AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How did you get into anime ?

Senior Member ThatOneBelgianGuy has a reputation beyond repute ThatOneBelgianGuy has a reputation beyond repute ThatOneBelgianGuy has a reputation beyond repute ThatOneBelgianGuy has a reputation beyond repute ThatOneBelgianGuy has a reputation beyond repute ThatOneBelgianGuy has a reputation beyond repute ThatOneBelgianGuy has a reputation beyond repute ThatOneBelgianGuy has a reputation beyond repute ThatOneBelgianGuy has a reputation beyond repute ThatOneBelgianGuy has a reputation beyond repute ThatOneBelgianGuy has a reputation beyond repute ThatOneBelgianGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-12-2015 05:52 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default How did you get into anime ?

How did you get into anime and what was the first anime you watched (knowing that it was anime)

I got into it at the age of 12 when my cousin was watching naruto and I was like ow that's really cool, what is it?
    and everything else followed XD

Naruto was my first anime (even tho I had watched pokemon and stuff before but I didn't know it was anime at the time )
    Made by the fantabulous Neshi-chwaan (Nesh)

2. Likes animemerc, frdpwr427 liked this post
    Member syde9000 has much to be proud of syde9000 has much to be proud of syde9000 has much to be proud of syde9000 has much to be proud of syde9000 has much to be proud of syde9000 has much to be proud of syde9000 has much to be proud of syde9000 has much to be proud of syde9000 has much to be proud of syde9000 has much to be proud of syde9000's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-31-2015 06:33 PM
    Threads

Default Re: How did you get into anime ?

i started watching pokemon in the tv and one piece and then i learned tha they were anime and i started watch them regularly........

Senior Member 星らぶ has a reputation beyond repute 星らぶ has a reputation beyond repute 星らぶ has a reputation beyond repute 星らぶ has a reputation beyond repute 星らぶ has a reputation beyond repute 星らぶ has a reputation beyond repute 星らぶ has a reputation beyond repute 星らぶ has a reputation beyond repute 星らぶ has a reputation beyond repute 星らぶ has a reputation beyond repute 星らぶ has a reputation beyond repute 星らぶ's Avatar
    Gil
    Dead
    Gifts Bigro MA 05 Ice Cream
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-18-2015 01:23 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I was way too young to know,
    but some of the first I have seen were, Haidi, anime sanjushi, ribon no kishi, legend of galactic heroes, and some other very old stuff
    I only knew that anime were Japanese at the time the first episodes of neon genesis evangelion came to life in later 90s (and I was a grown up)

5. Likes animemerc, frdpwr427 liked this post
    Junior Member Nurfed is on a distinguished road Nurfed's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-10-2015 08:58 AM
    Threads

It all started at a lan party way back 11 or so years ago when i noticed someone watching naruto, i downloaded what he had at the time and have been hocked on this drug ever since. =)

Senior Member Nesh has a reputation beyond repute Nesh has a reputation beyond repute Nesh has a reputation beyond repute Nesh has a reputation beyond repute Nesh has a reputation beyond repute Nesh has a reputation beyond repute Nesh has a reputation beyond repute Nesh has a reputation beyond repute Nesh has a reputation beyond repute Nesh has a reputation beyond repute Nesh has a reputation beyond repute Nesh's Avatar
    Gil
    Sleepy
    Gifts 143 - Snorlax Pen Electric Piano
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-11-2015 03:17 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

I first started watching anime that aired on TV when I was 5-6 years old, or at least that's the time I remember watching Dragon Ball, Digimon, Pokemon. I can't tell if these animes are consecutively right, but the earliest recolections are of exactly these three animes. Over the years there have been less and less episodes showned on TV, so for a couple of years I was unable to frequently watch animes. So I guess the opportunity to watch stagneted for a certain time, untill I was thirteen and me and my brother got back on track at watching anime on-line.
    Nesh (nɛʃ) dialect adj. - sensitive to the cold

Set made by me
    ''Do your best, no matter how many times you fail!.''

8. Likes animemerc, Teru Murasame, frdpwr427 liked this post
    Senior Member someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast's Avatar
    Gil
    Nerdy
    Gifts Red Dango Kill Bill Katana Shuriken
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-26-2016 08:12 AM
    Threads

My first anime Was Kiki's Delivery Service. I saw it when I was 6 and visiting my great grandmother. So somewhere in the mid 90's and it has been with me ever since. 22 years now I have been watching anime.

Member Famished Spade has a reputation beyond repute Famished Spade has a reputation beyond repute Famished Spade has a reputation beyond repute Famished Spade has a reputation beyond repute Famished Spade has a reputation beyond repute Famished Spade has a reputation beyond repute Famished Spade has a reputation beyond repute Famished Spade has a reputation beyond repute Famished Spade has a reputation beyond repute Famished Spade has a reputation beyond repute Famished Spade has a reputation beyond repute Famished Spade's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-02-2015 09:53 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Famishedspade05

My first experience with anime was watching my stepsister watch this show ,which I still haven't found, and I was so amazed by the characters handled situations and the fights were BA and then my step brother was watching Naurto and I watched the whole first season with him I was unaware that it was anime at the time and was at a loss until I started watching naurto shippuden and researching more episodes that's when I really started to watch anime now I'm hooked and can't ( or won't ) ;P stop

Senior Member Meroty has a reputation beyond repute Meroty has a reputation beyond repute Meroty has a reputation beyond repute Meroty has a reputation beyond repute Meroty has a reputation beyond repute Meroty has a reputation beyond repute Meroty has a reputation beyond repute Meroty has a reputation beyond repute Meroty has a reputation beyond repute Meroty has a reputation beyond repute Meroty has a reputation beyond repute Meroty's Avatar
    Cheerful
    Gifts Camera Dslr IPhone One Piece Flag
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I get to watch anime at the age of 5 and up on the tv. ^_^ I used to watch Doraemon, Slam Dunk, Dragonball, One Piece & detective conan and many more. By the time i was 12(the time i joined this forum) i got hooked on Shaman King. SK was really the first anime that i loved, and because i didn't get to see some episodes on the tv, i went to the anime online. And followed after One Piece which i started to watch from episode 1. )) And later on, i got to watch more anime online...So yeah, that's how.
    Last edited by Meroty; 08-22-2015 at 06:58 PM.

12. Likes animemerc, frdpwr427 liked this post
    The Palmtop Tiger blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Hedgehog PPG Bubbles Alice
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2018 07:05 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: blueangel06661 Steam ID: blueangel06661

I mistook Kagome from Inuyasha for Sailor Jupiter with black hair...

When I found out it was Inuyasha I watched it on Adult Swim only... Would wake up, watch it, and then sleep. But then I just started watching FMA which aired after it and so forth. It took off from there.

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Interested in Pop-Up Cafes in Japan? Dango News is the place for you.
    Dango News
    | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram

14. Likes animemerc, frdpwr427 liked this post
    Qoco has a reputation beyond repute Qoco has a reputation beyond repute Qoco has a reputation beyond repute Qoco has a reputation beyond repute Qoco has a reputation beyond repute Qoco has a reputation beyond repute Qoco has a reputation beyond repute Qoco has a reputation beyond repute Qoco has a reputation beyond repute Qoco has a reputation beyond repute Qoco has a reputation beyond repute Qoco's Avatar
    Gil
    Aggressive
    Gifts Movie Ticket Mercedes-Benz Green Tea
    Mentioned
    309 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-09-2022 09:40 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I just grew up with it. As a child I'd watch many cartoons on TV, and often I'd come across anime. Like after watching Cartoon Network, Toonami would pop up.

16. Likes animemerc, frdpwr427 liked this post
    Junior Member AnimatedMuscle is on a distinguished road AnimatedMuscle's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-03-2015 06:27 PM
    Threads

I've always watched cartoons since I was little but my anime watching started with Dragonball and has branched out from there. I watch and love many forms of animation.

18. Likes animemerc, frdpwr427 liked this post
    Senior Member Lightfighter has a reputation beyond repute Lightfighter has a reputation beyond repute Lightfighter has a reputation beyond repute Lightfighter has a reputation beyond repute Lightfighter has a reputation beyond repute Lightfighter has a reputation beyond repute Lightfighter has a reputation beyond repute Lightfighter has a reputation beyond repute Lightfighter has a reputation beyond repute Lightfighter has a reputation beyond repute Lightfighter has a reputation beyond repute Lightfighter's Avatar
    Gil
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-16-2022 08:51 PM
    Threads

Adult Swim introduced it to me many years ago.

20. Likes animemerc, frdpwr427 liked this post
    Senior Member Reshad has a reputation beyond repute Reshad has a reputation beyond repute Reshad has a reputation beyond repute Reshad has a reputation beyond repute Reshad has a reputation beyond repute Reshad has a reputation beyond repute Reshad has a reputation beyond repute Reshad has a reputation beyond repute Reshad has a reputation beyond repute Reshad has a reputation beyond repute Reshad has a reputation beyond repute Reshad's Avatar
    Fine
    Gifts Headphones Bleach Zangetsu Black Guitar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-25-2016 02:53 AM
    Threads

well im a half japanese so i already knew whats anime when i was 2 so,
    i think the first anime i watched was doraemon or something but my first
    anime when i was really getting in to it was bleach.

趣味でヒーローをやっているモノだ。

22. Likes animemerc liked this post
    AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    Yu Puffin is on a distinguished road Yu Puffin's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-28-2016 06:35 PM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

I've been into anime basically my entire life, but back then I didn't realize anime was any different from other cartoons. When I was young I would just watch literally whatever cartoons came on TV, since I had just gotten cable, and among those happened to be shows like One Piece... that was a long time ago... but I think I started getting a better idea of the 'anime' side of things when I started watching Naruto and Kekkaishi, and my friends got me into Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood and Bleach. That was still several years ago, but since then I've expanded my interests and investigated more obscure anime/manga as well as a couple of the more popular ones.

24. Likes animemerc, frdpwr427 liked this post
    &#32
    AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 1
    RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama's Avatar
    Gil
    Where
    Gifts V Guitar Coffee Red Kawaii Ice Cream Cone
    Mentioned
    1093 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-11-2018 11:21 PM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: FunkyFresh123 Steam ID: RyuTama

My first anime was Pokémon when I was around 8. Though the first anime I knew was anime was InuYasha, probably around age 11 or 12. I remember liking the music and the art, and it all just snowballed from there. The theme song Shinjitsu no Uta in particular is what first got me into Japanese music and the language in general.

Thank you, Do As Infinity.

26. Likes animemerc, frdpwr427 liked this post
    The Black Swordsman Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Soras Keyblade Mario ZStar Autobots
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-26-2019 02:22 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Thrain Steam ID: Discade

Yu-Gi-Oh! and Pokemon as a child. Though back then they were just cartoons to me. I had seen various things on toonami but probably didn't get into anime till around late 2011/ early 2012. SAO was definitely a contributor to my anime addiction. My friend showed me it when it was airing it's first season.
    "Kill a man, one is a murderer. Kill a million, a conqueror. Kill them all, a god."

Xbox Live: Thrain
    MyAnimeList: iRhya

28. Likes animemerc, frdpwr427 liked this post
    Senior Member SaraG25 has a reputation beyond repute SaraG25 has a reputation beyond repute SaraG25 has a reputation beyond repute SaraG25 has a reputation beyond repute SaraG25 has a reputation beyond repute SaraG25 has a reputation beyond repute SaraG25 has a reputation beyond repute SaraG25 has a reputation beyond repute SaraG25 has a reputation beyond repute SaraG25 has a reputation beyond repute SaraG25 has a reputation beyond repute SaraG25's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Kawaiislice Kawaii Neapolitan Icecream Bar
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-22-2016 08:22 PM
    Threads

I was in middle school and I believe it was in 7th grade. A girl that was new to my school introduced me Inuyasha and I liked it a lot.
    I did watch Pokemon then too, but like other people said, I didn't know it was anime at the time.

30. Likes animemerc liked this post
    Senior Member Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Gifts 007 - Squirtle 258 - Mudkip Gabumon
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-26-2024 12:40 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I got into anime, watching Pokemon, Digimon (my favorite anime of all time), Sailor Moon, Gundam Wing, Tenchi Muyo, Rurouni Kenshin, Cowboy Bebop, and Dragonball Z. Entertainment-wise, I had a great childhood. Anime was a big part of that.
    My Wi-Fi, it's gone out . . .

32. Likes animemerc liked this post
    Junior Member Medicalstudent has a spectacular aura about Medicalstudent has a spectacular aura about Medicalstudent's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2015 02:02 PM
    Threads

For me it all began with Dragon-ball! <3 Loved Goku.
    Then it moved to naruto, and that's when I learnt that all these cartoons were actually called anime.
    That's where it picked up.
    I have a on and off relationship with anime, I watch one or two series continously every year. I don't really follow new updated series; usually lose track.

34. Thanks someoneofforumpast thanked for this post
    Likes animemerc, someoneofforumpast liked this post
    Member Blue Spirit will become famous soon enough Blue Spirit will become famous soon enough Blue Spirit's Avatar
    Gil
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-29-2015 02:59 AM
    Threads

My first anime was Sailor Moon and Pokémon without even realizing it was known as anime. I can't remember what age I was at the time so I just assumed it was a regular cartoon like everything else. It wasn't until my late teens when my best friend from the States began mentioning about anime and manga and spending money on both. Of course I regret not showing more interest in anime back then now because I'm sure I would have had interesting talks with her and others and gotten into it earlier.

I didn't get into anime for real until last year. I was checking around on my friends' likes on Facebook and noticed that at least five liked Avatar the Last Airbender, so I checked it out. I fell in love right away and wanted to watch more like it. I asked a friend about her favourites and some recommendations. A few months later I found out that my sister and fiancé watch anime as well. My interest with anime has increased since. It's definitely a lot of fun discussing what you're currently watching or have watched with my brother-in-law and my friend from the States.
    just believe

36. Likes animemerc liked this post
    Junior Member antagonist85 will become famous soon enough antagonist85's Avatar
    Gil
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-11-2015 11:39 PM
    Threads

It all started in 1995. I was walking under the train tracks in New York. There was a video-rental store with a katana and shurikens behind the glass window. I walked in and the shady chubby dude behind the counter was watching episodes of Dragon Ball Z on VHS. My friend and I were very curious about this so-called "Japanese anime". This was before the censored DBZ episodes were broadcasted on North American television.

Shortly after, I purchased the original Vampire Hunter D (1985) and and the DBZ OVA called Lord Slug. These movies were recorded over used VHS tapes at the time and discreetly sold for around $8 each.

I've been into Anime ever since.

38. Likes animemerc liked this post
    Moderator BluGru Mitsuo (Tori) has a reputation beyond repute BluGru Mitsuo (Tori) has a reputation beyond repute BluGru Mitsuo (Tori) has a reputation beyond repute BluGru Mitsuo (Tori) has a reputation beyond repute BluGru Mitsuo (Tori) has a reputation beyond repute BluGru Mitsuo (Tori) has a reputation beyond repute BluGru Mitsuo (Tori) has a reputation beyond repute BluGru Mitsuo (Tori) has a reputation beyond repute BluGru Mitsuo (Tori) has a reputation beyond repute BluGru Mitsuo (Tori) has a reputation beyond repute BluGru Mitsuo (Tori) has a reputation beyond repute BluGru Mitsuo (Tori)'s Avatar
    Gil
    Nerdy
    Gifts Raccoon Jade Disc Soul Eater Soul
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-27-2020 12:39 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Blugrutori

I got into watching and or my first anime would be Astro Boy (old series not the new movie), Sailor Moon, Hamtaro, Ghost in the Shell, Katekyo Hitman Reborn, Deathnote, Naruto, One Peace, Shaman King, Digimon, Pokemon, and etc. Then the newish anime to me would be Diabolik Lovers, Brothers Conflict, Assassination Classroom and etc.

40. Likes animemerc liked this post
    Junior Member Kriking is on a distinguished road Kriking's Avatar
    Gil
    Starving
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-18-2015 06:54 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Kriking

My cousin and friend begged me to watch it to the point where I was annoyed.
    I said if I watched a whole season they have to stop bugging me.
    First anime was Angel Beats
    Slap to the face
    Changed entire view on life and anime

42. Likes animemerc liked this post
    Member HaitchE is on a distinguished road HaitchE's Avatar
    Gil
    Cynical
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-23-2015 05:27 PM
    Threads

Pretty much live on the internet, seen it non stop. Decided to swallow my too cool for that pride and try it. Been hooked since.

44. Likes animemerc liked this post
    Member duo02 is on a distinguished road duo02's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-24-2015 01:41 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: wild thunder 02

I first anime I watched was when I was 8 and it was Akira....... had no idea what was going on it was back when Mtv used to play anime on it. The Three series that got me hooked from there on was when I was 12 was pokemon, dragonball z, and gundam wing. A big thanks to adult swim or whatever they used to call it back in the day *old man status*

46. Likes animemerc liked this post
+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information