AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: If Toonami does come back

Senior Member Saracin has a reputation beyond repute Saracin has a reputation beyond repute Saracin has a reputation beyond repute Saracin has a reputation beyond repute Saracin has a reputation beyond repute Saracin has a reputation beyond repute Saracin has a reputation beyond repute Saracin has a reputation beyond repute Saracin has a reputation beyond repute Saracin has a reputation beyond repute Saracin has a reputation beyond repute Saracin's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-27-2013 03:37 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Saracin PSN ID: Saracin651

Default Re: If Toonami does come back

Adult Swim updated their Saturday schedule and revealed new animes for the return of Toonami: Deadman Wonderland and Casshern Sin's. At least now I know what I've got to look forward to and can finally silence my friends who hoped for a return for DBZ or something lol

boopaloop! TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-08-2012 08:46 PM
    Threads

There are many shows I'd love to see them put on (Neon Genesis, FLCL, Samurai Champloo), BUT, they NEEEED to put the Funimation version of One Piece on. 4KIDS made everyone in America think that One Piece is some stupid little kids' show, when in reality it is definitely not. I'm just hoping that putting on the unabridged version could show people that it's actually a good show.

"dude your user name is B.A! props! sounds like a stoner metal band *loves stoner metal*...i might steal it >.>"

-RaShayRitto

Senior Member Saracin has a reputation beyond repute Saracin has a reputation beyond repute Saracin has a reputation beyond repute Saracin has a reputation beyond repute Saracin has a reputation beyond repute Saracin has a reputation beyond repute Saracin has a reputation beyond repute Saracin has a reputation beyond repute Saracin has a reputation beyond repute Saracin has a reputation beyond repute Saracin has a reputation beyond repute Saracin's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by TheThunderBringer View Post
    There are many shows I'd love to see them put on (Neon Genesis, FLCL, Samurai Champloo), BUT, they NEEEED to put the Funimation version of One Piece on. 4KIDS made everyone in America think that One Piece is some stupid little kids' show, when in reality it is definitely not. I'm just hoping that putting on the unabridged version could show people that it's actually a good show.
    Not sure if you saw the article on Anime News, but the guy in charge of Adult Swim said they would have liked to air One Piece, Fairy Tail, Inuyasha: The Final Chater, and others, but it cost to much to get the rights to show them. So gotta get people to watch and get these shows some good ratings so they can get more money for other shows. And they did have FLCL up until this weekend, but honestly I want shows that are newer and haven't been aired on Adult Swim.

Banned Forum / Chat neogalaxy is infamous around these parts neogalaxy is infamous around these parts neogalaxy is infamous around these parts neogalaxy is infamous around these parts neogalaxy is infamous around these parts neogalaxy is infamous around these parts neogalaxy is infamous around these parts neogalaxy is infamous around these parts neogalaxy is infamous around these parts neogalaxy is infamous around these parts neogalaxy is infamous around these parts neogalaxy's Avatar
    Gil
    Goofy
    Gifts Compass
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-23-2013 02:10 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Phxndnassasin13

Hmm im looking foward to the return of Toonami, Maybe they might start fresh with Bleach or air some newer episodes. Along with some new anime, and of course some classics from old Toonami.

Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by neogalaxy View Post
    Hmm im looking foward to the return of Toonami, Maybe they might start fresh with Bleach or air some newer episodes. Along with some new anime, and of course some classics from old Toonami.
    As mentioned before they will have 2 new shows, Deadman Wonderland and Casshern Sin's, following Bleach. Bleach has been nothing but new episodes for a while now, and while I wish they had at least added another half hour to get us out of this filler arc, I understand they need to keep a solid gap behind VIS' DVD releases.

boopaloop! TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-08-2012 08:46 PM
    Threads

Not sure if you saw the article on Anime News, but the guy in charge of Adult Swim said they would have liked to air One Piece, Fairy Tail, Inuyasha: The Final Chater, and others, but it cost to much to get the rights to show them. So gotta get people to watch and get these shows some good ratings so they can get more money for other shows. And they did have FLCL up until this weekend, but honestly I want shows that are newer and haven't been aired on Adult Swim.
    Blah. Maybe in a year or two if they do well in the ratings? I really hope so =S

New shows would be good, but I think they'd do well to put anime that people are familiar with to get them watching Toonami again. After they've re-secured their viewerbase, they should be in a comfortable position to put new ones on. I've read some of Deadman Wonderland and think a lot of people will like that; it could potentially be 'that one new show' that helps people get into unfamiliar anime.

"dude your user name is B.A! props! sounds like a stoner metal band *loves stoner metal*...i might steal it >.>"

-RaShayRitto

Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by TheThunderBringer View Post
    Blah. Maybe in a year or two if they do well in the ratings? I really hope so =S

New shows would be good, but I think they'd do well to put anime that people are familiar with to get them watching Toonami again. After they've re-secured their viewerbase, they should be in a comfortable position to put new ones on. I've read some of Deadman Wonderland and think a lot of people will like that; it could potentially be 'that one new show' that helps people get into unfamiliar anime.
    Well, DW is only 12 episodes, probably one of the reasons they got it cheap lol. But I doubt you'll see a lot of older stuff that they already aired come back. Naruto is airing on Disney XD, DBZ is on Nicktoons and Toonzai, and with Bandai pulling out of North America, I doubt they will license out their already dubbed anime. Personally I feel like Fairy Tail would be one of the best animes for new people they could add, but obviously it wouldn't come cheap.

And also, Casshern Sin's is a reboot of a classic Tatsunoko series, so don't overlook it. Both series star some solid actors from Funimation, so I'm looking forward to them.

That Sick Beat Ravin has a reputation beyond repute Ravin has a reputation beyond repute Ravin has a reputation beyond repute Ravin has a reputation beyond repute Ravin has a reputation beyond repute Ravin has a reputation beyond repute Ravin has a reputation beyond repute Ravin has a reputation beyond repute Ravin has a reputation beyond repute Ravin has a reputation beyond repute Ravin has a reputation beyond repute Ravin's Avatar
    Gil
    Wicked
    Gifts Cancer Cake Golf
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-23-2012 03:51 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

it comes back this saturday

Banned Forum / Chat neogalaxy is infamous around these parts neogalaxy is infamous around these parts neogalaxy is infamous around these parts neogalaxy is infamous around these parts neogalaxy is infamous around these parts neogalaxy is infamous around these parts neogalaxy is infamous around these parts neogalaxy is infamous around these parts neogalaxy is infamous around these parts neogalaxy is infamous around these parts neogalaxy is infamous around these parts neogalaxy's Avatar
    Gil
    Goofy
    Gifts Compass
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-23-2013 02:10 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Phxndnassasin13

Quote Originally Posted by Saracin View Post
    As mentioned before they will have 2 new shows, Deadman Wonderland and Casshern Sin's, following Bleach. Bleach has been nothing but new episodes for a while now, and while I wish they had at least added another half hour to get us out of this filler arc, I understand they need to keep a solid gap behind VIS' DVD releases.
    Ahh i see, thanks for the information man ! Yea i understand a gap between VIS' DVD releases also. Is Deadman Wonderland or Casshern Sin's any good? Are you aware of the Genre?

Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Deadman Wonderland is a violent action series set in a prison in the near future, It's one of those dark series where you're not sure who you can trust. It's only about 12 episode, 13 if they air the OAV, so its short, but good. Casshern Sin's is a reboot of a classic anime, the main character will be familiar to anyone who played Tatsunoko vs Capcom. It's an action series set in a apocalyptic future. Both series are pretty good, Casshern is solid, and while Deadman Wonderland is violent to the point of overkill, its still great. Sadly because of how short it is, it ends right as the manga was getting good. Guess I'll go back to reading it after the anime is done lol.

Senior Member RavenQueen has a brilliant future RavenQueen has a brilliant future RavenQueen has a brilliant future RavenQueen has a brilliant future RavenQueen has a brilliant future RavenQueen has a brilliant future RavenQueen has a brilliant future RavenQueen has a brilliant future RavenQueen has a brilliant future RavenQueen has a brilliant future RavenQueen has a brilliant future RavenQueen's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Luna-P Ball Haruhi Sos Dan Tennis Ball
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-14-2013 10:04 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

tonight is the night that it comes on

Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Yuki haruka View Post
    tonight is the night that it comes on
    Yup, can't wait. I really hope the ratings are good and people get into the two new animes so they can get more and more new shows. Just wish Bleach was out of the stupid filler arc. Sigh.

Moderator / Chat Admin Cless Alvein has a reputation beyond repute Cless Alvein has a reputation beyond repute Cless Alvein has a reputation beyond repute Cless Alvein has a reputation beyond repute Cless Alvein has a reputation beyond repute Cless Alvein has a reputation beyond repute Cless Alvein has a reputation beyond repute Cless Alvein has a reputation beyond repute Cless Alvein has a reputation beyond repute Cless Alvein has a reputation beyond repute Cless Alvein has a reputation beyond repute Cless Alvein's Avatar
    Gil
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-06-2013 05:06 PM
    Threads

It's a great night for anime fans in America. I encourage people to make some noise on the adultswim.com Toonami boards as well as Twitter in addition to watching to make sure this is successful. Higher ratings will mean more new shows.

Anime Forum's First Generation

Quality Since 1999

The Beat of the Rain Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts PPG Buttercup Razor Spinning Beach Ball Doom
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-05-2014 10:56 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Just now found out that Casshern Sins will be on the new Toonami. Really, really great show; the dub was also very good.

"The color fades along the intervals I follow."

Senior Member Darkhallows has much to be proud of Darkhallows has much to be proud of Darkhallows has much to be proud of Darkhallows has much to be proud of Darkhallows has much to be proud of Darkhallows has much to be proud of Darkhallows has much to be proud of Darkhallows has much to be proud of Darkhallows has much to be proud of Darkhallows has much to be proud of Darkhallows's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-11-2012 12:51 AM
    Threads

I'll be watching DW tonight.
    Kind of off topic but anyone know if there's going to be a second season? It ended just when it got interesting.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhallows View Post
    I'll be watching DW tonight.
    Kind of off topic but anyone know if there's going to be a second season? It ended just when it got interesting.
    Hard to say. The manga is currently on hiatus, so no idea when new chapters will be released. The manga was up to chapter 51 and the anime covered up to 21 so there's room for more episodes as long as there's a complete arc in there. We'll just have to wait and see.

Junior Member KeirebuTheWiseWolf has a brilliant future KeirebuTheWiseWolf has a brilliant future KeirebuTheWiseWolf has a brilliant future KeirebuTheWiseWolf has a brilliant future KeirebuTheWiseWolf has a brilliant future KeirebuTheWiseWolf has a brilliant future KeirebuTheWiseWolf has a brilliant future KeirebuTheWiseWolf has a brilliant future KeirebuTheWiseWolf has a brilliant future KeirebuTheWiseWolf has a brilliant future KeirebuTheWiseWolf has a brilliant future KeirebuTheWiseWolf's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-31-2012 09:17 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Doomguy777 Steam ID: Doomguy777

Well, Toonami did come back, and I wasn't AMAZINGLY happy with their selection, I mean I'm fine with FMA and Samurai 7, but I would have liked to see Bleach, One Piece (The non 4Kids version, good lord..), and maybe Death Note. Those are all pretty major animes, and all of them have that teen-adult theme to them.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information