AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: [Contest] Show your Anime/Manga collection!

The Palmtop Tiger blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Hedgehog PPG Bubbles Alice
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2018 07:05 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: blueangel06661 Steam ID: blueangel06661

Default [Contest] Show your Anime/Manga collection!

Welcome to AnimeForums show your Anime/Manga collection contest!

Here at AnimeForum we promote supporting the creators by actually buying copies of their work and using legal streaming sites to watch/read series such as crunchyroll, hulu, netflix, and funimation directly! Therefor we wish to reward our users for their support to the industry by purchasing non bootlegged/pirated copies of their favorite series!

This is a contest open to all users of AF. All you have to do to participate is take a picture of your Anime & Manga collection!

Since this will not be an anonymous contest just submit your picture to this thread; you'll have 2 weeks to get your entries in. Thread will close on April 1st.

You may take more than one picture if you cannot fit your entire collection into one space. Please limit it to only showing manga and DVD's/BluRay only. Try to leave any misc items such as toys/figurines/plushes and other nicknacks out of the shot unless necessary as they may be distracting.

You must also include a note in your picture(s) with your current screen name on it for verification! No nicknames or variations of your screen name will be accepted. You may also update your entry during the contest if you manage to add onto your collection as long as it's before the deadline and you have your note in place!

Any proof of cheating your entry by taking a picture from elsewhere that doesn't belong to you will be an instant disqualification + infraction.

PRIZES

First place: An Original JapanCrate box (as seen in the example below). Will need a valid US mailing address to receive prize; Failure to provide a mailing address will result in the prize going to the second place winner and so forth. $25 value!

Second Place: Custom keychain engraving of your choice provided by @Kaitou Ace . Though there may be some images that may not work with the engraver but we'll try to do something from a show/game you like! Or even a custom phrase.

Third Place: A 48 hour Crunchyroll membership guest pass OR something from the AF shop.

Example of contest picture:

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Interested in Pop-Up Cafes in Japan? Dango News is the place for you.
    Dango News
    | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram

2. Likes mimiruchan, Astral_Mage liked this post
    AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    Happyblossom has a reputation beyond repute Happyblossom has a reputation beyond repute Happyblossom has a reputation beyond repute Happyblossom has a reputation beyond repute Happyblossom has a reputation beyond repute Happyblossom has a reputation beyond repute Happyblossom has a reputation beyond repute Happyblossom has a reputation beyond repute Happyblossom has a reputation beyond repute Happyblossom has a reputation beyond repute Happyblossom has a reputation beyond repute Happyblossom's Avatar
    Gil
    Happy
    Gifts Snowman PPG Blossom Kawaiislice
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-17-2020 02:10 AM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Default Re: [Contest] Show your Anime/Manga collection!

This seems interesting... but I guess extra story novels and art books don't count?
    SoundCloud: Angery
    Short covers on Instagram: @project_mercury
    YouTubes: Angery Project Mercury

- views and any interaction all appreciated.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The Palmtop Tiger blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Happyblossom View Post
    This seems interesting... but I guess extra story novels and art books don't count?
    As long as it's a book or disk relating to anime of some form it should be good. Worth a shot; I'll tell you otherwise if it's not OK.

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Dango News

5. Thanks Happyblossom thanked for this post
    Viva la Touhou !!!!! CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack's Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-25-2022 10:53 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: SabotageDaemon

When it comes to video, what if they still have animes on VHS? Include them?

As for manga, what if most of there collection is from a magazine like SJ, and lets say they have NEARLY every issue (-1). Will that fly?

And anything in the +18 age range is obviously omitted, right?
    Last edited by CapnJack; 03-21-2016 at 07:09 PM.

Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by CapnJack View Post
    When it comes to video, what if they still have animes on VHS? Include them?

As for manga, what if most of there collection is from a magazine like SJ, and lets say they have NEARLY every issue (-1). Will that fly?

And anything in the +18 age range is obviously omitted, right?
    -Long as it isn't a bootleg
    -I dunno, do you think it'd win in a contest? Who knows. Up to the voters to decide if your missing issue matters or not
    -Depends. If it's just a title I don't really care. Any graphic images displayed would be a no.

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Dango News

Senior Member cberg has a spectacular aura about cberg has a spectacular aura about cberg has a spectacular aura about cberg's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-23-2016 12:18 PM
    Threads

For the sake of an entry to get more traction for this. I'm not one to have a physical collection so I don't have much. And as you can see the majority of it is yaoi based (And I don't know what happened to some of our other DVDs through the moves over the years D: )

Frozen lullaby mimiruchan has a reputation beyond repute mimiruchan has a reputation beyond repute mimiruchan has a reputation beyond repute mimiruchan has a reputation beyond repute mimiruchan has a reputation beyond repute mimiruchan has a reputation beyond repute mimiruchan has a reputation beyond repute mimiruchan has a reputation beyond repute mimiruchan has a reputation beyond repute mimiruchan has a reputation beyond repute mimiruchan has a reputation beyond repute mimiruchan's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Chibi Crisis Moon Compact Orange Dango Cosmic Heart Compact
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-06-2021 10:37 PM
    Threads

Ohh! I have a small collection too (I use crunchy roll and Netflix for anime haha and manga -crunchy-.
    I will edit this post later when it's not super early in the morning. And add my image here. But this looks like a cool idea.
    So to win the Japan crate you have to be from the u.s?

Last edited by mimiruchan; 03-26-2016 at 11:46 PM.

10. Likes Jasanime liked this post
    Moderator Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Gifts Moon Crescent Wand Wine Kangaroo
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2018 04:32 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Ok here is my collection. There are a couple of titles missing because a friend has borrowed them: 'Another' 'Elfen Lied' and 'Madoka pt.3'. I also didn't bother including my manga (I have maybe 20ish) because I'm just not that into manga.....
    Click image for larger version

Name:	2016-03-23 06.43.09.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	467.6 KB
ID:	85924Click image for larger version

Name:	2016-03-23 06.41.55.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	903.3 KB
ID:	85925

Lady Shaorin's Soulmate Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Gifts Enterprise NCC 1701-B
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-14-2023 07:58 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

how does this do? (about 1/3 of that Laser Videodisc collection is Anime, though it's not readily apparent)

Last edited by Tasuke; 03-26-2016 at 01:05 PM.

Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Tasuke View Post
    WARNING; i get pretty darned retro with mine...
    When I post the voting thread I'm only going to include the first image; just so you know. Also it's missing any sort of identification that it is indeed your collection. May let it slide since you post multiple things in this section enough for me to recognize your general setup >____>

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Dango News

Lady Shaorin's Soulmate Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Gifts Enterprise NCC 1701-B
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-14-2023 07:58 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Oh.

OK, i never caught that, Apologies...
    Last edited by Tasuke; 03-26-2016 at 01:04 PM.

Junior Member Nikolita is on a distinguished road Nikolita's Avatar
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-27-2016 06:27 PM
    Threads

My collection! (Aka guess how old I am, lol) Sorry for the poor lighting. Feel free to ask if you have questions. Sorry for the multiple photos, it wouldn't all fit on one bookshelf.

In the top picture, the large books sitting on top of the bookshelf are a Sailor Moon art book, an Escaflowne art book, and three Saiunkoku Monogatari art books.

Last edited by Nikolita; 03-27-2016 at 06:28 PM.

16. Likes Jasanime, mimiruchan liked this post
    Yu Puffin is on a distinguished road Yu Puffin's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-28-2016 06:35 PM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Here's my anime/manga collection! What I have access to right now, anyway. :P

Click image for larger version

Name:	anime collection 2.png
Views:	251
Size:	3.04 MB
ID:	85927

Happyblossom has a reputation beyond repute Happyblossom has a reputation beyond repute Happyblossom has a reputation beyond repute Happyblossom has a reputation beyond repute Happyblossom has a reputation beyond repute Happyblossom has a reputation beyond repute Happyblossom has a reputation beyond repute Happyblossom has a reputation beyond repute Happyblossom has a reputation beyond repute Happyblossom has a reputation beyond repute Happyblossom has a reputation beyond repute Happyblossom's Avatar
    Gil
    Happy
    Gifts Snowman PPG Blossom Kawaiislice
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-17-2020 02:10 AM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Whatever I have is no where near the others' collection, haha
    Most of these are novels/fanbooks, so if it is out of the rules... ehh.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1491.JPG‎
Views:	267
Size:	631.6 KB
ID:	85929  
    SoundCloud: Angery
    Short covers on Instagram: @project_mercury
    YouTubes: Angery Project Mercury

- views and any interaction all appreciated.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

No more entries will be accepted at this time.

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Dango News

Closed Thread

Thread Information