AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I'd like to marry her.

🐮🔪 Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-13-2019 08:41 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default I'd like to marry her.

When will it become legal to marry anime characters in the US?

Click the banner to visit my website.

My website is still under construction, so please visit it often to see it as it grows. You may have to press F5 to refresh the page if there's something new that's not showing (in some rare cases, you may have to use Ctrl+F5). If you wish to contact me about my site and are a member of Animeforum, PM me. If you are just a guest visiting Animeforum, please use [email protected]

Senior Member .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:.'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-29-2020 04:24 PM
    Threads

Default Re: I'd like to marry her.

Quote Originally Posted by Animedude5555 View Post
    When will it become legal to marry anime characters in the US?

You know, I have a feeling this is exactly why same-sex marriage rights was delayed in the US for as long as possible; because it would lead to the likes of you pushing the government to legalise marriage between 3D humans (?) and technically non-sentient subjects. Not that I'm against same-sex marriage by the way; far from it in fact since I'm a self-proclaimed polysexual; but that's beside the point. You're talking about marrying something that can not marry you back due to a lack of consciousness, that's the real issue here. For a marriage to be complete, it would have to be agreed by both of you; and since your potential bride has no consciousness, that's probably never going to happen. That's why I doubt any government (and most likely not the US government) will ever legalise any "marriage" of that kind. Logically, I'd think they'd have to first legalise marriage between humans and animals before even considering the legislation of marriage between real humans and anime characters.
    Last edited by .:neuko:.; 07-04-2015 at 12:35 PM. Reason: Poor choice of certain words as pointed out by member below. (Thanks)

🐮🔪 Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by .:neuko:. View Post
    You know, I have a feeling this is exactly why same-sex marriage rights was delayed in the US for as long as possible; because it would lead to the likes of you pushing the government to legalise marriage between 3D humans (?) and technically non-sentient subjects. Not that I'm against same-sex marriage by the way; far from it in fact since I'm a self-proclaimed polysexual; but that's beside the point. You're talking about marrying something that can not marry you back due to a lack of conscience, that's the real issue here. For a marriage to be complete, it would have to be agreed by both of you; and since your potential bride has no conscience, that's probably never going to happen. That's why I doubt any government (let alone the US government) will ever legalise any "marriage" of that kind. Logically, I'd think they'd have to first legalise marriage between humans and animals before even considering the legislation of marriage between humans and anime characters.

"no conscience"? Don't you mean "no consciousness"? As for legalizing it, I think it already is legal in Japan, based on something I think I remember reading a while ago.

My website is still under construction, so please visit it often to see it as it grows. You may have to press F5 to refresh the page if there's something new that's not showing (in some rare cases, you may have to use Ctrl+F5). If you wish to contact me about my site and are a member of Animeforum, PM me. If you are just a guest visiting Animeforum, please use [email protected]

Senior Member .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:.'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-29-2020 04:24 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Animedude5555 View Post
    "no conscience"? Don't you mean "no consciousness"? As for legalizing it, I think it already is legal in Japan, based on something I think I remember reading a while ago.
    Well having looked up both words in the dictionary for confirmation, it would seem that over the years I've been confusing the word "conscience" with the word "consciousness". In my culture these words are often used interchangeably and unfortunately it seems I've picked up the word with the less accurate definition; so yeah, having looked it up properly I do mean "no consciousness". Thanks for pointing that out there. I'll fix my other post.

To my knowledge the marriage you are speaking of is not legalised in Japan, but even if it were, it doesn't change the fact the she can't autonomously marry you back like I said; so it wouldn't be true marriage in my opinion. In fact, I'd say that the act of marrying someone (real or otherwise) without mutual consent is no better than treating them as an inanimate piece of property.

That said, for someone who has gone so far as to publicly declare their wish to marry an anime character, you don't seem to love her all that much. Apparently you aren't willing to even research as to whether or not marriage between a real human and anime character is truly "legal" in Japan, and seem content to wait until God knows when for it to be legalised in your home country instead; talk about a lack of commitment.

Luckily for you, since I'm such a nice person, I did a little poking around myself on the internet, and while marrying an anime character is not legalised in Japan, turns out that it's not exactly criminalised either (though I suppose you already knew that). Rather, Japan simply doesn't recognise such marriages as true marriages, and perhaps that's for the best since legislation of the former would open up a huge exploit by which real people could simply "marry" anime characters for financial gain (Supposedly, legally married couples are awarded extra tax breaks in Japan or something...). Anyway, here's a news source that might be of interest to you. I had a quick glance and in Japan at least, it seems that you can marry an anime character as if you were marrying a real person--sort of... You can get a "marriage certificate" from a company that goes by the name of "Curtain Damashi", as well as a very large pair of non-transparent curtains that depict your spouse in a wedding dress, and also a wedding cake, all for around $300. Whether they ship all that stuff to the US or not is another matter, and of course, unless you can read Japanese, placing your order might be difficult with the official Curtain Damashii site. But if you love her that much, you'll do what it takes, right? After all, marriage is all about commitment and sacrifice.
    Last edited by .:neuko:.; 07-04-2015 at 12:41 PM.

5. Likes Astral_Mage liked this post
    Member AzuMulu is on a distinguished road AzuMulu's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-12-2015 02:55 PM
    Threads

Whoa, wait. You're serious?

Junior Member JokersWife is on a distinguished road JokersWife's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-28-2015 10:03 AM
    Threads

well, until you can make artificial humans in the form of anime I don't think that will be happening. But you wouldn't want it in the first place, you probably want a human being that you could actually be with :/

Senior Member BronyBradyBuddyKiller is on a distinguished road BronyBradyBuddyKiller's Avatar
    Gil
    Cloud_9
    Gifts Scorpio Heart Katana
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-28-2015 10:05 PM
    Threads

Why was this thread made? You're joking right? I hope you're joking.
    Last edited by BronyBradyBuddyKiller; 07-28-2015 at 10:13 PM.

Gil
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Anime women are a better option than real women, for anime fans like me. I've never had a real girlfriend, and probably won't. And that's because guys who are anime fans aren't liked by real women. To get around that problem, marrying an anime woman is my only option. Besides, most anime women are more attractive than most real women.

Senior Member Yan Chan has much to be proud of Yan Chan has much to be proud of Yan Chan has much to be proud of Yan Chan has much to be proud of Yan Chan has much to be proud of Yan Chan has much to be proud of Yan Chan has much to be proud of Yan Chan has much to be proud of Yan Chan has much to be proud of Yan Chan has much to be proud of Yan Chan's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-26-2022 02:21 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

As adorable as Mio is... I think we should stick with what's real and what's not. That's just weird.

RWBY

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information