AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Just another new guy..

Member Schmizz is on a distinguished road Schmizz's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-18-2014 03:16 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Just another new guy..

So I'm not new to forums(a bit of an automotive forum junkie) but anime is kinda new to me so I guess I'm just another new guy here! well I'm 21 from NY, and I'm a mechanic for the time being. I never really got into Japanese animation until about 2 years ago, but I vaguely remember some show in my childhood with a bullet proof car that changed colour. That and DBZ, an another show with battle suits, I watched these around the mid-late 90's. don't really remember names though, but my father used to really be into the shows. I apologize for not knowing the names, my memory's pretty shot. So anyways, in more recent times, I picked back up on anime, mostly because I couldn't stand to watch any of the bs we have on tv here. So the first series I watched Was HSOTD(I'm gonna use abbreviations since you all probably knows more shows than me anyways :P). I guess I'm kinda drawn to the more violent shows... I actually really enjoyed the show though, it was dubbed so I could actually pay attention to the animation, instead of focusing on the bottom of the screen... The next show was Rosario + Vampire, then Princess Resurrection, Chobits, Now I've never actually gotten emotional reactions from a show before, but Angel Beats was entirely too depressing and sad, I was only able to watch the season once. Then Fruits Basket, OHSHC, Rin, Samurai Champloo (which I really liked), Desert Punk, Trigun, Elfen Leid, then my all time favourite show, Black Lagoon. But anyways, I guess I'm here because now I'm lost and I feel like I've run out of shows to watch that I would be interested. I've been using netflix, hulu, and a download forum I'm a member of... Any suggestions?
    (Also is it just me or do they throw some German words/phrases in the shows and sometimes even in the title?)
    Thanks,
    Drew.
    Last edited by Schmizz; 07-12-2013 at 07:55 PM.

Senior Member Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-04-2022 08:14 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Just another new guy..

Quote Originally Posted by Schmizz View Post
    So I'm not new to forums(a bit of an automotive forum junkie) but anime is kinda new to me so I guess I'm just another new guy here! well I'm 21 from NY, and I'm a mechanic for the time being. I never really got into Japanese animation until about 2 years ago, but I vaguely remember some show in my childhood with a bullet proof car that changed colour. That and DBZ, an another show with battle suits, I watched these around the mid-late 90's. don't really remember names though, but my father used to really be into the shows. I apologize for not knowing the names, my memory's pretty shot. So anyways, in more recent times, I picked back up on anime, mostly because I couldn't stand to watch any of the bs we have on tv here. So the first series I watched Was HSOTD(I'm gonna use abbreviations since you all probably knows more shows than me anyways :P). I guess I'm kinda drawn to the more violent shows... I actually really enjoyed the show though, it was dubbed so I could actually pay attention to the animation, instead of focusing on the bottom of the screen... The next show was Rosario + Vampire, then Princess Resurrection, Chobits, Now I've never actually gotten emotional reactions from a show before, but Angel Beats was entirely too depressing and sad, I was only able to watch the season once. Then Fruits Basket, OHSHC, Rin, Samurai Champloo (which I really liked), Desert Punk, Trigun, Elfen Leid, then my all time favourite show, Black Lagoon. But anyways, I guess I'm here because now I'm lost and I feel like I've run out of shows to watch that I would be interested. I've been using netflix, hulu, and a download forum I'm a member of... Any suggestions?
    (Also is it just me or do they throw some German words/phrases in the shows and sometimes even in the title?)
    Thanks,
    Drew.
    Welcome to AF Schimizz and welcome to the experience of watching anime! How you doing? You've watched some ecchi I noticed, but still good titles. Post often and try Gurren Lagaan, Girls Und Panzer or even Watamote! Enjoy!
    Nonon Jakuzure - Best Kill la Kill bae
    Ota "The Cutest Otaku" 2016 - Lol, how's your account doing lately? Oh wait.
    Pretty damn great! #spoke2soon

3. Thanks Schmizz thanked for this post
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Yoko Littner View Post
    Welcome to AF Schimizz and welcome to the experience of watching anime! How you doing? You've watched some ecchi I noticed, but still good titles. Post often and try Gurren Lagaan, Girls Und Panzer or even Watamote! Enjoy!
    Not really up on the terminology, so I'll have to google ecchi.. But thank you! Part of my reason for joining is is that none of my friends/family are into anime, so I was more of looking for some people to relate to.. (Tried to get the ex into it, but she said it was childish, therefore making me childish -_-) don't get me wrong, I am, but man if theres something wrong with kicking back at the end of the day with a brew and some good animation, well, then I don't want to be right...

Moderator ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-17-2017 07:39 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: the_wolfie

Hey there and welcome to AF
    Wolfie Dango ~*Red*~

Twin sister: Angella_Kagamine

6. Thanks Schmizz thanked for this post
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I have a feeling my last reply is pending approval due to one word in it.. Oh well :P

Oh and just started watching girls und Panzer, seems alright, although how they got pre-gulf war tanks from several nations on a giant air craft carrier-type island thing is beyond me.. I'll keep watching it for now.
    Last edited by Schmizz; 07-12-2013 at 09:19 PM.

how 2 u sociul plz? Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin's Avatar
    Gil
    Brooding
    Gifts Ice Cream Ice Cream Fuuko Starfish
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-22-2017 11:19 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Welcome. ^_^

I'm the moderator of this particular part of the forum, in case you weren't sure ... and basically that means that if you have any questions or problems then you can just send me a message and I can try and help you.

Also I have to say that you have to read the rules.
    : The Game. You just lost it. :

My signature was so old it broke. RIP signature.

Senior Member KateS has a reputation beyond repute KateS has a reputation beyond repute KateS has a reputation beyond repute KateS has a reputation beyond repute KateS has a reputation beyond repute KateS has a reputation beyond repute KateS has a reputation beyond repute KateS has a reputation beyond repute KateS has a reputation beyond repute KateS has a reputation beyond repute KateS has a reputation beyond repute KateS's Avatar
    Gil
    Yeehaw
    Gifts Zebra Kawaii Sundae Strawberry
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-08-2013 08:31 PM
    Threads

Hellooo, and welcome! Don't worry, you'll find a lot of people are open to suggesting you new anime to watch ;D in fact, they'll probably suggest so much you won't know where to start.

I hope you enjoy your time here and stick around!
    Fed and satisfied.

10. Thanks Schmizz thanked for this post
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by KateS View Post
    Hellooo, and welcome! Don't worry, you'll find a lot of people are open to suggesting you new anime to watch ;D in fact, they'll probably suggest so much you won't know where to start.

I hope you enjoy your time here and stick around!
    Thanks! I'll definately be sticking around, already almost finished one series I was recommended to watch.. So far so good

12. Likes KateS liked this post
    Senior Member Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I have a feeling my last reply is pending approval due to one word in it.. Oh well :P

Oh and just started watching girls und Panzer, seems alright, although how they got pre-gulf war tanks from several nations on a giant air craft carrier-type island thing is beyond me.. I'll keep watching it for now.
    Great choice. I feel like you will like it, even if you do not get it! I know I did not get it.

Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Great choice. I feel like you will like it, even if you do not get it! I know I did not get it.
    I mean its highly unrealistic lol. But besides that theres a bunch of (somewhat) historical referances, and they definately took the time to do a bit of research on it, only problem was the animations while driving the tank(from a drivers seat perpective) reminded me of battlefield 1942 on my old pc... Also any ideas of what the two shows from my childhood were? Pretty sure one of them was gundam, no clue what the other was...

Gil
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I mean its highly unrealistic lol. But besides that theres a bunch of (somewhat) historical referances, and they definately took the time to do a bit of research on it, only problem was the animations while driving the tank(from a drivers seat perpective) reminded me of battlefield 1942 on my old pc... Also any ideas of what the two shows from my childhood were? Pretty sure one of them was gundam, no clue what the other was...
    Anime can sometimes be unrealistic, but well no problem! I mean, look at most animes lol! Um.. let me take a look for you.

Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Anime can sometimes be unrealistic, but well no problem! I mean, look at most animes lol! Um.. let me take a look for you.
    I mean we all watch animation/tv ect to escape reality anyways haha

Started watching Gurren Lagaan, can't help but wonder, is that where you got you un from?
    Last edited by Ranshiin; 07-14-2013 at 06:00 AM.

Gil
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I mean we all watch animation/tv ect to escape reality anyways haha

Started watching Gurren Lagaan, can't help but wonder, is that where you got you un from?

Yup. The red haired chick's name is Yoko Littner.

Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Yup. The red haired chick's name is Yoko Littner.
    :0 halfway through the series, such a downer, I kinda liked that charactor, I like that viral keeps coming back though!

Senior Member RainyDayMan has a reputation beyond repute RainyDayMan has a reputation beyond repute RainyDayMan has a reputation beyond repute RainyDayMan has a reputation beyond repute RainyDayMan has a reputation beyond repute RainyDayMan has a reputation beyond repute RainyDayMan has a reputation beyond repute RainyDayMan has a reputation beyond repute RainyDayMan has a reputation beyond repute RainyDayMan has a reputation beyond repute RainyDayMan has a reputation beyond repute RainyDayMan's Avatar
    Gil
    Devilish
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-17-2014 11:12 PM
    Charleston, South Carolina, Confederate States of America
    Threads

Thanks,
    Drew.
    They did that in the "Hellsing" O.V.A. ... Fraulein was used several times by Sir Integra's Uncle.

"Let us enjoy the Rain together. My Umbrella is always open for you. Knowing me is knowing never having to say goodbye. It never stops raining, does it?"

Senior Member Ellxeeva has a reputation beyond repute Ellxeeva has a reputation beyond repute Ellxeeva has a reputation beyond repute Ellxeeva has a reputation beyond repute Ellxeeva has a reputation beyond repute Ellxeeva has a reputation beyond repute Ellxeeva has a reputation beyond repute Ellxeeva has a reputation beyond repute Ellxeeva has a reputation beyond repute Ellxeeva has a reputation beyond repute Ellxeeva has a reputation beyond repute Ellxeeva's Avatar
    Gil
    Flirty
    Gifts Luna Cheshire Cat Bonsai Tree
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-02-2015 03:49 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: ellxeeva

Yo, dude welcome to AF.

Live Fast. Die Young. Be Wild. Have fun.
    -LDR

21. Thanks Schmizz thanked for this post
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Things I've learned over the past 2 days, I shouldn't have watched School Days, or Another 0.0 really freaked my head up a bit...
    Edit: "Another" is actually pretty good...
    Last edited by Schmizz; 07-20-2013 at 08:58 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information