AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Star Wars

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-19-2024 05:34 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Star Wars

Okay, it's been a manga. Cgi. Cartoons. Live acrtion. Now it's going to be an official anime just like the Animatrix and that Batman thing.

Yay or nay?

Last edited by Clayton_n; 07-06-2021 at 05:05 PM.
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

Member RZ. is on a distinguished road RZ.'s Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-27-2021 07:50 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: LickleGrimes

Default Re: Star Wars

I'm a huge Star Wars fan, more so than any individual anime I've seen. As with pretty much everything SW, I'm excited as long as the storytelling is good. The Japanese-style of story telling applied to the SW universe will be quite interesting (as long as we don't end up with harem wars lol). Let's face it, with the exception of Filoni/Favreau and George Lucas's work, storytelling in SW hasn't been great as of late. Hopeful it's more Mandalorian than The Last Jedi...

Some of those character designs are really nice as well, some of them I'm more uncertain about... but if I like their characters I'll automatically like the design more, so I'll wait and see.

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I was really done after the original trilogy. I do love the parodies though.

Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

I grew up with the prequels so they'll always be right up there with the originals. My best memories are opening packets of cereal hoping I'd get the purple Mace Windu toy lightsaber to show off at school
    Anything in the spirit of the prequels, originals or old republic era I like. The only stuff I have a gripe with is the new trilogy, anything so-far touched by Kathleen Kennedy, or one or two silly EU stories.

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Originally they had no CGI stuff. Then they added them to the original. We were all disappointed when Vader turned out to be a pasty white guy instead of James Earl Jones... they just keep killing him in front of his son...

How do you feel about Spaceballs?

Last edited by Clayton_n; 07-08-2021 at 04:59 PM.

6. Thanks RZ. thanked for this post
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

I can't believe I've never seen this Spaceballs! I think they're hilarious I'll have to hunt them down and find more I'll always like the Family Guy retellings of Star Wars too.

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Screwdriver Chameleon Rageface
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-22-2024 09:27 AM
    Threads

Spaceballs was OK. Certainly not one of Mel Brooks' best. It doesn't rank up there with The Producers, Blazing Saddles, Young Frankenstein, or even High Anxiety.

Jackie Coogan, Charlie Chaplin, and Charles Reisner as the Bully.

Reisner was a former pro boxer who turned actor, writer, and director. He previously worked for Chaplin behind the camera on The Gold Rush. Reisner would later become known as a comedy director working with The Marx Brothers, Jack Benny, and Abbot and Costello, among others.

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

In the Phineas and Ferb one they said Obi Wan taught them jedi lessons.

Is there any reason to believe he didnb't train like 300 new Jedi while on Tattooine? He was there for over a decade...

Spaceballs was awesome, especially if you like Star Wars. Or Aliens

Robot Chicken did some good SW too

Studio C too

Last edited by Clayton_n; 07-08-2021 at 07:14 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information