AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Google search algorithm EPIC FAIL!

🐮🔪 Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-13-2019 08:41 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Google search algorithm EPIC FAIL!

Ok, so found out about this new Japanese adult visual novel game called "Kiss x Demon Lord x Darjeeling", and decided to do some Google searching for more info about it. The search query I used, as well as the first couple search results, can be seen in the below screencap.

Well, imagine my shock at seeing what's in the next screencap, when I got to the bottom of page 4 of the search results.

Yep, that's right, Google is blocking some of the search results, claiming that they contain "child abuse images" (aka CP). Now I am not exactly sure how it thinks that there's anybody being abused because of this game, but I have some theories, and they all revolve around the fact that this hentai VN game probably contains some loli hentai.

Theory 1: Due to the nature of this game, Google attempted to return some results it considered were related to the game being searched, but which would have contained actual CP, and so were blocked.

Theory 2: Google used an image analysis algorithm on each linked page in the search results, in an attempt to find and weed out pages that contained CP images, and upon discovering loli hentai pics on some of the pages, the algorithm (not yet advanced enough to determine the difference between a real person and a cartoon character) blocked pages that contained said hentai pics.

Whatever the case, it is an EPIC FAIL! If my first theory is correct, then the Google search algorithm needs to be improved, so that searching for a game does not even possibly return results for webpages that contain real CP. If my second theory is correct, the image analysis algorithm needs to be improved so that it doesn't think that animated and drawn characters are real people.
    Click the banner to visit my website.

My website is still under construction, so please visit it often to see it as it grows. You may have to press F5 to refresh the page if there's something new that's not showing (in some rare cases, you may have to use Ctrl+F5). If you wish to contact me about my site and are a member of Animeforum, PM me. If you are just a guest visiting Animeforum, please use [email protected]

Senior Member La Féline is just really nice La Féline is just really nice La Féline is just really nice La Féline is just really nice La Féline is just really nice La Féline's Avatar
    Gil
    Devilish
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-12-2017 08:14 PM
    Threads

Default Re: Google search algorithm EPIC FAIL!

You wanted to search for info on the visual novel, but you got 4 pages in? What info did you expect to find at that point? Are you sure you were just looking for info about it? :PPP

🐮🔪 Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-13-2019 08:41 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by La Féline View Post
    You wanted to search for info on the visual novel, but you got 4 pages in? What info did you expect to find at that point? Are you sure you were just looking for info about it? :PPP
    I was hoping to also find a site that had a complete dump of all the images in the game, to add to my anime picture collection (preferably all of the game's pics in a single zip file). I couldn't find that on the first page of search results, so I kept looking farther into the search results.
    Click the banner to visit my website.

My website is still under construction, so please visit it often to see it as it grows. You may have to press F5 to refresh the page if there's something new that's not showing (in some rare cases, you may have to use Ctrl+F5). If you wish to contact me about my site and are a member of Animeforum, PM me. If you are just a guest visiting Animeforum, please use [email protected]

how 2 u sociul plz? Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin's Avatar
    Gil
    Brooding
    Gifts Ice Cream Ice Cream Fuuko Starfish
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-22-2017 11:19 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

It's almost like you *want* to have the FBI arrest you for searching for this stuff...
    : The Game. You just lost it. :

My signature was so old it broke. RIP signature.

5. Likes La Féline liked this post
    Copyright © 2013 FS FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD's Avatar
    Gil
    Lonely
    Gifts Fuuko Starfish Ice Cream Bamboo Cup
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-19-2023 07:16 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

This is blog material. I'm locking it up.

7. Thanks La Féline thanked for this post
Closed Thread

Thread Information