AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: That vile site is finally GONE FOR GOOD!

🐮🔪 Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-13-2019 08:41 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default That vile site is finally GONE FOR GOOD!

Remember that site www.metokur.org which was responsible for so much online bullying? Finally the guy running it shut it down, and apologized for all the trouble he caused, and admitted that no apology would probably be enough to make up for what he'd done. I'm so glad that he closed it and finally admitted wrongdoing, especially since I was one of the unfortunate people who were doxed by the guys at that site. Yep, some morons there doxed me, and then tried to scam me out of $1000. Fortunately I didn't fall for the scam, and didn't pay the $1000. So yeah, I'm glad to see that site go away. And I was so close to paying too.

You see, it all started like this. I had heard news reports (even TV news) which reported that this gaming group had supposedly made this horrible/shocking/terrible game (though they never released it or anything about it, other than a few videos showing some game play), called School Shooter. Yep, School Shooter sounded like a terrible and tasteless game, but I was curious to see just what it was like. I finally tracked down the website of the group that made the game (the Metokur website), and joined their forum to request a copy of the game. When I asked for a copy of the game, they said the maker of the game was dead (which was a lie, as he'd had recent posts on the site) and that his death meant the game's release had to be canceled, so I called them on that. First I tried to pretend I believed he was dead and said something like "Considering the nature of this game, the maker of it was clearly trying to make a stand on freedom of speech, and if you don't release it you will be failing to carry out the game maker's wishes, and suppressing free speech". They then said how thoughtless I was, that I would care only about a game, and not a dead person (of course I knew it was a fake claim of death, because in other threads in the forum, he'd posted as recently as the same day). But I continued my ruse of pretending to believe them and said "But I do care about him, that's why I think you should fulfill his wishes, and release the game". Well a couple days later I got an email from them at an email address that I have NEVER made public (one I use only for stuff like official business, not the email address I use to sign up at video game and anime forums). The email claimed to be from Metokur's legal aid, and said that they were suing me for emotional hardship my comments on the forum had caused to grieving forum members, who were mourning the loss of this one forum member. This person who claimed to be their lawyer said to immediately contact him by Skype, to discuss the issue. So that's exactly what I did. I didn't use voice or video chat though, because something didn't quite feel right about this whole situation, and I didn't want to give them any images of me or voice samples from me. I used text chat only. While chatting, this person who claimed to be their lawyer said that they would be willing to settle for $1000, but that if I refused to pay, they would sue me for more or even have me arrested. I tried to reason with him, and apologized for any offense I may have caused by my comments, stating that even though I pretended that I believed that this person was dead, in fact I didn't believe that they were, and that's why my comments may have been somewhat offensive (at this point I was starting to be convinced that this person really may have had a sudden death or something, and thus really was dead, and I started to feel guilty about my past comments). However he said that an apology was not enough, and continued to demand $1000 from me. I was about ready to send him all the money in my bank account (I had only a little more than $1000 in the bank, but was about ready to pay that amount to avoid an even larger lawsuit that he was threatening), when I noticed something in the email he was sending me. It was a HOTMAIL address, which is a free Microsoft email address. I then immediately knew this was a scam. No lawyer would use anything other than his official business email address in order to contact somebody about official business like a pending lawsuit. At that point, I sent him over Skype a message telling him that I realized this whole thing was fake, and closed my Skype program. I also refused to reply to any further communications from him, and after a couple more threatening messages from him (all of which I put straight into my email trash bin), he finally stopped contacting me. I never heard anything after that from him ever again. I guess when he knew that I knew that he was faking the whole thing, he stopped finding it entertaining to harass and attempt to scam me.

I then started browsing their site to see if I could figure out how he got an email address that I never used to register at the forums on that site. That's when I found a link from their forums to a stash of dox files that they were keeping, including one on me. Just how much personal info they had on me was HORRIFYING! To this day, I don't know how they got it all, but they had almost all of my email addresses, my username at every single forum that I've ever joined (which is like several dozen), my REAL NAME, my REAL STREET ADDRESS, my REAL DATE OF BIRTH, and even a screencap from Google Earth Street View which showed the house where I live! Pretty much the only things they did NOT have were my SS#, my debit card number, and my ATM pin number.

So yeah, I'm SO GLAD that the guy running that site finally got a conscience and took the site down.
    Last edited by Animedude5555; 05-18-2015 at 06:15 AM.
    Click the banner to visit my website.

My website is still under construction, so please visit it often to see it as it grows. You may have to press F5 to refresh the page if there's something new that's not showing (in some rare cases, you may have to use Ctrl+F5). If you wish to contact me about my site and are a member of Animeforum, PM me. If you are just a guest visiting Animeforum, please use [email protected]

Senior Member Metaphasic has a reputation beyond repute Metaphasic has a reputation beyond repute Metaphasic has a reputation beyond repute Metaphasic has a reputation beyond repute Metaphasic has a reputation beyond repute Metaphasic has a reputation beyond repute Metaphasic has a reputation beyond repute Metaphasic has a reputation beyond repute Metaphasic has a reputation beyond repute Metaphasic has a reputation beyond repute Metaphasic has a reputation beyond repute Metaphasic's Avatar
    Gil
    Fine
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-11-2016 03:38 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Metaphasic

Default Re: That vile site is finally GONE FOR GOOD!

Never heard of it. Strange. I thought I'd seem almost everything.

Junior Member henryford is on a distinguished road henryford's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-23-2015 12:21 PM
    Threads

Why haven't I heard of it? Nevertheless, it's a great thing that the issue is resolved. Online bullying, or any form of bullying for that matter is frowned upon.
    Check out my blog dedicated to anime pls ~

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-11-2024 06:40 PM
    Threads

Never heard of it.

Did you by any chance have something to do with it?
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

🐮🔪 Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_n View Post
    Never heard of it.

Did you by any chance have something to do with it?
    No. I would never have anything to do with setting up such an evil website. However as I said in my post, I was victimized by it, and they almost successfully tricked me into sending them $1000.

My website is still under construction, so please visit it often to see it as it grows. You may have to press F5 to refresh the page if there's something new that's not showing (in some rare cases, you may have to use Ctrl+F5). If you wish to contact me about my site and are a member of Animeforum, PM me. If you are just a guest visiting Animeforum, please use [email protected]

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-11-2024 06:40 PM
    Threads

Define "victimized". Because around here... well let's just say there's a difference from being picked on and getting what you deserve.
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

Gil
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_n View Post
    Define "victimized". Because around here... well let's just say there's a difference from being picked on and getting what you deserve.
    You think I deserve to be scammed out of $1000?
    Remember, the website I'm talking about here is known for cyber-bullying its members. It's been claimed that some were even driven to suicide. Do you think that's what they "deserved"?

Senior Member Lightfighter has a reputation beyond repute Lightfighter has a reputation beyond repute Lightfighter has a reputation beyond repute Lightfighter has a reputation beyond repute Lightfighter has a reputation beyond repute Lightfighter has a reputation beyond repute Lightfighter has a reputation beyond repute Lightfighter has a reputation beyond repute Lightfighter has a reputation beyond repute Lightfighter has a reputation beyond repute Lightfighter has a reputation beyond repute Lightfighter's Avatar
    Gil
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-16-2022 08:51 PM
    Threads

Animedude, you are my dreamcatcher.

Ace Kaitous YOU Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Hat Rayman Baboon With A Gun Bioshock Syringe
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-23-2024 09:22 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: kaitou ace42 PSN ID: kaitou42 Steam ID: kaitou_ace

That sounds very shady indeed, and yeah, if they were trying to get a grand out of you for "emotional hardship" because you posted on their forums that's lunacy.

However, I know plenty lawyers who use hotmail, yahoo, aol and gmail email addresses, so that part isn't much of a sign. You should be able to find any lawyer on their states bar association website however to see if they're legit.

Gil
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou Ace View Post
    That sounds very shady indeed, and yeah, if they were trying to get a grand out of you for "emotional hardship" because you posted on their forums that's lunacy.

However, I know plenty lawyers who use hotmail, yahoo, aol and gmail email addresses, so that part isn't much of a sign. You should be able to find any lawyer on their states bar association website however to see if they're legit.
    They probably wouldn't use hotmail though for actual official business communication. Maybe they'd have one for their personal account, but these free email services aren't secure enough for confidential communications involving legal matters. Any lawyer who was worth his stuff, would have his own email server, which would be running on a computer physically situated in the law-firm's HQ building where he worked. And it would use the nothing less than highest grade of encryption available.

Ace Kaitous YOU Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Hat Rayman Baboon With A Gun Bioshock Syringe
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-23-2024 09:22 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: kaitou ace42 PSN ID: kaitou42 Steam ID: kaitou_ace

No, they definitely do use those accounts as their primary and usually only email for both personal and client work, and they are pretty high caliber lawyers who've been in a few big cases.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information