AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: NaAniTraMo '14 Participation Thread

紺碧の闇
    AnimeLyrics Admin
    AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark's Avatar
    Gil
    Busy
    Gifts Little Big Planet Sackboy Neko Tv Prinny
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-05-2019 07:48 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: azutsukimiya

Default NaAniTraMo '14 Participation Thread

We will be having yet another translating marathon all through November 2014!

Yes folks, National Anison Translation Month or #NaAniTraMo is back! Due to the popularity(?) of last year's contest, it's back for a second year as promised! The format is the same; declare half your list and freestyle the rest! If you're still confused about the format, let's refer to last year's guidelines:

If you are a Lv.2 Contributor to AnimeLyrics and wish to officially enter the translating fest, please reply to this thread along with your song list (explained later).

To recap, here are the AL Challenge guidelines that were in the previous challenges but also applies here:

- The event starts when the clock strikes 12 midnight (00:00) on November 1 in your timezone. This means that different people will have different start and end times. Hence, your end time is before the strike of midnight on November 30th.
    - Incomplete or double submissions do not count.
    - Please do not simply put up lyrics that you have done beforehand (i.e. not on the day itself), that is against the spirit of this challenge.
    - If the transliteration is still not up then you are allowed to put the translit before the event starts.
    - Translations from the event are immune from Lyrics Correction for a month.

Here are the rules for NaAniTraMo:

- You will declare a specific target number of submissions (could be changed anytime before Nov 1) that is based on your translating capabilities. Reaching this target before Dec 1 is the objective.
    - The lowest target number for this challenge is 24 (10 for beginners that have been active for less than 2 years or have less than 20 translations). There is no upper limit, but we advise you to not overestimate yourself. *cough cough*
    - In addition, you are to provide a song list which items add up to roughly half your target number that you have set. This is your Compulsory Songs (CS) set and completing this would serve as some sort of mid-term goal.
    - The rest of them is your Freechoice Songs (FS) set. This is a list of songs that you have not declared in your Compulsory list, and provided that the song is not in another person's CS list, it will count into your total when you submit the translation.

[ Confusing? e.g. for a target number 24, you may declare a CS of 15. Any song not in the 15 that you submit during November is counted as in your FS list, so submitting 9 FS lyrics in addition to completing your CS will complete the challenge, as CS + FS = TN.]

- The target number and compulsory songs list can be adjusted until November 1.

- If a song in your CS had been translated by a non-participant during the event, you will be notified through PM to attempt it within 3 days.

• If your t/l is judged to be superior, it will be put up on the site, which will count in your CS list.
    • If your t/l is inferior, it will not be put up on the site, but will not be struck off your CS list.
    • If you do not respond with a t/l in 3 days, your song will be struck off from the CS list.

- If you have not completed translating your CS list by the end of the month, a CS penalty will be imposed. A strucked off song (see above) counts as an incomplete attempt.

- The CS penalty requires TWO songs from your FS as makeweight, increasing your target number.

e.g. for a target number of 24 with a CS of 15, and you only did 11 out of the 15:

• You originally have a FS of 9, but covering the 4 unattempted songs will make it 13 and thus 11 + 13 = 24, but the CS penalty forces you to attempt another 4 songs so your target number will now be 11 + 13 + 4 = 28.
    [ Simply put: for each song not done in your CS, you need to t/l two more undeclared songs to pass the challenge. ]

- This, and the advantage of booking a song for translation, is the reason why there needs to be two lists. And the more songs you book, the more work load you'll need to do, and the greater risk of having to do even more work from the unfinished booking list.

- You are allowed to exceed your FS count and thus your target number.

If you have further questions on the format, please don't hesitate to ask.

Confirmed Participants (CS/TN):

#01: AzureDark (20/40)
    #02: bluepenguin (16/31)
    #03: Rei (12/24)
    #04: Rizuchan (15/30)
    #05: Haze~ (5/10)
    #06: shicalava (13/24)
    Last edited by AzureDark; 10-26-2014 at 01:16 PM.

...so that you know where you can find me

AnimeLyrics Admin
    EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-25-2020 10:24 AM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: xenographer Steam ID: xen0glossy

Default Re: NaAniTraMo '14 Participation Thread

Count me in for 31 songs! Give me a bit of time to draw up my list, though. I still have to decide if I'm masochistic enough to find another Sound Horizon album to do.

AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei's Avatar
    Gil
    Psychadelic
    Gifts Favorite Bioshock Syringe Bioshock Eve
    Mentioned
    274 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-27-2019 06:35 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: aozorapen

Bump.

できねぇ時?
    そん時ゃ諸共心中だよ

AnimeLyrics Admin
    EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Question: should we be waiting until the very end of October to post our song lists? I mean, given that there's always the possibility that someone else will translate songs off our lists before the beginning of November.

紺碧の闇
    AnimeLyrics Admin
    AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark's Avatar
    Gil
    Busy
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

I don't think there's a problem for putting the list up early, you can change the song (or even the target number) before November if somebody was to translate it before that.

Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei's Avatar
    Gil
    Psychadelic
    Mentioned
    274 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

I'm sort of tempted to try again since I got interrupted by my trip last year, and though I'll be working part-time throughout the month this time round...count me in for 24 songs. I'll start putting up my list soon.

@Haze~ , @Grain ?
    Last edited by Rei; 10-14-2014 at 07:16 AM.

できねぇ時?
    そん時ゃ諸共心中だよ

Grain is on a distinguished road Grain's Avatar
    Gil
    Asleep
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-19-2021 09:52 PM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Thanks, but no thanks.

Haze~ has a reputation beyond repute Haze~ has a reputation beyond repute Haze~ has a reputation beyond repute Haze~ has a reputation beyond repute Haze~ has a reputation beyond repute Haze~ has a reputation beyond repute Haze~ has a reputation beyond repute Haze~ has a reputation beyond repute Haze~ has a reputation beyond repute Haze~ has a reputation beyond repute Haze~ has a reputation beyond repute Haze~'s Avatar
    Gil
    Asleep
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-03-2021 03:52 AM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Sorry, I'm gonna have to pass as well.

Rizuchan has a reputation beyond repute Rizuchan has a reputation beyond repute Rizuchan has a reputation beyond repute Rizuchan has a reputation beyond repute Rizuchan has a reputation beyond repute Rizuchan has a reputation beyond repute Rizuchan has a reputation beyond repute Rizuchan has a reputation beyond repute Rizuchan has a reputation beyond repute Rizuchan has a reputation beyond repute Rizuchan has a reputation beyond repute Rizuchan's Avatar
    Gil
    sunshine
    Gifts Clannad Botan Snowman Neko Tv
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2020 10:22 AM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: rizuchan01 PSN ID: rizuchan01 Steam ID: rizuchan

I think I'll go for 30 again this year. 1 a day was a nice exercise last year. The tricky part is finding that many songs I want to do! ><

紺碧の闇
    AnimeLyrics Admin
    Gil
    Busy
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

I love how @Rei is trying to pull budding translators into this but yea... I can understand the event can be confusing or overwhelming to some but at least please keep up with how we'll all be doing throughout November! I really found it fun and challenging last year (I was the one entrant who actually failed) and it took me off whatever drama or strife there was at work. Hopefully you'll join someday in the future.

Rizuchan has a reputation beyond repute Rizuchan has a reputation beyond repute Rizuchan has a reputation beyond repute Rizuchan has a reputation beyond repute Rizuchan has a reputation beyond repute Rizuchan has a reputation beyond repute Rizuchan has a reputation beyond repute Rizuchan has a reputation beyond repute Rizuchan has a reputation beyond repute Rizuchan has a reputation beyond repute Rizuchan has a reputation beyond repute Rizuchan's Avatar
    Gil
    sunshine
    Gifts Clannad Botan Snowman Neko Tv
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2020 10:22 AM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: rizuchan01 PSN ID: rizuchan01 Steam ID: rizuchan

Maybe there could be a lighter challenge for newer translators? I mean, 24 in a month is daunting enough for those of us with a couple hundred (couple thousand?!) translations under our belts. For someone who has less than that total it probably seems downright impossible.

bambooXZX will become famous soon enough bambooXZX's Avatar
    Gil
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-18-2023 04:37 PM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

I failed last year, too. (*ノω・*)テヘ
    It was a pretty fun experience, though, especially watching everyone else's work patterns.

Still not sure if I'll be jumping in this year, but I will if I can come up with enough songs I want to TL.

紺碧の闇
    AnimeLyrics Admin
    Gil
    Busy
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

OK I propose a minimum of 10 songs for aspiring translators (active <2 years or t/led <20 songs) is that okay for you guys?

Grain is on a distinguished road Grain's Avatar
    Gil
    Asleep
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-19-2021 09:52 PM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

No, I just don't want to do it. I hope you have fun.

Haze~ has a reputation beyond repute Haze~ has a reputation beyond repute Haze~ has a reputation beyond repute Haze~ has a reputation beyond repute Haze~ has a reputation beyond repute Haze~ has a reputation beyond repute Haze~ has a reputation beyond repute Haze~ has a reputation beyond repute Haze~ has a reputation beyond repute Haze~ has a reputation beyond repute Haze~ has a reputation beyond repute Haze~'s Avatar
    Gil
    Asleep
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

I think I can manage that much. Let me think about it. So just to make sure, I'll need to declare 5 songs (half my list), and freestyle the rest?
    Last edited by Haze~; 10-16-2014 at 09:11 AM.

Gil
    Psychadelic
    Mentioned
    274 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Last edited by AzureDark; 11-30-2014 at 10:41 AM.

できねぇ時?
    そん時ゃ諸共心中だよ

AnimeLyrics Admin
    Gil
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Last edited by EJTranslations; 12-01-2014 at 06:06 PM.

Gil
    Psychadelic
    Mentioned
    274 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

@bluepenguin Oh right - sorry for not submitting Interview with Noel yet - the lyrics are really lengthy and I've been typing it out, but it keeps getting interrupted lol.

できねぇ時?
    そん時ゃ諸共心中だよ

Gil
    Asleep
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics
    Last edited by Haze~; 11-29-2014 at 03:43 AM.

20. Likes Rei liked this post
    AnimeLyrics Admin
    Gil
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Rei View Post
    @bluepenguin Oh right - sorry for not submitting Interview with Noel yet - the lyrics are really lengthy and I've been typing it out, but it keeps getting interrupted lol.
    I don't blame you; the thing is fifteen minutes long, after all. :P Translating it is going to be quite an undertaking, but I couldn't just do the other two and leave that one out.

Quote Originally Posted by Haze~ View Post
    I'm pretty sure I've already translated it a while ago, though.
    Whoops, you totally did. How did I miss that? I'll replace that one.

(Still not as bad of a spot-check failure as last year! I missed five whole translations that were already on the site and I still have no idea how.)
    Last edited by EJTranslations; 10-17-2014 at 11:25 AM.

Gil
    Psychadelic
    Mentioned
    274 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by bluepenguin View Post
    I don't blame you; the thing is fifteen minutes long, after all. :P Translating it is going to be quite an undertaking, but I couldn't just do the other two and leave that one out.
    I'll do my best to complete it as soon as possible! Though I'm wondering - do you want to translate the whole thing? If you want then I could color-code the singable parts, and you could translate everything...if not I could just dispense with the rest of the lyrics, since the whole thing's just an in-depth interview of Revo Noel. :P

できねぇ時?
    そん時ゃ諸共心中だよ

紺碧の闇
    AnimeLyrics Admin
    Gil
    Busy
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Compulsory Set:

1. Ayana - Kaze ga Tadoritsuku Basho (Kanon ED)
    2. RIE - Kisetsu no Shizuku (Pile Driver OP)
    3. Chisato Suzumori - Soyokaze no Yukue (Xchange 2 OP)
    4. Eiko Shimamiya / KOTOKO - Now and Heaven (Midara na Tsumi OP)
    5. MELL & MIKI - Sora Yori Chikai Yume
    6. KOTOKO - Namida no Chikai (Triangle Heart 3)
    7. KOTOKO - Wing My Way (Farland Symphony OP)
    8. Yumi Matsuzawa - Yuki no Kanata (SNOW ED2)
    9. KOTOKO - I pray to stop my cry (Ryoujoku Kangofu Gakuin ED)
    10. KOTOKO - Kyururun Kiss de Jumbo (Colorful Heart OP)
    11. Kaori Utatsuki - Jet Smash! (Ero Smash! OP)
    12. Asame Miyazaki - Satirize (Rasen Kairou OP)
    13. KOTOKO - Trust You're Truth (Triangle Heart OVA OP)
    14. KOTOKO - inside of a wilderness (Triangle Heart OVA ED)
    15. KOTOKO - Hayategumo
    16. MELL - Kanashimi no Hana (Fukushuu OP)
    17. Denkishiki Karen Ongaku Shuudan - Sakura Mau (MinDeaD BlooD DVD OP)
    18. Haruko Momoi - Go Home! (Sweet Legacy OP)
    19. HIMEKA - Kagiri Aru Yume (Rozen Maiden PS3 OP)
    20. ALI PROJECT - Watashi no Bara wo Haminasai (Rozen Maiden '13 OP)

Freechoice Set:

1. Yuuka Nanri - BLOODY HOLIC (Blood Lad ED)
    2. Marica - Koufuku no Genri (Pieta OP)
    3. Eiko Shimamiya - Around the mind (Phantom Night II OP)
    4. Ayana - uneasy (Ryakudatsu IN)
    5. Miyuki Hashimoto - Gensou Roukaku (Hapymaher FD OP)
    6. ave;new feat. BRACE;d - Allure
    7. Iori Nomizu - DARAKENA (Hitsugi no Chaika S1 OP)
    8. Denkishiki Karen Ongaku Shuudan - Sakura Chiru (MinDeaD BlooD ED)
    9. Denkishiki Karen Ongaku Shuudan - sweet trap (Sweet Room OP)
    10. Yui Sakakibara - Mecha Koi Ranman (Tenshin Ranman OP)
    11. kaoru - Kurukururin (2x2 Shinobuden ED)
    12. KOTOKO - Just as time is running out
    13. KOTOKO - Kirameku Otome (Soshite Kirameku Otome no Himitsu^5 OP)
    14. Aki Misato - Shiawase wa Tsuki yori Takaku (Shukufuku no Campanella anime OP)
    15. Denkishiki Karen Ongaku Shuudan - White Wedding (Metorase OP)
    16. Aika Yoshioka - Sakura no Wadachi (Hakuouki PSP OP)
    17. fripSide - fermata ~Akkord:fortissimo~ (Kadenz fermata//akkord:fortissimo OP)
    18. Cyua - realize ~Yume no Matsu Basho~ (selector infected WIXOSS ED)
    19. China Yuzuki - Egaiteta Yume (Dousei LoverAble OP)

Total CS: 16 of 20 FS: 19 of 20+4 = 35
    Last edited by AzureDark; 12-14-2014 at 03:31 PM.

AnimeLyrics Admin
    Gil
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Rei View Post
    I'll do my best to complete it as soon as possible! Though I'm wondering - do you want to translate the whole thing? If you want then I could color-code the singable parts, and you could translate everything...if not I could just dispense with the rest of the lyrics, since the whole thing's just an in-depth interview of Revo Noel. :P
    Hmm, good question. I usually err on the side of "be as complete as possible even if it's more work" with Sound Horizon, but usually that involves dealing with stuff that's sung/spoken but isn't in the printed lyrics rather than vice versa, and this site is oriented towards making it so people can sing along, or at least that's the purpose of transliterations. Do what works better for you, I guess!

Gil
    Psychadelic
    Mentioned
    274 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by bluepenguin View Post
    Hmm, good question. I usually err on the side of "be as complete as possible even if it's more work" with Sound Horizon, but usually that involves dealing with stuff that's sung/spoken but isn't in the printed lyrics rather than vice versa, and this site is oriented towards making it so people can sing along, or at least that's the purpose of transliterations. Do what works better for you, I guess!
    It happens to be the exact opposite with this song, actually - lots of stuff in the written lyrics are not sung. The whole thing's like a really...long interview lol. I'll submit it and maybe you can have a look at them and decide how you wanna work with it (:

できねぇ時?
    そん時ゃ諸共心中だよ

AnimeLyrics Admin
    Gil
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

It happens to be the exact opposite with this song, actually - lots of stuff in the written lyrics are not sung.
    Oh, I know, that's what I meant with the vice versa thing--I meant that since is the opposite of what I usually run into with SH songs, I don't have a good precedent for deciding how to handle it. But anyway, thanks! I'll take a look at your translit in just a minute.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information