AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Unpopular Video Game Opinions

Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Gifts Penguin Movie Ticket Gabumon
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-13-2024 02:28 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Unpopular Video Game Opinions

So what are some of your opinions about video games that are basically unpopular?

I'll start:
    • Call of Duty is a bag of garbage of a series
    • Gears of War is decent but super over hyped and overrated.
    • Final Fantasy XIII was actually a great game. (Regardless of region)
    • Final Fantasy XII sucks.
    • Final Fantasy VII is like the Dragonball Z of RPGs (Needs to die already)
    • Arcana Heart 3 is a great game and shouldn't be knocked cause all the characters are underage girls
    • The Darkness game was underrated and not given enough love
    • FPS/TPS is inferior a lot than Fighting genre.
    • FPS/TPS is not as competitive as Fighting games, not even close.
    I'll add more later.

There's nothing new Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000's Avatar
    Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2011 11:27 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Unpopular Video Game Opinions

Now you've done it.

-Every 3D Zelda game is bad, and you should feel bad if you like them.
    -Every Metroid game is awful.
    -Past Gold/Silver/Crystal, Pokemon is a bottomless cesspit of bad character design, to the extent that the new ones became retarded digimon and make the game unplayable. Quagsire makes Mudkip his lady.
    -Resident Evil 4 wasn't groundbreaking, it was a horrible tank-control FPS made by Japanese people who hate FPSs.
    -Beyond Good and Evil had a horrible plot and I wanted to kill myself about 15 minutes in.
    -Every FF past 7 is a waste of time. Hell, 7 was pretty bad too. Actually, scratch that, every FF that isn't 6 is a waste of time. The only exception is FFT, and it shouldn't be included as a FF game anyway.
    -The only good part about Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2 was the Gummi Ships, the rest was button-mashing through combat interspersed by button-mashing through the hack-eyed story.
    -While running over people in 3D was new at the time, GTA3 is actually pretty horrible from a gameplay and story perspective. GTA: London and the ones after GTA3 are fine though.
    -Halo 1 was basically garbage, and if you try to say that is was good for it's time and for being on a console, I have to say GOLDENEYE, PERFECT DARK, TIMESPLITTERS.
    -Assassin's Creed is a story about a man who has to spend 40 minutes getting peasants to help him do anything every time he tries to assassinate someone.
    -In terms of actually being a game, Terraria is in every way superior to Minecraft.
    -Face it, Bioware isn't that great. The last particularly good game they made was NWN1. After that, they've made games where either the setting is amazing but the game is crap (DA 1 and 2), games where the setting is crap but the game is cool (ME2) or games where both are awful (ME1, KotOR1) (Obsidian made NWN2 and KotOR 2). Next game they're making is a by-the-numbers WoW clone even though the whole tank/healer/DPS thing doesn't even slightly make sense in the Star Wars universe.
    Ehhh, I dunno if I'll stick around. We'll see.

The List of Hate, My self-indulgent journal-thing.
    Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

3. Likes Bulf liked this post
    Senior Member Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos's Avatar
    Gil
    Lonely
    Gifts Rainbow Ribbon 104 - Cubone Saxophone
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-15-2016 09:09 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Bassoonist26

- Pokemon R/S/E are the worst Pokemon games (I know, this used to be a popular opinion, but not anymore)
    - Sprite gaming is a thing of the past, stop using sprites if you're going to charge full price for games.
    - Generation VI and on mainline Pokemon games need to be fully 3D environments without any sprites.
    - I prefer Twilight Princess's graphical style to The Wind Waker's and Skyward Sword's any day.
    - Majora's Mask does not need to get a remastered port for the 3DS, it needs a full-blown remake for the Wii U.
    - Super Mario Sunshine is the best of the 3D Mario platformers, and if a sequel is to come out it better be on the Wii U and not the 3DS. (I'm not worried about it happening either way though)
    - Animal Crossing City Folk is horrible game as a result of laziness and unnecessary changes, not because it was "more of the same".
    - Top-down Zelda games need to be completely a thing of the past. The 3DS isn't a Gameboy anymore.
    - I think the 3DS is by far the best handheld Nintendo has ever created and it has a great future. With that said, I don't care about 3D at all. The 3DS is good for the games that are coming out for it.
    - Handheld gaming needs to move closer to console gaming. By that I mean handheld games need to match the quality of their console counterparts (or in Nintendo's case and the Wii's mediocre games they need to be better). It's a lot of the stuff I said above - No more sprites, no more top-down Zelda's/Pokemon, etc.
    - I don't hate the systems I don't own. I recognize that people have different tastes and that's fine. Now if only the fanboy wars would end. It doesn't matter if the graphics are slightly better on your system, nor does it matter if there's pointless gimmicks (like 3D) on the other.
    - I don't care for violence in my games.
    - The Sims 3 Generations is by far the worst The Sims Expansion Pack ever.
    - Cell phones should never (and will never) overtake separate handheld video game devices, and honestly anybody who actually wants it to happen is not thinking through anything.

~Made by me~

Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Not that I disagree but did you really think through before posting? =P
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassoonista View Post
    Cell phones should never (and will never) overtake separate handheld video game devices, and honestly anybody who actually wants it to happen is not thinking through anything.
    I don't think that's unpopular, everyone knows mobile gaming is casual and hardcore games who play it, play it "casually".

The Sims 3 Generations is by far the worst The Sims Expansion Pack ever.
    Again, I don't think this is "unpopular" because from what I heard, most of the Sims community considers a lot of the Sims 3's EP bad and Generations even got a bad review.
    Animal Crossing City Folk is horrible game as a result of laziness and unnecessary changes, not because it was "more of the same".
    I enjoyed City Folk mind you, but I do think everyone who played the first two thinks this is the worst one of the three.

Again, not disagreeing but your opinions are not so "unpopular".

Senior Member sweetdaddydee1 has a reputation beyond repute sweetdaddydee1 has a reputation beyond repute sweetdaddydee1 has a reputation beyond repute sweetdaddydee1 has a reputation beyond repute sweetdaddydee1 has a reputation beyond repute sweetdaddydee1 has a reputation beyond repute sweetdaddydee1 has a reputation beyond repute sweetdaddydee1 has a reputation beyond repute sweetdaddydee1 has a reputation beyond repute sweetdaddydee1 has a reputation beyond repute sweetdaddydee1 has a reputation beyond repute sweetdaddydee1's Avatar
    Gil
    In Love
    Gifts Systems PS3 Ferrari 456 GT2 Laptop
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Threads
    Blog Entries

i like almost every game that's not on this list.
    Last edited by sweetdaddydee1; 10-21-2011 at 02:41 PM.

7. Dislikes Hanamaru Kunikida disliked this post
    Senior Member Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos's Avatar
    Gil
    Lonely
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou+ View Post
    Not that I disagree but did you really think through before posting? =P
    Excuse me? I have reasoning for posting everything here as unpopular opinions.

I don't think that's unpopular, everyone knows mobile gaming is casual and hardcore games who play it, play it "casually".
    It depends. I'm a member of a 3DS forum, and believe it or not but a large amount of members won't shut up about how they feel iPhones are superior.

Plus, it's a very unpopular opinion among analysts.

Besides, if the casuals really think that is true, than it is definitely an unpopular opinion.

Again, I don't think this is "unpopular" because from what I heard, most of the Sims community considers a lot of the Sims 3's EP bad and Generations even got a bad review.
    It's relatively unpopular among The Sims 3 community who think that it is a great Expansion Pack because it focused on families and bringing "charm" back. They're distracted by shiny objects like strollers, bunk beds, and a type of stair cases that they had been asking for from the beginning, while completely ignoring how the EP added close to nothing to differentiate it from being equal to the $20 less category Stuff Pack. And it even failed at its own concept. All they could add was fart jokes and other stupid pranks instead of actually adding something of substance, like university for young adults, instruments for kids to play, open restaurants for couples to date in (believe it or not, they added "dating" in Generations, but it doesn't matter since your couple just disappears into a building and you never get to play any of it.), or anything for the baby lifestage. I'm so glad to know where EA's priorities are.

I enjoyed City Folk mind you, but I do think everyone who played the first two thinks this is the worst one of the three.
    I have to defend this one big time. Pay attention to the wording: "Animal Crossing City Folk is horrible game as a result of laziness and unnecessary changes, not because it was "more of the same"."

I know that thinking it is the worst of the three is not necessarily an unpopular opinion, but my reasoning behind thinking it is so is unpopular. Reviewers and gamers that don't really understand the series only faulted City Folk for being "more of the same", and not the real problems with the games like majorly downgraded and more repetitive villager interaction, the removal of animal pictures (a goal in WW), how the city took away replay value by taking all of the special visitors and putting them in the city to visit anytime you wanted, etc. Everybody is so blinded by "OMG! it's more of the same" because they don't understand life simulation games in the least, and it gets on my last nerve.

Faulting the game for being "more of the same" is only going to force Nintendo to screw the series up even more by making stupid changes just to change things rather than actually making true improvements where they are needed.
    Last edited by Aulos; 10-21-2011 at 05:09 PM.

~Made by me~

Senior Member ACBlackJ0ck has a reputation beyond repute ACBlackJ0ck has a reputation beyond repute ACBlackJ0ck has a reputation beyond repute ACBlackJ0ck has a reputation beyond repute ACBlackJ0ck has a reputation beyond repute ACBlackJ0ck has a reputation beyond repute ACBlackJ0ck has a reputation beyond repute ACBlackJ0ck has a reputation beyond repute ACBlackJ0ck has a reputation beyond repute ACBlackJ0ck has a reputation beyond repute ACBlackJ0ck has a reputation beyond repute ACBlackJ0ck's Avatar
    Gil
    Goofy
    Gifts Hat Pocket Watch Blackjack
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-27-2015 11:24 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: redsupersonicninja

• Call of Duty is a bag of garbage of a series
    • Gears of War is decent but super over hyped and overrated.
    I don't think those two are unpopular. Especially the Call of Duty one. If anything I keep on coming across people that bash on CoD than actually liking it

Anyway my list:
    • I think Sonic 3&K is nothing special. If anything I find it the worst out of the 3 main Mega Drive Sonic games.
    • I prefer 8-bit Sonic The Hedgehog to 16-bit Sonic The Hedgehog. Not that the Mega Drive version is bad in fact I enjoy it a lot, it's just that I enjoy the 8-bit version more.
    • I thought Super Mario Bros 3 is the worst out of the 2D Mario games. It's not a bad game, I do enjoy it, but I'd rather play the other Mario games
    • I've never liked MegaMan. 2&4 were Ok at best but the rest sucked IMO
    • I don't mind buying new sports games.

That's all I can think of for now. I might come up with some

Senior Member FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango's Avatar
    Gil
    Gay
    Gifts Photoshop
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-21-2017 02:41 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ThomasakaDes

- FFXII is great.
    - FFXIII is great.
    - FFVII is overrated by the fanboys/girls.
    - Playing games on PC is such a hassle, easier to use a controller (the PS3 controller, not Xbox) I know you can plug a PS3 controller to a pc, I`m talking to you people who insist that using a mouse and keyboard is better. It`s not, it takes too much space while playing :P
    - Gran Turismo 5 is better then Forza 4. I was told that everyone in the world > me when I wrote GT5 > F4 on a Forza 4 vid. I was trolling abit, but I`m serious, GT5 is better then F4. The F4 graphics are basicelly the same as on F3, on track at least. I for one don`t look much outside of the track when I race :P
    - Mortal Kombat 9 was boring. This is unpopular with people like TP.
    - Need for Speed is grozit now.
    - Minecraft is boring and Notch has put too much unecessary crap in it now. I`ll probably go back to 1.7 or earlier, unless he can get the damn lag in 1.9 pre-release fixed for official release.
    - I don`t give a f about mods for PC games :P Especially not for games like Oblivion, with over 100 hours of gameplay and lots of replayability, same for Skyrim(which I`m getting on PS3). My youngest brother keeps nagging about mods :P (Well this is a statement, but an unpopular one hehe).

Think thats it.
    And just to make it clear, I`m not a PS3 fanboy, I would buy an 360 if I had the money for it, for the Gears games xD

Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

It depends. I'm a member of a 3DS forum, and believe it or not but a large amount of members won't shut up about how they feel iPhones are superior.

Plus, it's a very unpopular opinion among analysts.
    Besides, if the casuals really think that is true, than it is definitely an unpopular opinion.

Well, mobile gaming is still cheap but I see where you are coming from now. I don't know how is still unpopular when a (one) forum of "stupid" people have a "stupid" opinion but alright, I'll take your word on it.

It's relatively unpopular among The Sims 3 community who think that it is a great Expansion Pack because it focused on families and bringing "charm" back. They're distracted by shiny objects like strollers, bunk beds, and a type of stair cases that they had been asking for from the beginning, while completely ignoring how the EP added close to nothing to differentiate it from being equal to the $20 less category Stuff Pack. And it even failed at its own concept. All they could add was fart jokes and other stupid pranks instead of actually adding something of substance, like university for young adults, instruments for kids to play, open restaurants for couples to date in (believe it or not, they added "dating" in Generations, but it doesn't matter since your couple just disappears into a building and you never get to play any of it.), or anything for the baby lifestage. I'm so glad to know where EA's priorities are.

Same as the first response, I guess you are going by individual forums (that follows said category) instead of gamers as a whole though.
    But alright.

I have to defend this one big time. Pay attention to the wording: "Animal Crossing City Folk is horrible game as a result of laziness and unnecessary changes, not because it was "more of the same"."

I know that thinking it is the worst of the three is not necessarily an unpopular opinion, but my reasoning behind thinking it is so is unpopular. Reviewers and gamers that don't really understand the series only faulted City Folk for being "more of the same", and not the real problems with the games like majorly downgraded and more repetitive villager interaction, the removal of animal pictures (a goal in WW), how the city took away replay value by taking all of the special visitors and putting them in the city to visit anytime you wanted, etc. Everybody is so blinded by "OMG! it's more of the same" because they don't understand life simulation games in the least, and it gets on my last nerve.

Faulting the game for being "more of the same" is only going to force Nintendo to screw the series up even more by making stupid changes just to change things rather than actually making true improvements where they are needed.
    Okay, now I understand.
    Responses in bold.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeadHunterX View Post
    I don't think those two are unpopular. Especially the Call of Duty one. If anything I keep on coming across people that bash on CoD than actually liking it
    Right, but it's still the minority, by a lot. A higher bunch actually likes COD and GOW.
    Last edited by Hanamaru Kunikida; 10-22-2011 at 12:31 AM.

Senior Member FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango's Avatar
    Gil
    Gay
    Gifts Photoshop
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by HeadHunterX View Post
    There are always over 350k people playing Black Ops the few times I play it on PS3.
    There are probably always over 400k on the Xbox version.
    2 on the PC version, just kidding, but on there it`s probably not many :P
    Wii, none hehe.
    Anyways, I`m pretty sure most of those 350k and 400k + people would think that was a unpopular opinion :P
    Last edited by FluffyDango; 10-22-2011 at 07:21 AM.

Senior Member Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster's Avatar
    Gil
    Fine
    Gifts Systems Xbox 360 American Flag Ribbon AK47
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-30-2016 03:29 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Light Buster PSN ID: Lightbuster88

Here are mine:

Anime based games, especially Gundam, are some of the worst games ever (no offense).
    RPG games are not great either.
    Racing games are competitive.
    Zelda games are overrated.
    Starcraft is beyond overrated.
    Command and Conquer is the all-time best RTS game in general.

That's about it. No offense...
    Last edited by Light Buster; 10-22-2011 at 02:05 PM.
    WARNING: This user is wanted for unauthorized access into Ultratech archives. If you see this user in person, please contact Ultratech immediately.

Gil
    Lonely
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Well, mobile gaming is still cheap but I see where you are coming from now. I don't know how is still unpopular when a (one) forum of "stupid" people have a "stupid" opinion but alright, I'll take your word on it. [/B]
    You never said that these unpopular opinions had to be relevant to general gamers. I'm not just talking about one forum, I'm also talking about analysts (there is always a new article out there saying that the 3DS and Vita will fail because they aren't phones - typically only the 3DS. ) and also people in general who apparently think that those $0.99 games on their iPhones have more value than the ones on the 3DS and Vita.

Same as the first response, I guess you are going by individual forums (that follows said category) instead of gamers as a whole though.
    But alright.
    Individual forums? Honestly, seeing as the general gamer obviously doesn't have any opinion over what is the best/worst Expansion Pack for The Sims 3, I kind of have to go off of its fanbase. It's not an opinion that is relevant to general gamers.

Sure you had sites like GameSpot that actually gave Generations a review that was more fitting to it, but that's because they aren't even a part of The Sims fanbase and weren't deluded by shiny objects. They judged it objectively.
    Last edited by Aulos; 10-22-2011 at 03:49 PM.

~Made by me~

Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

You never said that these unpopular opinions had to be relevant to general gamers. I'm not just talking about one forum, I'm also talking about analysts (there is always a new article out there saying that the 3DS and Vita will fail because they aren't phones - typically only the 3DS. ) and also people in general who apparently think that those $0.99 games on their iPhones have more value than the ones on the 3DS and Vita.
    With that said, I still think the majority still view Phone games as inferior.

You can go to a lot of forums full of hardcore gamers. post an announcement of a mobile game and a lot will go "Meh".

The opinion of the casual don't matter if we go by your Sims 3 argument.

Gil
    Lonely
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

The opinion of the casual don't matter if we go by your Sims 3 argument.
    It matters where it matters. The general population doesn't have an opinion over The Sims 3 Generations, but they do over phones and gaming on them. Obviously, I'm not going to include a crowd where it isn't even applicable.

~Made by me~

Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

It matters where it matters. The general population doesn't have an opinion over The Sims 3 Generations, but they do over phones and gaming on them. Obviously, I'm not going to include a crowd where it isn't even applicable.
    And the opinion of those who play Wii Sports isn't applicable either. You can talk about statistics and analysts but the fact of the matter that core gamers are still the majority of the gaming community and we still would rather play games on our PSP rather than in our iPhones, and we take the latter approach, it would be for the lulz and a less serious matter than playing on our PSP/NDS/3DS.

There has been comments on many articles saying that people who play phone games don't deserve to be called gamers, and most gamers don't take Phone gaming as seriously as our handheld gaming no matter what numbers say..numbers are numbers.

Gil
    Lonely
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

And the opinion of those who play Wii Sports isn't applicable either. You can talk about statistics and analysts but the fact of the matter that core gamers are still the majority of the gaming community and we still would rather play games on our PSP rather than in our iPhones, and we take the latter approach, it would be for the lulz and a less serious matter than playing on our PSP/NDS/3DS.

There has been comments on many articles saying that people who play phone games don't deserve to be called gamers, and most gamers don't take Phone gaming as seriously as our handheld gaming no matter what numbers say..numbers are numbers.
    You never said that these opinions could only be unpopular opinions of hardcore gamers. You said that they were unpopular opinions related to gaming.

~Made by me~

Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

You never said that these opinions could only be unpopular opinions of hardcore gamers. You said that they were unpopular opinions related to gaming.
    Like the opinion of the casual matter as a whole.

Gil
    Lonely
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Like the opinion of the casual matter as a whole.
    They do, because they are the group that will bring the most money.

~Made by me~

Senior Member sweetdaddydee1 has a reputation beyond repute sweetdaddydee1 has a reputation beyond repute sweetdaddydee1 has a reputation beyond repute sweetdaddydee1 has a reputation beyond repute sweetdaddydee1 has a reputation beyond repute sweetdaddydee1 has a reputation beyond repute sweetdaddydee1 has a reputation beyond repute sweetdaddydee1 has a reputation beyond repute sweetdaddydee1 has a reputation beyond repute sweetdaddydee1 has a reputation beyond repute sweetdaddydee1 has a reputation beyond repute sweetdaddydee1's Avatar
    Gil
    In Love
    Gifts Systems PS3 Ferrari 456 GT2 Laptop
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Threads
    Blog Entries

paper boy for gameboy advance sp.

Gil
    Gay
    Gifts Photoshop
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Light Buster View Post
    Here are mine:

Anime based games, especially Gundam, are some of the worst games ever (no offense).
    RPG games are not great either.
    Racing games are competitive.
    Zelda games are overrated.
    Starcraft is beyond overrated.
    Command and Conquer is the all-time best RTS game in general.

That's about it. No offense...
    Agree with you on anime games.
    Deffinitly don`t agree with you on rpg games, they`re some of the best games, great story(mostly), alot to do and alot of replayability. Most of the time.
    Don`t agree with you on racing games.
    That I can`t say anything about, haven`t played any Zelda games, will never play one either becaus I`ll never buy a new Nintendo :P
    Agree. Looks so boring.
    Only C&C game I`ve liked was Tiberiun Sun, wish I remembered that when I bought Red Alert on the PS Store

Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

They do, because they are the group that will bring the most money.
    Doesn't mean their opinion matters.

Would you like it if the future of gaming is in the hands of casuals? Like how the new Mario or any core game would end up being?

You should know this, especially since you despise motion controllers.

Quote Originally Posted by Des View Post
    Agree with you on anime games.
    Deffinitly don`t agree with you on rpg games, they`re some of the best games, great story(mostly), alot to do and alot of replayability. Most of the time.
    Don`t agree with you on racing games.
    That I can`t say anything about, haven`t played any Zelda games, will never play one either becaus I`ll never buy a new Nintendo :P
    Agree. Looks so boring.
    Only C&C game I`ve liked was Tiberiun Sun, wish I remembered that when I bought Red Alert on the PS Store
    You are talking to the guy who plays Call of Duty and Need for Speed 24/7.
    Last edited by Hanamaru Kunikida; 10-23-2011 at 08:42 PM.

Gil
    Lonely
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Doesn't mean their opinion matters.

Would you like it if the future of gaming is in the hands of casuals? Like how the new Mario or any core game would end up being?

You should know this, especially since you despise motion controllers.
    Regardless of whether or not I agree with their opinions or think their opinions should be mean anything, they are real people with real opinions.

Mario's already gone casual. Just compare Super Mario Galaxy 1/2 and Super Mario 3D Land with Super Mario 64 and Super Mario Sunshine. The level design has changed from open worlds with multiple routes to floating platforms that keep you to a direct path to the finish line. All of this to make the game easier for those people who "don't know which direction to go" according to Miyamoto.

It doesn't matter whether their opinions are good or not, they are where the money is at and are what influence gaming companies (look at Microsoft's past two E3 conferences. Must have been horribly embarrassing for Microsoft fans.). Fortunately, Nintendo seems to be completely above going for smart phones at this moment. Hopefully people will get smart and realize that phones can't handle real games (with no buttons and the horrible battery life of an iPhone there is no way). I mean if smart phones actually were the future of handheld gaming it would be a long ways off, so lets hope people get smart in that time.
    Last edited by Aulos; 10-23-2011 at 08:53 PM.

~Made by me~

Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

It doesn't matter whether their opinions are good or not, they are where the money is at and are what influence gaming companies (look at Microsoft's past two E3 conferences. Must have been horribly embarrassing for Microsoft fans.). Fortunately, Nintendo seems to be completely above going for smart phones at this moment. Hopefully people will get smart and realize that phones can't handle real games (with no buttons and the horrible battery life of an iPhone there is no way). I mean if smart phones actually were the future of handheld gaming it would be a long ways off, so lets hope people get smart in that time.
    As long as core gamers view mobile games as casual, it will never take over. Just look at Street Fighter IV, I don't think anyone would prefer that over playing on a gamepad or an arcadestick, it kills the purpose of the game, I mean....how can you play a fighter on a touchscreen.

Gil
    Gay
    Gifts Photoshop
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Hehe, but he`s not the only one reading the post.
    Just felt like sharing my opinions again :P
    ---------------

Another one thats probably unpopular with some:

- Having a co-op in Mass Effect 3 is a waste of space.
    Last edited by FluffyDango; 10-24-2011 at 08:59 AM.

Senior Member Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster's Avatar
    Gil
    Fine
    Gifts Systems Xbox 360 American Flag Ribbon AK47
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-30-2016 03:29 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Light Buster PSN ID: Lightbuster88

I don't always play CoD or NFS 24/7. I play Gears 3, about to play BF3, Forza 4, and WipEout HD Fury.
    WARNING: This user is wanted for unauthorized access into Ultratech archives. If you see this user in person, please contact Ultratech immediately.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information