AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: For or Against Guns?

Senior Member Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Gifts 007 - Squirtle 258 - Mudkip Gabumon
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-26-2024 12:40 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: For or Against Guns?

Quote Originally Posted by DeathBlade/13.666 View Post
    I believe there's a little miscommunication here. @Digimon_____Sommelier , did you mean pro and anti as in whether or not we like guns? Or did you mean pro and anti as in the Pro/Anti-Gun political issue(s) currently going on today? If we're just talking like or dislike here, than yes it's a pretty black/white (or Yes/No) answer. But if we're talking politics, things get a lot more muddled. I mean a lot of people like guns but still approve of some Anti-Gun legislation or Policies by politicians.

As for me; I'm Pro-Gun, but also Pro-Common Sense. I recognize that guns are fun to shoot and great for hunting and self-defense, but some of the things are just ridiculous. No one needs an M-61 Vulcan to hunt deer, and the good guy with a gun doesn't always stop the bad guy with a gun (there are many cases where the good guy was mistaken for the bad guy by the police). That said, with the rise is Pro-Gun vs. Anti-Gun debates and very Pro-Gun legislation in the U.S. there has been a rise in pure stupidity of people with guns. Which, in turn, hasn't helped the cause when debating against Anti-Gun people. Outside of all the idiots running around with AR-15's and AK-47's (usually all semi-automatic), and dumb kids shooting themselves while taking a self with a gun. Why oh why did Congress repeal the law that forced the Social Security Administration to turn over documents of anyone deemed mentally unfit to take care of themselves to the National Instant Criminal Background Check System? I mean as Pro-Gun as I am, I don't believe that people who receive disability funds and have them managed by someone else because they are too mentally impaired to manage their own finances should be able to have a gun.
    I just do not think they're necessary. Nor do I like the use of bombs to remain a superior country. Look what happened in Sri Lanka on Easter Sunday. Nearly 300 dead. Disgusting!
    Last edited by Digimon_Sommelier; 04-22-2019 at 02:42 PM.
    My Wi-Fi, it's gone out . . .

Reservoir n00b Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke's Avatar
    Gil
    Sleepy
    Gifts Floppy Fox 149 - Dragonite
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-23-2019 10:51 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: xtycke

Quote Originally Posted by PictureGuy View Post
    We already take the license away from those using cars in an unsafe manner. Don't believe me? Try getting drunk, and then plow your car into a school bus and see what happens.
    I definitely agree that anyone who mishandles a gun shouldn't be allowed to use them (not that criminals aren't going to get behind a wheel or their hands on a gun anyway but there's only so much we can do). In fact, I'm also strongly in favor of a class/test to be able to purchase a gun in the first place, much like getting a license to drive.

Forever Bound. DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Dodge Viper SRT10 Beer Movie Ticket
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-23-2023 10:57 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ChaosFluffy Steam ID: ChaosFluffy

Quote Originally Posted by Digimon_____Sommelier View Post
    I just do not think they're necessary. Nor do I like the use of bombs to remain a superior country. Look what happened in Sri Lanka on Easter Sunday. Nearly 300 dead. Disgusting!
    The necessity of guns outside of war has been driven down a lot. Outside of hunting and practice, they don't get a lot of use. in terms of protection against other humans, the arguments are vague and don't have any analytical data to support or oppose any side. in terms of protection against animals, it doesn't make sense in areas in most of the US, particularly the urban areas. But in some areas in the US it does help. In the South with snakes, the north with bears, or Alaska with anything...

I don't mind people having guns for hunting, but I also think that the US should be like Germany where people have to practice at the range, prove they know how to operate a gun safely, and be held accountable for their actions. But I also believe some parts of the German gun laws are a bit much, like have to qualify for every gun you own and operate regardless of type, make, or model.
    Good ol' Dogs never Die, they just keepin on livin' till their time comes.

I was born in AF Chat, molded by it, I didn't see AnimeForum until a few years after I decided to register my username.

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-25-2024 08:51 PM
    Threads

Don't you need a gun license too? And don't they make you not carry if you misuse guns or commit crimes?
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

Reservoir n00b Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke's Avatar
    Gil
    Sleepy
    Gifts Floppy Fox 149 - Dragonite
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-23-2019 10:51 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: xtycke

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_n View Post
    Don't you need a gun license too? And don't they make you not carry if you misuse guns or commit crimes?
    Depends on where you live in regards to the license. Additionally, criminals gonna criminal, so no one can make anyone not carry a gun - those laws only make it more difficult to legally obtain one and have a harsher punishment if caught with one, but I have to say my experience purchasing guns in Colorado was too easy - my husband bought it, picked it up (so only he had the background test) and handed it to me. I wouldn't have any issues making the purchase myself since I don't have a record, but there's very little stopping me or my husband (or anyone else) from purchasing and selling a gun for a profit to someone who can't legally obtain it otherwise.

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-25-2024 08:51 PM
    Threads

Making things liek guns and drugs and prostitution illegal just makes them more dangerous.
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Screwdriver Chameleon Rageface
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-26-2024 10:39 AM
    Threads

"Liek" guns and prostitutes?

Do you mean "Lick" guns and prostitutes?

Sorry.

Palace of the Fans, Cincinnati

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information