AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Great Escape (Cinema Staff) [Anime Lyrics Dot Com]

Junior Member nyanimonaii is on a distinguished road nyanimonaii's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-15-2020 08:17 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: nyanimonaii Steam ID: nyanimonaii

Default Great Escape (Cinema Staff) [Anime Lyrics Dot Com]

These are all viewed from my perspective, thus, I might be wrong, and some are deeply opinionated (especially in regards to the grammar), but here we go:

"Hayate mitai ni nigedashita"

- just my take on it, but shouldn't the English translation be, "We escaped from (object in question) like a hurricane/gale" instead of "We escaped from what seemed like a hurricane"? I'm sorry if this ends up as spam or incorrect. If it does, well I would be thankful for the education (new to JP).

another one;

the romaji for blade was written as yaoba, whereas it should be yaiba. I have no idea whether or not this is another Japanese thing (the language is very extra lol), but it wouldn't hurt to look at it.

also, i think "I broke out of a long dream" would be better then using "the". Same with "the unmapped place", where it would seem more appropriate to say, "an unmapped place", considering they are probably breaking out of the walls THEN venturing out into an unfamiliar world. "The" is for specifics, or something you already have an adequate batch of information about. Sooo yeah. It isn't Japanese, buuut just thought I would point it out haha

"Saa" could rather be translated as, "Now" instead of "So". And shouldn't "Fukai yami" be "Deep darkness" instead of "Thick darkness"?

"Ueta kedamono mitai datta, oretachi no me" could be "Our eyes have come to look like those of starving beasts'."

"Sasatta yaiba wo omoikiri nuite itta" could also be "I had pulled out the blade I used to stab..." or something of the sort. "Extracted" and "Stuck" just look a little awkward in my opinion, but of course, it IS just an opinion lol.

That's all, thanks for your time ^ ^
    Last edited by nyanimonaii; 07-15-2020 at 08:35 AM. Reason: decided I could add more information instead of trying to be nice xD

AnimeLyrics Admin
    Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-08-2022 08:50 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics

Default Re: Great Escape (Cinema Staff) [Anime Lyrics Dot Com]

LINK: https://www.animelyrics.com/anime/sh...reatescape.htm

Hello, thanks for submitting a correction report.
    I have corrected the second point. The lyrics show the reading is indeed yaiba so this is a typo.

For the rest of your corrections, they are translation corrections so the original translator @Beylu and moderator @EJTranslations will have to check them.
    My personal input is as follows:
    疾風(はやて)みたいに逃げ出した - I think if the に hypothetically wasn't indicating 疾風(はやて)みたい was a adverb, then it'd be we escaped TO something like a hurricane. In this case I think you're right and it is the adverb like a hurricane.

長い夢を俺は抜け出した。- I think it's a bit pedantic changing this (I don't feel the meaning changes significantly between them), however I think 地図にない場所で。should be changed (as you're right, there's not a specific unmarked place that they're suggesting they meet up in.)

さあ - eh it's a hard word to translate. I think 'so' is good enough to warrant not replacing it but whatever. 深い闇 again makes good enough sense as deep darkness as it does thick darkness in that you get the point reading it.

飢えた獣(けだもの)みたいだった、俺達の目 - I think you can solve this pretty easily by replacing look like with looked like to fix the past/present mixup if that's what you were going for.

刺さった刃(やいば)をおもいきり抜いて言った。- personally I think the original translation is more accurate than yours. 刺さった刃 is the blade that had been stabbed [into something]. The extracted problem, again I think is a non-starter because it's clear enough it means pulled out but this may just be me reading the translation after the original lyrics.
    Last edited by Fuukanou; 08-20-2020 at 09:53 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information