AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Musical Anime

Senior Member Tsundere Magus will become famous soon enough Tsundere Magus's Avatar
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-22-2021 07:17 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Re: Musical Anime

Tari Tari. It does focus on choir. When I first watched it I got quite surprised. Can't say it is objective top tier but at least I did enjoy it a lot, and it is between my favourite musical anime. It is short, cute and beautiful. Tsundere recommends.

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Screwdriver Chameleon Rageface
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-22-2024 09:27 AM
    Threads

^ Is Tari Tari a movie or a series? What is it about? I can't tell because I do not speak Japanese.

Jackie Coogan, Charlie Chaplin, and Charles Reisner as the Bully.

Reisner was a former pro boxer who turned actor, writer, and director. He previously worked for Chaplin behind the camera on The Gold Rush. Reisner would later become known as a comedy director working with The Marx Brothers, Jack Benny, and Abbot and Costello, among others.

Senior Member Tsundere Magus will become famous soon enough Tsundere Magus's Avatar
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-22-2021 07:17 AM
    Threads

As I mentioned above, Tari Tari is an anime (13 episodes and an OVA here, good sir) about a choir / singing club. Relaxing and very slice of life-like. Expect a bit of singing and falsetto in here. And... I can't really take it much further without ruining part of the plot!

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-19-2024 05:34 PM
    Threads

So nobody is going to answer me on the Jem and the Holograms thing?

Little Nemo had some okay songs in it.
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I have a new addition to the list of musical anime. Belle! As of this writing, it is currently in US theaters. Check my write-up in the review section.

This is the English trailer. I saw the Japanese dub. From what I can tell from the trailer, and from other clips, the voices in the original Japanese are better.

Reisner was a former pro boxer who turned actor, writer, and director. He previously worked for Chaplin behind the camera on The Gold Rush. Reisner would later become known as a comedy director working with The Marx Brothers, Jack Benny, and Abbot and Costello, among others.

Junior Member oofingberg is on a distinguished road oofingberg's Avatar
    Gil
    Depressed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-05-2022 03:34 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: oofberg

Quote Originally Posted by PictureGuy View Post
    What are some of your favorite musical anime series or movies? By that I mean, anime in which music is an essential part of the story. So this would actually exclude some good ones, such as Perfect Blue (about an ex-member of a girl group trying to change her image and become an actress; the movie focuses for a brief moment on the music, and then on the main character losing her mind), and Angel Beats (where music is an important part of the story of a supporting character, but secondary to the main plot).

Here is my list of favorites, in no particular order. Actually, these are all I can think of as I have not seen that many. But the ones I have seen, I like.

Carole and Tuesday. Two 17-year-olds of dissimilar backgrounds get together to make music. Going against all trends, they go pro. Season one is a feel good anime, while season two gets more dramatic.

Beck: Mongolian Chop Squad. Koyuki is a schoolboy with no direction in life, until he meets Ray, a Japanese-American, who gets Koyuki involved with his band. Through early struggles, Koyuki comes of age facing everything from bullying to first love.

Forrest of Piano. Talk of coming from the wrong side of the tracks, Kai is not only poor, but the son of a prostitute. He is also a musical prodigy, who grows to young manhood and the competitive stages of Europe.

Your Lie in April. This one is a real heartbreaker. Kousei is a former piano prodigy who now can't even hear his own music. He is brought back to the stage by a young violinist named Kaori. There is no happily-ever-after ending however.

Lost Song. Music can be used to heal or destroy. It is up to a poor peasant girl with the power of song to keep the later from happening.

Nana. Running for several seasons, yet never wearing itself out, this is the story of two girls who meet on a train and become friends. Both are named Nana. One wants to be a musician, which drives most of the story.

Your turn.

---------- Post added at 10:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:13 PM ----------

One thing so many of these series have is some nicely detailed animation of the musical performances. This from Forrest of Piano:

well I'm not that big of a music anime guy but I watched K-on and it was pretty nice.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

How could I forget K-On?!?!?!?!?

For a shojo anime, it was pretty entertaining.

I do sort of wish for another season showing the girls at college, exposed to new influences, getting back to their music, dropping out to explore possible professional careers together. . . . I smell fanfic!

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I just saw an amazing anime all about a singer. it's a cross between Jem, Ready Player One, and Beauty and the Beast. They got the original songwriter to go through and redo them in English for the dub, rather than just leaving in the Japanese versions of the songs
    Shockingly I've watched it 5 times since I got it Saturday and one scene always wrings a single tear from my black little heart

Last edited by Clayton_n; 08-03-2022 at 04:16 PM.
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I mentioned Belle above, and I did a write-up on it in the review section. I saw the original Japanese dub in the theater. It was a great film.

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

ReALLY WAS. wHEN SHE REVEALED HERSELF A SINGLE TEAR ROLLED DOWN MY CHEEK

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_n View Post
    ReALLY WAS. wHEN SHE REVEALED HERSELF A SINGLE TEAR ROLLED DOWN MY CHEEK
    Well, I may have not cried, but it was a great emotional moment. There were a few emotional moments in Belle, as I recall.

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Meh. They killed fewer parents than most Disney movies and they wussed out on showing the guy beating his kid

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

This looks rather musical

ClassicalLoid

Locodol too

Last edited by Clayton_n; 08-26-2022 at 02:16 PM.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

^ Have you actually seen these? If so, tell us more.

My guess is that Locodol is a shojo anime. Duh! Right?

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Locodol I have. These two girls get roped into being local idols to draw in tourists to their little home town.

Last edited by Clayton_n; 09-02-2022 at 02:21 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information