AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Yorushika - Hitchcock

Junior Member Paps is on a distinguished road Paps's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-12-2020 08:51 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Post Yorushika - Hitchcock

Just a minor correction in one line of Yorushika's 'Hitchock' that wouldn't bother me terribly much if I wasn't trying to sing along to it.

First, here's the link to the lyrics: https://www.animelyrics.com/jpop/yor.../hitchcock.htm

On the page, the line in question is written as
    'Hitotsu sen o nukeba tsurasa ni naru no wa waza to na n'deshou ka.'

But audibly, the line can be heard to say
    'Hitotsu sen o nukeba furasa ni naru no wa waza to na n'deshou ka.'

The proposed correction is
    tsurasa -> furasa

Now, I don't claim to know what it means exactly, but what I'm hearing and what is written on there now don't line up, and I've replayed the one bit over and over and I'm certain that's a fu and not a tsu.

The part of the song is at 1:27, for anyone wishing to verify.

AnimeLyrics Admin
    Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-08-2022 08:50 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics

Default Re: Yorushika - Hitchcock

I can tell you that the line is probably right in the regards of it being "tsurasa".
    The song's lyrics are literally pointing out the irony in that if you take the kanji for the word 幸せ "shiawase" (happiness) and remove that top horizontal line, you get the kanji for the word 辛さ "tsurasa" (pain, suffering), which is read "tsurasa" in that context (the kanji is also used for spiciness etc. which would have different readings in that context); so in terms of context, the readings make so much sense I doubt it's wrong. While it's not uncommon to find someone who writes one thing and sings another, in this case, the meaning wouldn't be conveyed unless you use the normal readings of the words (so that the listener can actually imagine what they're trying to say with the kanji) so I doubt that's the case either.
    I can't find any reference to any word "furasa" in Japanese, let alone one that'd fit in the meaning, which helps remove that possibility too.
    For what it's worth, I listened to the song, and while it may just be preconception, I heard "tsurasa"
    Last edited by Fuukanou; 10-12-2020 at 09:31 AM.

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Screwdriver Chameleon Rageface
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-26-2024 10:39 AM
    Threads

Any idea on where to pick up one of her CD's?

Palace of the Fans, Cincinnati

AnimeLyrics Admin
    Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics

Quote Originally Posted by PictureGuy View Post
    Any idea on where to pick up one of her CD's?

I'd recommend Suruga-ya (https://www.suruga-ya.jp/search?cate..._marketplace=0) or YAJ (https://auctions.yahoo.co.jp/search/...cd/22152/?rs=3). You'll need a proxy mail service for getting them, and you'll also have to pay for shipping and tax on them in Japan and in your country (where applicable) but if you want a physical CD this is a hoop you will have to jump through (I wouldn't bother with stores on western amazon and ebay, they'll probably just rip you off). In general, buying anything from Japan is expensive compared to the west, so I recommend just getting the songs digitally off Amazon music (https://www.amazon.co.jp/s?k=%E3%83%...ref=nb_sb_noss), but this also may require an Japanese internet proxy connection (else you may be rejected at the last stage of checkout; not for all songs but some of them have purchase region restrictions).
    Last edited by Fuukanou; 10-13-2020 at 07:57 AM.

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Screwdriver Chameleon Rageface
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-26-2024 10:39 AM
    Threads

^ Yeah, sounds complicated. I'll do some searching around. There are some independent bookstores who carry rare and foreign CD's. It's a long shot.

Did you check out my thread on animation in Japanese music videos? I found some interesting stuff.
    Last edited by PictureGuy; 10-13-2020 at 08:58 PM.

Palace of the Fans, Cincinnati

Junior Member Paps is on a distinguished road Paps's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-12-2020 08:51 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Fuukanou View Post
    I can tell you that the line is probably right in the regards of it being "tsurasa"...
    ...I can't find any reference to any word "furasa" in Japanese, let alone one that'd fit in the meaning, which helps remove that possibility too.
    I do agree with you completely, I couldn't find any myself, which does lead me to believe it must be the lyric there, however...
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuukanou View Post
    For what it's worth, I listened to the song, and while it may just be preconception, I heard "tsurasa"
    ...I still cannot hear tsurasa myself. Especially when repeating the short section over and over I'm hearing a 'fu' every time.
    Actually, it seems everyone I ask hears tsu except me and I have no clue why.
    Thank you for the response anyway, I'll just continue to go crazy listening to it lol

AnimeLyrics Admin
    Gil
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics

Quote Originally Posted by Paps View Post
    ...I still cannot hear tsurasa myself. Especially when repeating the short section over and over I'm hearing a 'fu' every time.
    Actually, it seems everyone I ask hears tsu except me and I have no clue why.

This kinda thing has happened to me before as well, I know the feeling. When I asked if anyone could hear what it was saying, they could hear bits of words I completely can't. My brain just seems skips them when I'm listening to it.

Closed Thread

Thread Information