AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Is AniChan even a real company?

🐮🔪 Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-13-2019 08:41 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Is AniChan even a real company?

Ok, so I've had this AMV video up for 5 years on Youtube.

But just today it got blocked for copyright violation. The company claiming the copyright is AniChan. I've never heard of them before in my life. Are they even a real company? Or are they just a troll Youtuber who goes around flagging random videos for copyright violations, as a way of just trolling other Youtubers? In other words, do they possibly have a legitimate claim on the anime? The anime in question is Prism Ark. If they don't have a legitimate claim on it, I plan to file a counter-notification. However, if they do have a legitimate claim on it, then filing a counter-notification could actually get me banned from Youtube (this happened to another one of my Youtube accounts in the past).
    Click the banner to visit my website.

My website is still under construction, so please visit it often to see it as it grows. You may have to press F5 to refresh the page if there's something new that's not showing (in some rare cases, you may have to use Ctrl+F5). If you wish to contact me about my site and are a member of Animeforum, PM me. If you are just a guest visiting Animeforum, please use [email protected]

Senior Member La Féline is just really nice La Féline is just really nice La Féline is just really nice La Féline is just really nice La Féline is just really nice La Féline's Avatar
    Gil
    Devilish
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-12-2017 08:14 PM
    Threads

Default Re: Is AniChan even a real company?

Seems like a real company, but a wrongful claim or a small channel on a powertrip.
    If you know japanese, take it up with them:
    Their channel, says verified
    Their PR twitteroo
    Good luck with that pal.

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Screwdriver Chameleon Rageface
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-18-2024 09:00 PM
    Threads

You can lookup AniChan and find out. There are a lot of anime distributors who apparently are ignoring the fair use clause of copyright laws and trying to squeeze the users for royalties.

The law is on your side if you are using the original material to parody. There is a right to parody. Also you can use bits and pieces if, for example, you are doing a review. You cannot post entire episodes on your own without the permission of the copyright holder, assuming there is still a valid copyright.

But some of these companies don't recognize the benefits of free advertising when they see it. They will try to get you to pay royalties, whether you actually violate the copyright laws or not. And since they have the big expensive lawyers on your side, you may have a hard time standing up for your legal rights.

A while back on YouTube, quite a few channel owners were posting videos protesting the violation of their fair use rights. I have not heard anything recently. All I know is if I owned the rights to an anime, and someone posted a good review, I certainly would not protest. I'd probably write them a thank you note.

4. Likes La Féline liked this post
    🐮🔪 Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

The AMV in question does not show a complete episode, but does show the complete final battle of the anime, including the main character's most powerful attack. Some might consider that taking away people's interest in watching the full anime, because a lot of people might just buy it to watch the cool fight scenes (rather than because they are interested in the full story depicted in the anime).

Does AniChan actually own any distribution rights, or any other legal rights to the Prism Ark anime TV series (not the visual novel)? The copyright notice I got specified times in the video that contained copyright violating content, and it was all where the TV series final battle scene was, not where the visual novel intro scene was. I'm not sure that I can claim fair use for an AMV, because an AMV is not usually a parody or commentary on the material, but rather is usually (and in this case it is for certain, as I never created it with parody or commentary in mind) a derivative work created for the entertainment of the viewers of the video. So I don't think I legally can claim fair use. The only thing I could possibly file counter-notification for is if the company in question did not in fact own any copyright to the material in question.

This is why I will need some help in determining if in fact AniChan does have any legal rights to the Prism Ark anime.

My website is still under construction, so please visit it often to see it as it grows. You may have to press F5 to refresh the page if there's something new that's not showing (in some rare cases, you may have to use Ctrl+F5). If you wish to contact me about my site and are a member of Animeforum, PM me. If you are just a guest visiting Animeforum, please use [email protected]

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Screwdriver Chameleon Rageface
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-18-2024 09:00 PM
    Threads

If it is that important to you, consult a lawyer.

Gil
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PictureGuy View Post
    If it is that important to you, consult a lawyer.
    I don't need a lawyer. I just need to confirm whether or not AniChan actually owns any rights to the Prism Ark anime TV series.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information