AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: did I receive a bootleg of Whisper of the Heart?

Junior Member therealjoeben is on a distinguished road therealjoeben's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-19-2011 03:42 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default did I receive a bootleg of Whisper of the Heart?

So, here's what threw me off immediately, my dvd case artwork has the blue "Disney Presents A Studio Ghibli Film" banner across the top which, as far as I can tell Disney released Ghibli films did not use till 2010 when Ponyo was released and my dvd clearly says "2006 DVD release" and should have had the red banner across the top. I also did a websearch to see if I could find pictures of the cover artwork, and there are some sites that have pictures of the blue banner edition that I received, but they are all dvd "wholesale" sites selling the Whisper of the Heart dvd's for $3 (which has to be a bootleg, right?).

It still strikes me as odd that a bootlegger would go through the trouble of updating the cover artwork to match the current releases when the dvd in question doesn't have a recent official release.

My copy also has playback issues which I did not realize at first and made the movie terribly confusing until I realized what was happening (the last chapter repeated itself, but the chapter starts with the main character waking up so at first I thought "oh, that was a dream then" but then the exact same thing happens again with no change) I purchased my copy off of ebay auction and I'm kinda peeved.

I'm just posting to see if anyone else has had a similar experience to back up my feelings that I received a bootleg and/or to warn others.
    thanks,
    joe ben

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Tuxedo Mask Rose Mario Question Block Pen
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2015 01:53 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: did I receive a bootleg of Whisper of the Heart?

Who are you, Guybrush Threepwood? Why do you speak like a mighty pirate of the sea?

Is today speak like a pirate day?

Hey look, Japan made a movie about me!

Senior Member Aranneas has a reputation beyond repute Aranneas has a reputation beyond repute Aranneas has a reputation beyond repute Aranneas has a reputation beyond repute Aranneas has a reputation beyond repute Aranneas has a reputation beyond repute Aranneas has a reputation beyond repute Aranneas has a reputation beyond repute Aranneas has a reputation beyond repute Aranneas has a reputation beyond repute Aranneas has a reputation beyond repute Aranneas's Avatar
    Gil
    Torn
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-19-2011 09:33 PM
    Threads

Default Re: did I receive a bootleg of Whisper of the Heart?

Quote Originally Posted by Eris View Post
    Who are you, Guybrush Threepwood? Why do you speak like a mighty pirate of the sea?

Is today speak like a pirate day?
    Yes.

Closed Thread

Thread Information