AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: Cigarettes: Should they be banned?

Senior Member Shotcookie13512 is a splendid one to behold Shotcookie13512 is a splendid one to behold Shotcookie13512 is a splendid one to behold Shotcookie13512 is a splendid one to behold Shotcookie13512 is a splendid one to behold Shotcookie13512 is a splendid one to behold Shotcookie13512 is a splendid one to behold Shotcookie13512 is a splendid one to behold Shotcookie13512's Avatar
    Gil
    Chatty
    Gifts Systems Xbox 360 Controller Kawaii Ice Cream Cone Jigsaw Ribbon
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-04-2016 07:22 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Shotcookie13512

Default Re: Cigarettes: Should they be banned?

cigarettes are really nasty and they destroy your body.

AF Lurker Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Snowman Hedgehog Pocky
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-17-2018 06:17 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Zainox-

Without reading the rest of the thread, I say yes. But, within reason. If you just plain ol' take it away, your gonna have a bunch of nicotine depraved, raging people on your hands. That isn't good. You would have to slowly take them off the shelves and give PLENTY of notice before hand as well as help for those now quitting. But cigarettes would never truly be gone, they would just go 'underground' and be sold around illegally like drugs. The government also makes too much money off of the tax they get from cigarettes to even consider taking it off of the shelves.

MY ANIME-PLANET WATCH LIST

AF FAMILY
    Astral_Mage - Younger Brother/Confetti Brother
    horrendous - Older Brother
    1nterest1ng - Confetti Brother

The warrior of time aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Bear Bleach Zangetsu Katana
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2015 10:29 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: aether370

Here in the UK it is against the law to smoke inside of public buildings such as restaurants, shops etc however food establishments usually provide a smoking area outside in a garden of sorts unless they are far inside a big shopping centre then you can't smoke at all. Even the e-cigarette has rather dubious allowances as to whether you can use them inside or not for example where I work we don't allow customers to use them inside and must ask the user to go outside to use them. Since its much easier to do that than to put in a list of whats allowed and whats not since there are many varieties which look different.

Senior Member Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage's Avatar
    Gil
    Relaxed
    Gifts Pizza Manekineko Headphones
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-23-2017 07:54 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: zer0_rec0il

It is impossible to ban cigarettes, I think a better idea is to regulate the sales & set certain rules regarding cigarettes consumption such as designated smoking areas & banning smoking in public areas

WOW!!!! Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa's Avatar
    Gil
    sunshine
    Gifts AK47 American Flag Ribbon Systems N64
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2023 04:18 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: WootenClen

I'm against banning cigarettes, not because I'm a smoker, but because of the ridiculous notion that anyone has any right to tell you what you can and cant put into your own body. I don't like the idea of some fat officials sitting somewhere in a think tank deciding what civilians can consume, as if they own you. It's the same reason I think drugs and other such things should be legal.

The warrior of time aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Kumagawa View Post
    I'm against banning cigarettes, not because I'm a smoker, but because of the ridiculous notion that anyone has any right to tell you what you can and cant put into your own body. I don't like the idea of some fat officials sitting somewhere in a think tank deciding what civilians can consume, as if they own you. It's the same reason I think drugs and other such things should be legal.

Yeah but then people wouldn't get stuff done as they'd be stoned or high due to them taking the drugs at an inappropriate time of the day. Plus I wouldn't want them then to go driving on the roads (shudders in fear) the roads are filled with maniacs as it is.

WOW!!!! Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa's Avatar
    Gil
    sunshine
    Gifts AK47 American Flag Ribbon Systems N64
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2023 04:18 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: WootenClen

Quote Originally Posted by aether View Post
    Yeah but then people wouldn't get stuff done as they'd be stoned or high due to them taking the drugs at an inappropriate time of the day.
    And that's entirely their own choice. Adults don't need to be babied by other adults. Who cares if they want to get high? Laws aren't exactly stopping them anyway, otherwise there would be 0 drug addicts right now. As we all know, that is entirely not the case and still the world continues on merrily.
    The only thing a ban on certain substances accomplishes to add more workload to the police-force and waste the collective judicial system's effort of having to process countless of stupid little drug use cases, while criminalizing otherwise innocent people who would do nobody any harm.

To add to that, if people go to work drunk they will be fired. Alcohol is readily available, but there still isn't mass unemployment.
    Why would it be different when other stuff becomes legal?

Also, there's no stopping the government to create anti-drug campaigns in schools to inform children and young adults about the consequences of drug use (In fact that already exists, stuff like the DARE program. )

Quote Originally Posted by aether View Post
    Plus I wouldn't want them then to go driving on the roads (shudders in fear) the roads are filled with maniacs as it is.
    Well, there's no reason to assume that driving while high will be penalized any less than driving while drunk.

Gil
    Tired
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Yeah but some drugs have a more serious impact upon the user's perception of the environment around them some being relatively tame others quite extreme to the point that they hurt those around them physically due to paranoia.
    To be honest we need the laws in place because some people are completely unable to operate at the best of times, I mean look at the self service checkouts in supermarkets. 9 / 10 people who use them can't seem to fathom out how to scan a barcode and then place the item into the bagging area. Now imagine that person on drugs, you wouldn't be able to get anything done because those who aren't on drugs would need to be constantly checking on the other part.

Also with alcohol and such yes people do tend to have it in moderation but you still get swaths of people drinking till they puke or pass out creating problems for the health service. if people start doing stronger drugs as well like that then the emergency rooms will be hit rather hard.

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-25-2024 08:51 PM
    Threads

I say we go with Darwin and not ban them. It's a good way to eliminate idiots from the gene pool.
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

Senior Member Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage's Avatar
    Gil
    Relaxed
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_n View Post
    I say we go with Darwin and not ban them. It's a good way to eliminate idiots from the gene pool.
    Sadly enough, it doesn't just harm the user, it might cause greater harm to other people around them.

Banned Forum / Chat Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts V Guitar Electric Guitar Black Guitar
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-30-2016 08:54 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: gurutar Steam ID: gurutar2015

i smoke. i don't care what you think. shove it.

Gil
    Tired
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

And unfortunately all us non smokers keep trying to stop them from smoking putting extra strains on the health service

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Astral_Mage View Post
    Sadly enough, it doesn't just harm the user, it might cause greater harm to other people around them.

Like i said, it thins the gene pool.

Besides I don't like the direction that heads in. Keep it up and anything unhealthy gets banned. Candy. Pizza, Red meat.

We know things are bad for us and do them anyway. That should be our choice.

As for second hand smoke, the e-cigarettes seem to be solving that one.
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

Gil
    Relaxed
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Like i said, it thins the gene pool.

Besides I don't like the direction that heads in. Keep it up and anything unhealthy gets banned. Candy. Pizza, Red meat.

We know things are bad for us and do them anyway. That should be our choice.

As for second hand smoke, the e-cigarettes seem to be solving that one.
    You got many points which I can agree with, but still, rules were made for a reason & that is to keep things under control and to protect the health, safety, and well being of the general population, so whatever is good for the most is what is supposed to be followed; little sacrifices to prevent chaos.

Banned Forum / Chat Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

I hate to say it but i agree with @Clayton_n

You got many points which I can agree with, but still, rules were made for a reason & that is to keep things under control and to protect the health, safety, and well being of the general population, so whatever is good for the most is what is supposed to be followed; little sacrifices to prevent chaos.
    i disagree. there shouldn't be rules that govern what we can do with our own bodies. smoking has already been regulated all to hell with being banned from public places and heavily taxed. us buying our cigarettes generates funds for the government which in turn benefit everybody (or it's supposed to benefit everybody). so just let us smokers have our one little indulgence and don't give us any fuss about it.

16. Likes Astral_Mage liked this post
    Senior Member Nekogami has a reputation beyond repute Nekogami has a reputation beyond repute Nekogami has a reputation beyond repute Nekogami has a reputation beyond repute Nekogami has a reputation beyond repute Nekogami has a reputation beyond repute Nekogami has a reputation beyond repute Nekogami has a reputation beyond repute Nekogami has a reputation beyond repute Nekogami has a reputation beyond repute Nekogami has a reputation beyond repute Nekogami's Avatar
    Gil
    Relaxed
    Gifts Glasses White Black Cat 151 - Mew
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-17-2020 09:40 AM
    Threads

Us smokers are dying doing one thing we love: smoking. That's all there is to it.

Walk in front of me and I'll hold the smoke in and blow it somewhere else. Go apes*it on my face about smoking won't help us both. It's damn simple and yet some are taking it too far.

I rarely post, yo.

&#32
    AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 1
    RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama's Avatar
    Gil
    Where
    Gifts V Guitar Coffee Red Kawaii Ice Cream Cone
    Mentioned
    1093 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-11-2018 11:21 PM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: FunkyFresh123 Steam ID: RyuTama

What a totally random thread to revive...

Well, cigarette smoke was icky back then and it's still icky now.

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I have to go with Doctor Who on this

The Doctor: Sorry? What did you say? Did you mention the rules? Now, listen, bit of advice. Tell me the truth if you think you know it. Lay down the law if you're feeling brave. But never, ever tell me the rules!

Senior Member Darkandiel has a reputation beyond repute Darkandiel has a reputation beyond repute Darkandiel has a reputation beyond repute Darkandiel has a reputation beyond repute Darkandiel has a reputation beyond repute Darkandiel has a reputation beyond repute Darkandiel has a reputation beyond repute Darkandiel has a reputation beyond repute Darkandiel has a reputation beyond repute Darkandiel has a reputation beyond repute Darkandiel has a reputation beyond repute Darkandiel's Avatar
    Gil
    Bookworm
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-04-2018 01:47 PM
    Threads

Who would you rather kiss, a smoker, or non-smoker. That's one way of looking at it. XD

But yes, they should be banned. They ruin countless lives and it's usually because kids start smoking at a young age because it's cool, then continue to do so because they're addicted to it. People who smoke constantly are no longer in control of it... and the tobacco companies win.

The statistics show that 1 out of every 2 smokers will die of a smoking related illness. Those are friggen scary stats. This also means that smoke related illnesses are putting a strain on health services. I think there is so many other things around us that cause cancer, having one less to hurt people wouldn't exactly be bad.
    Last edited by Darkandiel; 01-24-2015 at 04:53 PM.

Not taking sig requests at the moment - sorries

My Extractions

Senior Member Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheeky
    Gifts Dodge Viper GTS Hyundai Coupe Yellow Ribbon
    Mentioned
    410 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-10-2017 10:46 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Bad_Prelude

Quote Originally Posted by Darkandiel View Post
    Who would you rather kiss, a smoker, or non-smoker. That's one way of looking at it. XD

But yes, they should be banned. They ruin countless lives and it's usually because kids start smoking at a young age because it's cool, then continue to do so because they're addicted to it. People who smoke constantly are no longer in control of it... and the tobacco companies win.

The statistics show that 1 out of every 2 smokers will die of a smoking related illness. Those are friggen scary stats. This also means that smoke related illnesses are putting a strain on health services. I think there is so many other things around us that cause cancer, having one less to hurt people wouldn't exactly be bad.
    Still doesn't kill as many people as religion.
    Hmmm... Been a while
    Sit back some time and simply ask yourself, [Link]->"Do you even lift, bro?"<-[Link]

Gil
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Darkandiel View Post

when's the last time somebody smoking directly effected you? like you saw someone smoking and thought "man, i really wish that dude would stop, it's bothering me"? i just don't understand why people like you feel the need to butt into our business. it's our choice to smoke, you don't get to be involved in any way. the next time you buy a T.V. dinner at the grocery store, i'll be sure to take it out of your cart and say "there's 1,200 milligrams of sodium in this, you're putting too much of a strain on the healthcare system."

everybody just needs to mind their own fkin business.

23. Likes Kaleohano liked this post
    Member awww-jaegerl will become famous soon enough awww-jaegerl's Avatar
    Gil
    Stressed
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-04-2015 03:53 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

No, it's not a good idea to smoke. Well over 4,000 chemicals are released from a single cigarette, holy sh*t. But... I wouldn't ban it.

I know, you're thinking I'm crazy. But chill, I mean the consequences are going to be bad if they were banned.

I mean, honestly, I don't see how it violates the Constitution. So if it doesn't, why not? People should know what they're doing to their bodies. They should be aware of the consequences and take responsibility. But the minute they start blaming tobacco companies, please. Read the side of the box.

Also, it helps depressed people. I mean, drinking isn't good but it's not banned right? Let them indulge in their own world for a while and drift off from reality. Maybe smokers do it to just get away from it all. I dunno.

There's just going to be a huge uproar about it, and I honestly don't have the patience to put up with it.

Gil
    Relaxed
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Cigarettes have been around for like forever & all what can be done about it is regulating it, everything needs regulation for things to stay in control, but its up to us at the end, we are in control of our own lives.

Senior Member Darkandiel has a reputation beyond repute Darkandiel has a reputation beyond repute Darkandiel has a reputation beyond repute Darkandiel has a reputation beyond repute Darkandiel has a reputation beyond repute Darkandiel has a reputation beyond repute Darkandiel has a reputation beyond repute Darkandiel has a reputation beyond repute Darkandiel has a reputation beyond repute Darkandiel has a reputation beyond repute Darkandiel has a reputation beyond repute Darkandiel's Avatar
    Gil
    Bookworm
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-04-2018 01:47 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by horrendous View Post
    when's the last time somebody smoking directly effected you? like you saw someone smoking and thought "man, i really wish that dude would stop, it's bothering me"? i just don't understand why people like you feel the need to butt into our business. it's our choice to smoke, you don't get to be involved in any way. the next time you buy a T.V. dinner at the grocery store, i'll be sure to take it out of your cart and say "there's 1,200 milligrams of sodium in this, you're putting too much of a strain on the healthcare system."

everybody just needs to mind their own fkin business.
    People who were very close to me died as a direct result of smoking, is that enough. One of them was a long term passive smoker. It doesn't only effect the health of the smoker, it affects people who live with them. If I could save children from getting into smoking in the first place, then I would be like... "sure, ban it." I mean almost every child in my highschool class was forced to smoke due to peer pressure. The people who manufacture cigarettes are nothing more than criminals imo. They rely on getting kids hooked. I consider it everyone's business actually since it's their children who are next to be forced into it.

I don't buy TV dinners and I don't ever use salt. I don't even have a salt container in my house. :P. Not because I am super health conscious but because I don't ever feel like I need to put extra additives on my food. I also cook my own food because I am not a lazy bastard. That's also the reason us Europeans aren't as fat as some other continent.
    Last edited by Darkandiel; 01-25-2015 at 01:44 PM.

Not taking sig requests at the moment - sorries

My Extractions

Gil
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

alright then, i'll give you the same advice i give everyone else - mind your own business.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information