AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: this forum is dead.

Forever Bound. DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Dodge Viper SRT10 Beer Movie Ticket
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-23-2023 10:57 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ChaosFluffy Steam ID: ChaosFluffy

Default Re: this forum is dead.

@FlashD
    ^.^ I try. I'm glad my efforts are appreciated though.

Also regarding the redesigns of the sites, I don't suppose a preview/load test will be coming real soon either? You know how I love those. ;P

And @Yoko Littner , Well you got your wish. Good luck and if you need any help/advice/whatever I'm always open ^.^
    Good ol' Dogs never Die, they just keepin on livin' till their time comes.

I was born in AF Chat, molded by it, I didn't see AnimeForum until a few years after I decided to register my username.

Senior Member Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-04-2022 08:14 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FlashD View Post
    I'm not sure what you expect from us, Yoko. I have fixed an 11y old issue with descriptions, since it seems that it bothers you so much. Before last month, nobody has ever brought it up, not even we knew about it. Also, you are now mod of the general anime section. You've said that you want to fix it, so I want to see what you are going to do. Usually, I want to know what your plans are and then discuss it with Ace, but this time I'll simply go on and skip both steps. You seem to be very upset over something and I will try to help you as much as I can.

Regarding timetables, I can't really give you much. We are mostly done with the chat and can now relax a bit and look at our top priority lists. My list says that I have to build a new profile page, for the user base, and 5 other websites from scratch with a modern look, that give us enough power to manage easily and efficiently. This is something I have been working on for about 2 years now, and I will probably work on for several more months (I will deliver it when it's ready and not a second sooner). It's an extensive project that requires a lot of coding, testing and benchmarking, and I don't want to risk the server to not be able to handle it.

As for everything else, it's pretty much as the other members with some mod experiences have said. New gimmicks will not bring people to post new content, we are addressing issues that are far more important than a silly broken description nobody has noticed in 11 years, and what is probably the most relevant bit, this is not Facebook. Forums are dying and people are getting lazy. If you want a large community, people need to post, people need to discuss and people need to love what they do. You have noticed yourself in your very own example, that your 6 threads were way too much for them to handle, but you still insist that new stuff will bring new people.

You are also accusing us to not care for the forum anymore. If that was the case, today you'd be writing reviews on MAL and not here whining over small things that matter very little to a community. The main forum's feature is the ability to post, not the blog, the arcade or whatever gimmick you want to add. The power of a community lies within the community itself, not the tools they have available. Everything else, is only an extra.

And to conclude, I'd like to thank DeathBlade for his tremendous work. I really appreciate it. Thank you very much.
    To be fair, its not just me who has pointed out the flaws that circle around AF. Actually, many former and seemingly current members feel the forum lacks visual and appeal in general. I'm just more outspoken than everyone else because I feel if we stay quiet and don't say anything then the forum will stay in its current state until it closes down.

Plus, I didn't come out and say you guys didn't care about the forum. Did I? I just said I feel the chat service comes first and you guys fixed it up when it broke down. I just didn't understand why that got attention, but the problems surrounding AF didn't.

Am I upset? Other than being promised an AG update in 2013, not really. I have plenty of experience moderating and owning websites and can say this forum does lack reason to post in from an outside perspective. I hate putting the blame on the members because I feel people have tried for years and offered suggestions, but usually are ignored or get bashed for whining.

Gimmicks may not work, but fixing the forum at least gives the site a fighting chance.
    Last edited by Anime Forum; 01-25-2015 at 08:20 PM.
    Nonon Jakuzure - Best Kill la Kill bae
    Ota "The Cutest Otaku" 2016 - Lol, how's your account doing lately? Oh wait.
    Pretty damn great! #spoke2soon

Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Gifts Penguin Movie Ticket Gabumon
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-13-2024 02:28 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

All I know is that I'll keep doing what I'm assigned to do.

THERE"S HOPE GUYS!!
    Last edited by Hanamaru Kunikida; 01-25-2015 at 09:21 PM.

4. Thanks DeathBlade/13.666 thanked for this post
    Likes DeathBlade/13.666 liked this post
    Senior Member Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou+ View Post
    All I know is that I'll keep doing what I'm assigned to do.

THERE"S HOPE GUYS!!
    In the very least the anime section will look good.

Though, need to talk to the admins first.

Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Gifts Penguin Movie Ticket Gabumon
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-13-2024 02:28 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Yoko Littner View Post
    In the very least the anime section will look good.

Though, need to talk to the admins first.
    Yes.

One step at the time.

Senior Member someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast's Avatar
    Gil
    Nerdy
    Gifts Red Dango Kill Bill Katana Shuriken
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-26-2016 08:12 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Darkandiel View Post
    EDIT: Clayton's sig makes me wanna kill things too.
    The rememdy for that is to turn of Signature viewing while on the forum

---------- Post added at 11:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by FlashD View Post

And to conclude, I'd like to thank DeathBlade for his tremendous work. I really appreciate it. Thank you very much.
    I appreciate you taking the time out to respond to everyone's concern. I completely understand the virtue of patience although it be along road to walk eventually you will make it to where you are going.

Also You are spot on Deathblade has taken a leading role here in the absences of administrative presence. He is usually the first person to give a sound response that does not say eff this site, and blow it to bits cause it is a sunken ship, etc.

This place is amazing and has a lot to offer from the get go. I appreciate all that is done. I know that with the help of everyone that posts on this thread we are the ones that are probably keeping most threads active. I know that we can come together and create a tactic to tackle the problem head on and efficiently without just flamming the topics with new threads.

8. Thanks DeathBlade/13.666 thanked for this post
    Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-11-2024 06:40 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Darkandiel View Post
    EDIT: Clayton's sig makes me wanna kill things too.

Why?
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

Member Clockwork Bird has a reputation beyond repute Clockwork Bird has a reputation beyond repute Clockwork Bird has a reputation beyond repute Clockwork Bird has a reputation beyond repute Clockwork Bird has a reputation beyond repute Clockwork Bird has a reputation beyond repute Clockwork Bird has a reputation beyond repute Clockwork Bird has a reputation beyond repute Clockwork Bird has a reputation beyond repute Clockwork Bird has a reputation beyond repute Clockwork Bird has a reputation beyond repute Clockwork Bird's Avatar
    Gil
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-01-2015 08:34 AM
    Threads

I really agree with this sentiment.
    I joined wanting to get into the whole forum culture thing, but after trying to be an active poster all I do is the RP (and that is already hard enough since everyone posts when I sleep)
    All credit to Shirosenpai from Otaku Central

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Well I'm here because a lot of sites like this I was on closed... and because I'm rather infamous on others. Ask about me on Animenation or anime-forums and see what happens. *Evil Grin* Plus hey, this place is kind of cool when people bother to participate rather than whine.
    Last edited by Clayton_n; 01-26-2015 at 02:39 PM.
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

12. Likes someoneofforumpast liked this post
    Senior Member someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast's Avatar
    Gil
    Nerdy
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_n View Post
    Well I'm here because a lot of sites like this I was on closed... and because I'm rather infamous on others. Ask about me on Animenation or anime-forums and see what happens. *Evil Grin* Plus hey, this place is kind of cool when people bother to participate rather than whine.

I agree

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

And yet... you're rather monosyllabic.

SPEAK! Use words! Preferable in complete sentences! Silence isn't helping.

Gil
    Nerdy
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

And yet... you're rather monosyllabic.

SPEAK! Use words! Preferable in complete sentences! Silence isn't helping.

I disagree on that. I simply stated that I agreed with you. I didn't feel the need to elaborate on what I was agreeing with seeing as it is pretty self explanatory to the fact that I quoted what I agreed too. Nothing further needs to be said otherwise I am just rambling.

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I know, I'm just trying to get some action around here. And look, it worked.

Gil
    Nerdy
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Lol it is not good to want to start a flame war that is different than actual action where there is constructive talk. But you got me.

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Hey flame wars are one thing (As iCarley proved). Arguments are kinda fun. Who wants to talk with someone who agrees with everything? And what are guys like Animedude for if not to give everyone else a target?
    Last edited by Clayton_n; 01-28-2015 at 11:54 AM. Reason: Yes, this isn't allowed for site rules and staff discretion as well...

19. Dislikes DeathBlade/13.666 disliked this post
    Forever Bound. DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Dodge Viper SRT10 Beer Movie Ticket
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-23-2023 10:57 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ChaosFluffy Steam ID: ChaosFluffy

Badgering folks isn't a productive way to get people talking. It's more apt to push people away from the discussion, in fact. Even still, it's not a good idea to brag about being banned on other sites as the reason your here. It tends to make some get the lowdown from the other sites and puts you on the short list, whether you deserve it or not. Especially because many believe when some brag about being banned, they're more apt to break rules and get banned here. Don't believe me? Then ask the other 60 idiots that have done this since 2004... =/

Now, I agree that a post of "I agree" or "I don't like it" isn't really productive (especially when the thanks, like, dislike, and rep systems are available) for a discussion, but I'm not gonna bust someone's balls over it unless that's all they ever say. If they've already put in a good amount towards a discussion, then making one post consisting of "I agree" is fine with me. If they want to elaborate on it, it's on them. Now if one is only posting short posts like "yea" or "totes agree" or even "no wai!"; then I'll inform them to start making more worth while posts, if for nothing else than they be taken more seriously.

Finally, has I've already edited your post, I'll take the time to remind folks that advertising is a no-no, even if you're advertising your own threads on AF in other peoples threads. That's simply not cool, yo. horrendous put a good bit of effort into making this thread, if even just to complain about activity; and there actually has been a substantial amount of progress made because of it. So trying to derail the thread just so you can promote an old dead thread of yours won't be tolerated. And that goes for anyone, not just Clayton, or any other thread.

P.S.: You can hate on VG, but to me you're just a wannabe VG.
    Good ol' Dogs never Die, they just keepin on livin' till their time comes.

I was born in AF Chat, molded by it, I didn't see AnimeForum until a few years after I decided to register my username.

Gil
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Ironically, comments like these debunk any chance of conversation. Actually, I'm astounded that so many people here take criticism or conversations like these as "whining".

Using whining in an argument is just a scapegoat to avoid actual debating on this topic because a good chunk of criticism here is actually correct.

If anything, this "whining" just saved the anime section.

Don't you feel wise?

Senior Member Shotcookie13512 is a splendid one to behold Shotcookie13512 is a splendid one to behold Shotcookie13512 is a splendid one to behold Shotcookie13512 is a splendid one to behold Shotcookie13512 is a splendid one to behold Shotcookie13512 is a splendid one to behold Shotcookie13512 is a splendid one to behold Shotcookie13512 is a splendid one to behold Shotcookie13512's Avatar
    Gil
    Chatty
    Gifts Systems Xbox 360 Controller Kawaii Ice Cream Cone Jigsaw Ribbon
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-04-2016 07:22 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Shotcookie13512

don't give up hope guys!

Kind boy/Nanobyte's minion Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Gifts Uranus Henshin Pen Pen Coffee
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-02-2022 11:54 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Mystelinth

Never gave up hope to begin with. Lets all bask in my hope.

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Ironically, comments like these debunk any chance of conversation. Actually, I'm astounded that so many people here take criticism or conversations like these as "whining".

And yet I got several comments off of it... and people agreeing with me.

Criticism is whining. Unless you have "constructive criticism" in which you can give a detailed and working way to make it better.

teed's Puppy International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818's Avatar
    Gil
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-07-2020 05:11 PM
    Threads

If you take the hood out of the forum it ain't gunna be fun

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

You're
    so street
    when you say that.

Hey the new sarcasm font works!

Last edited by Clayton_n; 01-28-2015 at 03:21 PM.

Gil
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

And yet I got several comments off of it... and people agreeing with me.

Criticism is whining. Unless you have "constructive criticism" in which you can give a detailed and working way to make it better.
    Though, in general claiming people are whining and telling them to stop complaining (have seen it here already) is a conversation debunker and is very ironic. Like I said, this "whining" in this thread was able to save the anime section which is possibly the best thing that happened to this forum in maybe the last three years.

You can act like some wise sage over there, but the the only ones who take you seriously are the newer members because mostly everyone else realizes how unwise most of your posts on AF have been.

Gil
    Nerdy
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Though, in general claiming people are whining and telling them to stop complaining (have seen it here already) is a conversation debunker and is very ironic. Like I said, this "whining" in this thread was able to save the anime section which is possibly the best thing that happened to this forum in maybe the last three years.

You can act like some wise sage over there, but the the only ones who take you seriously are the newer members because mostly everyone else realizes how unwise most of your posts on AF have been.
    I resent that remark. I don't take him serious one bit. He to me is much like Animedude just a tad bit tolerable.

29. Likes DeathBlade/13.666 liked this post
    teed's Puppy International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818's Avatar
    Gil
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-07-2020 05:11 PM
    Threads

But I like my clay clay.

Closed Thread

Thread Information