AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Adding two already existing lyrics to the right album

AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    Ghdf is on a distinguished road Ghdf's Avatar
    Gil
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-01-2020 11:31 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Default Adding two already existing lyrics to the right album

Hey guys,
    Sorry for the weird thread name, but I couldn't think of a better way to describe my idea.
    Anyway, I've recently realized two things regarding to 40mP Album "chiisana jibun to ookina sekai""
    1. For the third track of the album, Time Machine , there is already a translation, ( here ) but it's not listed on the album page.
    So there are two pages for the same song.

2. The song "Kiritorisen" is already listed as belonging to annother album, but would it be possible to just add a link to 40mp's album, since it's a part of it?

Sorry for nagging about it, but this one's my favourite album

Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei's Avatar
    Gil
    Psychadelic
    Gifts Favorite Bioshock Syringe Bioshock Eve
    Mentioned
    274 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-27-2019 06:35 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: aozorapen

Default Re: Adding two already existing lyrics to the right album

2. That's...not a 40mP song though. I take it you were trying to refer to the one here? In that case, yes, I think you could ask an admin to add it to the album itself.

できねぇ時?
    そん時ゃ諸共心中だよ

Gil
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Quote Originally Posted by Rei View Post
    2. That's...not a 40mP song though. I take it you were trying to refer to the one here? In that case, yes, I think you could ask an admin to add it to the album itself.
    Thanks for correcting my mistake ^_^

AnimeLyrics Admin
    EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-25-2020 10:24 AM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: xenographer Steam ID: xen0glossy

Re: "two pages for the same song", that's just how things work here; there's no way to link one set of lyrics from multiple artist/game/anime/etc. pages, so what happens when there's a set of lyrics that belongs in multiple places is that I manually add a different copy of the page under each relevant category. This means that when someone submits a translation by clicking the link on one of the lyrics pages, it won't automatically be added to all the relevant pages. Either the submitter has to tell me that I should manually add it to other lyrics pages or I have to know that the song is in more than one category, so obviously sometimes things slip through the cracks, because I don't know everything and sometimes submitters don't think to tell me or don't know themselves that there are multiple instances of these specific lyrics on the site.

5. Thanks Ghdf thanked for this post
    Gil
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

I understand.

You see, I'm not really familiar with how a website technically works, so I'll just thought I ask what's possbile.
    Anyway, thank you for fulfilling my wish!

AnimeLyrics Admin
    EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-25-2020 10:24 AM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: xenographer Steam ID: xen0glossy

Well, "things a website can do" and "things this website, specifically, can do" are kind of different things, so it's not a lack of technical knowledge on your part, just that the way this site works is sometimes unintuitive. I wasn't annoyed that you didn't know or anything, I just thought you might like to understand what was going on.

Closed Thread

Thread Information