AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Cowboy Bebop project

Junior Member Feael is on a distinguished road Feael's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-24-2017 09:10 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Re: Cowboy Bebop project

finished with Ed. let`s go for others!

you can support me om Patreon - https://www.patreon.com/feael
    Last edited by Feael; 01-24-2017 at 08:20 AM.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Meet Jet Black

Details:

you can support me om Patreon - https://www.patreon.com/feael

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Screwdriver Chameleon Rageface
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-22-2024 09:27 AM
    Threads

Nice job. He looks even wearier than in the series. Then again, all those cigarettes don't do the body much good.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Thanks. It was exactly what i intended to depict.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Red face Re: Cowboy Bebop project

So, i finished Faye Valentine!
    I used Charlize Theron as a face reference.

Details

Your Patreon support can really speed up my work: www.patreon.com/feael
    Also, I`m accepting commissions. Drop me a message, if you interested.

Original character was created by Sunrise and Bandai Visual.

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Nice, but over-dressed.

Look over there ---> Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Hyundai Coupe Mario Bowser Shell Mario Blue Shell
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-17-2022 04:00 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: PrinnyBombed

Really nice work, but I am 100% against Richard Gere as Spike.

TAWIM's KinKiEst buddy :3 Vincent Valentine has a reputation beyond repute Vincent Valentine has a reputation beyond repute Vincent Valentine has a reputation beyond repute Vincent Valentine has a reputation beyond repute Vincent Valentine has a reputation beyond repute Vincent Valentine has a reputation beyond repute Vincent Valentine has a reputation beyond repute Vincent Valentine has a reputation beyond repute Vincent Valentine has a reputation beyond repute Vincent Valentine has a reputation beyond repute Vincent Valentine has a reputation beyond repute Vincent Valentine's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-18-2017 09:39 AM
    Threads

Lightbulb Re: Cowboy Bebop project

Quote Originally Posted by PictureGuy View Post
    My only complaint is that Edward looks a bit too grown up.
    Quote Originally Posted by La Féline View Post
    Is using famous actors recommended for reference works? Its nice but somehow distracting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Immoral View Post
    I am 100% against Richard Gere as Spike.
    Basically every thought that popped into my head upon viewing this.

Live-action adaptations of anime are essentially destined to be reviled because of the reasons portrayed in this drawing. It simply will never work due to Western cultural sensibilities conflicting with Japanese cultural sensibilities. Kind of like a Carl Macek/Macekre adaptation of an anime series back in the day. Take the concept of something, discard the original dialogue/plot and remove any reference to the Japanese influence behind it.

What do you get then?

RICHARD GERE IS SPIKE SPIEGEL.

Also, this stinks of a Hollywood adaptation. Casting relatively well-known individuals in a role that probably isn't remotely suitable for them beyond appearance's sake, rewriting the script endlessly for several years before production has even begun ... Hey, this is probably what killed the Cowboy Bebop live-action movie!

(In my opinion, a very good thing.)

Though whether you're casting relative unknowns into the career-ending toilet that is Dragon Ball Evolution or funnelling cash into trying to convince simple-minded moviegoers that Scarlett Johansson is an Asian cyborg named Motoko Kusanagi, I can guarantee that an American adaptation of an anime series is going to leave a bad taste in the mouth of those that are actually endeared towards the original.

Getting back to the picture, I'll JAM my thoughts in here:

- The celebrity thing is completely jarring, and especially since they are clearly based on older incarnations of the celebrities. Fantasy casting, essentially. This might work if you crafted a slightly-aged/dated looking movie poster design to frame this.

- Natalie Portman's face applied to Ed's body is literally Nightmare Fuel, no matter how many times you draw it. Especially the screaming version, which I will be seeing in my nightmares for weeks to come.

- Is Mel Gibson supposed to be Jet Black? I guess his outfit vaguely resembles The Road Warrior. I can see the Hollywood train of thought that was applied there – WE NEED AN OLDER MAD MAX.

- Ein kind of looks like he belongs in another picture. Sticks out like a sore thumb compared to the artstyle used for the human characters. He blurs with the background, which uses the same art style as you did for Ein, so it seems.

In closing? Your art actually doesn't suck, which is a rarity.

I just think your efforts would be better placed elsewhere and you could take criticism a little better. When the subject of Ed's face was constantly criticized, you just dismissed it and said you were "kinda' tired" of having to redraw it – You're missing the point entirely!

It isn't your art that's the problem. STOP USING NATALIE PORTMAN'S FACE.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

A younger Richard Gere, maybe. Just take off that smile of his.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Whoo, looks like it was a good trick to do this to catch attention, haha!
    Cool down, people. That "art" you now can get everywhere - those horribly idealized girls with giant shining boobies and sweet boys with oversized muscles... That`s not for me. I want to draw some REAL people. I go my way, and it is really strange to tell me that i`m doing something wrong with casting or even the IDEA of that thing, unless you hired me or at least patron me. Did you see me posting something like that in some anime-art threads? That`s right, NO - it`s not my problem, if someone delights it that sort of drawing style. So, i hope you all got the point - your opinion have no more weight, than mine. Actually, when it comes for choosing references and themes, my opinion is an ONLY thing, that matters.
    BTW, i finished this some time ago. Thanks to everyone, who admires my efforts. You can support me om Patreon - https://www.patreon.com/feael
    See ya, space cowboys, haha!

Spike and Julia pair on the way =)
    Last edited by Feael; 05-05-2017 at 03:49 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information