AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: World Cosplay Summit 2016

Kuso Saniwa _CTA_ has a reputation beyond repute _CTA_ has a reputation beyond repute _CTA_ has a reputation beyond repute _CTA_ has a reputation beyond repute _CTA_ has a reputation beyond repute _CTA_ has a reputation beyond repute _CTA_ has a reputation beyond repute _CTA_ has a reputation beyond repute _CTA_ has a reputation beyond repute _CTA_ has a reputation beyond repute _CTA_ has a reputation beyond repute _CTA_'s Avatar
    Gil
    Torn
    Gifts Portal Companion Cube 025 - Pikachu Moon Crystal Locket
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-31-2017 12:20 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default World Cosplay Summit 2016

Hey! As you know, yearly, there's an event in Japan called World Cosplay Summit (WCS) and held yearly in order to find the best cosplay duo of each country participating around the globe. Streamed live for free in NicoNico for everyone to see, viewers can also participate by voting their favorites.

This year, WCS is held in Nagoya, with 30 countries representing, with India and Switzerland as the newest addition to the contest.

Day 1 prelim was held few hours ago, divided into two teams in each session. (Personally, i thought, the lineup for team B is the top contender)

Here are the pictures during the red carpet (taken off cosplayer Reika's Facebook page): https://facebook.com/permalink.php?s...15573555144954

This year's representative did great in Day 1, although the usual top contenders flopped badly (I'm sorry China, but I have no idea what you're trying to do).

Controversies arose when Hong Kong's voting screen did not appear at all, confusing viewers since their performance were great. Issues like overweight props and one of the characters they represented is actually counted as an OC (original character), but then the latter seem more convincing since South Korea also brought heavy props with them. (Hong Kong did a short from the game Kantai Collection with the characters Yamato and the iconic lead Teitoku (Admiral). Teitoku so far has never been represented in any form so players of Kantai Collection tend to make their own form of teitoku, thus making this count as an OC for WCS). Another controversy arose when one of the crowd's favorite, Germany, did not enter to the finals as well until their official twitter representative tweeted that they're in.

The MCs did a Miss Universe when they announced awards from the sponsors, when it was meant for Finland but Japan was called out instead. (They apologized, but this happened because the category after that was for Japan to win lol)

The top contender for Day 1 is Indonesia, who received a whooping of 91% on the viewer's score (they did an effect as if their body was cut into half and one of them made a flying effect) (okay I may be biased but trust me, I will provide the link to watch when it's out).

And while WCS is ongoing, World Karaoke Grand Prix (WKG) was held at the same time. Unfortunately, I was caught up with WCS so I wasn't paying much attention other than my own country representative.

That is until South Korea came along. With a powerful voice, she managed to take the audience, although she won second place, with Vietnam in the first and Indonesia as the third.

That is for the report so far on Day 1. I hope I'll be home on time for the second or I'll just stream from my phone.

The link for the second stage tomorrow: http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv270820927 (NicoNico account needed. Click on the Timeshift so you may watch the show in case you missed it when it ends)

Japanese media report during the red carpet: http://gigazine.net/news/20160806-red-carpet-wcs2016/
    Last edited by _CTA_; 08-06-2016 at 11:53 AM.
    Used to be known as cool_tria_anime.
    「今宵の俺は血に飢えている…ってな」

Illustration credit: banafria @ tumblr

2. Likes Jasanime, blueangel06661 liked this post
    The Palmtop Tiger blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Hedgehog PPG Bubbles Alice
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2018 07:05 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: blueangel06661 Steam ID: blueangel06661

Default Re: World Cosplay Summit 2016

That's so cool! I've actually have never heard of this. Awh! I wish I could go watch! Thank you for the FB link to all the countries and their cosplays though!

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Interested in Pop-Up Cafes in Japan? Dango News is the place for you.
    Dango News
    | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram

Kuso Saniwa _CTA_ has a reputation beyond repute _CTA_ has a reputation beyond repute _CTA_ has a reputation beyond repute _CTA_ has a reputation beyond repute _CTA_ has a reputation beyond repute _CTA_ has a reputation beyond repute _CTA_ has a reputation beyond repute _CTA_ has a reputation beyond repute _CTA_ has a reputation beyond repute _CTA_ has a reputation beyond repute _CTA_ has a reputation beyond repute _CTA_'s Avatar
    Gil
    Torn
    Gifts Portal Companion Cube 025 - Pikachu Moon Crystal Locket
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-31-2017 12:20 AM
    Threads

Sorry for the weeks late update for the second day, I was attending conventions :')

So for the second day, more controversies arose online since Hong Kong turned out to be disqualified due to their overweight props. Nothing much has been shown, and the final contestants performed once more in front of the judges. Commercials were boring, but guess what? A new SAO movie is coming out soon, and they also announced a new cosplay social media portal that can adapt with many languages across the world.

Guess who wins the WCS?

3rd place was given to France with their Love Live! performance of Honoka and Eli. They did amazing btw, since they literally performed a song on stage (although the song was a dub but i digress)
    2nd place was given to Denmark for their performance of Enhalburg el Tenshi. Their costumes, plot and dubbing were on point.
    AND MY BIAS WON 1ST PLACE! Indonesia with their performance on Trinity Blood. Their attempt to create the visuals and the arm strength to look as if one of them was flying mesnmerized everyone.

I couldn't find the link to the first day performance yet, but here's the link for the second. Warning: boring commercials per team performances.

(You can search the top 19 contestants' individual videos as well in case this wasn't clear enough)
    (Here's the playlist)
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...DXv2iCqx0CuP8x

Thanks for tuning in guys~

Click image for larger version

Name:	13934820_10154419095349399_1323792749541541966_n.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	49.0 KB
ID:	86097
    Last edited by _CTA_; 08-18-2016 at 12:41 PM.
    Used to be known as cool_tria_anime.
    「今宵の俺は血に飢えている…ってな」

Illustration credit: banafria @ tumblr

5. Likes RunnerNoah liked this post
    Member RunnerNoah is a splendid one to behold RunnerNoah is a splendid one to behold RunnerNoah is a splendid one to behold RunnerNoah is a splendid one to behold RunnerNoah is a splendid one to behold RunnerNoah is a splendid one to behold RunnerNoah is a splendid one to behold RunnerNoah's Avatar
    Gil
    Question
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-19-2017 10:16 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Will you provide the 2017 Cosplay Summit? I didn't know this existed...

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information