AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What is the likelyhood of another terror attack in the near future?

Senior Member Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-18-2023 05:24 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: What is the likelyhood of another terror attack in the near future?

Quote Originally Posted by DeathBlade/13.666 View Post
    Unless you have proof that every teacher
    It doesn't have to be every teacher. Young people will go through multiple teachers and multiple schools. It's no secret that the teaching community is going to be more welcoming of Democrat teachers and less so of Republican ones.

Forever Bound. DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Dodge Viper SRT10 Beer Movie Ticket
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-23-2023 10:57 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ChaosFluffy Steam ID: ChaosFluffy

Quote Originally Posted by Wio View Post
    It doesn't have to be every teacher. Young people will go through multiple teachers and multiple schools. It's no secret that the teaching community is going to be more welcoming of Democrat teachers and less so of Republican ones.
    So then what you're saying is purely anecdotal and circumstantial.
    Good ol' Dogs never Die, they just keepin on livin' till their time comes.

I was born in AF Chat, molded by it, I didn't see AnimeForum until a few years after I decided to register my username.

Member z3y2x1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past z3y2x1's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-02-2013 12:35 AM
    Threads

And it also depends on the politics of the region.
    Last edited by z3y2x1; 07-03-2013 at 09:26 PM.

Senior Member Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

So then what you're saying is purely anecdotal and circumstantial.
    I didn't give any anecdotes, though I could if you want me to do so.

Circumstantial doesn't really make sense in this context, because we're not talking about an incident.

Quote Originally Posted by z3y2x1 View Post
    And it also depends on the politics of the region.
    There are lots of different factors. For primary education there just isn't enough room in the curriculum for propaganda, while in University is going to classes dedicated to it. Urban areas are more likely to have stronger unions than rural areas. However even in more conservative regions, you're not going to have Republican donating unions. So it's varying degrees of bias, but mainly in one direction.
    Last edited by Wio; 07-03-2013 at 09:34 PM.

~Neko Neko Neko~ KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls's Avatar
    Gil
    Bookworm
    Gifts Cookie Four Leaf Clover
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-19-2014 02:19 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

This thread... holy ****.. This is why I hate political arguments and Politics in general, Let's all be friends

Forever Bound. DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

I didn't give any anecdotes, though I could if you want me to do so.

Circumstantial doesn't really make sense in this context, because we're not talking about an incident.
    Ok then, so I used the wrong words here. Either way, you can't properly support your claim of generalizing teacher, unions, and democrats all supporting each other and thus creating a general bias with youngsters in politics in every school in the nation.

I was born in AF Chat, molded by it, I didn't see AnimeForum until a few years after I decided to register my username.

Gil
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Ok then, so I used the wrong words here. Either way, you can't properly support your claim of generalizing teacher, unions, and democrats all supporting each other and thus creating a general bias with youngsters in politics in every school in the nation.
    I'm not unable to support my claim. I'm not very concerned about finding empirical evidence for things that are obvious to me, nor am I very motivated to spend hours digging up studies and statistics that you'll probably ignore or dismiss for a trivial reason anyway.

But even keeping things on a theoretical level, you haven't really pointed out any single part of my claim which is not logically sound. Instead you're just saying that I'm not proving it property and insisting that my claim has to be universally true when it is admittedly a generalization.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

I'm not unable to support my claim. I'm not very concerned about finding empirical evidence for things that are obvious to me, nor am I very motivated to spend hours digging up studies and statistics that you'll probably ignore or dismiss for a trivial reason anyway.

But even keeping things on a theoretical level, you haven't really pointed out any single part of my claim which is not logically sound. Instead you're just saying that I'm not proving it property and insisting that my claim has to be universally true when it is admittedly a generalization.
    Ok then, So you want me to show you a plethora of students that are still republicans and many die-hard republicans at that even though they have had a number of teachers with varying political ideologies. Come to Prattville, Alabama then; I'll show you the high school, and you can see and question the students and staff yourself. The reason I know your generalization is false is because of my heavily Republican state, where the normal current political views are practically everything RainyDayMan just stated earlier in this thread. Now I can only cover the ideology portion of your claims. I don't have the ability to examine the spending and donations of the teacher's unions/associations in my state, nor can I infer to whether the donations are going to Democrats, Republicans, or any political group, party, or issue. But I can definitely tell you that being a Democrat in Alabama is a pain in the rear, especially when Obama was elected and re-elected. Thus I can theorize myself that if they have given any donations to any political groups/parties, it's must likely the Republican Party seeming that in the last election Democrats barely won anything in the state, and as far as political campaigning went there was very little democrats I could even vote for on the ballot. (I believe it was about a 1 Democrat - 3 Republican average statewide. Thus my Democrat only ballot had very little to choose from as opposed to the Republican only ballot) If fact the only Democratic ads I recall seeing was one for Bob Vance and one for Lucy Baxley, whereas the Republicans had ads everywhere. I'd even go so far to submit to you that in other "Red" or "Republican" states, especially in the Southeast, things aren't too far different from what you'd find here.
    Last edited by DeathBlade/13.666; 07-03-2013 at 10:34 PM.

Senior Member RainyDayMan has a reputation beyond repute RainyDayMan has a reputation beyond repute RainyDayMan has a reputation beyond repute RainyDayMan has a reputation beyond repute RainyDayMan has a reputation beyond repute RainyDayMan has a reputation beyond repute RainyDayMan has a reputation beyond repute RainyDayMan has a reputation beyond repute RainyDayMan has a reputation beyond repute RainyDayMan has a reputation beyond repute RainyDayMan has a reputation beyond repute RainyDayMan's Avatar
    Gil
    Devilish
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-17-2014 11:12 PM
    Charleston, South Carolina, Confederate States of America
    Threads

Oh? What about the words of Jefferson himself from his memoirs? http://www.confederatepastpresent.or...ion-and-fusion Has for Lincoln, first you have to understand that issue of Slavery was a big political issue at the time. With that being said, he stated wouldn't opposed the Corwin Amendment should it be ratified, because the subject goes beyond what the then-current Constitution covered. Here's his inaugral address that explains that. http://www.bartleby.com/124/pres31.html Now if he hated blacks as you stated, then why on earth would he bother setting forth on the 13th amendment? After all, he only did the Emancipation Proclamation to get back at the South, and free their slaves. Where's your proof that Lincoln was racist, btw?

EITHER way, This topic's about terrorist attacks and we're getting off-topic. So Let's continue our discussion elsewhere.
    Where's his Proof that Jefferson Davis was racist? You seem intent on going off only on me for some Reason. I am sick of arguing with his Butt. You handle it.

And I never called Lincoln a Racist not in Sarcasm. I only said he was a vicious white Supremacist. Just read "Lincoln Reconsidered", "The Real Lincoln", or "America's Caesar" and see what Lincoln himself said about Blacks.

I do not believe that Lincoln was a Racist because Racism is not a nineteenth-century social Norm. Racism of today was not what it was in a past Millenium.
    Last edited by RainyDayMan; 07-03-2013 at 11:24 PM.

"Let us enjoy the Rain together. My Umbrella is always open for you. Knowing me is knowing never having to say goodbye. It never stops raining, does it?"

Gil
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Ok then, So you want me to show you a plethora of students that are still republicans and many die-hard republicans at that even though they have had a number of teachers with varying political ideologies. Come to Prattville, Alabama then; I'll show you the high school, and you can see and question the students and staff yourself. The reason I know your generalization is false is because of my heavily Republican state, where the normal current political views are practically everything RainyDayMan just stated earlier in this thread. Now I can only cover the ideology portion of your claims. I don't have the ability to examine the spending and donations of the teacher's unions/associations in my state, nor can I infer to whether the donations are going to Democrats, Republicans, or any political group, party, or issue. But I can definitely tell you that being a Democrat in Alabama is a pain in the rear, especially when Obama was elected and re-elected. Thus I can theorize myself that if they have given any donations to any political groups/parties, it's must likely the Republican Party seeming that in the last election Democrats barely won anything in the state, and as far as political campaigning went there was very little democrats I could even vote for on the ballot. (I believe it was about a 1 Democrat - 3 Republican average statewide. Thus my Democrat only ballot had very little to choose from as opposed to the Republican only ballot) If fact the only Democratic ads I recall seeing was one for Bob Vance and one for Lucy Baxley, whereas the Republicans had ads everywhere. I'd even go so far to submit to you that in other "Red" or "Republican" states, especially in the Southeast, things aren't too far different from what you'd find here.
    I'm not going to disagree with you that there are red states exist, that Republican students exist, or that a young people aren't capable of thinking for themselves. I acknowledge that some schools are going to be a lot less liberal than others. I didn't phrase things right if that is what you took from my original claim.

The claim I was getting at originally is that young people are going more likely to be Democrats rather than Republican, and this is largely due to educational institutions being more left leaning. There are various reasons why the educational system is left leaning besides "Democrats are always right" and "the truth has a liberal bias". Such reasons would be things like teachers unions and the fact that public schools are funded by the government, and democrats are always advocating for more educational funding.

Interestingly enough, red states like Alabama don't create unions which donate to Republicans, instead they simply have much lower unionization rates in general. The teachers are more likely to be a Republican than they would in a state like California. Even so, the Republican ideology in red states is perpetuated by the parents and the churches, but not so much through the schools.

Democrats take pride in the fact that there is a correlation between education (i.e. being in an educational institution) and being progressive. There is also a well known correlation between income and begin conservative. When you are younger, you're highly likely to be in an educational institution and have a low income, where as the older you get the less likely you'll be in an educational institution and the more likely you have a good salary.
    Last edited by Wio; 07-03-2013 at 11:53 PM.

souless dreamer dragoninja has a reputation beyond repute dragoninja has a reputation beyond repute dragoninja has a reputation beyond repute dragoninja has a reputation beyond repute dragoninja has a reputation beyond repute dragoninja has a reputation beyond repute dragoninja has a reputation beyond repute dragoninja has a reputation beyond repute dragoninja has a reputation beyond repute dragoninja has a reputation beyond repute dragoninja has a reputation beyond repute dragoninja's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-13-2015 01:18 AM
    Threads

`fear causes suffering. it also makes us more aware and observant but dulls our ability to make sound judgments. we are quick to judge. is war stupid? did war bring a world economy? ya in a bloody kinda way it did. war makes us a race weak and hollow and no better than the terrorists that get off on conrtoling a entire mass of people who belive they have to lock there doors all the time to be safe. its insanity and sadly enough it works. people live in fear

beauty in us all
    everyone the same
    everything changes
    love is all you need
    peace happyness and wizdom forever
    music heals the soul
    learn something new everyday
    experience life
    live free

12. Likes Acid-Fang liked this post
    Too kawaii to live, too sugoi to die Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    569 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-30-2016 01:28 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Anyone in a school that receives government funding (i.e. just about all schools) is going to have teachers who are part of a teachers union that makes donations the democratic party with union dues. Young people are more exposed to pro-democrat/anti-republican opinions for obvious reasons. Obama is a democrat.
    Yeah, I am mostly a republican.. though I like Obama.

The Loyal Wolf. Acid-Fang has a reputation beyond repute Acid-Fang has a reputation beyond repute Acid-Fang has a reputation beyond repute Acid-Fang has a reputation beyond repute Acid-Fang has a reputation beyond repute Acid-Fang has a reputation beyond repute Acid-Fang has a reputation beyond repute Acid-Fang has a reputation beyond repute Acid-Fang has a reputation beyond repute Acid-Fang has a reputation beyond repute Acid-Fang has a reputation beyond repute Acid-Fang's Avatar
    Gil
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-25-2016 05:32 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Albear View Post
    Yeah, I am mostly a republican.. though I like Obama.
    It's not hard when most of what he's actually done is expound upon what his predecessors have done, even though his speeches are more liberal then his actions. Personally, I'm waiting until 2016 when I can truly say I called his presidency right and he's done absolutely nothing to change the way things are.
    Be very careful, because the wolves of life will devour your soul.

15. Likes Albear liked this post
    Senior Member RainyDayMan has a reputation beyond repute RainyDayMan has a reputation beyond repute RainyDayMan has a reputation beyond repute RainyDayMan has a reputation beyond repute RainyDayMan has a reputation beyond repute RainyDayMan has a reputation beyond repute RainyDayMan has a reputation beyond repute RainyDayMan has a reputation beyond repute RainyDayMan has a reputation beyond repute RainyDayMan has a reputation beyond repute RainyDayMan has a reputation beyond repute RainyDayMan's Avatar
    Gil
    Devilish
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-17-2014 11:12 PM
    Charleston, South Carolina, Confederate States of America
    Threads

Alabama and South Carolina are very similar in those Regards. I remember going to Prattville High School.

"Let us enjoy the Rain together. My Umbrella is always open for you. Knowing me is knowing never having to say goodbye. It never stops raining, does it?"

Closed Thread

Thread Information