AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Suicide - What is your opinion?

What a feeling in my soul Artcell has a reputation beyond repute Artcell has a reputation beyond repute Artcell has a reputation beyond repute Artcell has a reputation beyond repute Artcell has a reputation beyond repute Artcell has a reputation beyond repute Artcell has a reputation beyond repute Artcell has a reputation beyond repute Artcell has a reputation beyond repute Artcell has a reputation beyond repute Artcell has a reputation beyond repute Artcell's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Gifts Red Dango Telescope Favorite
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-10-2012 04:21 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

I always have thoughts about suicide..But the next moment I realise that there are people who loves me.
    And I agree,it is selfish.What will happen to those who loves and cares for me when I die?....I can't do something like that to them...
    Well,I think we shouldn't run away from our problems,we should deal with them...There are times when you feel like isolating yourself from the world...There are times when your to scared to face your problems....But you can talk to someone who will listen to you,you'll feel much better,you shouldn't bottle things up........
    I've had many problems like these...I told them to a very close friend and felt much better..He eased my pain...
    ...........There are people who loves you,so think about what your about to do before suiciding....
    Lovely set made by the awesome Arxia!
    Thanks so much girl!
    ♥♥♥

Isolated ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR's Avatar
    Gil
    Suspicious
    Gifts Kawaii Ice Cream Cone
    Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-07-2016 12:12 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

A lot of you keep saying it is selfish, some even said that they never talk to people before killing themselves. Can you imagine being that person? If it was a child who is being bullied and they ACTUALLY talk to someone for help and NOTHING is done about it. It can get worse and worse, and then they snap, they want out of it, parents can't do much to help if it is at school.

If it is at home and they talk to someone about it and nothing is done then the kid can go snap once again.

The thing is, it all depends on the reasoning behind why you want to cause suicide, if it is, like earlier in the forum, to get ride of pain from a disease, then allow them to do it if they want to do it. If it is from being bullied and no one would help then I see it reasonable (I've been down that road myself, that is how I say that.), and if it is for just attention then it isn't even worth thinking about suicide, they just need mental help.
    I am no more a rose than I am its thorns.
    No more a gentle breeze than I am the hailing storm.
    I am no more hated than I am loved.
    And I am no more heartfilled than I am heartless.
    This is who I am.
    ~ELR

Banned Forum / Chat .fnhvmnvmv has a reputation beyond repute .fnhvmnvmv has a reputation beyond repute .fnhvmnvmv has a reputation beyond repute .fnhvmnvmv has a reputation beyond repute .fnhvmnvmv has a reputation beyond repute .fnhvmnvmv has a reputation beyond repute .fnhvmnvmv has a reputation beyond repute .fnhvmnvmv has a reputation beyond repute .fnhvmnvmv has a reputation beyond repute .fnhvmnvmv has a reputation beyond repute .fnhvmnvmv has a reputation beyond repute .fnhvmnvmv's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-16-2010 10:28 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blackwick View Post
    If it was a child who is being bullied and they ACTUALLY talk to someone for help and NOTHING is done about it. It can get worse and worse, and then they snap, they want out of it, parents can't do much to help if it is at school.

If it is at home and they talk to someone about it and nothing is done then the kid can go snap once again.
    Agreed with this.
    To talk to someone doesn't help much. It just make things worse. This is my expirience. When I was bullied at school, I went to my parents after a long time and they talked to my teachers. But it just made everything worse. The bullies went on and followed me after school and beat me up etc. asking me why I told all this to my parents.
    And my problems at home: My family wants to keep their 'ideal family' image. This is one of the reasons why I rarely talked about my problems there.
    And if I talk to someone they can not help me out because they don't know how to handle with.

I guess I've /I'm learn/ing to live with these problems. All I've learned til now is, that you can not hide from them or just push them away. And to get free of them is nearly impossible.

Senior Member Teddy2116 has a reputation beyond repute Teddy2116 has a reputation beyond repute Teddy2116 has a reputation beyond repute Teddy2116 has a reputation beyond repute Teddy2116 has a reputation beyond repute Teddy2116 has a reputation beyond repute Teddy2116 has a reputation beyond repute Teddy2116 has a reputation beyond repute Teddy2116 has a reputation beyond repute Teddy2116 has a reputation beyond repute Teddy2116 has a reputation beyond repute Teddy2116's Avatar
    Gil
    Relaxed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-30-2011 05:06 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: dragofgravity

Eh... really its kinda stupid in my eyes, i mean really someone would end their life (usually cause of a few "bad" moments) is just really stupid. So what if something happened that you were hurt by and just means something else will happen that will make you feel better so just wait for it.

Yilin's Candy Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-04-2009 08:20 AM
    Threads

I have no pity for those who commit or try to commit suicide. If life sucks so much that you want to end it; then do something about it. How much worse could it make things if death is your current best option?

Seeking Opinions on Lil' Gothic Girl Wallpapers 1, 2

hobo for hire realms89 has a reputation beyond repute realms89 has a reputation beyond repute realms89 has a reputation beyond repute realms89 has a reputation beyond repute realms89 has a reputation beyond repute realms89 has a reputation beyond repute realms89 has a reputation beyond repute realms89 has a reputation beyond repute realms89 has a reputation beyond repute realms89 has a reputation beyond repute realms89 has a reputation beyond repute realms89's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-19-2010 07:58 PM
    A drifting spec in the depths of the galaxy
    Threads

Before i used to think the less people on this planet the better, thne i encountered some rather lame situations. Honestly if youknow someone who you think is going down that road, Get them help.
    great anime torrent http://dattebayo.com/t/

Live to ride, ride to live.

Second rate troll gaaraanimelover is infamous around these parts gaaraanimelover is infamous around these parts gaaraanimelover is infamous around these parts gaaraanimelover is infamous around these parts gaaraanimelover is infamous around these parts gaaraanimelover is infamous around these parts gaaraanimelover's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-04-2009 08:14 PM
    Threads

I personally enjoy suicide because it reminds me of the good old days, when taking other people's lives away was completely normal and in fact, honorable in civilized society. Don't get me wrong, it is upsetting when someone dies. However, if you stop and think about it for just a moment, there are some pros to suicide.

1. The more people that die, the less that the earth becomes overpopulated.
    2. Whether you like it or not, you are going to die eventually.
    3. Losing your life and grieving over a loss is a natural part of life and it is unhealthy not to be able to realize this.

I am confused as to why the majority of people in this thread think that suicide is "selfish" or "negative." I urge who ever is "stuck" in this frame of mind to try to see this wonderful experience in a new light. Try thinking about this entire concept outside the box. Who knows? You might get something out of it. I have a major in psychology, and I deal with situations like this everyday. So just keep in mind what I'm talking about, before you fill this thread with unpleasantness.
    That is all,
    gaaraanimelover

The Rogue... Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-01-2009 05:05 PM
    Threads

Life is hard,but you'll just have to live with it...
    Rather than wallow in self pity,find something to "fix" the problems you're having,not to permanently end it...
    People tend to commit suicide simply to run away from the life itself,and from the problems that are comming with it...
    Anyone willing to commit suicide obviously only cares about themselves,and they aren’t thinking about the pain and grief they’ll inflict on loved ones...

But again,who am I to judge...?Who are we to judge...?
    This view is shared by a lot of people,typicaly with good lives so they can't normaly take themselves and place themselves into a suicides shoes...
    As for the selfish part some members mentioned...
    Just by being alive and allowing yourself to think of yourself,you are in fact being selfish,therefore when you worry about 'your' pain and 'your' suffering, and you decide that 'your' pain is to great to exist,then yes indeed, suicide is selfish, but not any more selfish than anything else...
    I think about it as a weakness,and cowardly move,to be honest...Life is hard indeed,but strong people live with it,weaker are giving in...

...a gift from Balance...the legend itself...

~ click the button,I dare you ~

Cowboy Psychologist Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show's Avatar
    Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-29-2013 12:07 AM
    Threads

gaaraanimelover, please provide evidence of a time when the taking of a life was normal and honorable, and what taking a life has to do with suicide? If you were being sarcastic, mea culpa, but I honestly can't tell. Suicide is not something wonderful, especially in light of cultural and religious views towards suicide and the more observable effects of a suicide on those around the victim.

Hamashimura, have you read any of the thread up to this point? What does one do if their problems can't be "fixed"? Is a dependent/elderly individual committing suicide to lessen the burden placed on his family by his care wholly self-absorbed?

Methinks critical thinking and problem solving classes should be required, every other year, K-12, and at least two classes worth in every major...

Bad Memory

Senior Member Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-20-2011 04:22 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Forgotten Show View Post
    Hamashimura, have you read any of the thread up to this point? What does one do if their problems can't be "fixed"? Is a dependent/elderly individual committing suicide to lessen the burden placed on his family by his care wholly self-absorbed?
    Euthenaisa is a whole different matter. There are special facilities for that.

Rising Falcon! Señor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Señor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Señor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Señor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Señor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Señor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Señor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Señor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Señor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Señor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Señor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Señor Nobody's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Xmas Tree Present Gurren Kamina Glasses
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-01-2017 11:40 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ErraticKyosuke

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfwood View Post
    I have no pity for those who commit or try to commit suicide. If life sucks so much that you want to end it; then do something about it. How much worse could it make things if death is your current best option?
    I agree, if you hit rock bottom, you may as well try to improve your life. What have you got to lose?
    I now know what hell sounds like; I recommend a tactical nuclear strike on my position. Tell my family I love them.

SES Member Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-19-2010 04:38 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 3815-8940-4087-6200

Killing yourself is only selfish if you leave a mess.

Cowboy Psychologist Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show's Avatar
    Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by No Es Ningun Juego! View Post
    Euthenaisa is a whole different matter. There are special facilities for that.
    Actually, there aren't in most places in the world, including America and much of Europe. Euthanasia isn't really an option, and so it comes down to less formal methods of taking one's own life (you know... suicide). That still does not address my prior comments.

Bad Memory

This is my AWESOME face! Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-17-2009 06:54 PM
    Threads

Depends. Sitting in an old folks home* suffering from some sort of terminal disease, or something like alzheimer's? Suicide puts less burden on your caregivers and pretty much says that you'll die on your own terms.

Life been a literal hell recently? Try and work through it. But if you really want to do it, that's your choice.

Being a damned emo and whining about how life sucks when it doesn't? Grow a goddamned pair. It could be worse, stop whining.

*The terminal disease can also apply to anyone younger
    The Tao of Rayne - Clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience...if that fails, try something in the dairy variety.

Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Storm Strife View Post
    It could be worse, stop whining.
    And if it is worse? Who would decide if it's worse?

Bad Memory

This is my AWESOME face! Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

And if it is worse? Who would decide if it's worse?
    Let me put it this way. If their life is truly hell, like I already said, then it's harder for worse things to happen. But if the reason for life sucking is that their girlfriend / boyfriend broke up with them, nobody likes them, and other teen rubbish, then yes, life could be a hell of a lot worse.
    The Tao of Rayne - Clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience...if that fails, try something in the dairy variety.

Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Okay, so your answer to the second question is you decide what's worse. What about the answer to the first question?

Bad Memory

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Okay, so your answer to the second question is you decide what's worse.
    Show me where I outright said that. Because I think a lot of people would agree that breaking up with someone ranks lower on the "Life sucks" scale than, say, being a homeless drunk or a rape victim.

Simple Truth CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-04-2010 02:07 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I'd say , " If you really want to give your life away, let it be the one which can be benefitial to the helpless people (even if it's just one person) or which is for the better good, but if and only, you were not able to accomplish them with the power you had as you were alive. Even the attempt for such cause is praise-worthy in my book.

However, meaningless suicide is what I gravely dissapprove, even if some are really pitiful and have painful reasons to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Nobody View Post
    I agree, if you hit rock bottom, you may as well try to improve your life. What have you got to lose?
    Well, one might not have anything left to loose but, one may have to endure even more pain and more hardship to move forward. However, you are quite right. Sometimes in life, you have to move two steps backward to move one step ahead, and you'll find yourself in the same place or even worse. But to never give up is the key to success and in time you'll reach your goal...

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuuzaki HD View Post
    Killing yourself is only selfish if you leave a mess.
    I have to agree with this statement too,...to some extent....>.>....
    Last edited by CrystalAce; 05-24-2009 at 11:39 AM.
    "To do is to be" - Descartes, "To be is to do" - Voltaire, "Do be do be do" - Sinatra.

NOTHING OUT OF THE ORDINARY

Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Show me where I outright said that.
    Sure. In response to me asking who would decide what's worse, you provided an answer that cannot be interpreted to mean something other than you do, indicated by an answer without a qualifier to indicate it may differ from person to person. Breaking up with a life partner, or a long-time significant other, with whom you've built significant emotional and financial ties is not a low-ranking stressor (I have literature that can support this, if you'd like). Too broad a brush you paint with.

Oh, and you still haven't answered the "What then?" I proposed two posts ago.

Bad Memory

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Breaking up with a life partner, or a long-time significant other, with whom you've built significant emotional and financial ties is not a low-ranking stressor (I have literature that can support this, if you'd like). Too broad a brush you paint with.
    But I'm not talking about a life-long partner. I'm talking about a kid who whines because his girlfriend of 2 - 4 months broke up with him. I am talking about whiny emo teens who always manage to find something slightly wrong with their life and then moan to everyone and their dog that life is hell and that they turn to things like cutting because it "dulls the pain of my soul". Hell of a difference between that and breaking up with someone you've spent 16 or 15 years with.

As for the first question, I already said your general emo teeny-bopper problems are never as worse as other things in life.

Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

But I'm not talking about a life-long partner.
    I see. So you're introducing specific examples that weren't there originally (I note that it's still you deciding what's sufficiently sucky enough, and what isn't, with no indication that it can vary person to person). I want to touch on the topic of cutting, but it's only mildly related to the topic. Self-harm behavior is not always synonymous with suicidal ideation.

As for the first question, I already said your general emo teeny-bopper problems are never as worse as other things in life.
    You still haven't answered the question. What if their lives really do suck? What if they really are bottoming out? What then? If you think "your general emo teeny-boppers" are the only ones thinking about suicide, or are even the ones psychologists and psychiatrists are most concerned about when it comes to suicidal ideation, I strongly suggest acknowledging that you don't know your butt from a hole in the ground and that you go do some actual research on the subject. What you're presenting as a concern, isn't.

Bad Memory

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I see. So you're introducing specific examples that weren't there originally (I note that it's still you deciding what's sufficiently sucky enough, and what isn't, with no indication that it can vary person to person). I want to touch on the topic of cutting, but it's only mildly related to the topic. Self-harm behavior is not always synonymous with suicidal ideation.

You still haven't answered the question. What if their lives really do suck? What if they really are bottoming out? What then? If you think "your general emo teeny-boppers" are the only ones thinking about suicide, or are even the ones psychologists and psychiatrists are most concerned about when it comes to suicidal ideation, I strongly suggest acknowledging that you don't know your butt from a hole in the ground and that you go do some actual research on the subject. What you're presenting as a concern, isn't.
    Oh for christ...

I'd like to remind you of my original post.

Depends. Sitting in an old folks home* suffering from some sort of terminal disease, or something like alzheimer's? Suicide puts less burden on your caregivers and pretty much says that you'll die on your own terms.

Life been a literal hell recently? Try and work through it. But if you really want to do it, that's your choice.

Being a damned emo and whining about how life sucks when it doesn't? Grow a goddamned pair. It could be worse, stop whining.

*The terminal disease can also apply to anyone younger
    Specifically the bolded bit. I know that there will be people, even teens, who have big problems. That is why I placed it there.

However, the last part of my post is focused on the people who don't actually have a bad life. In fact, it's quite luxurious. However, they pretend that they have a bad life to get attention. They threaten suicide, but never actually follow through. The people who turn 'emo' because its cool.

If they are going through some really bad things, then they can act like that. But if they do it because they're attention-whores, then I have no sympathy for them.

Second rate troll gaaraanimelover is infamous around these parts gaaraanimelover is infamous around these parts gaaraanimelover is infamous around these parts gaaraanimelover is infamous around these parts gaaraanimelover is infamous around these parts gaaraanimelover is infamous around these parts gaaraanimelover's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-04-2009 08:14 PM
    Threads

In response to what Forgotten Snow replied to me, suicide was a completely honorable and normal thing to do in the late 1800's in some parts of Greenland, where the population was rapidly increasing. If I do recall correctly, this part of Greenlandian history was known as The Death era, and was also partially implemented to appease the nation of Greenland's renowned figure, Dionysus. At this point in history, Dionysus was the overseer of Greenland's population data and discovered by 1897 thatGreenland had a surplus of people that were planning to overthrow the legislative branch of the United States (seeing how close the two countries were together, geographically speaking). Anywho, a law was quickly passed saying that approximately three hundred random people picked out of a gigantic hat would be forced to commit suicide. Furthermore, the immediate families that had a family member who committed suicide from this cause would have to pay no taxes for the duration of ten months.

My senior year history teacher told me all of this information and I kept the notes.

Any thoughts?

Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Storm Strife, I recognized that part. You effectively covered the people with problems that can be fixed or worked through, and the people who don't really have problems at all. But you're missing the main counter point I've been trying to hammer across: not all problems can be fixed or worked through. What do you propose for those people?

gaaraanimelover: very interesting history lesson. I'm going to have to look into that one. That doesn't sound a whole lot like willing suicide, and I'm sure you'll agree that forced suicide is another matter entirely. Still, that's the only such culture at any time that I'm aware of where suicide is treated as such, and even in Greenland at that time was it normal, or simply accepted? Normal implies that it happens regularly, whereas accepted means it's simply accepted when it does happen.

Bad Memory

Closed Thread

Thread Information