How to train Your Dragon 3 and give the girl fire powers just so she's Elsa's opposite. So freaking trite.

As for pushing it... here's a picture of her making eyes at Tiana.

Last edited by Clayton_n; 06-19-2019 at 06:22 PM.

8. Likes Tycke liked this post
+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information