AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 15 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast

Thread: RPG: The School of Seven Towers

how 2 u sociul plz? Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin's Avatar
    Gil
    Brooding
    Gifts Ice Cream Ice Cream Fuuko Starfish
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-22-2017 11:19 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: RPG: The School of Seven Towers

@sunnyside I’ll admit that I’m a little uncertain about what you’re trying to imply I do or say xD.

Shi’ran had barely gotten into the shanties and was just beginning to look around for where he was supposed to go; he’d just-about noticed this one ‘rock house’ that stood out a little compared to all the other ones when someone at the front of it was waving and gesturing him to follow inside. They mentioned Jenner. How did they know who he was looking for? It caught him as strange, so very strange … but he could tell that they weren’t malevolent or lying. Something with the situation … someone intending to cause him trouble probably wouldn’t be so obvious.

He followed them inside, looking baffled about their apparent clairvoyance but not saying anything about it. The Therian looked around the interior, that to him didn’t seem to fit at all but who was he to judge the culture of others? Maybe this was normal for someone living in the desert. The bottles of wine made him feel thirsty; he legitimately thought about trying to snag one of the bottles, but he wasn’t really given an opportunity at that point.

The Therian stopped looking around so much when he was ‘introduced’ to Jenner and he listened to the man introduce and explain his observations simply because Shi’ran wasn’t really given much of an opportunity to interject. This guy could talk for days… And he seemed awfully … well, he seemed to know more than he was supposed to. At the least Shi’ran cottoned on to the fact that he hinted, very obviously, that he knew where the team of scavengers he was supposed to be looking for had gone even though he didn’t want to ‘talk business’ straight away but talk about Shi’ran himself, instead.

Were all Pactmakers like this? Manipulative? Confusing? Shi’ran looked away from the man, to the side at some of the empty couches and tables, a frown on his face. The bald man had a point though … what did he want? …… Was there going to be any repercussions, was he going to be expected to reimburse the man in some way for humouring him? He thought on it a little … the man obviously knew of the scavengers, the ruins …… Hanze had never said he couldn’t do something for himself, right?

“… I guess if you’re insisting, buddy … I don’t know what the Hell you’re expecting to get out of it but …” He looked back to the man, his eyes looking like a simmering fire just waiting for an excuse to explode. “… I’ve always wanted to know more about magic … dark magic. I … want to learn how to use it.”
    : The Game. You just lost it. :

My signature was so old it broke. RIP signature.

Senior Member Black-Cat0001 is on a distinguished road Black-Cat0001's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-07-2016 05:20 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: OPG ECHO WOLF

Juggernaut was over by her side in a heart beat, and had gotten out her rations of food. She slowly keep her firmly down to the ground."Ok miss, here is some food you can have if your hungry. Maybe you'll be more responsive once you had something to eat." Juggernaut backed away, making sure none were too close to her and was keeping both eyes focused on her.
    Last edited by Black-Cat0001; 03-09-2016 at 09:08 AM.

Senior Member sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Gifts Pocket Watch Katana Ice Cream
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-08-2019 09:03 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

@Ranshiin and @ELR

At first the man simply bursts in laughter, a deep laugh and gives a clap. But then he notices Shi'ran's eyes and demeanor.

"Wait. You're serious? I'm sorry I thought you were having a joke with me. No. I'm with you. "

He leans back, giving Shi'ran a long look. And glances around. Then he leans forward in close. "Magic is a strange thing. You know, Pactmakers like myself, we make many deals with many people, but also creatures, spirits, and some call that a dark magic. Others classify magics used to kill, harm, or poison as black magics. There is much that can be taught, and even more, I think, that can be learned. What does it mean to you? What dark things tantalize you when you daydream? What comes to you in the night?"

He looks at Shi'ran, obviously interested, rubbing is hands together briefly before holding them at his knees while he waits.

---------------------

@Black-Cat0001 @Yuuzuki and @Light Buster

The girls doesn't seem to pay any attention to the food, though she seems to be getting worse. She tries to bite Juggernaut, putting some significant effort into it, though perhaps still not a lot of focus, more like strong but ill directed motions of someone drowinging. Still, her effort is more like a kid trying hard, she doesn't have a lot of strength, especially with Juggernaut holding her carefully down.

OOC: LB or Yuuzuki? I suppose if you really want to move on you could just haul her to the nearest infirmary.
    Last edited by sunnyside; 03-12-2016 at 12:52 AM.

how 2 u sociul plz? Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin's Avatar
    Gil
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

@sunnyside I apologise if this is a little hard to work with. Consider it equal parts that Shi’ran is being hesitant, and that he doesn’t really know how to explain his thoughts.

Shi’ran frowned slightly when the man burst out laughing, because why wouldn’t he? The man had asked him a serious question and he had given a serious answer. Maybe it was a good thing Voth had gone AWOL and nobody else was in the room?

When Jenner seemed to take what he’d said seriously, the frown faded away and Shi’ran listened, like before, to what he said. Had he not been holding onto his Hoverboard he’d have crossed his arms, but alas. And then when prompted he replied – first with a minor huff of an answer, and then a more proper one; “… I feel like you expected a different answer from me.” He began, “But if you’re insisting on an answer …… magic that can kill, and harm, and poison. Magic that intimidates, and manipulates.”

He paused. He seemed to think for a moment.

“And sometimes I’ve wondered if the darkness itself can be a tool. Y’know? People manipulate fire with their magic …… pfeh … look at me, you must think I’m frickin’ crazy or something.” He fell to a mumble. He seemed a little … distrusting – with good reason – of the Pactmaker. “Though is that so wrong, that I dream of that sort of power? That I’m not afraid of using it to harm or weaken or do things people consider ‘terrible’ and ‘dark’, especially considering I’m a Therian?”

Senior Member sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

@Ranshiin and @ELR

OOC: Sorry for the delay, I've been quite sick and just didn't get on my computer aside from doing what little I needed to keep my projects at work on the rails.

IC:

Jenner leans back with a smirk fading into a thoughtful expression, and holds his hands together at the fingers and drums the tips together as he seems to think. Then he starts to smile again and nod his head as he starts speaking.

"Here's what I'm thinking, you want me to be surprised. I suppose I am a little, but this far out of civilization, I've seen a lot of things, and often those out here are here precisely because they don't fit the mold so well. Though there are many reasons.

But more important I think you want other people to be surprised. Let me explain. Pactmakers such as myself often have more than a passing interest in power yes? And sometimes it takes on aspects that people would call "dark" or "scary" or "things man was not meant to deal with" but generally that's not the objective and has more to do with coincidence. Often our greatest items of power or spell are plain looking and efficient.

But that's not what you're looking for. I think you want to shock and awe. And there is some value to that. Magic or confrontation is often a very mental game and a bit of fear can put people off theirs. Try as we might, we still have some primal responses to things, and that can be tapped into. "

He shifts in his seat a bit and adds with a nod "And perhaps just a bit of spite towards the Therian Stereotype eh? "

Senior Member Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde's Avatar
    Gil
    Bookworm
    Gifts Silver Ribbon Four Leaf Clover Teal Ribbon
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-08-2019 02:20 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: aspirantgarde

@sunnyside @ELR @~Shobu~ @Ranshiin

Jasper nodded when Skyla showed the items to him. He picked up the hooks Skyla had set down and also picked up a can of first aid spray. “Sounds like a good idea; let’s get these and we’ll store them in the compressor.” Using the funds that had been distributed to purchase the items, Jasper took the items and almost placed them in the compressor right then and there. It seemed less than prudent, however, to do so in front of the vendors and the small crowd on the outskirts of the more crowded market, as someone might want the device enough to pilfer it.

“Tell you what—let’s compress the items when we’re out of the crowd.”

Noticing Skyla pull up her scarf again, he thought that perhaps he might ask a bit more about it. “Ready to radio the others and tell them we’re on the way back?” He reached to the sleeve, pressed the button that broadcast messages to everyone with the earpiece and said, “We’ve got the supplies and we’re on our way back. Let us know if anything came up while we were gone and we’ll pick up whatever’s additionally needed.”

As he walked with Skyla he thought of a way to mildly ask more about the discomfort concerning her neck. “Forgive me if I’m prying, but the scarf about your neck seems to be uncomfortable.” Would that be enough for her to tell him more about it? Perhaps he’d broached the subject too bluntly. He shifted the weight of the items in his arms to break up the awkwardness he’d just injected into the conversation.

Isolated ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR's Avatar
    Gil
    Suspicious
    Gifts Kawaii Ice Cream Cone
    Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-07-2016 12:12 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

@~Shobu~
    She made the decision, guess it was safe enough. But why did he come and pick them? "I am Darius. Darius Marchello." He bowed forward and kissed Phoenix's hand then nodded his head forward. "Now we are strangers no more. A drink for such a pretty lady."

Sone stepped in between and smiled kindly. "Sone." He nodded towards Phoenix. "Phoenix." He put his arm around her and spun her behind him. "Not too much to drink, got to be able to stay on our toes and dance, yes?" He asked while extending his arm up, leg out, on toe.
    ---------
    @Cross Avantgarde

Skyla put the items into her bag and hoped she had enough room. Before she could put her input in, Jasper informed the others we were done.

Her scarf? She pulled it closer around her neck. "It isn't the scarf that is uncomfortable." Did he already forget what he had seen as he had walked out into the deserted land? Then her words became a whisper through the mic for only him to hear. "How many 'slaves' are seen without their collars? My neck still looks like it has fresh marks on it, but no markings of having been 'set free' in the eyes of slavers eyes. Though most just consider it a way to calm those who are or were uncontrollable."

Would it sink in?
    I am no more a rose than I am its thorns.
    No more a gentle breeze than I am the hailing storm.
    I am no more hated than I am loved.
    And I am no more heartfilled than I am heartless.
    This is who I am.
    ~ELR

Gil
    Cheerful
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Comph,"Infirmary I have a mental patient here who is in dire need of your help. She is not looking so hot, and, is in extremely unstable condition. Send a medical team ASAP with stretcher!"click. "Now once we get the medical team to take her we can go to the principal's office, and get you registered ok."

Last edited by Black-Cat0001; 03-29-2016 at 08:06 AM.

Gil
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

@sunnyside @Cross Avantgarde (acknowledging that Shi'ran heard the message Jasper broadcast).

Shi’ran listened quietly – though visibly with some self-restraint – whilst the man continued on and explained himself. His arms moved subtly, uncomfortably, his fingers relaxing then tightening around the edge of his Hoverboard – he couldn’t stay entirely still at that point.

“… I think it’s more than ‘just a bit’ of spite. All the Therians I’ve come across … all this magic, and ability, we all have … and all they use it for is for restoration. Healing … for being passive … helpless. It’s ridiculous.

I don’t get it … I don’t get why they all have this magic … and all they want to do is waste it on growing trees, or healing others. Why not themselves? Why not something other than healing?

…… Do you get where I’m coming at here, Pactmaker? I want to be more than just … ‘that’. I’m not wanting to just ‘shock’ or ‘awe’ people. What’s the point of a threat if you can’t back it up? I have potential … I want to use it.”

He looked like he was going to say more, but at that point visibly got distracted; amongst a scattering of static in his ear he heard a voice – Jasper’s voice – relaying some sort of message. “Got supplies.” “On way back.” Something about any additional equipment. The dragon-Therian’s reddish eyes narrowed in the direction of the earpiece and he lifted his free hand up to push on it for a moment to try and better-hear the message, then let it go.

Looked like it was about time he leave. His eyes turned back to Jenner.

“Okay, look, I don’t have time to be going around in any more circles. If you’ve got anything you think’s going to help me with what I’ve already said, then can you just say it, or show it, or give me it, or whatever?

Otherwise, can you please just go ahead and tell me where these people I’m supposed to be finding are? I can pay you for the information, and then I can get the hell out of here.”
    Last edited by Ranshiin; 03-29-2016 at 09:17 AM.

Senior Member Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde's Avatar
    Gil
    Bookworm
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

@ELR

Jasper looked down as they walked back to their basecamp of sorts. “I’m sorry to bring that up. Is Hanze or someone else really so sure that you won’t go to the school on your own volition? Or are they afraid of something else?” It was none of his business, and Jasper felt a tinge of guilt for going further when it wasn’t a comfortable subject to begin with.

He couldn’t shake the feeling that the slave collar was too much. When they had been departing from the airship, the damage to her neck seemed terrible. He remembered what Skimro had told him about Skyla not being a full Celestial, and about Hanze’s concern over the Netherkin pursuing them.

“Perhaps I should ask…or not, but—isn’t there someone we could convince to take that off?”

Senior Member Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster's Avatar
    Gil
    Fine
    Gifts Systems Xbox 360 American Flag Ribbon AK47
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-30-2016 03:29 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Light Buster PSN ID: Lightbuster88

Hiro approached the two girls with his right hand on the handle is his sword in case things go south. Something is wrong with the girl and he had a feeling it had something to do with the gang.
    WARNING: This user is wanted for unauthorized access into Ultratech archives. If you see this user in person, please contact Ultratech immediately.

Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

@Ranshiin and @ELR

Jenner looks like he's about to debate the point about the helplessness of Therians, he even starts to hold a finger up, but then gets a shrewd look and lowers it, listening to the rest of Shi'ran's speech.

Shortly after Shi'ran finishes, the man outside says through a window "His friend is coming this way, he's still a ways off and he's not hustling, but you don't have many minutes. "

He seems a bit agitated by the rush and says "Let me think a minute" he drums his fingers together and doesn't even need a full minute before he lights up and holds up his hands as he says "Ah! I have it!"

He gets up and starts to move, causing all the rings in his skin to flop around in wavy motions. "What you need is a mentor, a subtle one, who can train you in what you need. That's just the sort of thing a skilled and experienced Pactmaker such as myself and provides, especially given the sort of spirits one can contact out here. Yes. Yes. Now, the spirit will want something in exchange for training, but generally they really crave interaction and access to our world, so, while they can be tricky, you should have an edge in the ongoing negotiations.

What you need me to do, and swiftly if" He pauses a moment and then continues "If you'd like to maintain your privacy in these matters, is to have me summon and bind the spirit to you. This would establish a connection between the two of you that would give you the ability to mentally converse with the spirit and allow it to manifest itself if you grant it the ability to use some of your magical potency for a time. "

He sits back down, lounging on one of the couches "All I require is a modest finders fee. Do you have anything to offer? You'd mentioned paying for other information, if you're short on personal funds, perhaps you could arrange a bit of overpayment for whatever services the two of you had agreed on with myself, hmmm?"

-------------

@Light Buster @Black-Cat0001 and @Yuuzuki

Somewhere in your small group being around the girl and Juggernaut sending out a message one of the Michael's in the vicinity finally gets clued into there being a real problem. He or She swoops down, their undamaged armor indicating that this one isn't the Michael from the earlier fight, but otherwise concealing their identity and gender. The Michael quickly scoops up the girl held down by Juggernaut. She attempts to bit the Michael, but her pointy teeth are worthless against even the white decorative marble on the thick armor.

The Michael quickly takes to the sky, flying off with it's fellows, leaving the five of you alone on the campus green.

Gil
    Cheerful
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Comph,"A Micheal has taken the girl into their custody, please guide them to the ER when they arrive at the medical facility and be extremely careful when getting her vitals over."Click "Now how about we go and get those registrations dealt with and I'll give a tour of the campus. Does that sound good?"
    Last edited by Black-Cat0001; 04-15-2016 at 04:26 AM.

Isolated ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR's Avatar
    Gil
    Suspicious
    Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

@sunnyside

Samsilus stretched out of boredom, he wanted something interesting to happen.

He still had the 'secret' item that Kershaw had given him to 'test' on people.

Then he saw a fellow Therian and a few others talking. He stood there watching in the shadows pondering exactly the situation was, it seemed almost hostile.

--------------------------------------------------
    @Cross Avantgarde o.O Hey sunny! Is Jenner calling dead people? Or actually spirits?

She pondered about it, pulling her dress down, and avoiding touching too many people as they moved past people.

"It would be better if they would have asked, I might have went." She might not have though, too. "But I am yet to be 'responsible' in their eyes so my options are limited."

Adjusting the item to the other arm. "With that out, guess you could state that I am like a play figure, my choices made for me."

Skyla felt her walls crumbling down for Jasper with the conversation continuing to happen. "Since you will be my guardian, guess that means you have a lot of questions.."
    This is who I am.
    ~ELR

Gil
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

@sunnyside

Shi’ran waited quietly – if temporarily – for the Pactmaker to answer him, and began to frown just as the man started to struggle to think of a rebuke. He forced himself to remain patient and was rewarded in the end; he’d gotten close to growling out that the man ‘didn’t have a minute’, too.

He listened as the man began to pace around the room, the frown remaining on his face. A mentor? The man was suggesting he introduce Shi’ran to some sort of mentor to teach him what he wanted to know? A spirit? Huh … the frown faded a little as he thought about it. Evidently he’d expected too much of the man being able to help him directly … then again he’d been the one to instigate it. Shi’ran couldn’t help but be suspicious that Jenner was just trying to con him.

“…… A mentor, huh? … Sure, if you’re confident a spirit is going to be able to teach me what I want to know.” He shrugged. “But I have one stipulation at the very least … I want to be able to end the connection at any time. The bind, the … y’know what I mean. The ‘pact’, you people call it. Got it?”

He waited a small moment for some form of acknowledgement, and then he relaxed a little, seeming less wary of the situation. “Anyway I should have something spare funds-wise to cover both this and the information I want. That’s if you’re okay with coins and gems and stuff.” It wasn’t like it was his money to begin with. >.> He turned away from Jenner slightly and began to look for the bag he’d been given by Hanze containing the ‘bartering funds’ for dealing with the Pactmakers …… and that up until then he hadn’t known had been stolen.

“Wait, what the fu-…… where is … on the Heavens that Voth bastard didn’t steal my crap, did he? ……” He paused his attempt of finding the funds; he knew he didn’t have them on him. Given a further moment he let out a loud sigh and he kicked the heel of one of his boots on the floor in disdain, and he begrudgingly turned his eyes back to Jenner. “…… Seems like anything I can pay you with is-uh … missing. I guess my … ‘companion’ must have them, so unless there’s something else I can do to pay for the information then we’re gonna have to wait for him to get here.”

Great.

Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Black-Cat0001 View Post
    Comph,"A Micheal has taken the girl into their custody, please listen to them, and be extremely careful when getting her vitals over."Click
    OOC: That might be hard for the others to work with. Maybe say something to them?

Quote Originally Posted by ELR View Post

Samsilus stretched out of boredom, he wanted something interesting to happen.

He still had the 'secret' item that Kershaw had given him to 'test' on people.

Then he saw a fellow Therian and a few others talking. He stood there watching in the shadows pondering exactly the situation was, it seemed almost hostile.
    OOC: Is that a writing prompt for me, or did you move your character over by other players?

----------------------------------------------
    o.O Hey sunny! Is Jenner calling dead people? Or actually spirits?
    OOC: Well, you can never be sure, but Pactmakers are known for being able to interact with spirits of various sorts. Entirely inhuman. Contacting and making arrangements with them is much of what the pactmaking magic school is about. A bit like summoning, but with bargaining. That's in the character generation stuff from them.

------------------

@Ranshiin and @ELR

Jenner looks more than a bit disturbed and distrustful at the mention of the suddenly missing funds. His brow wrinkles as his mind races and he strokes his chin for a moment. He starts talking, seeming to be working through the facts for his own benefit as much as Shi'ran's.

"Well, according to my man your friend is coming this way. So I think we can rule out a snatch and grab. And it would be a waste of your time to come here to beg without any funds....well, actually it probably wouldn't. I'm a creative man, and your a young healthy Therian with perhaps some potential. " He eyed Shi'ran for a moment. "Also, that board your holding should have some value. "

He pauses again.

"But you hadn't mentioned it, which means you don't want to sell it, doesn't it? Hmmmm. Alright, I think you have a couple options."

A this he snaps his fingers as if remembering something, jingling all the little rings in the process.

" I almost forgot your question. Now, to be clear, it's easy to make things up so that you can sever your relationship with the spirit. Though unless I'm convinced the spirit was utterly incompetent or unreasonable I'll be understandable reluctant to return my fee for establishing the relationship. "

He starts pacing as he continues

"First, you could quickly bargain with me on some manner of debt, with the understanding you'll arrange for some additional payment from your friend or something else soon. That has the advantage of him not being the wiser if this is something you'd like to keep between us.

A second is you could simply make a quick arrangement with something else, or some promises. If that's agreeable it has the advantage of being a completed deal and off you go.

A third is you get your friend in on it when he comes in here, if you think that wouldn't produce any problems.

A fourth would be to head out there to confront you friend about the missing funds, and see what is going on regarding it. He probably won't talk freely in front of me. Perhaps there's a tale there you can use to your advantage, or you could weave one. In any case if you can make some arrangement to get me paid, and if you could stay a bit afterwards, or perhaps I send him off somewhere for a bit, we could work the magic then. That has a number of potential advantages, depending on how it is played, such as having time to do things slowly and having all the payment business handled."

He looks at Shi'ran expectantly.

Gil
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

@sunnyside

Shi’ran could tell by the Pactmaker’s immediate reaction that he was annoyed – or at least, Shi’ran thought that he was annoyed. He was too, why wouldn’t the man? He ran his free hand through his hair to try and compose himself again … he’d just have to ask Voth and find out … and hope. The Therian nodded slightly when Jenner noted that apparently Voth was headed towards the building. That made things a little easier. A little.

The comment about selling his Hoverboard made him frown, and hold it a little tighter. Of course he wasn’t going to sell it. He looked like he was about to speak up about it when the Pactmaker beat him to the punch, so to say, and he visibly relaxed again to convey that the man was right. He made the same sort of motion when the man spoke up about being reluctant to ‘return the fee’ if Shi’ran was to terminate the contract early. Then, just as quickly, he caught himself.

No, don’t say anything. It was best he didn’t. Shi’ran hadn’t thought that it would be possible to get a refund, so-to-say. Jenner had inadvertently given him helpful information; it was best he stay quiet and pretend he’d known all along – so he drew a breath, and nodded. “I understand that.” He said.

The dragon fell quiet and let Jenner explain what had come to him in terms of his options for paying for the services. He nodded once, twice, his eyes following the Pactmaker as he paced and spoke. Shi’ran himself remained mostly still, aside from the persistent flick of his tail. “Well … for a start, the hell-exactly did you mean by saying that I’m a ‘young, healthy Therian with some potential’?” He asked, when the explanations waned and he was being expected to give an answer. It was hard to tell if he was confused or simply curious. “I mean, have you got something in mind that I can do to pay for all of this? …… I’m aware that V-… my ‘companion’ might not necessarily have the funds that I’m supposed to have.”

To be honest? Shi’ran didn’t really think Jenner had anything in mind, and perhaps had just been saying what he’d said to derail his train-of-thought. Then again, he couldn’t read the man’s mind so just-as-well he was prying into it, offering – so-to-say – to see if the Pactmaker had something already planned.

That said …

“But saying that, uh … if he does have the money, I think I can get him to wait outside. Unless he’s been sneaky-… and tried to eavesdrop or something,” He caught himself – he’d almost mentioned Voth was a Netherkin. He didn’t know if Jenner knew, or if it was wise to mention it. Given what he wanted, he figured it was best to err on the side of caution, “Then he won’t know how long I’ve been here and I can get him to wait outside as long as you need him to.

… Well?”
    It was his turn to wait for an answer. Did the Pactmaker have a suggestion for payment without money, or did Shi’ran have to hope that Voth had the money, somehow?

(( I know this is open-ended but like it’s implied, I can’t tell if you had an idea or not so I’m being cautious. ))

Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

@Ranshiin @ELR

OOC: Sorry for making you wait. And for not a particularly long post, I should keep you moving.

IC:

Jenner looked as if he was about to reply to the comment about being a healthy Therian but instead settled for drumming his fingers absent mindedly on his face, making his rings jingle lightly against each other, as Shi'ran continued. Once Shi'ran stopped he pondered for a brief moment and said "My associate would be sure to let us know as soon as your gets too close, though I suppose one never can quite tell what someone else is capable of. I get the feeling you aren't up for getting this done quick now, and perhaps that's for the best. I enjoy a great many things, and satisfied customers is well up on the list. Why don't you head out and see what you can manage with your friend, and I'll see about some refreshments and perhaps getting something written up."

He starts towards on of the curtains going to another room and says over his shoulder "Being efficient with my time isn't high on my list, but it's on there" and he gives Shi'ran a smile over his shoulder as he continues towards the curtain.

Gil
    Suspicious
    Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

@sunnyside been attempting to await a response from the other two for Skyla but does not seem to be good idea to wait long periods like this. Then again, it is coming close to summer break so. Will try adding little for them.

@Cross Avantgarde
    "Jasper, not to be nosey-" Though that was her intention, "-but how well do you know Phoenix?"

@~Shobu~
    Slowly, walking towards the bar, Sone sways and watches the gentleman's movements. "Hanze, something feels fishy."

Celestial building? Boring! Magitechs? Not until he gave out Kershaw's experiment juice. Therian was absolutely not, no issues there until he had completely sunk into spot. That left him with his original thought of the Netherkin tower.

Strolling along, people kept buzzing by, chatter louder than it was the day before. There seemed to be twice as many there the evening before. Chaos, that is what his people wanted, could he do it?
    This is who I am.
    ~ELR

Gil
    Bookworm
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

@sunnyside @ELR @~Shobu~ @Ranshiin

It was a reasonable response; no one would rather be deceived or forced into going somewhere as opposed to simply being asked. Jasper quickly felt sheepish over being a part of the plan, despite the fact that Skyla now knew about it.

A ‘play figure’? Jasper didn’t like how that sounded at all. As for her remark about his questions, he thought her response was generous. Instead of thinking that he was simply being intrusive, she perhaps thought that he was asking because he was currently playing the role of guardian.

“I hope you don’t feel manipulated—though it sounds like you do. Listen; won’t you feel independent when you get to the school? I mean, then you can make your own choices, right?” He was trying to make the situation sound a bit more hospitable and less controlling, and he hoped that she would be granted her freedom once they were back at the school. Would she?

When she asked about Phoenix, he looked down and thought hard for a second, a strange reaction for such a simple question. “Hey, if I can ask you about all that, you can certainly ask me a small question such as this one. Well…” He thought for a second. “When I’m around Phoenix, everything feels—I don’t know, just wonderful.” He would omit the part about the butterflies in his stomach that made their presence known when she was around; in fact, they seemed to manifest even when he thought about her at times. “And she seems very open and genuine, and I’m sure she is. But it seems there’s more depth to her than that. She’s not simple; no, not like a Magitek. And it makes me want to know her more. Does that make sense?”

Gil
    Suspicious
    Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

@Cross Avantgarde

"You basically accepted a contract. And Hanze is a pactmaker. If I know my father as well as I do, that means you accept me as a slave and shall return me as a slave when the time comes. Though I am not, I am to continue to play as one. That and who would accept a celestial who was a slave into a society?"

But the thought of freedom both scared and excited her. "From Skimro's sights, he would want you to be the same as he, like a best friend or a big brother."

"Some slave owners allow their 'property' to live on their own, that is what this contract is stating." She pats her sack. "Or I may have missuerstood..." She took a deep sigh and walked further away from the crowd.

"So you like her?" Would explain why it seemed his eyes were glued to her when she was in sight.
    This is who I am.
    ~ELR

Gil
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

@sunnyside and maybe @ELR since they kinda started the whole problem in the first place >.>

Shi’ran (with forced patience) held his breath in wait for an answer and … well, the answer he got made him question his patience. He began to think that all this guy wanted to do was rip him off and frustrate him … ugh. Or maybe he was just overreacting because the guy didn’t want to give him answers when he didn’t know whether he’d be sticking around or not?

The Therian lifted a hand and ran it through his mane of hair in a mix of frustration and forced abeyance … and then he shrugged. ”Well … fine, okay then.” He muttered and admitted, and whilst the Pactmaker went to retreat from the room, Shi’ran turned to head back outside to go look for Voth as he said he would.

Where … where the hell was he? He stopped just outside of all the curtains and fancy, archaic furniture and decorations, a hand above his forehead to shield his eyes from the bright sunlight. He looked around, predominantly in the direction he’d originally come from, trying to see if Voth was on his way there or just in view somewhere.

Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

@ELR

OOC: Ooops, almost missed your text to me!

IC:

As Sam approaches the Netherkin tower it's apparent that there's a huge amount of activity there. There's the sort of cloud of spirits that has hovered around the tower for a while now after enough Netherkin congregated there, however now there's also a lot of activity on the ground.

Or more accurately, he finds as he approaches, probably under the ground. It seems like a bunch of undead looking things are digging down tunnels and a larger pit, moving the dirt in primitive wheelbarrows or baskets some distance away and making something of a long hill there. Some Netherkin seem to be overseeing the operation.

However as the morning sun beats down there aren't many Netherkin themselves to be found. They might have headed off to central campus for class, or might be in their tower. The school hadn't done much, Sam notes, in terms of requiring students to sign up for and attended classes. Getting closer still Sam notices that there are some Netherkin around, they just seem to favor the sparse bits of shade behind rocks or under trees. Some seem lethargic and are staring off into space, some are hanging around a guy playing a Zither, a little further off a few are fighting in an impromptu ring of onlookers under a large Oak Tree's canopy.

A few others that were just laying around seem to have noticed Sam, and one of them starts rushing in his direction with a crazed look in his eye that Sam isn't comfortable with. Sam thinks it's a short guy under those volumous black robes, but he isn't quite sure, as the persons face isn't very well defined except for those eyes. Looking around Sam notices he's the only non Netherkin he can see around. Although a few Netherkin seem to have taken notice of this development and are starting to head Sam's way as well, though with looks more along the lines of concern.

------------------------------------------------------

@Ranshiin

Shi'ran spots Voth approaching may fifty meters away from the door. So he and Jenner wouldn't have had much time before an interruption. As Voth gets closer Shi'an notes, with his enhanced vision, that Voth seems to be doing very well, and that this trip seems to have been doing a lot for him. His features are fully defined, and either he's stopped slouching or he's actually grown taller. In any case he's striding with power and confidence, with a sharp gleam in his eye.

As he approaches Shi'ran he initiates the conversation saying "Sorry for making you wait. I'd noticed that our funds had gotten snatched, so I got them back. Watching out for the operation and all that. Smiling he holds out the bag of goods. "It's all here." he adds.

With Voth seems to be fine in general, Shi'ran notes that there's blood or something like it soaked into the fabric of his glove. He also can't help but notice Voth's boots. In part because Voth had previously looking to walk so that his robe kept them out of sight, but the changed posture or size shows them. They're dark and leather, with a generous number of straps and rivets instead of laces. While the area is dusty and dry the boots are slightly wet. Not blood. Something clear. Further up the boots they're cleaner that they, but nearer to the sole they're already starting to get muddy from the dust on the ground.

Voth continues "I hope this doesn't set us back too much timewise, I hope you've perhaps gotten us past introductions and chitchat and we can get right to the matter at hand. Let's get to it." He makes a gesture towards the stone building "After you."

OOC: I hadn't realized it, but Shi'ran's only enhanced sense is sight. Though I suppose you could bolster anything with your biomagic, though that might not fit with your character exactly.

Gil
    Suspicious
    Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

@Ranshiin You forgot one very special person who wanted this trip to begin with, @Blackwaltz but he disappeared before the mission truly began. Do not forget that @sunnyside ended up causing his character to disappear do to illness so that we could continue. But thank you for acknowledging my trouble making capabilities.

Bad idea, very bad idea.

Keeping his cool, he eyed all those who were staring him down. His heart beated so loud that it was felt through his ears. A horrific experience. It reminded him of the initiation of outsiders for his clan. They would have to go through not only the venom to stop ones heart, a skill Sam had yet to learn, but to bring one-self back to life.

Just things in life that felt extremely daunting.

Then one of them lunged forward.

As quick as he could, Sam transformed small and slithered as quick as he could under the trunk of the trees, under the rooms that stuck up. Though he did not come out unscathed, his tail had been stepped on and the pain reminded him of broken bones.
    Last edited by ELR; 05-27-2016 at 01:03 AM. Reason: Not letting message up, continuing to repeatdily try to put full message up-Message placed in 1 huge jumble!
    This is who I am.
    ~ELR

Gil
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

@sunnyside
    @ELR I think you misunderstood me. When I said ‘problem’ I meant you playing that NPC that stole the money.

Shi’ran frowned a little more, turning to and fro to look in the various directions outside of the Pactmaker’s ramshackle rock-hut-building in search of Voth … his impatience almost made him miss spotting the huge example of a man coming up towards him. Thankfully he did spot the Netherkin – his bright, red-orange eyes narrowed to a thinner, slit-like focus for the moments he observed the man.

Watching Voth approach he did cotton on to the various signs of the Netherkin’s activity. The stride he had (despite the weight of his gear), the fact that he looked … whole, and human. The Therian tilted his head just slightly for a moment, then when Voth came up close he let off of the whole focused-staring thing and let out a small sigh. Before he could say anything though, the Netherkin cut him off with an apology and, well, explained everything that Shi’ran had been about to ask.

… He seems … awfully happy. Shi’ran closed his mouth and thought for a moment, becoming confused as to why and … why there was something that looked like blood on his gloves and … water or something on his boots? There was a side-thought; he kind-of liked the design of them … >.>. He got so confused in fact that he couldn’t really bring himself to focus on being irritated or angry that his money had been stolen in the first place.

He decided … maybe it was better to ask later. He wanted to know but … he didn’t want Jenner to get impatient … or Voth to get suspicious.

”Uh-… thanks. I was wondering why you kinda ran off like that…” He answered, carefully, and took back the pouch of money/bartering goods from the Netherkin whilst pretending to ignore the bloodied glove. ”Could you do me a favour and … well, next time something like this happens could you just … y’know, just tell me instead of leaving me in the dark?

Anyway-…”

He paused, and turned to look back to Jenner’s hut. He inadvertently thought like that for a moment.

”The negotiations have been going pretty good, I think – considering this is the first time I’ve bargained with a Pactmaker and all.” He turned back to Voth, ”We just got to the point of finalising the payments … which is kinda how I realised I didn’t have the money. So … well, are you okay with waiting around outside for a bit? I kinda want to try and finish the negotiations by myself since you said it’d be a good learning experience and sh** for me to do this without your input … and I kinda don’t want to throw the guy off because you showed up.

… No offense.”

The Therian blinked slowly and awaited the answer, keeping all of his thoughts completely internal. He honestly had no idea whether Voth would agree to it and let him finish the deal with Jenner unimpeded or if … well, it would get awkward.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information