AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Y'alright all!

Junior Member HorizonBrave is on a distinguished road HorizonBrave's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-21-2015 04:01 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DARK T3RM1N4T0R PSN ID: Horizon_Brave__ Steam ID: Horizon_Brave__

Default Y'alright all!

Been poking around this site a few times but figured I'd better sign up. Starting to really gain traction in my little anime watching. Just finished Sword Art Online and Hellsing, on to Black Lagoon and I need to finish off Zoids: Genesis next.
    So yeah, working my way slowly but surely through many different animes and having a blast. Wanted to share my opinions, ask questions and find other excellent animes so seemed like it was about time to sign up here.
    Hope to see you all about on the forums!

Member Blue Spirit will become famous soon enough Blue Spirit will become famous soon enough Blue Spirit's Avatar
    Gil
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-29-2015 02:59 AM
    Threads

Default Re: Y'alright all!

Hi, and welcome to the boards! I just signed up today myself, so I wanted to give you a warm welcome all the way from Sweden! From the ones you have mentioned in your post, I have only heard of Black Lagoon and Sword Art Online. However, they are shows that I eventually want to watch someday. My list of recommendations and own finds is just so long; it'll take forever until I get to both of them, haha.

Sounds like you're in the same boat as myself with watching lots of anime! I'm still pretty new and haven't learned what all the genres mean, but it's always nice to discover something new! Hope to see you around!

3. Likes HorizonBrave liked this post
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Spirit View Post
    Hi, and welcome to the boards! I just signed up today myself, so I wanted to give you a warm welcome all the way from Sweden! From the ones you have mentioned in your post, I have only heard of Black Lagoon and Sword Art Online. However, they are shows that I eventually want to watch someday. My list of recommendations and own finds is just so long; it'll take forever until I get to both of them, haha.

Sounds like you're in the same boat as myself with watching lots of anime! I'm still pretty new and haven't learned what all the genres mean, but it's always nice to discover something new! Hope to see you around!
    Thanks, man! Appreciated.

Black Lagoon looks great, gritty and action packed (or so I've been led to believe). So I'm looking forward to working through that. Sword Art Online was absolutely excellent, the first "half" of the show, especially. You can tell those who made it were big into games themselves, so if you enjoy gaming at all, really deserves a watch.
    Zoids is brilliant, though some series above others. Its all about big mechs fighting it out, either as part of a war / resistance or in dedicated arenas for battles between teams, depending on the season.
    Hellsing is about as brutal a manga as its possible to get. Vampire hunters, Nazi resurgences, bloody, profane to the max and hilariously funny. If you like that level of grittiness, its so worth a watch, too.

Yeah, I think we are in the same boat. Still getting to grips with some of the more in depth and long running animes, I'm still struggling to get into Japanese spoken anime. I guess when I watch them I like to game at the same time, or write, so I struggle to keep up with the subtitles as well. My only excuse.
    You're right, though. If there was anywhere to find new bits and pieces of anime, here would definitely be it. Now for the inevitable "let's just add this to the list of things to watch, too!"

Member Blue Spirit will become famous soon enough Blue Spirit will become famous soon enough Blue Spirit's Avatar
    Gil
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I sure do like gaming! I grew up with the old Nintendo systems thanks to my parents. I have noticed that people like to compare Sword Art Online with Log Horizon, but that most seem to prefer SOA more. Sounds like Zoids might be something for me to watch. It kind of reminds me of Aldnoah.Zero. Not too sure about Hellsing. I'm not usually into vampires -- although there are some exceptions -- so much or anything too gory, but comedy is always nice to watch, definitely. I can be very picky when it comes to television shows and anime. One episode can be enough to get a rejection from me.

Haha, you're definitely like me then. I like to multitask when watching something as well, but not knowing the language fluently or at all makes it very difficult. I keep having to pause what I'm watching to browse the internet or continue writing on the email I'm working on. :P

And I just became aware that I never introduced myself in my previous post -- I was surprised at the "thanks, man!" when I'm a girl. Not that it matters though! hehe Anyway, I'm Sandra; nice to meet you!

Senior Member someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast's Avatar
    Gil
    Nerdy
    Gifts Red Dango Kill Bill Katana Shuriken
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-26-2016 08:12 AM
    Threads

Welcome to AF!!! The best online anime/manga community

*Confetti No Jutsu*

Man Zoids takes me back. I used to watch that like 15 years ago when I was in Middle/High School.

Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Spirit View Post
    I sure do like gaming! I grew up with the old Nintendo systems thanks to my parents. I have noticed that people like to compare Sword Art Online with Log Horizon, but that most seem to prefer SOA more. Sounds like Zoids might be something for me to watch. It kind of reminds me of Aldnoah.Zero. Not too sure about Hellsing. I'm not usually into vampires -- although there are some exceptions -- so much or anything too gory, but comedy is always nice to watch, definitely. I can be very picky when it comes to television shows and anime. One episode can be enough to get a rejection from me.

Haha, you're definitely like me then. I like to multitask when watching something as well, but not knowing the language fluently or at all makes it very difficult. I keep having to pause what I'm watching to browse the internet or continue writing on the email I'm working on. :P

And I just became aware that I never introduced myself in my previous post -- I was surprised at the "thanks, man!" when I'm a girl. Not that it matters though! hehe Anyway, I'm Sandra; nice to meet you!
    Pleasure to meet you, also! My bad, I entirely didn't even think to check the little user page thing to the left there... That big old box with a lot of information that I completely overlooked... So, pleasure to meet you, Sandra! I'm Jamie.

I haven't read Log Horizon, though from what I know of it I can see why it'd be pretty similar. Very similar, in fact. I think I'll have a stab at trying to get those novels, I think they'd be really good.
    Do you still game now? And are you still on Nintendo? I've changed from console to console, from console to PC and back again so many times. I've missed Nintendo for a long while now, though.
    Its definitely gory and the whole vampire thing is quite prevalent, especially in the first few episodes of Ultimate. So it may be one to miss, its funny but I don't know if that'd be enough to keep you hooked on it. I take your point, though, if I struggle to get past early episodes I start to lose enthusiasm very quickly.

---------- Post added at 10:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by 1nterest1ng View Post
    Welcome to AF!!! The best online anime/manga community

*Confetti No Jutsu*

Man Zoids takes me back. I used to watch that like 15 years ago when I was in Middle/High School.
    Many thanks.

Zoids is fun, though I've heard Season 4 isn't as good as 1 and 2, 3 was a bit lackluster so I hope it isn't in decline from there. I was surprised when I looked back over its airing dates at how old it was... Some of the old shows are getting quite dated now, I was watching Ghost in the Shell again the other day and remembered that was out in 1995 with the Manga out half a decade before that. Time flies.

Senior Member Kyuss has a reputation beyond repute Kyuss has a reputation beyond repute Kyuss has a reputation beyond repute Kyuss has a reputation beyond repute Kyuss has a reputation beyond repute Kyuss has a reputation beyond repute Kyuss has a reputation beyond repute Kyuss has a reputation beyond repute Kyuss has a reputation beyond repute Kyuss has a reputation beyond repute Kyuss has a reputation beyond repute Kyuss's Avatar
    Gil
    Gay
    Gifts V Guitar
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-04-2020 11:07 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Wet_Gravity

Welcome to AF! Great to have you here!

9. Likes HorizonBrave liked this post
    Gil
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

No worries, Jamie! I'm actually a bit surprised that names aren't included in your profile when posting in threads, but I guess things are slightly different here than what I am used to at previous message boards.

I haven't read any manga, to be honest with you. I just watch anime for now. If you are familiar with Sword Art Online and like that, then I definitely think you should give Log Horizon a try. I'm not usually into those kind of computer games otherwise, but this one has made me wanna play something close to it. And yes, I still do play videogames! I'm completely devoted to Nintendo and have been so for the last twenty-five years or so. There are so many great games for Nintendo, and my whole family plays the old games from time to time.

Anyways, I'll stop stalking you in your introduction thread and let you explore the boards in quiet. See you around!

The Black Swordsman Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Soras Keyblade Mario ZStar Autobots
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-26-2019 02:22 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Thrain Steam ID: Discade

@1nterest1ng [POTENTIAL KIRITO PUPPET CONFIRMED] We must teach him my ways...yes... excellent.

Anyways welcome to the AF family! If you have any questions feel free to ask, we don't bite... well... I don't at least, I can't promise that @Nowi won't. She's evil and will crush your hopes and memes (like she did to mine) with straight facts. See wht I did there/ Get it/ "hopes and memes".

Anyways welcome!
    "Kill a man, one is a murderer. Kill a million, a conqueror. Kill them all, a god."

Xbox Live: Thrain
    MyAnimeList: iRhya

Senior Member someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast's Avatar
    Gil
    Nerdy
    Gifts Red Dango Kill Bill Katana Shuriken
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-26-2016 08:12 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by HorizonBrave View Post
    Pleasure to meet you, also! My bad, I entirely didn't even think to check the little user page thing to the left there... That big old box with a lot of information that I completely overlooked... So, pleasure to meet you, Sandra! I'm Jamie.

I haven't read Log Horizon, though from what I know of it I can see why it'd be pretty similar. Very similar, in fact. I think I'll have a stab at trying to get those novels, I think they'd be really good.
    Do you still game now? And are you still on Nintendo? I've changed from console to console, from console to PC and back again so many times. I've missed Nintendo for a long while now, though.
    Its definitely gory and the whole vampire thing is quite prevalent, especially in the first few episodes of Ultimate. So it may be one to miss, its funny but I don't know if that'd be enough to keep you hooked on it. I take your point, though, if I struggle to get past early episodes I start to lose enthusiasm very quickly.

---------- Post added at 10:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 PM ----------

Many thanks.

Zoids is fun, though I've heard Season 4 isn't as good as 1 and 2, 3 was a bit lackluster so I hope it isn't in decline from there. I was surprised when I looked back over its airing dates at how old it was... Some of the old shows are getting quite dated now, I was watching Ghost in the Shell again the other day and remembered that was out in 1995 with the Manga out half a decade before that. Time flies.
    There are some newer Ghost in Shell Movies on Netflix. I have been wanting to watch them, but I have been too busy.

Aggressively stupid Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte's Avatar
    Gil
    Cloud_9
    Gifts Kawaiislice Alice Pocket Watch
    Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-07-2024 04:50 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Welcome to the rice fields.
    Meme on broseph.

Senior Member Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Gifts 007 - Squirtle 258 - Mudkip Gabumon
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-26-2024 12:40 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

@HorizonBrave : WELCOME!! To the Greatest Anime Forum in the Galaxy: AF!!

Enjoy, and have a fabulous week!
    My Wi-Fi, it's gone out . . .

Moderator ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-17-2017 07:39 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: the_wolfie

Hello there and welcome to AnimeForum; I'm Red, one of the moderators of the Introduction forum. I hope you will enjoy it here!
    Wolfie Dango ~*Red*~

Twin sister: Angella_Kagamine

Junior Member Nausicaä is on a distinguished road Nausicaä's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-02-2015 12:33 AM
    Threads

Yo Jamie, I'm in the exact same boat as you. I'm a total newbie to this forum (this is literally/figuratively my first reply :P). Haven't ever been part of a forum before to be honest, but I've been watching a lot of anime for quite a few years now.

Recently watched SAO too (thank you Netflix), completely agree with you about the first half of the show, was really surprised at how well-developed the characters were -> the best kind of surprise when watching anime, in my opinion.

Basically, let's be friends.

Senior Member rukA00 has much to be proud of rukA00 has much to be proud of rukA00 has much to be proud of rukA00 has much to be proud of rukA00 has much to be proud of rukA00 has much to be proud of rukA00 has much to be proud of rukA00 has much to be proud of rukA00's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheeky
    Gifts Scorpio Pizza Orange Dango
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-07-2016 10:49 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Heyo and welcome. Have a great time here.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information