AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Looking for some new mods!

Ace Kaitous YOU Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Hat Rayman Baboon With A Gun Bioshock Syringe
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-23-2024 09:22 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: kaitou ace42 PSN ID: kaitou42 Steam ID: kaitou_ace

Default Looking for some new mods!

So we're looking for some new mods, both to help drive up activity, and to work with the current mods and help them out! And to do that, we're trying something new!

So if you'd like to become a (probie) mod, and work with one of the current mods:

Please make sure you review all of the information below BEFORE submitting your application.

This application is step 1/4 to becoming a mod on Anime Forum.
    Step 1- Read this thread in it's entirety & Fill out Pre-Mod Application listed below
    Step 2- Once approved you would then paired with an existing mod to communicate with each other to see if you’ll be a good fit for working together and the site.
    Step 3- If your mentor and admin see your potential you will then promoted to our famous probie mod status. You’ll get minimal mod functions at this stage but enough to fully evaluate how well you are handling the new responsibility. *Mods in training usually stay at this stage for a good while so don’t be discouraged*
    Step 4- When the higher ups feel you are doing your job correctly AND are benefiting the site in a positive manner you’ll be promoted to a full Anime Forum Moderator. *If you do not do your job nor contribute positively to the community you MAY be demoted back to a regular member at this stage.*

What are we looking for in applicants?-
    We are looking for active forum members who have interest in making Anime Forum better! Applicant should be unbiased, determined, willing to help, a team player, and friendly.

It is recommended you have some knowledge of the section you are applying for but isn’t necessarily required as long as you’re interested in the section and think you can bring some good to the section! (Technology is the only section where you may need actual knowledge per @FlashD 's request)

General Probie Moderator Duties-
    Your mentor will go over your specific duties in depth if you are accepted into the program. However here are some general duties you will be expected to carry out on a near daily basis.
    *Clean up, remove, and report spam/trolls
    *Make sure posts/threads within your section follow both the sites rules and the sections guidelines
    *Make sure any threads posted to your section incorrectly are moved to the right sections.
    *Post in the section!

Sections Accepting Applications-
    Art Forums*, All Individual Genres of Anime & Manga (Including Reviews), Computers/Technology, Introductions, J-pop/rock, Video Games, RPG, & Literature

*Art Forums may be going under a section change and may not be how you see it by time you submit your application. However it will still be art.

Unfortunately Chat, Miscellaneous & Anime Lyric sections are advance sections that are reserved for experienced & knowledgeable staff and will not be open for new applications.

Basic Applicant Requirements-
    *Applications are open to anyone
    *Should be able to get online at least twice a day or an hour daily

Application-
    Username:
    Section(s) Interested in? (May list up to 3; List most interested section first**):
    How many hours a week can you commit to AF:
    Do you have any experience moderating on a different site?
    Why you want to be a moderator?:

**Only one section will be rewarded per person at this time. We recommend you list backup sections of interest in case you do not get your desired section. If you do not wish to moderate any other section than your #1 choice than please only list that section.

Please PM applications to: @Kaitou Ace
    DO NOT POST APPLICATIONS IN THIS THREAD, DOING SO RESULTS IN AN AUTOMATIC APPLICATION DISQUALIFICATION & YOUR APPLICATION WILL BE DELETED!!

Remember once you are a moderator (probie or fully established) you will be a reflection of Anime Forum and it’s community. Everything you do and say will be a reflection of the community and we want the best to represent us. Any falsification of your application will result in being denied or stripped of any promotion at any given time. We may not give a reason why an application was selected or rejected. Requirements and application guidelines are subject to change.

I can answer any general queries in this thread, but please don't post the applications here!

The Palmtop Tiger blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Hedgehog PPG Bubbles Alice
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2018 07:05 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: blueangel06661 Steam ID: blueangel06661

Default Re: Looking for some new mods!

Anyone have any questions about anything?

Don't be shy, the applications are open to anyone who is available and determined enough to want to make a difference

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Interested in Pop-Up Cafes in Japan? Dango News is the place for you.
    Dango News
    | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram

The Black Swordsman Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Soras Keyblade Mario ZStar Autobots
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-26-2019 02:22 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Thrain Steam ID: Discade

Well I would love too apply but sadly it seems it doesn't work well with what I have going on currently in life. I do hope everything goes well and AF returns to its former glory.

Out of curiosity though, if one was to apply and all went well, what happens if a mod doesn't login for a certain amount of time? Like for example say... A week or so?
    Last edited by Kirito; 08-25-2015 at 11:01 AM.
    "Kill a man, one is a murderer. Kill a million, a conqueror. Kill them all, a god."

Xbox Live: Thrain
    MyAnimeList: iRhya

The Palmtop Tiger blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Kirito View Post
    Out of curiosity though, if one was to apply and all went well, what happens if a mod doesn't login for a certain amount of time? Like for example say... A week or so?
    The Staff at AF are very understanding of life situations. We normally tell everyone that we'll be gone X amount of time so they know what's going on and can cover sections appropriately. For instance starting next week I'll be gone until November almost. The staff knows, and I've done my part within the community up to this point and will continue to do my part when I come back so instances like that is fine. This is an unpaid hobby basically so life is ultimately more important than a forum about anime of all things.

I can't speak for the higher ups who make the final call. But if a mod in training went MIA for a few days or a weeks it'll really just depend on how much they are helping. If they go MIA and have helped a lot and have a legitimate reason to not be here then they'll probably be okay (though a heads up is really preferred). If they go MIA but haven't really been doing anything over a set amount of time then their absence might have a negative affect in their development. But that's just how I would approach the call on what to do with said member. Again AF is understanding in most cases and generally this will be handled on a case by case basis.

Hope that helps

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Dango News

Senior Member someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast's Avatar
    Gil
    Nerdy
    Gifts Red Dango Kill Bill Katana Shuriken
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-26-2016 08:12 AM
    Threads

Oh it must be my birthday. ~SENT~

6. Likes Trinity Muse liked this post
    The Black Swordsman Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by blueangel06661 View Post
    The Staff at AF are very understanding of life situations. We normally tell everyone that we'll be gone X amount of time so they know what's going on and can cover sections appropriately. For instance starting next week I'll be gone until November almost. The staff knows, and I've done my part within the community up to this point and will continue to do my part when I come back so instances like that is fine. This is an unpaid hobby basically so life is ultimately more important than a forum about anime of all things.

I can't speak for the higher ups who make the final call. But if a mod in training went MIA for a few days or a weeks it'll really just depend on how much they are helping. If they go MIA and have helped a lot and have a legitimate reason to not be here then they'll probably be okay (though a heads up is really preferred). If they go MIA but haven't really been doing anything over a set amount of time then their absence might have a negative affect in their development. But that's just how I would approach the call on what to do with said member. Again AF is understanding in most cases and generally this will be handled on a case by case basis.

Hope that helps
    Ah I see. Well then I most likely can apply knowing that. Is there a certain deadline for applications at all?
    "Kill a man, one is a murderer. Kill a million, a conqueror. Kill them all, a god."

Ace Kaitous YOU Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Not sure if we have a set deadline, but we'll shortly start going over the applications and hopefully getting back to people soon thereafter!

The Greekest Letter in the Alphabet. Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    702 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-17-2021 05:53 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Marooroo Steam ID: Maru_Mod_Dashi

Quote Originally Posted by blueangel06661 View Post
    Anyone have any questions about anything?

Don't be shy, the applications are open to anyone who is available and determined enough to want to make a difference

Yes, freshbloods, ask us questions

.-.
    (o.o)
    |=|
    __|__
    //.=|=.\\
    // .=|=. \\
    \\ .=|=. //
    \\(_=_)//
    (:| |: )
    || ||
    () ()
    || ||
    || ||
    ==' '==

Gil
    Tired
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Alrighty thanks for the info, I already sent my application in!

Senior Member Lightfighter has a reputation beyond repute Lightfighter has a reputation beyond repute Lightfighter has a reputation beyond repute Lightfighter has a reputation beyond repute Lightfighter has a reputation beyond repute Lightfighter has a reputation beyond repute Lightfighter has a reputation beyond repute Lightfighter has a reputation beyond repute Lightfighter has a reputation beyond repute Lightfighter has a reputation beyond repute Lightfighter has a reputation beyond repute Lightfighter's Avatar
    Gil
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-16-2022 08:51 PM
    Threads

I must be really dumb, I can't find the application.

The Greekest Letter in the Alphabet. Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    702 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-17-2021 05:53 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Marooroo Steam ID: Maru_Mod_Dashi

Quote Originally Posted by Lightfighter501 View Post
    Towards the bottom of the OP:

Basic Applicant Requirements-
    *Applications are open to anyone
    *Should be able to get online at least twice a day or an hour daily

Application-
    Username:
    Section(s) Interested in? (May list up to 3; List most interested section first**):
    How many hours a week can you commit to AF:
    Do you have any experience moderating on a different site?
    Why you want to be a moderator?:

.-.
    (o.o)
    |=|
    __|__
    //.=|=.\\
    // .=|=. \\
    \\ .=|=. //
    \\(_=_)//
    (:| |: )
    || ||
    () ()
    || ||
    || ||
    ==' '==

Gil
    Tired
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Oh what you'd want to do is send @Kaitou Ace a pm with those fields he listed above all filled out.

Hope that helps!

Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Yup, yup, just send that my way! We can answer questions in here, but please don't post the actual application in the thread.

Senior Member someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast's Avatar
    Gil
    Nerdy
    Gifts Red Dango Kill Bill Katana Shuriken
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-26-2016 08:12 AM
    Threads

Hahahahhahhaahahah YOu should of Read:

Please make sure you review all of the information below BEFORE submitting your application.

16. Likes blueangel06661 liked this post
    Senior Member Lightfighter has a reputation beyond repute Lightfighter has a reputation beyond repute Lightfighter has a reputation beyond repute Lightfighter has a reputation beyond repute Lightfighter has a reputation beyond repute Lightfighter has a reputation beyond repute Lightfighter has a reputation beyond repute Lightfighter has a reputation beyond repute Lightfighter has a reputation beyond repute Lightfighter has a reputation beyond repute Lightfighter has a reputation beyond repute Lightfighter's Avatar
    Gil
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-16-2022 08:51 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by 1nterest1ng View Post
    Hahahahhahhaahahah YOu should of Read:

Yeah yeah.

The Original Piper has a reputation beyond repute Piper has a reputation beyond repute Piper has a reputation beyond repute Piper has a reputation beyond repute Piper has a reputation beyond repute Piper has a reputation beyond repute Piper has a reputation beyond repute Piper has a reputation beyond repute Piper has a reputation beyond repute Piper has a reputation beyond repute Piper has a reputation beyond repute Piper's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Moon Crystal Locket Witch Hat Rainbow Ribbon
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-09-2021 10:51 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Hmm. I check in (very quietly).

Banned Forum / Chat MrYoshida is on a distinguished road MrYoshida's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-29-2015 09:58 PM
    Threads

im applying
    Last edited by MrYoshida; 08-29-2015 at 10:00 PM.

Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

As an interesting object lesson, posting inappropriate images in visitor messages to other members is considered an automatic rejection of your application O_o;

Junior Member KingSogeking is on a distinguished road KingSogeking's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-09-2018 02:32 AM
    Threads

I wont think you would accept me because I am new.

Forever Bound. DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Dodge Viper SRT10 Beer Movie Ticket
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-23-2023 10:57 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ChaosFluffy Steam ID: ChaosFluffy

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou Ace View Post
    As an interesting object lesson, posting inappropriate images in visitor messages to other members is considered an automatic rejection of your application O_o;

Really? Seriously?...

Good ol' Dogs never Die, they just keepin on livin' till their time comes.

I was born in AF Chat, molded by it, I didn't see AnimeForum until a few years after I decided to register my username.

Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by KingSogeking View Post
    I wont think you would accept me because I am new.
    Put in your application newbie. Post count & join date do not matter. The position is open to anyone so if you think you're up for the task go for it, I mean it couldn't hurt right? Just don't follow Ted's example..

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Dango News

Nanobyte's minion Trinity Muse has a reputation beyond repute Trinity Muse has a reputation beyond repute Trinity Muse has a reputation beyond repute Trinity Muse has a reputation beyond repute Trinity Muse has a reputation beyond repute Trinity Muse has a reputation beyond repute Trinity Muse has a reputation beyond repute Trinity Muse has a reputation beyond repute Trinity Muse has a reputation beyond repute Trinity Muse has a reputation beyond repute Trinity Muse has a reputation beyond repute Trinity Muse's Avatar
    Gil
    Wicked
    Gifts Moon Crystal Locket Cheese Cake
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-02-2015 03:20 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 1nterest1ng View Post
    Oh it must be my birthday. ~SENT~
    I highly approve of this! Seanpherd for probie mod!
    Friendly, responsible and an anime fanboy supreme, what else could one ask for?
    Set by me

25. Thanks someoneofforumpast thanked for this post
    Likes someoneofforumpast liked this post
    Gil
    Tired
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

So should we expect to here back from you soon? Just curious.

Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Ah soon-ish I'd say! We've got a staff discussion going on at the moment.

Senior Member Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Gifts 007 - Squirtle 258 - Mudkip Gabumon
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-26-2024 12:40 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

For what it's worth, I've been here since 2011, so I throw my name in the hat. Where's that application again?
    My Wi-Fi, it's gone out . . .

Closed Thread

Thread Information