AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Spice

AnimeLyrics Admin
    Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-08-2022 08:50 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics

Default Spice

http://www.animelyrics.com/anime/shokugeki/spice.htm

Line 6 -> jibu -> jibun

also, more a question directed at @Rei , but is there any particular reason why some lines begin with a capital or not?

also, https://www.animelyrics.com/anime/sa...ingfielden.htm
    Verse 6, first line, you -> your

also, https://www.animelyrics.com/anime/rmktar/blowout.htm
    Spaces in English lines have been replaced with block character (I presume because JIS space)

AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei's Avatar
    Gil
    Psychadelic
    Gifts Favorite Bioshock Syringe Bioshock Eve
    Mentioned
    274 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-27-2019 06:35 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: aozorapen

Default Re: Spice

@Fuukanou ah in the case of this song, it's due to the presence of commas connecting what would otherwise be separate sentences. I changed the capitalization to reflect that.

できねぇ時?
    そん時ゃ諸共心中だよ

AnimeLyrics Admin
    Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics

Oh, I missed that, cool.

Also let's put some more edits in here as well because I feel weird making so many threads:
    https://www.animelyrics.com/doujin/vocaloid/qdwdx.htm
    Penultimate line, na kara -> nagara, same for kanji か to が

Edit again:
    Might as well ask some questions that I've been wondering for a while now:
    - Say there is a song that's cross-posted in two categories (like an anime song would also be under J-Pop depending on performer), and one is translated but the other isn't. Is it okay to post a different translation to the one that's already there on one, or should I bring this up to have the translation cross posted as well for consistency?
    - If there is an official translation available for a song, is that preferred over a user translation? What about if there's already a user translation for something that has an official translation?
    - How often do translations get rejected, both because two people post the same translation and just in general? What causes a reject?
    - What is the criterion (that's how bad the translation / phrasing is / other factors) for a translation to be considered for a retranslation?
    Last edited by Fuukanou; 09-04-2017 at 09:54 PM.

AnimeLyrics Admin
    EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-25-2020 10:24 AM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: xenographer Steam ID: xen0glossy

>Say there is a song that's cross-posted in two categories (like an anime song would also be under J-Pop depending on performer), and one is translated but the other isn't. Is it okay to post a different translation to the one that's already there on one, or should I bring this up to have the translation cross posted as well for consistency?

Officially, the same translation should be cross-posted, but if you don't point it out to me I'll probably never notice, so you're not going to get in trouble or anything for submitting a new translation. I have to confess that I've occasionally taken advantage of things not being cross-posted to submit translations when I don't like the current one but it's not outright wrong enough to replace/submit a correction for.

> If there is an official translation available for a song, is that preferred over a user translation? What about if there's already a user translation for something that has an official translation?

It's not preferred--we accept official translations, but will not reject unofficial translations in favor of them or replace existing unofficial translations if an official one appears.

>How often do translations get rejected, both because two people post the same translation and just in general? What causes a reject?

Fairly regularly, especially when a new batch of anime OP/ED singles has just come out. (If you're not submitting current-season anime themes, your likelihood of rejection goes way down.) Two people submitting the same song is the cause of the majority of rejections. Other common reasons for rejection in the primary queue (where all submissions by users who have passed at least one test go) include:

- Accidental double submission by a single translator
    - Incomplete submission (either a short version of a song being submitted before the long version is out or just accidentally having a copy/paste failure)
    - Formatting screwed up in a way that I can't fix or that would take too long to fix

If the reason for rejection is anything other than simultaneous submission by another user or accidental double submission by one person, I will PM the person to explain and usually to ask them to resubmit with whatever changes made.

In the secondary queue, where submissions from users who haven't passed either test go, by far the most common reason for rejection is that it's not the user's own work, followed by "it's a Japanese song and it is their own work, therefore they need to take the test first" and "it's not a Japanese song and it is their own work, but they straight-up admitted to having used Google Translate because they don't speak Italian/German/French/whatever." The vast majority of the secondary queue is rejected, and I don't bother PMing people about it unless it's an otherwise valid submission with some issue like the submission form chewed up and spat out the diacritics.

>What is the criterion (that's how bad the translation / phrasing is / other factors) for a translation to be considered for a retranslation?

There's no hard and fast rule, but I would say that once we're looking at significant changes to 4-5 lines, a retranslation becomes a possibility (depending on whether the original translator is still around and if they're willing to accept the criticism and fix their own translation). Clunky phrasing on its own is usually not grounds for a replacement unless it makes the meaning unclear or the English grammar is actually bad.

The nature of the errors matters somewhat in this too--it's one thing if someone has made typos or other sloppy mistakes and another if they seem to have a fundamental misunderstanding of some points of grammar or something like that.

AnimeLyrics Admin
    Gil
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics

Very interesting. Thanks for the detailed reply. I'll be sure to keep what you've said in mind.

Closed Thread

Thread Information