AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: If I knew then what I know now...

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-25-2024 08:51 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default If I knew then what I know now...

If you could go back in time and tell yourself stuff about your own future without causing the universe to be destroyed, what advice would you give the younger you? Start with the top 10 and work your way up.

Examples:

1. Screw high school. Learn to speak Japanese and how to pilot a cruise ship.

2. no matter what they tell you a minor's therapist is NOT legally required to keep anything you tell them from your parents.

3. Call in a bomb threat on the World Trade Tower on September 11th 2001 at 8:00 AM Eastern Standard time and get them to evacuated the building. (From a phone booth)

God I'm old...

4. Invest in T-mobil in 2000

5. Don't listen to the Junior High Sex Ed teacher. At all. Do your own research.

6. Steal my elementary school 80s computers and floppy discs, keep them in storage until 2020. Sell them to companies that want to secure their information from hackers.

7. Sell the information on y2k in 1998

8. Stop the government from making it a requirement for TV to show educational programming and thus destroying morning/Saturday cartoons.

9. Stop my dog from getting loose and then shot chasing that horse.

10. Explain to my mom that her taste in men sucks and she needs to start dating women. (her first husband she wouldn't talk about, my dad was a 45 year old bartender when she was 21, and my younger sister's dad... well we last say him as we fled into the night and hid out at a hotel. Don't even ask about the boyfriends... like Kayak jack who lived on the beach in his truck...) Also to stop smoking and drinking. (kicked it at 45)

Last edited by Clayton_n; 07-28-2021 at 05:26 PM.
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

Member RZ. is on a distinguished road RZ.'s Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-27-2021 07:50 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: LickleGrimes

Default Re: If I knew then what I know now...

In no particular order...

1. Stop drinking 2.5L of cola everyday, you're going to destroy your body.

2. None of the girls you currently have a crush on are going to be nice people so stop worrying about it.

3. You don't really want to have sex, you just think you have to.

4. Our mum is going to throw away that box full of football magazines we spent half a decade collecting and you aren't going to realise until they're long gone. Stop her before she does!

5. Write down the names of these following celebrities and the corresponding dates, then write a series of social media statuses predicting the dates of their deaths to cement the idea that you are an oracle.

6. Don't rap battle that kid in Year 10 it makes you look really dumb.

7. For the love of christ, no matter how much you think you want to do Chemistry, Physics and Maths at college - YOU DON'T. Take Politics, History and Sociology because you're actually good at those subjects.

8. Make the most of your time with the cats because they don't always stick around as long as we think they will.

9. 2014-15 Season. Place a bet on Leicester to win the Premier League. Any amount will do.

10. Don't lend that rent money to your future girlfriend. Just don't do it.
    I have an Anilist now:

https://anilist.co/user/TheRealRZ/

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by RZ. View Post
    In no particular order...

5. Write down the names of these following celebrities and the corresponding dates, then write a series of social media statuses predicting the dates of their deaths to cement the idea that you are an oracle.

Wait... i could save Phil Hartman!
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

4. Likes CapnJack liked this post
    Senior Member дух has a reputation beyond repute дух has a reputation beyond repute дух has a reputation beyond repute дух has a reputation beyond repute дух has a reputation beyond repute дух has a reputation beyond repute дух has a reputation beyond repute дух has a reputation beyond repute дух has a reputation beyond repute дух has a reputation beyond repute дух has a reputation beyond repute дух's Avatar
    Gil
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-29-2021 06:26 AM
    Threads

01. Leave drugs, tobacco, and alcohol alone.
    02. Take your music more seriously.
    03. Don't self-sabotage.
    04. Leave relationships/women alone. Focus on yourself instead.
    05. Understand you're living in your prime. Do something with it.
    06. Understand your loved ones will not be around forever. Enjoy their company.
    07. Go to trade school right out of high school and pick one, then excel at it.
    08. Don't depend on others for your happiness. It will leave you hollow and without purpose when it inevitably ends.
    09. Take physical health/diet more seriously. It adds up.
    10. Understand that it only gets harder and more tragic. Learn to become stoic and prevent yourself from being in hard/heartbreaking situations that you can/could have avoided.

Senior Member Tsundere Magus will become famous soon enough Tsundere Magus's Avatar
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-22-2021 07:17 AM
    Threads

1) Do not wait. Time is too precious to spend it on waiting.

2) Give your efforts only to those who are worthy. If they are not being nice, why keep doing so?

3) Stop mom and dad before the fall into huge mistakes you are going to regret later.

4) Love is a precious feeling. Take care of it. Do not let it consume you.

5) Making a wrong decision is never definitive. Do not fear walking back and choosing a better path.

6) Do not let others tell you who you are, or what you can like or enjoy.

7) Love yourself. Always love yourself. Nobody is going to love you more than yourself.

8) If you do not put enthusiasm into it, people are not going to come after you like some stubborn princess.

9) Exercise is your ally. And not just for your body, but for your mood as well.

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Screwdriver Chameleon Rageface
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-26-2024 10:39 AM
    Threads

Too much information.

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by PictureGuy View Post
    Too much information.
    So what would you do?

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Go to a different college. Don't ask me why. That would take a novel.

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Go to a different college. Don't ask me why. That would take a novel.
    Why?

Viva la Touhou !!!!! CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack's Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-25-2022 10:53 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: SabotageDaemon

1. Your health. Take care of EVERYTHING! From teeth to toes.

2. Grow your hair out sooner and manage it better.

3. Stop thinking you HAVE to lend your family money just because you don't have bigger plans with it yet. Neither will they decades later.

4. Don't wait till your almost 40 to get behind the wheel.

5. Waiting for fate to send you "the one" to enter into your life is fine. Doesn't mean you can't spend some time socializing with others before it happens.

6. Look up Asperger's Syndrome before if becomes a joke phrase. (Pretend you read this one first. The rest might make sense.)

7. Graphics, games, and computers is actually a great thing, but food is cheaper to buy and create with. But don't give up anime. DON'T!

8. Get all your nostalgia out of your system in your teens, because your 20s is going to need you to stay in the present. Being sentimental can weigh you down.

9. Your mother's fears and habits will rub off on you and make you less likely to take risks.

10. Make more friends that aren't toxic in one way and toxic in another that will make you a stronger, confident person.

...11. Tell Clayton_n to make this a top 20 list thread.

------------

(Wow, this got more serious the further down I went. Sorry if it depressed anyone.)
    Last edited by CapnJack; 08-03-2021 at 11:09 PM.

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by CapnJack View Post
    ...11. Tell Clayton_n to make this a top 20 list thread.

------------

(Wow, this got more serious the further down I went. Sorry if it depressed anyone.)
    Nobody said you had to stop at ten.

Senior Member sirius707 can only hope to improve sirius707's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-13-2023 04:20 AM
    Threads

take things less seriously

Viva la Touhou !!!!! CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack's Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-25-2022 10:53 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: SabotageDaemon

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_n View Post
    Nobody said you had to stop at ten.

If I read it correctly...

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_n View Post
    ...Start with the top 10 and work your way up.

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

You. i said START with the top ten. You can keep going.

Member Rave_Grip has a reputation beyond repute Rave_Grip has a reputation beyond repute Rave_Grip has a reputation beyond repute Rave_Grip has a reputation beyond repute Rave_Grip has a reputation beyond repute Rave_Grip has a reputation beyond repute Rave_Grip has a reputation beyond repute Rave_Grip has a reputation beyond repute Rave_Grip has a reputation beyond repute Rave_Grip has a reputation beyond repute Rave_Grip has a reputation beyond repute Rave_Grip's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-06-2022 03:44 AM
    Threads

If I had to summarise some of the things I've learned:
    - everything is impermanent, accept change however they come and choose your attitude towards them wisely
    - people come and go, memories and moments are to be reflected upon and learned from; don't use them for escapism
    - you're only human, life can be absurd so don't hate yourself for not getting things perfect
    - develop inner strength, courage and confidence

Senior Member ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-14-2024 08:26 PM
    Threads

How far can we go back.

Anyway.

1. Invest in bitcoin
    2. Tell myself some lotto numbers
    3. Results of sports events
    Check out my anime reviews at: [URL="http://www.youtube.com/users/hajimenojmo[/URL] and http://blog.honeyfeed.fm/

18. Likes ZetaCancri liked this post
    Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

^ Stay away from bitcoins. They are backed by no government and are not legal tender. It's a conman's plaything.

Palace of the Fans, Cincinnati

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

^ Stay away from bitcoins. They are backed by no government and are not legal tender. It's a conman's plaything.
    Uh to be fair you just describe ALL US currency...

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

^ US currency is not legal tender? It is backed by the good faith and credit of the US government -- at least as long as the government does not default.

Palace of the Fans, Cincinnati

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by pictureguy View Post
    good faith and credit of the us government.
    hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

WOW!!!! Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa's Avatar
    Gil
    sunshine
    Gifts AK47 American Flag Ribbon Systems N64
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2023 04:18 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: WootenClen

god, just two things:

1: don't do drugs at the themepark in 2014

2: start mining bitcoin in 2010 like your friend suggested

Just these two things would change my life so drastically I'd be a different person today.

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I'd stop the government from passing that educational entertainment law that ended Saturday morning cartoons...

25. Likes Digimon_Sommelier liked this post
+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information