AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Angel Heart by Kid

AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    Raichu has a reputation beyond repute Raichu has a reputation beyond repute Raichu has a reputation beyond repute Raichu has a reputation beyond repute Raichu has a reputation beyond repute Raichu has a reputation beyond repute Raichu has a reputation beyond repute Raichu has a reputation beyond repute Raichu has a reputation beyond repute Raichu has a reputation beyond repute Raichu has a reputation beyond repute Raichu's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-25-2023 08:47 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Default Angel Heart by Kid

Full lyrics and provisional translation: http://lenslyrics.ml/angelheart.html

I've just submitted the romaji but I'm uncertain about the meaning in a couple of places.

verse 1
    もう イヤという言葉が / 疲れてきたと イイワケにするの
    To say I've had enough, / I make the excuse that I'm getting tired.

The problem I'm having is that が makes 言葉 the subject, but I can't figure out what verb. I've translated it as if it were を (i.e. the lyrics have a grammatical mistake, which would not be the first time), but is there is an interpretation that preserves it as が?

verse 3
    まだ 気づかないあなたの / 瞳に 踊り狂いそう / 酔いしれる甘い エンジェル・ハート

You do not notice yet / but in your eyes you're dancing wildly, / my sweet, intoxicated angel heart.

I'm not sure whether it's I'm dancing wildly (reflected in your eyes), or your eyes look like those of someone who's dancing wildly. NB I checked 酔いしれる is intransitive so angel heart seems to be the one who is intoxicated.

Finally, does anyone know or can figure out the connection is between angel heart and magical nuko len len?

sayakacarys is on a distinguished road sayakacarys's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-13-2018 08:30 AM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Default Re: Angel Heart by Kid

I was wondering why no one has replied to this thread and decided to check it out. Considering it has already been a month, you might have certainly figured it out. I won't even try to say I am the best person when it comes to translations but I thought I'll just have a try. Please correct me if I am wrong.

In verse 1, if we actually assume that 言葉 is the subject, things become clearer. "もう イヤという" then modifies "言葉" (leading to something like "words that say"). Then, the words are what make the excuse. By this I mean, to say roughly, that the speaker is excusing his being tired by saying "this is enough". Also, doesn't くる as an auxiliary verb (?) mean "to start to"? Considering that it is used in the past tense, shouldn't it have been, "I was getting tired"? Is it because it might sound weird in English that you have used this wording? I read this in the book A Dictionary of Basic Japanese Grammar and was wondering if くる can mean something else too when used like this.

Considering the second verse, it is certainly the speaker who is dancing in the third verse. For the second person's eyes to be looking like that of someone dancing wildly, I don't think に would be used. For the second person to be dancing, it seems more probable but doesn't make as much sense as the first person to be dancing in the larger context. Throughout the song, the first person is more passionate than the second person who is being addressed. To take that line as a continuation of the 2nd verse seems like a better option to me. And how about using infatuated instead of intoxicated? I am sure 酔いしれる means infatuated too (or at least can mean in this context). Or does intoxicated carry that meaning as well (sorry, I really do not know)?

Is angel heart a character?

Raichu has a reputation beyond repute Raichu has a reputation beyond repute Raichu has a reputation beyond repute Raichu has a reputation beyond repute Raichu has a reputation beyond repute Raichu has a reputation beyond repute Raichu has a reputation beyond repute Raichu has a reputation beyond repute Raichu has a reputation beyond repute Raichu has a reputation beyond repute Raichu has a reputation beyond repute Raichu's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Actually, I haven't looked at this song since I posted this. Thanks for the feedback. Addressing your points in reverse ...

Yes I think angel heart must be a character. Kid says that the song is about Magical Nuko Len Len, so I'll investigate it to see if it gives me more context. I was just hoping someone might already know but evidently not.

Yes 酔いしれる can mean mean infatuated or entranced. I meant "intoxicated" in a metaphorical sense too, but if you think it's misleading I don't mind saying infatuated.

Your reasoning makes sense now. If it was the appearance of their eyes, が would make more sense than に.

Yes I think you're right with -te kita, should be "I was getting tired" or "I've gotten tired". I was probably too focused on parsing the sentence and got it wrong.

もうイヤという言葉が疲れてきたとイイワケにする seems to mean "the words 'もうイヤ' are turning '疲れてきた' into an excuse". That doesn't make sense to me because words don't have the capacity for volition to make/do anything. Unless anyone has a better idea, maybe I'll say "Saying I'm fed up / makes an excuse for having gotten tired."

bambooXZX will become famous soon enough bambooXZX's Avatar
    Gil
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-18-2023 04:37 PM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Whoops, I looked at this a while back but forgot about it because I had trouble grasping the song overall.

I feel like「もう『イヤ』という言葉が疲れてきた」とイイワケにする is the most intuitive reading to me - as in "I'm tired of saying no" is an excuse given to do something, but I'm not quite sure how to tie it into the rest of the song.
    Last edited by bambooXZX; 05-27-2018 at 05:35 AM.

5. Likes sayakacarys liked this post
    Gil
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Ah finally something makes sense. Thanks once again, you're a champion!!

So what about this translation:
    I make the excuse that by now the words "No way" have gotten worn out.
    Last edited by Raichu; 05-27-2018 at 05:58 AM. Reason: provisional translation

sayakacarys is on a distinguished road sayakacarys's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-13-2018 08:30 AM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

I still do not understand why something like "I make the excuse for having gotten tired by saying no" would be wrong. Is it because と is never used in that way with いいわけにする? However, the translation you have arrived at fits better into the song.

Gil
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

The problems with my original translation was that it was based on replacing ga with wo. I then parsed the sentence completely differently:「もうイヤ」という言葉を「疲れてきた」とイイワケにする.

Even then, it's forced. Usually と would mark what you said as an excuse, not what you're turning into an excuse by saying something else. So that's why "I make the excuse for being tired" doesn't really fit. "I make the excuse, '... tired ...'" makes more sense as the translation.

I tried parsing it sensibly while retaining が but I'm a nigate when it comes to complexity. There are too many possibilities and my brain gets confused rather than finding the right one like most people seem to do. That's why I posted it here ... because there are actually normal people around.

9. Thanks sayakacarys thanked for this post
+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information