AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: GET9 - Ghost in the Shell: S.A.C. 2nd GIG

Junior Member Bill307 is on a distinguished road Bill307's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-04-2018 02:31 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Default GET9 - Ghost in the Shell: S.A.C. 2nd GIG

http://www.animelyrics.com/anime/ghostshell/get9.htm

This is a combination of (arguable) small changes and the addition of the 2nd half of the song's lyrics. I also "added" capitalization, because I started with the nearly-identical lyrics from flashlyrics dot com (which had about 2/3 of the missing lyrics) and then added the last couple of verses. The lyrics I was working from are here:

https://www.flashlyrics.com/lyrics/jillmax/get9-43

Lastly, the song credits are missing jillmax as the vocals/performer. Source: https://vgmdb.net/album/20090

Without further ado, here are my changes:

Credits:
    words by tim jensen
    music by yoko kanno

Changed to:
    words by tim jensen
    performed by jillmax
    music by yoko kanno

1st verse:
    best stay clear
    and hope it's not too bright
    if a tricky situation
    gets your motor motivation

Changed to:
    Best stay clear
    And hope he's not too bright
    If a tricky situation
    Gets your motor motivated

Audible differences.

2nd verse:
    run rabbit conformation [synthetic application]
    ain't no nine to five

Changed to:
    Run rabbit confirmation [ain't no nine to five]
    Synthetic application

The lead singer sings "synthetic application" and the back-up singer sings "ain't no nine to five". EDIT: forgot I also changed "conformation" to "confirmation". I hear the latter but it could go either way, imo.

3rd verse:
    do what we can

Changed to:
    Doin' what we can

I hear "Doin' " but this is up for interpretation. It's also better grammar.

4th verse: (the chorus, but it's easier to just number them all as verses)
    save your soul
    or you're gonna get do time

Changed to:
    Save your soul
    Or you're gonna do time

Audible difference, probably a typo.

5th verse:
    run rabbit situation [poetic vindication]
    think it's time to ride

Changed to:
    Run rabbit situation [think it's time to ride]
    Poetic vindication

Lead and back-up singer lines were reversed, again.

8th verse:
    get 9 [get 9]

Changed to:
    Get 9 get 9

It's the same singer saying "get 9" twice.

8th verse:
    cuz we're hot
    too cold

Changed to:
    Cuz we're hot
    Too cool

Audible difference.

8th verse:
    hyper cyberdelic and go
    get nine

Changed to and added:
    Hyper cyberdelic and...

Yeah, get 9
    And we ain't talkin' bout a gun
    Everybody get up
    It's time to have some fun
    Elevate your mind
    Focus on the MC
    When I rhyme I tap
    Into my energy
    Am I dreamin'?
    Or is the world reality?
    Sometimes I can't tell
    It's like I'm trapped in the cell
    Tryin' to break free
    But everybody out here's
    Tryin' to break me
    Yet I can't be stopped
    I'm gonna keep goin'
    And yo, when all else fails
    You gotta keep flowin'
    In a bad situation
    [naaah na na naaah na na nah nah nah naaah]
    Yo, what you're facin'
    Is a higher power
    I'm elevatin' your mind
    That's right, get 9, c'mon!

Missing lyrics. I won't bother pointing-out the changes I made from the flashlyrics dot com version.

9th verse: Exact same changes as 3rd verse.

11th verse: Exact same changes as 8th verse, except for the added lyrics.

11th verse:
    hyper cyberdelic and go
    get nine

Changed to and added:
    Hyper cyberdelic and go

Get 9 get 9
    Get 9
    'Cause we're gettin' groovadelic in the house tonight
    Yo hip-hopadelic in the house, alright?
    'Cause we're hot
    So cool
    Take 4
    Add 5
    Jump into the funk and you

Get 9 get 9
    Get 9
    That's right, that's right, that's right, that's right
    Yo it's alright 'cause we're justified
    Saddled-up; bad enough; sanctified
    Kickin' in the countdown
    Bendin' out all night
    Jump into the funk and you

Get 9

I wrote all of these myself. If anyone has a better suggestion for "Bendin' out all night" I'm open to suggestions. After listening to it repeatedly, I settled on a line that matches the uh, "word-sounds" and also kind of makes sense, e.g. from "Kickin' in" to "Bendin' out". I don't actually know what "Bendin' out all night" is supposed to mean, but the same can be said about many of the lines in this song!

The full text of the updated lyrics (minus the credits change) is attached.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Bill307; 06-18-2018 at 07:57 PM. Reason: forgot I changed "conformation" to "confirmation"

AnimeLyrics Admin
    EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-25-2020 10:24 AM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: xenographer Steam ID: xen0glossy

Default Re: GET9 - Ghost in the Shell: S.A.C. 2nd GIG

Yikes, I didn't realize we were missing half the lyrics to this song! I also think your changes make sense. Just a couple of things before I replace the lyrics currently on the site, though:

Do you think it's "hyper cyberdelic and gold" or "hyper cyberdelic and go"? It could go either way, certainly, but I think it's meant to be the same line both times that it appears and currently you have one with "gold" and one with "go."

The second line sounds like "We kick it super funk" (not "kick into") to me--what do you think?

Junior Member Bill307 is on a distinguished road Bill307's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-04-2018 02:31 PM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

:O Good catch on the go/gold difference: I didn't notice at all! Apparently it's like that on the flashlyrics site and I must not have noticed when I copied & pasted them.

Personally, I hear "go" or possibly "goal", but the "d" could be silent, like it is in many other places, e.g. at the end of "Better make up your mind". Ultimately, I think the answer depends on how much credit we give the existing lyrics that have propagated everywhere.

On one hand, they have some pretty obvious errors, e.g. "Get your motor motivation/motivated". So they're not perfect.

On the other hand, even though there are obvious errors, I fear they actually came from some official source (or divine intervention). My reason is this: consider words like "Hip-hopadelic", "cyberdelic", and "groovadelic": at first, you'd think they're just made-up words that some guy came up with that sound cool and more-or-less match the syllables we can hear. BUT, if you listen to the last 2 verses of the song -- the 2 verses I had to add because they didn't exist anywhere else -- you can clearly hear them say "groovadelic" and "hip-hopadelic" again. So those words must be correct.

I think there's almost no way someone could come up with made-up words like "groovadelic" and "hip-hopadelic" just by listening to the 1st half of the song, and just happen to get those words right. Either they got those words from the clearer vocals in the 2nd half of the song (but then why aren't there lyrics for the 2nd half?), or they got them from an official source.

As a result, I was hesitant to make changes to the existing lyrics at first.

Anyway, in the case of "go" vs "gold", it's plausible they said "gold" with their silent-"d"s pronunciation, so I'm inclined to give the existing lyrics the benefit of the doubt.

As for "We kick into/it super funk" (thanks for this suggestion too, btw!), maybe they were supposed to say "into" (if we assume those are the official lyrics) but said "it" instead. After all, we can hear only 1 syllable between "kick" and "super". I'll lean towards "it" for this one because a) that's what it sounds like, and b) someone reading these lyrics for karaoke / singing along (e.g. me) is going to be thrown-off if they try to say "into" in that spot.

If you (or anyone) have any more suggestions, I'd love to hear them. In particular, I still question "Run rabbit" (but GitS:SAC has a song named "run rabbit junk", so I accept it) and I am not sold on "Begin da meltdown" at all (but these might be the official lyrics).

I've attached a new text file of lyrics with the following changes:
    - "go" -> "gold"
    - "into" -> "it"
    - "alright !" and "goodbye" -> "alright!" and "goodbye!"
    - Reverted my change to line 4: "And hope he's not too bright" reverted back to "And hope it's not too bright" because I decided the original made more sense: after dark, we kick [into] super funk, so you'd best stay clear and hope it's not too bright or we might see you... and kick you into super funk, or something.

Cheers!
    Attached Files

AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    bambooXZX will become famous soon enough bambooXZX's Avatar
    Gil
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-18-2023 04:37 PM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

http://puu.sh/AR5pw/0af5856016.jpg

Aside: while it's a moot point now, for what it's worth, I feel like getting 'groovadelic' and 'hip-hopadelic' by ear would be fairly doable - while they are made-up words, their construction still makes sense, and even in the first verse, those words sound clearer than some of the real words IMO. (I saw the written lyrics first, though, so I can't provide a firsthand account :V)
    Last edited by bambooXZX; 07-04-2018 at 08:43 PM.

AnimeLyrics Admin
    EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-25-2020 10:24 AM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: xenographer Steam ID: xen0glossy

Quote Originally Posted by bambooXZX View Post
    http://puu.sh/AR5pw/0af5856016.jpg

Aside: while it's a moot point now, for what it's worth, I feel like getting 'groovadelic' and 'hip-hopadelic' by ear would be fairly doable - while they are made-up words, their construction still makes sense, and even in the first verse, those words sound clearer than some of the real words IMO. (I saw the written lyrics first, though, so I can't provide a firsthand account :V)
    Thanks! I should've looked harder for official lyrics before assuming there weren't any. There were a couple discrepancies between the official lyrics and the one on the site, so I fixed those, and I also took out the excess "get" in "get do time" and added a footnote. On the fence about whether to add the ear-transcribed verses when the rest is official. I've never quite known what to do with that as a correction--it's allowed but not required for the original submitter and isn't grounds for a submission to be wholly replaced, and thus far my policy has been not to add it, but maybe that's inconsistent with letting people include it when they submit in the first place?

Closed Thread

Thread Information