AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Facts about anime

Junior Member animeallrounder is on a distinguished road animeallrounder's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-30-2016 06:52 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Cool Facts about anime

how many of them did you know?

Moderator Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Gifts Moon Crescent Wand Wine Kangaroo
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2018 04:32 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Facts about anime

Kind of interesting, and I actually already knew number 0! But you should probably call it 'Facts about Manga'.

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Screwdriver Chameleon Rageface
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-18-2024 08:08 PM
    Threads

If there are 40 new anime a week, are we expected to watch them all?

Senior Member Yan Chan has much to be proud of Yan Chan has much to be proud of Yan Chan has much to be proud of Yan Chan has much to be proud of Yan Chan has much to be proud of Yan Chan has much to be proud of Yan Chan has much to be proud of Yan Chan has much to be proud of Yan Chan has much to be proud of Yan Chan has much to be proud of Yan Chan's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-26-2022 02:21 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I'm sure watching 40 anime every week would be unhealthy. What is that then, between 7 and 8 anime every day of the week? God just think of their MAL.

~~~

I THINK this is the clip that you mentioned in fact number 10. Wow, we sure have come a long way since then.

Also I'm not entirely surprised at number 2 with paper being used more for manga than toilet paper. Priorities, and Japan's got it right.

RWBY

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Yan Chan View Post
    I THINK this is the clip that you mentioned in fact number 10. Wow, we sure have come a long way since then.

Also I'm not entirely surprised at number 2 with paper being used more for manga than toilet paper. Priorities, and Japan's got it right.
    In some ways the old cartoons are better. Hand drawn characters show more life than computer generated images. Note the samurai's eyes in this clip.

But do you consider this anime? To me anime is a specific genre of animation with specific characteristics, none of which are seen here. I would call this pre-anime animation.

Of course, anime is Japanese for animation, so in a way this is anime. But though a nice piece of work, it does not resemble what I think of when you say anime.

Senior Member Yan Chan has much to be proud of Yan Chan has much to be proud of Yan Chan has much to be proud of Yan Chan has much to be proud of Yan Chan has much to be proud of Yan Chan has much to be proud of Yan Chan has much to be proud of Yan Chan has much to be proud of Yan Chan has much to be proud of Yan Chan has much to be proud of Yan Chan's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-26-2022 02:21 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PictureGuy View Post
    In some ways the old cartoons are better. Hand drawn characters show more life than computer generated images. Note the samurai's eyes in this clip.

But do you consider this anime? To me anime is a specific genre of animation with specific characteristics, none of which are seen here. I would call this pre-anime animation.

Of course, anime is Japanese for animation, so in a way this is anime. But though a nice piece of work, it does not resemble what I think of when you say anime.
    I suppose that this is anime, but to a certain extent. I think it's only because it was actually made in Japan. But other than that, I do not see it any more different than the old Western cartoons shorts here (like Steamboat Willie/Willy).

RWBY

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Yan Chan View Post
    (like Steamboat Willie/Willy).
    Since it was with Mickey Mouse, why did't they call it Steamboat Mickey? Or they could have called Mickey, Willie Mouse. Or is that too suggestive?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information