AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Anime You Would Like to Re-watch

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Screwdriver Chameleon Rageface
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-18-2024 09:00 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Question Anime You Would Like to Re-watch

Are there any anime movies or series you have not seen for quite a while, but you would like to watch again? I am especially talking about series which may no longer have DVD's available and/or are not being streamed. Although, I imagine if I took the time to look long enough, I would be able to find most of these.

My list:

Lain, aka Serial Experiments Lain
    Boogiepop Phantom
    FLCL
    Cromartie High
    Metropolis
    Paranoia Agent

I will be back to discuss these later. If I think of any more, I will post them. Meanwhile, post and talk about your choices.

Jackie Coogan, Charlie Chaplin, and Charles Reisner as the Bully.

Reisner was a former pro boxer who turned actor, writer, and director. He previously worked for Chaplin behind the camera on The Gold Rush. Reisner would later become known as a comedy director working with The Marx Brothers, Jack Benny, and Abbot and Costello, among others.

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-11-2024 06:40 PM
    Threads

Default Re: Anime You Would Like to Re-watch

What's stopping you?

I miss stuff they never released on DVD...
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_n View Post
    What's stopping you?

I miss stuff they never released on DVD...
    Some of these go back a few years and are hard to find. Plus I have newer ones on my to-see list that I have to get to.

---------- Post added at 08:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:51 PM ----------

I first saw Lain on DVD's I got from Netflix. They don't have the series anymore. It's worth seeing, if you can find it.

On the face of it, it seems like a coming of age anime. Teenager Lain is behind others in her class intellectually, emotionally, and in the area of maturity. But she grows up quick -- especially after answering an e-mail from a classmate who committed suicide. Then it really hits the fan. I love dark anime, and this is pretty dark.

So who or what is Lain? First clue:

Reisner was a former pro boxer who turned actor, writer, and director. He previously worked for Chaplin behind the camera on The Gold Rush. Reisner would later become known as a comedy director working with The Marx Brothers, Jack Benny, and Abbot and Costello, among others.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

One thing I forgot to mention about Lain is that there are a lot of subtle elements to the story. You may not pick up on them unless you re-watch the series several times.

One series which does require repeated watching is Boogiepop Phantom. Not only are the episodes not in chronological order, but the scenes within each episode are out of sequence. It does make sense after several viewings. I recommend both the English dub and the original Japanese with subtitles. Between the two, you can piece the puzzle together. I found that to be part of the series' appeal.

Boogiepop Phantom is also one of the darkest anime I have seen, and not just because of the wonderfully drab color scheme. There are some pretty disturbed people in this series.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Cartoon Network's Adult Swim would re-run FLCL every so often. Then they aired FLCL Progressive and FLCL Alternative, the two sequels which were total crap. The original has not aired since. The damage has been done.

I don't care how bad Progressive and Alternative were. The original FLCL is still one of the best "dumb, but fun" anime series ever made. Forget the plot. It all is just an excuse to go crazy.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Cromartie High is what I like to call a dumb, but fun anime. The story is dumb, the characters are dumb, and the animation is dumb. But this tale of life in a school for juvenile delinquents is fun to watch. As far as I know, it's the only anime featuring Freddy Mercury.

In this scene, our hero must defend his position of boss of all gangs.

No, this scene is not suppose to make sense. Well, not too much sense.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I really have to see Metropolis again. It was obviously heavily influenced by the Fritz Lang film of the same name, but I seem to remember there were visual references to other classic films. I just don't remember which ones.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Closing out, unless someone wants to add something, I would really like to see Cartoon Network's Toonami repeat Paranoia Agent. They have re-run it once or twice. It's one really dark mind-f*ck, where sanity is on the run.

Junior Member ewot is on a distinguished road ewot's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-14-2022 06:57 AM
    Threads

I will re-watch these anime.
    Hunter X Hunter
    Bleach
    Naruto
    One Piece.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

^ I would like to see them do Bleach over again. Not that I did not like the series. I do like it. It is just that there are way too many unresolved story threads.

Junior Member cloverfields is on a distinguished road cloverfields's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-29-2022 11:17 AM
    Threads

I'm making one of my friends watch black butler with me, i've had it on my rewatch list for five or so years. Other than that I want to go through Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood and Violet Evergarden again!

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

^ Netflix has a Violet Evergarden movie and a few specials which are worth watching, as well as the original.

Member konataforever has a reputation beyond repute konataforever has a reputation beyond repute konataforever has a reputation beyond repute konataforever has a reputation beyond repute konataforever has a reputation beyond repute konataforever has a reputation beyond repute konataforever has a reputation beyond repute konataforever has a reputation beyond repute konataforever has a reputation beyond repute konataforever has a reputation beyond repute konataforever has a reputation beyond repute konataforever's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Gifts Luna-P Ball Moon Crystal Locket
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-29-2024 07:50 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I am into some girly anime shows.
    My re-watch list rn is:
    Clannad
    Chobits
    NANA

and the girliest, most over dramatic one: Peach Girl

14. Likes Digimon_Sommelier liked this post
    Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

^ Nana was a good slice of life anime. Actually, two slices of life -- one for each Nana. But didn't many of the characters screw things up big time! I'd say it was made for the 18-30 age range.

16. Likes konataforever liked this post
    Member konataforever has a reputation beyond repute konataforever has a reputation beyond repute konataforever has a reputation beyond repute konataforever has a reputation beyond repute konataforever has a reputation beyond repute konataforever has a reputation beyond repute konataforever has a reputation beyond repute konataforever has a reputation beyond repute konataforever has a reputation beyond repute konataforever has a reputation beyond repute konataforever has a reputation beyond repute konataforever's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Gifts Luna-P Ball Moon Crystal Locket
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-29-2024 07:50 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PictureGuy View Post
    ^ Nana was a good slice of life anime. Actually, two slices of life -- one for each Nana. But didn't many of the characters screw things up big time! I'd say it was made for the 18-30 age range.
    Oof, true facts there for sure. If you wanna feel pissed off at the characters and feel rage and want to hate watch something, watch Peach Girl. I was truly losing my mind and somehow was able to finish it. Note; I really liked the show but also it made me soooo so so frustrated xD

18. Likes Digimon_Sommelier liked this post
    Senior Member Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Gifts 007 - Squirtle 258 - Mudkip Gabumon
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-11-2024 08:40 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Season 3 of Digimon: Digital Monsters. The English dub was cray. Really gotta' re-watch this one.
    My Wi-Fi, it's gone out . . .

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by konataforever View Post
    Oof, true facts there for sure. If you wanna feel pissed off at the characters and feel rage and want to hate watch something, watch Peach Girl. I was truly losing my mind and somehow was able to finish it. Note; I really liked the show but also it made me soooo so so frustrated xD
    I watched Peach Girl some time ago. The only thing I remember is I did not like it: https://www.animeforum.com/showthrea...ach-Girl-(2005)

Senior Member Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Gifts 007 - Squirtle 258 - Mudkip Gabumon
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-11-2024 08:40 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

3 Seasons of Digimon Fusion. The third season should've been dubbed. It earned an International Emmy nom, for pete's sake!
    My Wi-Fi, it's gone out . . .

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information