AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What's your favourite anime and why

Senior Member Sulkin is a glorious beacon of light Sulkin is a glorious beacon of light Sulkin is a glorious beacon of light Sulkin is a glorious beacon of light Sulkin is a glorious beacon of light Sulkin is a glorious beacon of light Sulkin's Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Gifts 151 - Mew 035 - Clefairy Red Dango
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-20-2017 02:43 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: tmninjacasual

Default What's your favourite anime and why

My favourite anime would have to be Wolf's Rain. I love the style of the art and the plot behind the anime. Wolf's Rain takes place in a future where our natural resources have been used up. The whole anime follows four wolves, and the flower maiden Cheza. What about you?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	download.jpg‎
Views:	23
Size:	8.2 KB
ID:	85834  

<span style="font-weight:bold; font-style:italic; color:lemonchiffon; "></span> Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast's Avatar
    Gil
    Sassy
    Gifts Ramen Kawaiislice Four Leaf Clover
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-23-2016 06:39 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: cthulhulover69

Default Re: What's your favourite anime and why

Elfen Lied.

Reason: It took me on a crazy emotional journey, had the right balance of nudity and violence, and it had a fantastic story concept. Not to mention the theme is my favorite anime theme song ever. Yukio Kando used Ecclesiastical Latin passages from the Bible, which I found very tasteful.
    Song Of The Moment:
    "Dreams are made winding through my head"

Signature made by me.
    *click below*

Senior Member Sulkin is a glorious beacon of light Sulkin is a glorious beacon of light Sulkin is a glorious beacon of light Sulkin is a glorious beacon of light Sulkin is a glorious beacon of light Sulkin is a glorious beacon of light Sulkin's Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Holocast View Post
    Elfen Lied.

Reason: It took me on a crazy emotional journey, had the right balance of nudity and violence, and it had a fantastic story concept. Not to mention the theme is my favorite anime theme song ever. Yukio Kando used Ecclesiastical Latin passages from the Bible, which I found very tasteful.
    I wanted to get into it, but then I heard about a dog getting killed and I just couldn't keep watching it. I didn't mind the nudity or gore, I just didn't like the fact that a lil puppy died things like that upset me a lot xD

4. Likes Mharvey454 liked this post
    Awaken Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1's Avatar
    Gil
    Fine
    Gifts Mario 1-Up Mushroom Aria Neko Mario Piranha Plant
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-16-2022 04:19 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Moving this to general anime
    The Brighter the Light the Darker the Shadow

<span style="font-weight:bold; font-style:italic; color:lemonchiffon; "></span> Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast's Avatar
    Gil
    Sassy
    Gifts Ramen Kawaiislice Four Leaf Clover
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-23-2016 06:39 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: cthulhulover69

Quote Originally Posted by Sulkin View Post
    I wanted to get into it, but then I heard about a dog getting killed and I just couldn't keep watching it. I didn't mind the nudity or gore, I just didn't like the fact that a lil puppy died things like that upset me a lot xD
    Yeah that was one of the sadder things that made me tear up during it, but don't worry, Lucy gets the best revenge ^^
    Song Of The Moment:
    "Dreams are made winding through my head"

Signature made by me.
    *click below*

Gil
    Bored
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Holocast View Post
    Yeah that was one of the sadder things that made me tear up during it, but don't worry, Lucy gets the best revenge ^^
    I see! My friend tried to convince me to watch it a few months ago and I still refused xD I just can't watch it, I don't like animals getting hurt- or killed.

Senior Member someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast's Avatar
    Gil
    Nerdy
    Gifts Red Dango Kill Bill Katana Shuriken
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-26-2016 08:12 AM
    Threads

This is tough. And honestly it usually has to do with the feelings I get when I watch something. Currently my top Anime is:

Reason: It had everything I was looking for in an anime. Feelings, animation quality, story line, a progressive plot, bad guy. Everything was perfect.

Now even though it is a new series it is already starting to warm my heart as being one of the best things I have watched. Everything is raw and emotional with the series, and the characters really come to life.

This is really starting to eat away at my feelings and I am only 6 episodes into the series, but it is taking the top on Animation Quality, Story, CHaracter progression, and the FEELS!!!!

Junior Member Tatara is on a distinguished road Tatara's Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-02-2016 03:10 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Outcast618

Tokyo Ghoul currently, first season more so than the second. The psychological breakdown of Kaneki is pretty intense. I think the first season had a mix of everything an anime needs and the final episode caps it off well, we'll see how season 3 goes. The manga is even better imo. My favorite is always changing :/

Senior Member someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast's Avatar
    Gil
    Nerdy
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Tatara View Post
    Tokyo Ghoul currently, first season more so than the second. The psychological breakdown of Kaneki is pretty intense. I think the first season had a mix of everything an anime needs and the final episode caps it off well, we'll see how season 3 goes. The manga is even better imo. My favorite is always changing :/
    Actually your logic is flawed in the fact that Season 1 ventured onto its own path from the main storyline this is way Ishida Sui came in and progressed the story back to where it should of been and following the manga.

Gil
    Bored
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by 1nterest1ng View Post
    Actually your logic is flawed in the fact that Season 1 ventured onto its own path from the main storyline this is way Ishida Sui came in and progressed the story back to where it should of been and following the manga.
    I think you misunderstood my post, I was never comparing the manga vs the anime in any way. I said the manga is better in my opinion. Nothing about where or how the story progressed in comparison to the manga.

Gil
    Nerdy
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Tatara View Post
    I think you misunderstood my post, I was never comparing the manga vs the anime in any way. I said the manga is better in my opinion. Nothing about where or how the story progressed in comparison to the manga.
    That is my bad. I neglected to continue reading your post after you praised Season 1 of the anime. >_<

Gil
    Bored
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by 1nterest1ng View Post
    That is my bad. I neglected to continue reading your post after you praised Season 1 of the anime. >_<
    No problem

Junior Member SubZer0 is on a distinguished road SubZer0's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2016 04:03 PM
    Threads

My favorite anime would be Code Geass. It's really interesting and I really like the intelligence of the MC -- charmed me really good

Senior Member Lightfighter has a reputation beyond repute Lightfighter has a reputation beyond repute Lightfighter has a reputation beyond repute Lightfighter has a reputation beyond repute Lightfighter has a reputation beyond repute Lightfighter has a reputation beyond repute Lightfighter has a reputation beyond repute Lightfighter has a reputation beyond repute Lightfighter has a reputation beyond repute Lightfighter has a reputation beyond repute Lightfighter has a reputation beyond repute Lightfighter's Avatar
    Gil
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-16-2022 08:51 PM
    Threads

There are so many fantastic choices, but I'll have to go with Trigun as my all time favorite. It's just such a damn good anime. The characters, writing, plot lines, character archs, music, etc. Plus the writers put in so much incredible wisdom. And, spoiler alert, they were brave enough to kill off arguably the most likable character (Nick Wolfwood).

I often think about quotes from Trigun. They're thought provoking.

Episode "Rem Saverem" is a masterpiece.

Member Skywalker1982 is on a distinguished road Skywalker1982's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-01-2017 05:12 AM
    Threads

Cowboy Bebop as i was a teen in the late 90s and dug it.

Akira is my fave anime movie for 21 years since i was 13 after hearing things about it on the net, movie books, movie review books and movie magazines. It became one of my fave movies.
    Last edited by Skywalker1982; 02-22-2016 at 07:09 PM.

Junior Member Yenny is on a distinguished road Yenny's Avatar
    Gil
    Sleepy
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-22-2016 04:47 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: KingYenny

I've been massively into the monogatari anime series, to the point where I picked up some of the light novels to read. The only season I didn't completely adore was nisemonogatari, but I like to look over nise. As an ongoing show I would say monogatari is my favourite.

As a stand-alone series I guess Welcome to the NHK was most likely my favourite, it resonated really well with me and despite somewhat shoddy animation (which added to the depressing nature to the show in my opinion) was beautiful in its own respects, I rate it very highly and recommend it to anyone who wants a good feelsy anime to sob through.

Junior Member Sasuke inazuma 11 is on a distinguished road Sasuke inazuma 11's Avatar
    Gil
    In Love
    Gifts Bob Pepsi
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-26-2016 09:12 AM
    Threads

Smile Re: What's your favourite anime and why

Hmm... Hmm... A LOT to chose from, but maybe I'll just stick with 2.
    Inazuma 11(obviously) and Attack on Titan.
    The reason I love IE and it's new generation is the cool but slightly gay bond between the guys and the cool hissatsu's and amazing football. The first episode made me wanna watch more. It was AMAZING!!! I would love it more if it had a third generation. (Which the gang is working on)

The reason I love Attack on Titan is a personal reason, except the bit with lots of fighting.
    Last edited by Sasuke inazuma 11; 02-23-2016 at 09:37 AM.
    It's better to fall in love with someone you used to hate than not fall in love at all.-Kyouya Haobara- (lol)

Member Meruem is on a distinguished road Meruem's Avatar
    Gil
    Relaxed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-15-2017 12:47 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Sasuke inazuma 11 View Post
    Hmm... Hmm... A LOT to chose from, but maybe I'll just stick with 2.
    Inazuma 11(obviously) and Attack on Titan.
    The reason I love IE and it's new generation is the cool but slightly gay bond between the guys and the cool hissatsu's and amazing football. The first episode made me wanna watch more. It was AMAZING!!! I would love it more if it had a third generation. (Which the gang is working on)

The reason I love Attack on Titan is a personal reason, except the bit with lots of fighting.
    Inazuma Eleven <3

Mine would be Hunter x Hunter due to its great OST and characters.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information