AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What is your favorite thing about anime?

Member Catokun is on a distinguished road Catokun's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-21-2014 10:06 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: The-Leg3nd-Of-C

Default What is your favorite thing about anime?

What is the thing that you love most about anime compared to any other shows with real people? For me, it would probably be the animation. The way the characters look and the way things can be created in anime that would not succeed in any other western shows with real actors, such as an awesome fight scene.

Killua is usually a kind-hearted and playful boy,
    but once provoked he becomes extremely violent and bloodthirsty.

2. Likes AnimeLover7 liked this post
    Junior Member doiz is on a distinguished road doiz's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-06-2013 03:58 PM
    Threads

Default Re: What is your favorite thing about anime?

With the current technology of the entertainment industry, there are actually a lot of things that they can do now that looks completely real, compared to just a few years ago. The over-the-top fight scenes that used to only be possible in animation can now be replicated with real actors and the proper technology.

However, I think it's exactly this realism that compels me to stay with anime. I've seen shows and movies that look so real that you question yourself as to how it can't be. I prefer to keep my reality and fiction separate, and anime achieves that for me.

Senior Member Ceris has a reputation beyond repute Ceris has a reputation beyond repute Ceris has a reputation beyond repute Ceris has a reputation beyond repute Ceris has a reputation beyond repute Ceris has a reputation beyond repute Ceris has a reputation beyond repute Ceris has a reputation beyond repute Ceris has a reputation beyond repute Ceris has a reputation beyond repute Ceris has a reputation beyond repute Ceris's Avatar
    Gil
    Bookworm
    Gifts 025 - Pikachu Cheese
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-19-2014 08:33 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Tragic Melody

The hair colors.

On a serious note: Never thought about it, I just kinda watched anime after being introduced to it due to the great stories being told. The thing is, that can be achieved by any source of media... So I'd have to go with the facial expressions used.

A couple other things. IMO anime characters are generally pleasant to look at, and as mentioned, seeing real life actors in newer films that make sci-fi/fantasy look realistic just seems weird... I'd rather stick to animation as opposed to real life actors.
    Last edited by Ceris; 09-06-2013 at 04:31 PM.

5. Likes AnimeLover7 liked this post
    Member Catokun is on a distinguished road Catokun's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-21-2014 10:06 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: The-Leg3nd-Of-C

Quote Originally Posted by Ceris View Post
    A couple other things. IMO anime characters are generally pleasant to look at, and as mentioned, seeing real life actors in newer films that make sci-fi/fantasy look realistic just seems weird... I'd rather stick to animation as opposed to real life actors.
    Yeah, good point. I've read some books that have been made into movies that would have been way more awesome in anime.

Killua is usually a kind-hearted and playful boy,
    but once provoked he becomes extremely violent and bloodthirsty.

Member Rusty Blade is on a distinguished road Rusty Blade's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-26-2013 04:36 AM
    Threads

Anime is just by far more aesthetically pleasing than other media. American cartoons have a sort of stiff look about them that I don't like and live action depends on quality acting that isn't always there. The fluidity of Japanese animation is at least for me, much smoother and beautiful. Delving further into that, anime characters. Real people do not look anything like them, their clothes are much more plain and bound by the laws of physics whereas an anime character can wear outfits that by the very laws of nature should fall off with the slightest movement. The outlandish hairstyles with all the colours of the rainbow and the most wonderful little impossibility of the ahoge. Real humans can't express emotions with a stray lock of hair now can they? And Goku's hair is physically impossible unless you use about ten cans of hairspray and even then it's more akin to plastic than hair at that point. Then there is the faces. Even the best human actors are limited in their range of expressions whereas animators have the liberty of doing whatever the hell they want with them and none are more expressive than anime faces. The eyes alone are the trademark of anime in my view and I'm sure every single one of us first got interested in anime after staring at those big glistening eyes so unlike anything we had ever seen before. Of course a lot of western animators draw inspiration from it now but the anime eyes is still in a league of it's own.

But beauty is not skin deep and true enough the wonders of anime go further than eye candy. The stories told are on a different scale. With anime you can get away with plot lines too vague and uneventful for even an episode of Friends or Seinfeld or too complicated for a French art film. Actions scenes that defy belief such as the galaxy throwing madness towards the end of Gurren Laggan or the planet exploding attacks of DBZ and the brilliant, vibrant fireballs that sparkle like fireworks across the screen in every Shonen anime ever made. Romances that would be utterly laughable in western series such as anthropomorphic crushes and extraterrestrials with the mentality of confused puberty-stricken schoolgirls are perfectly legitimate in anime. So much so that we don't even bat an eyelid when we see cat ears and a tail on the protagonist's target of affection. Anime has a delightful awkwardness and oddity about it that cannot compare to other media. Live action is too serious and most western cartoons too childish to even bother delving into the untold territory of anime storytelling.

And the fandom. Yes there are annoying fans out there, but that stays true for everything. But for the most part, the sheer adoration that we fellow fans share and our dedication to something so foreign and out of reach is certainly inspiring. Anime is still a considerably obscure territory for us in the west but our passion and unresigned allegiance to something that barely anyone else can understand instills me with a strange kind of pride. Even if we are scattered about all over the place you feel a connection once you spot someone in the street sporting an anime shirt or bump into some stranger perusing the anime section at a store and start a conversation out of thin air that can stretch on for ages. We're a close knit community separated only by physical distance but united by our shared love for anime.

Well I'm starting to ramble but I suppose I just love anime that much , as I'm sure you all do too.

8. Likes XdreamzX liked this post
    Junior Member A.Safwan is on a distinguished road A.Safwan's Avatar
    Gil
    Happy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-15-2013 11:44 AM
    Threads

When my parents see me watching an anime , they always asked me "Why his/her eyes so big?"
    For me , this is a trademark for an anime.

Believe it or not, I can improve my English language by watching the anime..
    Since I don't know Japanese language, I used to read english subtitle, and I found so many new vocabulary.
    Furthermore , I also can improve my speaking skill...

10. Likes AnimeLover7 liked this post
    Junior Member Kogari is on a distinguished road Kogari's Avatar
    Gil
    Devilish
    Gifts 8 Ball Piano
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-10-2014 08:27 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: xXSheatknightXx

Animation and Storyline. For me those are the most important things about an anime

Senior Member 星らぶ has a reputation beyond repute 星らぶ has a reputation beyond repute 星らぶ has a reputation beyond repute 星らぶ has a reputation beyond repute 星らぶ has a reputation beyond repute 星らぶ has a reputation beyond repute 星らぶ has a reputation beyond repute 星らぶ has a reputation beyond repute 星らぶ has a reputation beyond repute 星らぶ has a reputation beyond repute 星らぶ has a reputation beyond repute 星らぶ's Avatar
    Gil
    Dead
    Gifts Bigro MA 05 Ice Cream
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-18-2015 01:23 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Story lines, aesthetics of the art, the different cultural aspect, Japanese language which is LOVE <3
    for years now I avoid western media like the plague lol, but I do enjoy live action and especially theatre <3

WOW!!!! Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa's Avatar
    Gil
    sunshine
    Gifts AK47 American Flag Ribbon Systems N64
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2023 04:18 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: WootenClen

I like that it's a good medium for escapism.

Member AnimeLover7 is on a distinguished road AnimeLover7's Avatar
    Gil
    Happy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-01-2016 09:39 AM
    Threads

Anime character's faces...I mean when they are angry or feel embarassed (and so on), I just love their faces.
    Other favorite thing, well, the clothes and the way they look;-)

Member Ohyeah has a reputation beyond repute Ohyeah has a reputation beyond repute Ohyeah has a reputation beyond repute Ohyeah has a reputation beyond repute Ohyeah has a reputation beyond repute Ohyeah has a reputation beyond repute Ohyeah has a reputation beyond repute Ohyeah has a reputation beyond repute Ohyeah has a reputation beyond repute Ohyeah has a reputation beyond repute Ohyeah has a reputation beyond repute Ohyeah's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-18-2014 11:11 AM
    Threads

That anime can be fun without drama, take Studio Ghibli for example, and i concur on animation, but also the drawing details.
    Just love the sheer goshing fun out of it

Senior Member Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Gifts 007 - Squirtle 258 - Mudkip Gabumon
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-26-2024 12:40 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Anime is boss. No other way of cartooning can match up to it, in my opinion. *leaves*
    My Wi-Fi, it's gone out . . .

17. Likes AnimeLover7 liked this post
    Too kawaii to live, too sugoi to die Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    569 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-30-2016 01:28 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Art, the girls, hilarious moments, and action.

Cannibal Countess ChibiLovett has a reputation beyond repute ChibiLovett has a reputation beyond repute ChibiLovett has a reputation beyond repute ChibiLovett has a reputation beyond repute ChibiLovett has a reputation beyond repute ChibiLovett has a reputation beyond repute ChibiLovett has a reputation beyond repute ChibiLovett has a reputation beyond repute ChibiLovett has a reputation beyond repute ChibiLovett has a reputation beyond repute ChibiLovett has a reputation beyond repute ChibiLovett's Avatar
    Gil
    In Love
    Gifts Purple Ribbon Heart Pocky
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-02-2016 06:26 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ChibiLovett Steam ID: ChibiLovett

How varied it can be. It literally covers pretty much the entire spectrum if you find the right series or movie.

And chibis. I love the cute little chibichibis. x3
    She has no shadows, and she radiates beauty.

Slender body, and two eyes like ebony.

Her spirit's golden, and her mind's a mystery.

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-25-2024 08:51 PM
    Threads

Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

21. Likes AnimeLover7 liked this post
    Senior Member ~OTAKYU~ is on a distinguished road ~OTAKYU~'s Avatar
    Gil
    Cool
    Gifts Pen IPhone Tsubasa Mokona
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-20-2014 03:57 AM
    Threads

Because its made in the holy anime place JAPAN!

Member Feravel has a reputation beyond repute Feravel has a reputation beyond repute Feravel has a reputation beyond repute Feravel has a reputation beyond repute Feravel has a reputation beyond repute Feravel has a reputation beyond repute Feravel has a reputation beyond repute Feravel has a reputation beyond repute Feravel has a reputation beyond repute Feravel has a reputation beyond repute Feravel has a reputation beyond repute Feravel's Avatar
    Gil
    Cloud_9
    Gifts Portal Companion Cube Coffee Red
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-23-2016 11:46 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Feravel

I really like anime because sometimes there's no logic.
    And I like the facial expressions.

Member Excel Zero will become famous soon enough Excel Zero's Avatar
    Gil
    Inpain
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-21-2014 11:46 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DerpyHoovesDA

I love the style and the escapee from reality that you get. Anyone else get that empty feeling when the anime ended?

ugh
    I'll be changing my name to something around this when I can

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information