AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Has funimation gone a little overboard with all of the DBZ movies?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

12 38.71%
  • no

9 29.03%
  • no, because you like buying over priced crappy anime that has no plot

4 12.90%
  • yes, because you think thet're greedy

6 19.35%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Has funimation gone a little overboard with the DBZ movies?

Death's elite sniper Grand Master Ohanshi is infamous around these parts Grand Master Ohanshi is infamous around these parts Grand Master Ohanshi is infamous around these parts Grand Master Ohanshi is infamous around these parts Grand Master Ohanshi is infamous around these parts Grand Master Ohanshi's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-24-2005 10:34 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Has funimation gone a little overboard with the DBZ movies?

I say yes, I think they're just ripping people off now for cut up anime for $25.00 that has no plot and leaves you confused in the end.

He's just riding a horse into the sunset with a bomb strapped to his chest... silence as he passes me I can't see him and then a defning sound with an outer aura from around the sunset; a blast of wind hits my face with force. Pieces fly every where, for death is not quiet and clean, but of only loud and dirty that lay images in your head for the rest of your unnatural life.

2. Dislikes jlaking disliked this post
    Junior Member wolfy_rose is on a distinguished road wolfy_rose's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-06-2005 03:24 PM
    Threads

I used to whatch the show all hte time.. now its just the same things allways.. but I don't get what you mean.. Sorry I'm ignorant
    h34r: This is me... Wolfy_rose... Die h34r:

Um... If anyone is on neopets.. My sn is wolfy_rose... wow.. where have I heard that before...

4. Death's elite sniper Grand Master Ohanshi is infamous around these parts Grand Master Ohanshi is infamous around these parts Grand Master Ohanshi is infamous around these parts Grand Master Ohanshi is infamous around these parts Grand Master Ohanshi is infamous around these parts Grand Master Ohanshi's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

they have put out too many movies with no plot or thought behind them.

He's just riding a horse into the sunset with a bomb strapped to his chest... silence as he passes me I can't see him and then a defning sound with an outer aura from around the sunset; a blast of wind hits my face with force. Pieces fly every where, for death is not quiet and clean, but of only loud and dirty that lay images in your head for the rest of your unnatural life.

(COPPA) Users Awaiting Moderation Metal_Knuckles is infamous around these parts Metal_Knuckles is infamous around these parts Metal_Knuckles is infamous around these parts Metal_Knuckles is infamous around these parts Metal_Knuckles is infamous around these parts Metal_Knuckles's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-02-2004 12:54 PM
    Threads

i dont think they are all that expensive just look at them compared to the Fishugi yugi series!!

Death's elite sniper Grand Master Ohanshi is infamous around these parts Grand Master Ohanshi is infamous around these parts Grand Master Ohanshi is infamous around these parts Grand Master Ohanshi is infamous around these parts Grand Master Ohanshi is infamous around these parts Grand Master Ohanshi's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Metal_Knuckles
    i dont think they are all that expensive just look at them compared to the Fishugi yugi series!!
    Yeah... but thats a series these are movies, series have more then one episode in them so they're actually worth the money, but not DBZ 50 min. movies,

Junior Member MagicWord is on a distinguished road MagicWord's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-16-2004 05:17 PM
    Threads

^.^
    im so happy!
    its my birthday!!!!

Junior Member Mihara Oojirou is on a distinguished road Mihara Oojirou's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-16-2004 07:50 PM
    Threads

well from what i know from DBZ the movies dont follow the to the point the series story lines as like all sieres to movie or movie to sieres anime ive seen but i agree with the fact that they do have no point it would just be cool to watch.. id think of it as a mini-saga in the span of an hour and a half ^_^

God of all and of nothing Pyrobrave is on a distinguished road Pyrobrave's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-10-2007 03:31 PM
    Threads

Talking

I agree with ohanshi. It is rediculous to charge $25 for a 50 minute movie. Regular movies only cost at the most $20 Why can't anime movies cost as much as regular movies. Its bull crap.
    Last edited by Pyrobrave; 11-16-2004 at 08:58 PM. Reason: forgot a word
    Destroy them!
    You are magic!
    You are change!
    You are the cataclyst of all destruction!
    Life is death.
    Death is life!
    Manifest your will upon the tapestry of creation!
    END IT NOW!

Pyrobrave

The Cold Saint Saint Mana is a name known to all Saint Mana is a name known to all Saint Mana is a name known to all Saint Mana is a name known to all Saint Mana is a name known to all Saint Mana is a name known to all Saint Mana's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-29-2007 08:56 PM
    Threads

Do the DBZ Movies have a Japanese Language and Subtitle option? If so, then $25 US is a fair price. I would prefer it to be less but... no matter. I have not seen many of the DBZ movies in English so I not of their quality.
    Mankind's greatest achievment? Dragonball Z. Bar none.

Digital Plague Dark_Misery will become famous soon enough Dark_Misery's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-14-2005 08:54 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Grand Master Ohanshi
    they have put out too many movies with no plot or thought behind them.

I agree...

12. Dislikes jlaking disliked this post
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I just hope they don't go overboard with Yu Yu Hakusho, even though they're making movies now I just hope they don't kill there publicity.

14. Dislikes jlaking disliked this post
    heartless killer TerraN EmpirE has a reputation beyond repute TerraN EmpirE has a reputation beyond repute TerraN EmpirE has a reputation beyond repute TerraN EmpirE has a reputation beyond repute TerraN EmpirE has a reputation beyond repute TerraN EmpirE has a reputation beyond repute TerraN EmpirE has a reputation beyond repute TerraN EmpirE has a reputation beyond repute TerraN EmpirE has a reputation beyond repute TerraN EmpirE has a reputation beyond repute TerraN EmpirE has a reputation beyond repute TerraN EmpirE's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-09-2008 01:32 PM
    Threads

A little overboard? my god man that is the understatement of the geological area. Dragon ball should have stopped with the first and never gone any farther!!!

The clan is full so don't bother unless you want a new user title.

16. Dislikes jlaking disliked this post
    God of all and of nothing Pyrobrave is on a distinguished road Pyrobrave's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Talking

That would suck if they did it to YYH. I like the show
    Destroy them!
    You are magic!
    You are change!
    Life is death.
    Death is life!
    END IT NOW!

Pyrobrave

Member Karamas is an unknown quantity at this point Karamas's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-05-2005 12:25 PM
    Threads

dragon ball was good and so was dbz up to the buu saga then it got real boring and I stopped watching it, they went overboard right here

Wild Card! SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI's Avatar
    Gil
    Cynical
    Gifts Fedora Cylon 1970s
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-06-2017 02:05 PM
    Threads

While I do believe that there are far to many DBZ movies, it is not Funimation's fault. They are really just releasing what Toei has released in Japan. If they didn't release every piece of DBZ related animation, they would be assaulted with thousands upon thousands of demands for them to be released by die hard fans. They just wanna make a buck, and I say they have every right to. So long as they arent doing anything to harm anybody.

20. Likes jlaking liked this post
    THE WING MAN wing 7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past wing 7's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-06-2006 09:49 PM
    Threads

ok we all have watched dbz infact i think its been the most watched anime in america its what really got toonami big. as for db and dbgt they pretty much suck. do i think they went overboard with the movies. no i dont there really good animes exspecially movie 13 so what there 13 dbz movies. well theres over 300 episodes. witch is alot of episodes. so why not make 13 movies.

100% Vitamin C Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-21-2008 08:57 PM
    Threads

They have made about a million DBZ moves and they are all so AWESOMELY BAD!!!
    I was foolish enough to buy some of the movies, and that was money spent horribly.
    -Back! From Outer Space!-
    -Soldats Royal Family-

23. Dislikes jlaking disliked this post
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Just say no next time!

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Talking

What if they dont want to say just no. Leave them alone let them post what they want
    Destroy them!
    You are magic!
    You are change!
    Life is death.
    Death is life!
    END IT NOW!

Pyrobrave

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrobrave
    What if they dont want to say just no. Leave them alone let them post what they want

LOOK at it this way you buy a DBZ movie at suncoast (which was a rip off) you go to your house and watch it (thinking it would be a good movie because you spent 24.99 on it) and find out it sucks, theres no plot, no thought, and it's so cut up that you didn't even get it in the first place, and you can't get your money back because the item is already open.

Two months later you see another DBZ movie for 24.99 and it sounds so cool and you want to watch it, but you don't know if you're going to get ripped off AGAIN, so you buy it and the cycle repeats it's self once again.

And thats why I say this kind of stuff so people can get a heads up.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Talking

Thanks master but i think everybody that buys anime has had this happen to them. We dont need you telling us about it
    Destroy them!
    You are magic!
    You are change!
    Life is death.
    Death is life!
    END IT NOW!

Pyrobrave

Senior Member Kogoro can only hope to improve Kogoro's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-12-2006 08:50 PM
    Threads

I agree. DBZ movies are horrible. The show is fine to me, but the movies? There are just too many of them and it's like they barely try to make a story. It's like they either make too many episodes for one saga or make they worst movies.
    That's me!

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrobrave
    Thanks master but i think everybody that buys anime has had this happen to them. We dont need you telling us about it
    Hey pyrobrave, you're an IDIOT! get a life, I mean people should hear the pros and cons about something before they jump into bed with something they're not going to like in the end. I.E. you really like the rants and raves about FFX11 but you don't know anything about so you ask some friends about it and they give you their oppinion on the game, but noooo you don't listen because it's the truth it sucks so you buy it and go home to play it but only to find out it sucks! what then don't you wished you would have listed to people who have first hand experience? NOOO you don't want to hear it because you're too much of an IDIOT. My 2 cents,

And now the world is mine Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Xmas Tree
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-18-2013 08:30 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

yes I agree. U get ripped off.

*loves Excel* BladeWing is a splendid one to behold BladeWing is a splendid one to behold BladeWing is a splendid one to behold BladeWing is a splendid one to behold BladeWing is a splendid one to behold BladeWing is a splendid one to behold BladeWing is a splendid one to behold BladeWing's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-18-2005 06:11 AM
    Threads

They have gone a little overboard with the movies. The worst one I brought was Return Of Kooler, or whatever he is called. There was hardly any plot and the fighting parts sucked majorly.

-BladeWing.

"BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!"

Closed Thread

Thread Information