AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Cubs in world series!

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Screwdriver Chameleon Rageface
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-26-2024 10:39 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Smile Cubs in world series!

Hang the Cleveland home field advantage. With their starting rotation, Cubs in 6.

Senior Member La Féline is just really nice La Féline is just really nice La Féline is just really nice La Féline is just really nice La Féline is just really nice La Féline's Avatar
    Gil
    Devilish
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-12-2017 08:14 PM
    Threads

Default Re: Cubs in world series!

Cubs making the finals. It is truly the end of times.

Senior Member Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde's Avatar
    Gil
    Bookworm
    Gifts Silver Ribbon Four Leaf Clover Teal Ribbon
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-08-2019 02:20 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: aspirantgarde

Two supposedly cursed teams going to the World Series? Well then, someone please curse the Atlanta Braves next year.

Senior Member La Féline is just really nice La Féline is just really nice La Féline is just really nice La Féline is just really nice La Féline is just really nice La Féline's Avatar
    Gil
    Devilish
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Cross Avantgarde View Post
    Two supposedly cursed teams going to the World Series? Well then, someone please curse the Atlanta Braves next year.
    Isnt Altanta a curse for sports team in and of itself?

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

The pitching match-ups for the first three games favor the Cubs. But that, of course, is different than having your pitchers all deliver. Someone may have a bad night. Still, they Cubs should win at least one of the first two games in Cleveland stealing the home field advantage.

But then again, the Cubs have Kyle Schwarber batting cleanup. Since the second day of the season, the only pitching he has hit against is last week in the Arizona Fall League. Not exactly the same as facing a bona fide ML pitcher. I have to question this move.

Game time in 45 minutes.

Considering some of the sparse crowds in Cleveland this year, I wonder if it will be a sell out.

Senior Member Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde's Avatar
    Gil
    Bookworm
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by La Féline View Post
    Isnt Altanta a curse for sports team in and of itself?
    Hahah, I appreciate the wit of your post, but I'm not sure what it's like to live in that city. From an outsider's point of view, it seems to have a lot to be proud of, the negative parts notwithstanding.

Edit: After last night the Cubs have an uphill battle, but it can still happen.
    Last edited by Cross Avantgarde; 10-26-2016 at 06:13 PM. Reason: Addendum

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

The Cubs take over the home field advantage.

But really! A four hour game? That really cuts into my anime time.

I sure was wrong about Schwarber.

Gil
    Devilish
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Cross Avantgarde View Post
    Hahah, I appreciate the wit of your post, but I'm not sure what it's like to live in that city. From an outsider's point of view, it seems to have a lot to be proud of, the negative parts notwithstanding.

Edit: After last night the Cubs have an uphill battle, but it can still happen.
    Eh it was a cheap jab at the Trashers and the fact that most of their teams have nothing to show in the trophy case.

Gil
    Bookworm
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Eh it was a cheap jab at the Trashers and the fact that most of their teams have nothing to show in the trophy case.
    Ah, then it was even more apropos than I thought. I have to admit that it went over my head, though, despite the fact that I've actually attended a hockey game (for a team smaller than the Thrashers, however).

I didn't see the game last night, but it was close. Cleveland is in the lead again.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

At this level of baseball, teams do not beat other teams. Teams beat themselves, and the Cubs have been beating themselves badly.

All season long, their approach at the plate has been to be patient, work the count, force the pitcher to work hard, and then hit the pitch the pitcher is forced to throw. During the World Series, they have been overly aggressive mostly without deep counts and swinging at pitches they cannot hit. In game 3, they were trying to drive pitches out of the park which could not be driven, instead of shortening their swings and settling for singles. I guess the wind took their judgement. They looked like the 100 loss Cubs.

Last night I counted only six counts of 5 pitches or more against Kluber. Several at=bats lasted only one pitch. I figured their problem out by the middle of game 3. Why doesn't Maddon get the hitters to change their approach? I wonder what went on in their pre-game meeting. "Listen up, everybody. Kluber is pitching on short rest, so take it easy on him and don't wear him out. I don't want to see any at-bats more than 3-4 pitchers."

Tonight's pitching match-up heavily favors the Cubs, but it will make no difference if they do not change their approach at the plate. This series is done.

Gil
    Devilish
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by PictureGuy View Post
    At this level of baseball, teams do not beat other teams. Teams beat themselves, and the Cubs have been beating themselves badly.

All season long, their approach at the plate has been to be patient, work the count, force the pitcher to work hard, and then hit the pitch the pitcher is forced to throw. During the World Series, they have been overly aggressive mostly without deep counts and swinging at pitches they cannot hit. In game 3, they were trying to drive pitches out of the park which could not be driven, instead of shortening their swings and settling for singles. I guess the wind took their judgement. They looked like the 100 loss Cubs.

Last night I counted only six counts of 5 pitches or more against Kluber. Several at=bats lasted only one pitch. I figured their problem out by the middle of game 3. Why doesn't Maddon get the hitters to change their approach? I wonder what went on in their pre-game meeting. "Listen up, everybody. Kluber is pitching on short rest, so take it easy on him and don't wear him out. I don't want to see any at-bats more than 3-4 pitchers."

Tonight's pitching match-up heavily favors the Cubs, but it will make no difference if they do not change their approach at the plate. This series is done.
    Deep down inside i wanted the cubs to finally win. But ive got to agree with your analysis. Stick a fork in it, its done cook.

Viva la Touhou !!!!! CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack's Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-25-2022 10:53 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: SabotageDaemon

At least they made it to the series. According to what I quickly researched they haven't been to the series since the 1940's. I say good for them anyway. Too bad Back to the Future was just one year off.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

The game 5 win turns things around the pitching match ups for the next two games favor the Cubs, but so did the match ups in those games the Cubs lost. Arrieta should pitch the Cubs to a win -- if he gets the run support. Even in the game 5 victory, the Cubs had only five plate appearances with more than five pitches. With the Cleveland starters on short rest, the Cubs need to make them work more. They need to take the same approach as they did in the regular season. I also am wondering if they should bench Baez who seems to have lost any idea about how to hit. If the Cubs don't start working the count, Cleveland takes the game and the series.

Cleveland will go all out tomorrow night because in game 7 they will face Hendricks, the NL ERA leader.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Game 7 tomorrow night.

Was using Chapman a mistake?

Can Kluber make two consecutive starts on short rest?

There will be a lot of second guessing no matter who wins.

9-3 wins are supposed to be relaxing to watch. This was not a relaxing game.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

It's too late at night to talk about it. All I have to say is:

CUBS WIN!

🐮🔪 "I'll see it when I believe it" 🐮🔪 ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508's Avatar
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Gifts Cookie Cookie Hedgehog
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-16-2023 02:57 PM
    The corner of Everywhere and Nowhere, ya dig?
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: TwilightWolf2508 Steam ID: zombiewolf2508

Too bad my cable was out, according to twitter is was a hell of a game. People are going nuts in Wrigleyfield, climbing light poles and all. Police chatter is going crazy right now. Grats cubs.

My mood on a daily basis

Gil
    Devilish
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

YIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! Reverse jinx worked like a charm! Oh man, that's awesome!
    But boy did this serie made me sweat. What a fairytale ending!

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I was too emotionally and physically exhausted to celebrate last night. The game took everything out of me.

I am glad of the outcome, but really. . . . Both Maddon and Francona mismanaged their pitching staffs. These two are certainly the managers of the year for their leagues, but. . . .

Francona starting two starters on short rest? That is a desperation move. And Kluber two short rest starts in a row?

Maddon using Chapman in game 6 when the game was not on the line? He looked tired then. Chapman had nothing when he came into game 7. And bringing in Lester in the middle of an inning? Lester is not used to that.

We will be talking about this one for a long time.

I have been thinking a lot about my cousin who died a year ago from cancer. He was a big Cubs fan.

Senior Member AnimeBboy has a reputation beyond repute AnimeBboy has a reputation beyond repute AnimeBboy has a reputation beyond repute AnimeBboy has a reputation beyond repute AnimeBboy has a reputation beyond repute AnimeBboy has a reputation beyond repute AnimeBboy has a reputation beyond repute AnimeBboy has a reputation beyond repute AnimeBboy has a reputation beyond repute AnimeBboy has a reputation beyond repute AnimeBboy has a reputation beyond repute AnimeBboy's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Gurren Drill Gurren Dai Gurren Dan K-on Pick
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-04-2017 08:46 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

It was one hell of a game. That HR in the bottom of the 8th was crazy. Both teams left everything out on the field and play well.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I have not yet fully taken it in. My emotions have not yet recovered. But I am going to buy the Championship t-shirt and cap.

Member Jinjer is just really nice Jinjer is just really nice Jinjer is just really nice Jinjer is just really nice Jinjer is just really nice Jinjer's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-20-2016 07:33 AM
    Threads

it brings a tear to my eye, makes me think maybe 2016 isn't such a bad year after all

Gil
    Devilish
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Jinjer View Post
    it brings a tear to my eye, makes me think maybe 2016 isn't such a bad year after all
    Eeeeh, give it some time. Theres still a month+ to go...

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Eeeeh, give it some time. Theres still a month+ to go...
    Tonight will be a bummer. The good news is either Clinton or Trump will lose. The bad news is that one of them will win.

Note Hillary at one time was a Cubs fan -- before moving to New York. While First Lady, she was a member of the Emile Verban Memorial Society, whose membership also included Ronald Reagan and George Will.
    Last edited by PictureGuy; 11-08-2016 at 04:03 PM.

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-25-2024 08:51 PM
    Threads

Back to the Future was only off by 2 years.
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

As the World Series winners, the Cubs will get to visit the White House and meet with the President. But when? If after Trump takes office, things could get awkward.

During the primaries, the Ricketts siblings' mom made a sizable donation to a conservative anti-Trump PAC. When he found out about it, Trump threatened the Ricketts family in a campaign speech. He said, in effect, he had information on the Ricketts and how they are ruining the Cubs, that he will release the information, and he would destroy the family. To their credit, the Ricketts ignored Trump's mouthing off, and Trump never followed through with his threat.

But what if team president Tom Ricketts joins the players when they visit Trump? It would be interesting to watch. As I said, awkward. Although I am sure Tom will remain the class act he is. Can't say that about Trump.
    Last edited by PictureGuy; 11-09-2016 at 05:51 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information