AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: vegan is love taking a stand. would you want your children to read it

Senior Member darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21's Avatar
    Gil
    Cloud_9
    Gifts Decepticons Leo AK47
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-20-2014 04:00 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: darkwolf1911

Default vegan is love taking a stand. would you want your children to read it

this is a book by ruby roth. this book shows animals in zoos,animals with soars on them in resurce labs and i heard people chasing animals with guns and meat hanging on hooks. now if thats not a way of trying to tramatize kids to become vegan then i dont know what is i would post pictures of the book but surprise surprise they are hard to find unless you are looking for the cover of her books veegin is love having a hear taking a stand or that's why we don't eat animals
    Last edited by darkrider21; 08-08-2012 at 07:10 AM.
    live life to the fullest because you are not guarantied a tomorrow

Roarrrrrrrrrrr!
    AnimeLyrics Admin
    animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Be Mine 143 - Snorlax Cookie
    Mentioned
    754 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-29-2016 11:05 PM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Default Re: vegan is love taking a stand. would you want your children to read it

I in no way condone the vegans' desperate attempt to scare the public out of eating meat, but I don't see any problems with letting people read it. If they want to become vegan after reading it, then let them be. Who am I to tell them what to eat and what not to eat. All I know is I'll continue eating my dead animals happily. :P

Senior Member Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Gifts Dr Who K9 Rainbow Ribbon Naruto Sharingan
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-09-2014 10:27 AM
    Threads

Default Re: vegan is love taking a stand. would you want your children to read it

Firstly I want to state that this is only my opinion and I accept everyones right to reject or agree with it.

I don't agree with ever showing children images which would traumatise or damage them during these delicate early years of development, however I feel that cruelty towards animals is often not broadcast in the media.
    Children may walk past butchers in their local high street, but they are never actually informed to a great extent that an animal has had to give up its life in order to be hanging there.
    It seems that the freedom of choice of many young people is taken away, due to the fact that they are not educated about this issue, but are instead forced to eat what people around them deem to be 'normal'.

I say this through experience, having being brought up in a family of meat eaters...I am the only vegetarian. When I was younger I was fed what my mother wanted to feed me and I was never asked if I wanted to eat meat or not. Meat was placed on the table and the fact that it was a living being never entered my mind. If I had been greater informed of how it had been treated I would've spat it straight out.

---------- Post added at 03:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:58 PM ----------

Regarding the idea that animals should not be in captivity, I learnt this at a very young age and it hasn't traumatised me.
    On a family holiday we went past a travelling circus and I can remember vividly a beautiful mountain loin in one of the smallest cages I've ever seen. It could hardly move.
    After that incident, I dreamt of becoming an animal rights lawyer! Since then, I've changed my mind about my career, however I think it was important that I saw that at that age (about 8 years old) otherwise I would not have been able to fully appreciate the dark side of zoos.
    ~Favourite Anime/manga~
    Ouran High School Host Club
    Death Note
    Sekaiichi Hatsukoi
    Junjou Romantica
    Naruto Shippuuden
    Bleach
    Hetalia
    Code Geass
    Fruits Basket
    D-GrayMan
    Hourou Musuko Wandering Son
    Sora to Hara
    Kuroko no Basuke
    Shingeki no Kyojin

Currently reading: Bleach and Naruto Ship, Shingeki no Kyojin, Kuroko no Basuke.
    Currently watching: Space Brothers, Golden Time, Kuroko no Basuke, Silver Spoon, Magi and Mobile Suit Gundam.

Senior Member marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix's Avatar
    Gil
    Fine
    Gifts Witch Hat Gir Aries
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-04-2012 08:45 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I have no problem with what people choose to and not to eat, that is their decision. But I don't want people trying to tell me what I should and shouldn't eat. I eat meat, and will continue to do so, as that much of it comes from sources that I can control. Quick, clean, and with as little suffering as possible.
    My Bubblegum Crisis fan-site --> The Bubblegum Crisis Sanctum (a work in progress)

and my humble blog --> The Writing Desk

--> My AF album

Pet Shop Story and Dragon Story ids: webowers, wbowers

5. 08-08-2012 09:46 AM
    This post has been down-ranked. Click "View Post" to view it.

6. Dislikes Arrisu, Jasanime, Thefringedninja disliked this post
    Senior Member Sadrith has a reputation beyond repute Sadrith has a reputation beyond repute Sadrith has a reputation beyond repute Sadrith has a reputation beyond repute Sadrith has a reputation beyond repute Sadrith has a reputation beyond repute Sadrith has a reputation beyond repute Sadrith has a reputation beyond repute Sadrith has a reputation beyond repute Sadrith has a reputation beyond repute Sadrith has a reputation beyond repute Sadrith's Avatar
    Gil
    Ornery
    Gifts Cheshire Cat
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-25-2012 10:52 PM
    Threads

First off why did you post it twice? Secondly, I think it is your own choice but if I have kids one day I don't want to see this book at my public library just because it uses scare tactics something that has little place in food choice or life style except for the morbidly obese something like that which is a major health concern for the country.

Nanobyte's minion Negative Ink has a reputation beyond repute Negative Ink has a reputation beyond repute Negative Ink has a reputation beyond repute Negative Ink has a reputation beyond repute Negative Ink has a reputation beyond repute Negative Ink has a reputation beyond repute Negative Ink has a reputation beyond repute Negative Ink has a reputation beyond repute Negative Ink has a reputation beyond repute Negative Ink has a reputation beyond repute Negative Ink has a reputation beyond repute Negative Ink's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-30-2012 06:03 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by darkrider21 View Post
    veegin is love having a hear taking a stand or that's why we don't eat animals
    Cynicism is having basic literacy skills while taking a stand against stupidity.

'Animal testing' is hardly a subjective term. It encompasses multiple layers of research where much of it may be harmless. Not all animal research can be thrown into the "Testing lipstick on monkey-eyes" steriotype that is all too common. Without animal testing, we would not have a decent cure against diabetes and we would be decades behind our research on things that will hopefully be in place for us in the future, such as treatments for Alzheimer, Parkinson, general neurodegenerative disorders and so fourth. Secondly, making ones child vegan from a young age is equivalent to malnourishment. They'd avoid plenty of amino acids that are vital for them at such a young and developing age. By all means, if they are 16 and turn dopey with some delusion of man not really being omnivorous and only taking it as a snack. In which case, they would avoid a laundry list of animals that dine on each-other not necessarily due to the hunger factor alone then let them pursue that line of thought. A man is however no more evil than a lion for eating meat. Thirdly, showing children images that stand graphic, at a young age, is a horrible parenting strategy. Sure, I could read from Mein Kamf to a 4 year old and try to explain to it the fallacies of extreme ethical nationalism while portraying people slaughtered in concentration camps, but most likely, the child would most likely become more traumatized than conscious about social policies.

By all means, debate with adults and make them all the wiser if you can, but don't cripple the future of children by indoctrinating them with this crap.

9. Likes Genghis Beatrix liked this post
    They should have named it Doom4 or something DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM!'s Avatar
    Gil
    Drunk
    Gifts Binoculars Kawaiislice Medkit
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-08-2023 04:46 AM
    Threads

It's always the vegans and furfags that keep striving to prove the people their existence is should be accepted, tolerated and then imposed. But they have nothing, no proof, no reason.
    I like MLP and ever since I starded watching it, I found horse meat to taste even better. I never pass off the chance to have some equine slices topped with rucola.
    Oh, and "X is Looooove" is already a Trademark catchphrase of some other hate-inflicting business, it's old and they should stop using it.
    ACTA is Love.
    War on Iraq is Love.
    Durex is Love.
    Carnivorism is Magic!

It's never safe to turn off your computer - Silent Strike

The warrior of time aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Bear Bleach Zangetsu Katana
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2015 10:29 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: aether370

In my opinion if someone imposes their view upon someone else thats not good, so thats why when I have kids I will let them choose if they want to be vegan etc after all that was how I was brought up and it worked for me so theoretically speaking should work when I have kids of my own one day

12. Likes Thefringedninja liked this post
    Senior Member Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Negative Ink View Post
    Cynicism is having basic literacy skills while taking a stand against stupidity.

'Animal testing' is hardly a subjective term. It encompasses multiple layers of research where much of it may be harmless. Not all animal research can be thrown into the "Testing lipstick on monkey-eyes" steriotype that is all too common. Without animal testing, we would not have a decent cure against diabetes and we would be decades behind our research on things that will hopefully be in place for us in the future, such as treatments for Alzheimer, Parkinson, general neurodegenerative disorders and so fourth. Secondly, making ones child vegan from a young age is equivalent to malnourishment. They'd avoid plenty of amino acids that are vital for them at such a young and developing age. By all means, if they are 16 and turn dopey with some delusion of man not really being omnivorous and only taking it as a snack. In which case, they would avoid a laundry list of animals that dine on each-other not necessarily due to the hunger factor alone then let them pursue that line of thought. A man is however no more evil than a lion for eating meat. Thirdly, showing children images that stand graphic, at a young age, is a horrible parenting strategy. Sure, I could read from Mein Kamf to a 4 year old and try to explain to it the fallacies of extreme ethical nationalism while portraying people slaughtered in concentration camps, but most likely, the child would most likely become more traumatized than conscious about social policies.

By all means, debate with adults and make them all the wiser if you can, but don't cripple the future of children by indoctrinating them with this crap.
    1. In my opinion, I understand that animal testing has helped developing medicines, but personally I would rather die than know that what I am taking has been involved in such a disgusting mistreatment of another life. Of course I would never wish death on anybody who has these conditions, far from it. However, as science has developed animal testing is no longer the only option. For example, we are now able to use bacteria and viruses to develop treatments.

2. Amino acids are not only found in meat. For example, 'Quorn' products and nuts are other products which contain amino acids and other vitamins which are found in animal matter. Also, vitamin suppliments can be used.

3. Surely, we should, as more intellegent life forms be considering other animals. Many top predators (e.g. lions, in your example) lack what we pride ourselves on, which is the ability to emphasise and think about our actions; not acting purely on instinct.

4. Never compare Fascism to Vegetarianism/ Veganism. Ever.

---------- Post added at 02:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.LeDoom! View Post
    Carnivorism is Magic!
    You are an omnivore. You would probably die of organ failure if you only ate meat.
    ~Favourite Anime/manga~
    Death Note
    Sekaiichi Hatsukoi
    Junjou Romantica
    Naruto Shippuuden
    Bleach
    Hetalia
    Code Geass
    Fruits Basket
    D-GrayMan
    Sora to Hara
    Kuroko no Basuke
    Shingeki no Kyojin

Currently reading: Bleach and Naruto Ship, Shingeki no Kyojin, Kuroko no Basuke.
    Currently watching: Space Brothers, Golden Time, Kuroko no Basuke, Silver Spoon, Magi and Mobile Suit Gundam.

♡ Your Royal Sprinkles ♡ Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake's Avatar
    Gil
    Psychadelic
    Gifts Cheshire Cat Kawaiislice Cake
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-29-2012 09:54 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Ok. I will weigh on this here matter. Please do not get offended by my opinions, for they are just that.

Meat contains protein which is very valuable nutrition wise. It is the main source of protein and to just give it up seems a lil pointless to me. I mean, it's part of the food pyramid for a reason, right? Vegans are rare compared to the majority of us who are willing to eat meat. So if they are trying to save animals by not eating meat it won't be much help. Also, I just feel like eating meat is what we're supposed to do. Since ancient times people have survived by hunting and eating meat. It's the circle of life. In no way do I condone how the some animals are treated as they're hauled off to be slaughtered, but eating meat is integral to my diet so I'm not just going to stop my meat consumption. Besides, I find meat to be quite tasty.

My friend is a big hippie right? Or so she thinks. Well this one day we were talking about what we liked on our pizza. Of course, I am a meat lover, so I say stuff like pepperoni, bacon, ham, sausage and the like. She cringed slightly which I didn't understand. Apparently she favors vegetables on her pizza and tells me she might become a vegetarian. I asked why and she couldn't really answer. She has been my friend for a long time and I have to say I didn't see this one comin' (even though she always got cheese pizza and I always wanted to get pepperoni lol) but what's funny is I think she is just being trendy. She wants to add to her hippie image, imo. You know what else is funny? I really can't stand vegetables. I only really enjoy eating potatos, carrots, sometimes green beans and corn. Most of them I hate. Obviously I am biased but this is just my POV for those who care.

If my kid wants to be a vegan, I will discourage it, however, when they are old enough to make such a decision on their own, then I will leave it up to them. Though if they end up being the kind to cut out visiting zoos and carnivals, it will be very sad going without them cuz I love zoos and carnivals. When I was little, my mom made me eat my vegetables. How ironic would it if I had to make my kids eat their meat instead? xD In the end, a child is too young to make that kind of decision for themselves and I wouldn't want mine to read this book.

15. Likes Thefringedninja liked this post
    They should have named it Doom4 or something DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM!'s Avatar
    Gil
    Drunk
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Thefringedninja View Post
    You are an omnivore. You would probably die of organ failure if you only ate meat.
    Carnivorism is a part of Omnivorism, I don't like using the former term because it sounds too much like "Human-vore", you get the picture?

Forever Bound. DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Dodge Viper SRT10 Beer Movie Ticket
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-23-2023 10:57 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ChaosFluffy Steam ID: ChaosFluffy

Is this about Veganism or the right to decide what we read?

If it's the first part, as much as I dislike the taste of some veggies, Human's are omnivores. Just look at the way the teeth are designed and the digestion system works. Not eating meat for any reason seems silly to me. I mean the only thing more silly/childish is only eating a small select group of food items (smaller than half a complete food group), especially with all the world to taste and enjoy.

If it's the later, Well as much as I disagree with the author, I believe it is a greater crime to stiffle peoples ability to read facts and opinions for themselves and come up with their own conclusions. Therefore, if my children wish to read it, fine. If not, no lost to me. Forcing people to take in only the information and notions that one approves of is a gross injustice to and for all.
    Last edited by DeathBlade/13.666; 08-10-2012 at 03:17 PM.
    Good ol' Dogs never Die, they just keepin on livin' till their time comes.

I was born in AF Chat, molded by it, I didn't see AnimeForum until a few years after I decided to register my username.

Moderator Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Gifts Moon Crescent Wand Wine Kangaroo
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2018 04:32 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

When I have kids I will most certainly be raising them vegan, not just for the sake of animals but for their own health as well. However, I would not show them gruesome images such as this book seems to contain. I think logic and common sense are sufficient tools to explain veganism to children. I will not ban them from consuming animal products, if they decide that's something they want to do. I will simply educate them and they can make their own decisions when the time comes.

I certainly see how these images can be traumatising, not just to kids, but to anyone with half a heart.

19. Thanks Thefringedninja thanked for this post
    Likes Thefringedninja liked this post
    Gil
    Mellow
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Cupcake View Post
    Ok. I will weigh on this here matter. Please do not get offended by my opinions, for they are just that.

Meat contains protein which is very valuable nutrition wise. It is the main source of protein and to just give it up seems a lil pointless to me. I mean, it's part of the food pyramid for a reason, right? Vegans are rare compared to the majority of us who are willing to eat meat. So if they are trying to save animals by not eating meat it won't be much help. Also, I just feel like eating meat is what we're supposed to do. Since ancient times people have survived by hunting and eating meat. It's the circle of life. In no way do I condone how the some animals are treated as they're hauled off to be slaughtered, but eating meat is integral to my diet so I'm not just going to stop my meat consumption.
    I understand your point of view, however I'd like to point out that every year one single vegetarian not eating meat saves on average 100 animals from being slaughtered.
    I would be delighted to save just a single one, so I feel amazing when I hear that statistic!
    Plus, a lot of things have changed since 'ancient' times. They used to bash eachother on the heads and eat eachother's brains in order to assert dominance in tribes. Would you be willing to do that?!

---------- Post added at 01:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:51 PM ----------

Carnivorism is a part of Omnivorism, I don't like using the former term because it sounds too much like "Human-vore", you get the picture?
    Not really, but ok.
    ~Favourite Anime/manga~
    Death Note
    Sekaiichi Hatsukoi
    Junjou Romantica
    Naruto Shippuuden
    Bleach
    Hetalia
    Code Geass
    Fruits Basket
    D-GrayMan
    Sora to Hara
    Kuroko no Basuke
    Shingeki no Kyojin

Fuchsia Ruler Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah's Avatar
    Gil
    Sassy
    Gifts Heart Pisces Double Bento
    Mentioned
    309 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-02-2016 06:57 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

I kind of prefer eating vegetables over meat, but the kind of meat I would eat more is chicken and fish. Unfortunately, I have an idea what animals go through to become our food and it disturbs me a little. I just accept that it's the way of life.
    I want to be exposed to the truth, if I have a choice to show it to my own kids later on, I wouldn't show it to them but maybe allow them to find things on their own or have them openly tell me about the topic.

Gil
    Drunk
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Not really, but ok.
    This is vore and I'm sick of it. Next thing you know, these freaks will be parading on the streets demanding rights, marriage, yelling "it's genetical" and the likes...
    Last edited by DOOM!; 08-11-2012 at 10:09 AM.

The warrior of time aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Bear Bleach Zangetsu Katana
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2015 10:29 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: aether370

In all fairness animal has eaten animal since the dawn of time, its just that we have now domesticated several varieties of them in the purpose of eating them later. At the end of the day its still a natural process except its occuring on a mass scale

Forever Bound. DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

and I'm sick of it. Next thing you know, these freaks will be parading on the streets demanding rights, marriage, yelling "it's genetical" and the likes...
    Careful with your links, bud. There's foul and offensive language all over that page.

I was born in AF Chat, molded by it, I didn't see AnimeForum until a few years after I decided to register my username.

♡ Your Royal Sprinkles ♡ Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake's Avatar
    Gil
    Psychadelic
    Gifts Cheshire Cat Kawaiislice Cake
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-29-2012 09:54 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I understand your point of view, however I'd like to point out that every year one single vegetarian not eating meat saves on average 100 animals from being slaughtered.
    I would be delighted to save just a single one, so I feel amazing when I hear that statistic!
    Plus, a lot of things have changed since 'ancient' times. They used to bash eachother on the heads and eat eachother's brains in order to assert dominance in tribes. Would you be willing to do that?!
    Okay well... thanks for pointing that out lol. I wasn't implying that their cause wasn't meritable, I was just making a point that no matter how many animals they save, many more have either already been digested, or still await their death, which probably won't change because eating meat is in our nature (another point I was trying to make with the 'ancient' times thing but you had to try and make me seem silly for saying that). Of course I'm not going to bash someone's head in and eat their brains. Belligerent dominance and eating meat really don't go hand in hand, ya know. We've evolved since then and though we avoid bashing each other heads in, there's one thing that has remained the same and that's eating meat.

Senior Member Genghis Beatrix has a reputation beyond repute Genghis Beatrix has a reputation beyond repute Genghis Beatrix has a reputation beyond repute Genghis Beatrix has a reputation beyond repute Genghis Beatrix has a reputation beyond repute Genghis Beatrix has a reputation beyond repute Genghis Beatrix has a reputation beyond repute Genghis Beatrix has a reputation beyond repute Genghis Beatrix has a reputation beyond repute Genghis Beatrix has a reputation beyond repute Genghis Beatrix has a reputation beyond repute Genghis Beatrix's Avatar
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Gifts Tiger Saturn Silence Glaive Cancer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-24-2013 07:26 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: generallylame

Wow... This thread...

First of all, that book seems like it's a PeTA product. Lord knows how much I dun like the PeTA products, especially when they have to sell graphic images to make people feel bad and use oversexualization to draw in the heterosexual male population.

Second of all, I love my meat. Some day, I wish to go hunting with my husband and get a deer, because venison is good. Besides, it would also teach on how to live off the land. I also love my veggies, but not enough to go vegan.

Third of all, this:

Fourth: Granted, animals are carnal, and we are animals. And just because we are "domesticated" doesn't mean we are not still carnal. Because we very much are. Just think that when you are lying in bed with your partner "wrestling" how tame you are while you are acting on your carnal desires.

-edit- And while we are arguing whether eating animals is right or not, take a look at the children of Africa that are going through famines and are malnourished... THey can use some meat to help give them protein to help get them back to a healthy weight.
    Last edited by Genghis Beatrix; 08-11-2012 at 11:56 AM.
    There is no absolute right and wrong. People judge as right what they personally consider pleasant, and judge as wrong what they personally consider unpleasant. Convincing others of what is right cannot be equated with teaching the Truth. It is just teaching others to agree with you. It is not about putting an end to error, but putting an end to opinions contrary to your own perceptions.
    ~Lao Tzu

Gil
    Drunk
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by DeathBlade/13.666 View Post
    Careful with your links, bud. There's foul and offensive language all over that page.
    Most subject that have their own thread, or are present in various user's details have leadings to offensive matters. As you've seen, I tried pasting a youtube video (that was... "offensive" for this site) hyperlink, but no matter how tried, it always displayed the video in the post and not just the link, so I switched it to a link to ED, which, I believe is much more explanatory and less misinformant than Wikipedia on certain... disputable topics. But hey, it's offsite and it's in the interest of graeter EDucation,

boopaloop! TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-08-2012 08:46 PM
    Threads

I'm already allergic to gluten and casien, there is no way I'd ever go vegan. I honestly don't even know what I would eat.

This is vore and I'm sick of it. Next thing you know, these freaks will be parading on the streets demanding rights, marriage, yelling "it's genetical" and the likes...
    Don't use terms you don't fully understand in a rude or abrasive context, it'll get you in more sticky situations than you'd like.

I won't go on some ridiculous tangent about vore, but, as a vorephille, I can tell you that less than 1% of the following consider cannibalism to be part of the fetish. And I'm only saying that ANYONE thinks this for the sake of benefit of the doubt. I have never, in all my years, seen a single discussion in which another vorephille thinks vore is of or related to cannibalism, nor have I seen anyone admit that they feel they get stimulated by thinking so.

Yes, it's a freakishly weird fetish; I completely understand how outlandishly weird it seems to other people (myself, even). It makes almost no sense at all.
    But, as a brony (unless your avatar is satirical), I would guess you understand what it's like for people to hate you for liking something they don't know jack about. It's the same thing here.

EDIT #2: Wow, do I even know who I'm talking to? Not sure why I bothered trying to explain something to you of all people.
    Last edited by TheThunderBringer; 08-11-2012 at 02:09 PM.

"dude your user name is B.A! props! sounds like a stoner metal band *loves stoner metal*...i might steal it >.>"

-RaShayRitto

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Most subject that have their own thread, or are present in various user's details have leadings to offensive matters. As you've seen, I tried pasting a youtube video (that was... "offensive" for this site) hyperlink, but no matter how tried, it always displayed the video in the post and not just the link, so I switched it to a link to ED, which, I believe is much more explanatory and less misinformant than Wikipedia on certain... disputable topics. But hey, it's offsite and it's in the interest of graeter EDucation,
    Wasn't looking for a response, nor an agrument. I'm just saying watch what you post. Yes it's offsite, and one can think of it as educational, but the point is of the fact the not only does it contain curse words, but also derogatory language towards certain groups of individuals. If you can't find something that explains your subject/topic to your satisfaction without cursing and derogatory names, explain it in your own words without the foul language. If you can't explain it in your own words without the foul language, then does it really need to be said at all? I do thank you for showing some discretion and not posting the video, but still. Try to find cleaner definitions and resources to explain stuff so that the little kiddies aren't completely traumatized and their parents get pissed at us over something dumb. ^.^

30. Likes DOOM! liked this post
    Great Witch of Britannia wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90's Avatar
    Gil
    Wicked
    Gifts Eva Penpen Wolf Full Moon
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-21-2014 03:53 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DisturbedWiccan PSN ID: Wolfdragon63 Steam ID: Wolfgirl90

As a Pagan, I respect and revere all living things, from the trees and carrots to the cows and chickens. Having said that, I do eat meat. Quite a lot of it, actually. I pay very close attention to where my meat comes from, but nevertheless, I do eat meat. I even hunt on occasion.

Now, I respect the choice that vegans have made to abstain from using animal products; it is a noble thing and, when done properly, is a healthy way to live. However, it is merely one way to live. I really hate it when vegans act holier-than-thou because they won't drink milk or eat bacon. In the enormous world that we live in, unless one is actively doing something to curtail animal cruelty, I seriously doubt that simply eating tofurkey is going to have much of an impact.

I think that we need to be aware of where we buy our products from and what happens during the process of it. However, I don't think that traumatizing a bunch of kids into eating a vegetable diet is the way to go.

I think I'm going to have steak and chicken tonight.
    This is my war face.

This is what happens to trolls who mess with me.

32. Likes RyuTama liked this post
Closed Thread

Thread Information