AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: The "Fullmetal Alchemist" Manga and 2009 Anime are Sexist

Geek of Games GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks's Avatar
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Gifts Jade Disc Cookie Cookie
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-28-2017 05:24 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: GameGeeks

Default Re: The "Fullmetal Alchemist" Manga and 2009 Anime are Sexist

Quote Originally Posted by NaokoElric2250 View Post
    Did you not read the ‘vise versa’ part? I stated that woman should design male clothing/perfume either, not just one side. You clearly did not understand what I was saying. ‘Vice versa’ is a Latin phase that, in modern terns, means that something previously said applies in the opposite situation. That is what I meant.
    Um, women do design male clothes and it's cologne for males, not perfume.

I do understand there are good male designers, and good male fashion-savvy people in regards to woman, such as Gok Wan. However, here is the problem: most of the clothing they design are feminine. They are not even in the middle of the “Tomboy - Girly Girl” spectrum, they are feminine. If a mans wants to design something for a woman, then they should make it neutral, not all-out feminine crap. And those men designing female lingerie really saw something about them, do you not think. What is the point in designer pants and bras, anyway? No one is going to see them expect perhaps a partner. If I had partner and she/he said “Check these designer lingerie/boxers” I would be thinking, “…and your point is?”
    Um, fashion lingerie is meant to be sexy so who better to know what a man finds arousing on a woman then a man? I doubt the lingerie you see on runways is functional for every day use.

I just think we know more about our own gender, and therefore will understand what our own gender likes. If someone wants to branch out into the design/story of the opposite gender, well good for them, they should just make sure they did it right.
    This is disproven by the fact that many of the clothing created for women by male fashion designers are quite popular with women.

One female deviant, whose usernae escapes me right now, was kind of sexist. She said FMA would not be dones as good with females *shakes head*.
    Where as you think any anime with a male protagonist is sexist. Gonna side with the DA user here.

OH PICARD, WHERE ARE YOU!?!

2. Thanks blueangel06661 thanked for this post
    Likes Token Black Guy liked this post
    Dislikes EnnisNagato disliked this post
    Senior Member Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis's Avatar
    Gil
    Curmudgeon
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-18-2016 04:10 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

BTW, not everyone flamed the frell out of my rant. Unlike most people there were ten or so people whom actually understood what I was saying, and they actually thought about it.
    >Implying that those who disagree with you simply were not educated enough to understand what you were saying.

Kind of funny that you're just going to the "Well my argument is better, you're just ignorant" stance. Perhaps you'd like to run that by everyone here who's told you that they don't agree with you, and given a valid reason as to why you're wrong.

Edit: I see you there wolfgirl, and one of your tl;dr text walls would very highly appreciated~
    Last edited by Anoleis; 06-02-2011 at 03:19 PM.

4. Thanks Token Black Guy thanked for this post
    Likes GameGeeks liked this post
    The Palmtop Tiger blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Hedgehog PPG Bubbles Alice
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2018 07:05 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: blueangel06661 Steam ID: blueangel06661

Quote Originally Posted by GameGeeks View Post
    Where as you think any anime with a male protagonist is sexist. Gonna side with the DA user here.
    That reminds me.. She claims to like FMA besides it's sexism.. But Ed and Al are guys. And Ed is the male protagonist. :|

GASP BURN THE SHOW

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Interested in Pop-Up Cafes in Japan? Dango News is the place for you.
    Dango News
    | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram

6. Thanks Token Black Guy thanked for this post
    Likes Anoleis, GameGeeks liked this post
    Member NaokoElric2250 is infamous around these parts NaokoElric2250 is infamous around these parts NaokoElric2250 is infamous around these parts NaokoElric2250 is infamous around these parts NaokoElric2250 is infamous around these parts NaokoElric2250 is infamous around these parts NaokoElric2250 is infamous around these parts NaokoElric2250 is infamous around these parts NaokoElric2250 is infamous around these parts NaokoElric2250 is infamous around these parts NaokoElric2250 is infamous around these parts NaokoElric2250's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-03-2011 12:46 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by blueangel06661 View Post
    Only stupid people try sooo hard to prove they are not stupid. Real intelligent people don't rub it in.. Especially when they are constantly being proven wrong.

And thats why you have 35 comments on your "wah wah wah I'm leaving" blog.. All 35 are pertained to wanting you gone. No one tried to make you stay. And LOL that one person is probably the only person.

...............Beating a dead horse.

It is not "wah wah wah". It is calm and straight to the point. Why should I deactivate when they are retards screen-capped my comments. did you read the above statement? I said TEN or so people understood it. And if the ten or so in-between the many flamers and trolls understood it, then I am happy.

---------- Post added at 09:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Aeschylus View Post
    >Implying that those who disagree with you simply were not educated enough to understand what you were saying.

Kind of funny that you're just going to the "Well my argument is better, you're just ignorant" stance. Perhaps you'd like to run that by everyone here who's told you that they don't agree with you, and given a valid reason as to why you're wrong.

Edit: I see you there wolfgirl, and one of your tl;dr text walls would very highly appreciated~
    As I said on the submission, you may disagree, but that gives them no right to flame. Some people, who even though they did disagree, put in a across in a intelligence, non-flaming way, and some people also said it made them think about the series and how it is, such as the person in the picture. Hell, some people even agreed with me.
    I did not if one disagrees, so long as they do not flame me as a result.

Get it into your skull.

8. Likes EnnisNagato liked this post
    The Palmtop Tiger blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

You know... 11 people said I should be queen... ELEVEN!

Oh wait.. I just lied didn't I. Because it's not like anyone has proof.

And it is whining. Only babies post a blog about leaving a site because she gets proven wrong by her idiotic post. Real people stay and don't whine or casually leave without making a deal out of it. Only butt hurt people have to post a blog.
    Last edited by blueangel06661; 06-02-2011 at 03:30 PM.

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Dango News

10. Thanks Token Black Guy thanked for this post
    Likes Anoleis liked this post
    Geek of Games GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks's Avatar
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

[QUOTE=NaokoElric2250;2569460]Housework isnot a 'woman's thing' it was only forced to be 'woman's work'.[QUOTE]No, it got the term woman's work because for thousands of years it was the woman's job to take care of the living area while the man went hunting or earned a living in some other way.

I did not frelling ‘google’ it. I know what I meant because I read books and learn. How dare you say something like that when you do not even know me. I am not stupid.
    So the rest of us don't read books and learn?

BTW, not everyone flamed the frell out of my rant. Unlike most people there were ten or so people whom actually understood what I was saying, and they actually thought about it. Some people, though disagreeing with some or most areas, still said it was good as it made them think. Like this:

Attachment 44067
    That ten out of what? Hundreds? And we obviously did think about it as we gave you reasons as to why you're wrong. I even brake parts of your initial argument and, pretty much, broke down all your responses and responded to each part. Yet you ignore me. All you really want is someone to agree with you. And it seems at this point that you're desperate enough to even accept a partial agreement.

12. Thanks Token Black Guy thanked for this post
    Likes blueangel06661 liked this post
    Roarrrrrrrrrrr!
    AnimeLyrics Admin
    animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Be Mine 143 - Snorlax Cookie
    Mentioned
    754 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-29-2016 11:05 PM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

here is the problem: most of the clothing [men designers] design are feminine. They are not even in the middle of the “Tomboy - Girly Girl” spectrum, they are feminine. If a mans wants to design something for a woman, then they should make it neutral, not all-out feminine crap.
    BTW, not everyone flamed the frell out of my rant.
    To be fair, I did not flame you as if my life depended on it, and I did not employ a single cuss word. I was merely speaking my mind and building upon what you said, so I'd appreciate it if you could respond in a more...mature way, too.

Now, you said you think male designers should make their female clothes "neutral". I do not agree to this opinion of yours, not because I think male designers should design more feminine clothes, but because it is right within their personal freedom to design whatever they want. That, is my personal opinion, which is equal to yours in weight. However, an opinion is only an opinion, you canNOT expect others to blindly accept your opinion. It is very important to learn to "agree to disagree." I asked you to please stop posting further because it was obvious no one would concede. What's the point of beating a dead horse? This is the final question I'm asking you: Do you personally believe there's a point in protracting this argument any further?

14. Likes Tetsanosuke, Token Black Guy liked this post
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

It is not "wah wah wah". It is calm and straight to the point. Why should I deactivate when they are retards screen-capped my comments. did you read the above statement? I said TEN or so people understood it. And if the ten or so in-between the many flamers and trolls understood it, then I am happy.
    You're one to talk, you're doing just as much flamming and trolling here as I am to you.

As I said on the submission, you may disagree, but that gives them no right to flame. Some people, who even though they did disagree, put in a across in a intelligence, non-flaming way, and some people also said it made them think about the series and how it is, such as the person in the picture. Hell, some people even agreed with me.
    I did not if one disagrees, so long as they do not flame me as a result.

Get it into your skull.
    Get it in your skull, I did and you chose to ignore it.

16. Thanks Token Black Guy thanked for this post
    Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

desperate enough to even accept a partial agreement.
    okay @NaokoElric2250

Can I agree with you that the sky is blue so you'll stfu and gtfo? We've come to an agreement so there.

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Dango News

18. Thanks Token Black Guy thanked for this post
    Member NaokoElric2250 is infamous around these parts NaokoElric2250 is infamous around these parts NaokoElric2250 is infamous around these parts NaokoElric2250 is infamous around these parts NaokoElric2250 is infamous around these parts NaokoElric2250 is infamous around these parts NaokoElric2250 is infamous around these parts NaokoElric2250 is infamous around these parts NaokoElric2250 is infamous around these parts NaokoElric2250 is infamous around these parts NaokoElric2250 is infamous around these parts NaokoElric2250's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

That reminds me.. She claims to like FMA besides it's sexism.. But Ed and Al are guys. And Ed is the male protagonist. :|

GASP BURN THE SHOW
    I like the 2003 anime. The ONLY good things about the manga were Xing (as in the country), that fact that Briggs had snow instead of desert, and some of the locations and places and some plot elements.

Still, this is off-topic, but my OCs are made for the manga as they would not fit into the 2003 anime and they, unlike most OCs are not involved with the canon characters, they have their own story within the universe, a story that could happen without messing up the canon.

Many series I like have a male main protagonist, but they treat their female and males characters right. However, I like them for their story and characters in general and some of my favourite characters are male. Case in point: Alphonse Elric (favourite FMA Character), House and Wilson (House M.D though Thirteen is my most favourite), in regards to the current series, Mickey and Rory from ‘Doctor Who’ (though again, other characters stand above them).

---------- Post added at 09:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:34 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by animeyay View Post
    To be fair, I did not flame you as if my life depended on it, and I did not employ a single cuss word. I was merely speaking my mind and building upon what you said, so I'd appreciate it if you could respond in a more...mature way, too.

Now, you said you think male designers should make their female clothes "neutral". I do not agree to this opinion of yours, not because I think male designers should design more feminine clothes, but because it is right within their personal freedom to design whatever they want. That, is my personal opinion, which is equal to yours in weight. However, an opinion is only an opinion, you canNOT expect others to blindly accept your opinion. It is very important to learn to "agree to disagree." I asked you to please stop posting further because it was obvious no one would concede. What's the point of beating a dead horse? This is the final question I'm asking you: Do you personally believe there's a point in protracting this argument any further?

I did not believe anyone’s opinion is lower than mine unless they are a troll. Such as your opinion. Well, if other's stopped replied, I would not be tempted t keep it going. Other people will keep it going even if I do stop, due to the screen-capped comments, which people will comment on, so they are the ones not letting it drop. I would gladly let it drop were the comments not screen-capped. If those people were mature enough to remove them, yeah, ok, I shall drop it. But I cannot completely do that with the comments up. Believe me, I want this to end, but I cannot, due to those trolls. I want it be left in the past, but thanks to the trolls, it cannot.
    Last edited by NaokoElric2250; 06-02-2011 at 03:44 PM.

20. Likes EnnisNagato liked this post
    Dislikes blueangel06661, GameGeeks disliked this post
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

I like the 2003 anime. The ONLY good things about the manga were Xing (as in the country), that fact that Briggs had snow instead of desert, and some of the locations and places and some plot elements.

Still, this is off-topic, but my OCs are made for the manga as they would not fit into the 2003 anime and they, unlike most OCs are not involved with the canon characters, they have their own story within the universe, a story that could happen without messing up the canon.

Many series I like have a male main protagonist, but they treat their female and males characters right. However, I like them for their story and characters in general and some of my favourite characters are male. Case in point: Alphonse Elric (favourite FMA Character), House and Wilson (House M.D though Thirteen is my most favourite), in regards to the current series, Mickey and Rory from ‘Doctor Who’ (though again, other characters stand above them).
    Apparently not since you claim that about Harry Potter but @Aeschylus did a nice break down of some of the characters and the roles they filled that you hated.

22. Dislikes EnnisNagato disliked this post
    Moderator ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-17-2017 07:39 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: the_wolfie

FMA's manga and the anime being sexist? GTFO >_> *sigh*

And I agree with what blueangel said - the time period Full Metal Alchemist is set in DOES have the females doing chores, ect, while Al, Ed and Roy are seen as the main characters who are the meaning of strength, courage and so on.
    Wolfie Dango ~*Red*~

Twin sister: Angella_Kagamine

24. Thanks blueangel06661 thanked for this post
    Likes blueangel06661 liked this post
    Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

I did not believe anyon's opinion is lower than mine unless they are a troll. Such as your opinion.

Says the trollolololololololol

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Dango News

26. Thanks ~*Red*~, Token Black Guy thanked for this post
    Likes ~*Red*~, Token Black Guy liked this post
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

I did not believe anyon's opinion is lower than mine unless they are a troll. Such as your opinion. Well, if other's stopped replied, I would not be tempted t keep it going. Other people will keep it going even if I do stop, due to the screen-capped comments, which people will comment on, so they are the ones not letting it drop. I would gladly let it drop were the comments not screen-capped. If those people were mature enough to remove them, yeah, ok, I shall drop it. But I canno completely do with that with the comments up. Believe me, I WANT this to end, but I cannot, due to those trolls. I want it be left in the past, but thanks to the trolls, it cannot.
    Or you just simply choose to ignore it. You've yet to respond to one of my posts and I doubt you ever will. I've used reason and logic and so have many others and you just choose to ignore it.

28. Thanks Token Black Guy thanked for this post
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Um, women do design male clothes and it's cologne for males, not perfume.

Um, fashion lingerie is meant to be sexy so who better to know what a man finds arousing on a woman then a man? I doubt the lingerie you see on runways is functional for every day use.

This is disproven by the fact that many of the clothing created for women by male fashion designers are quite popular with women.

OH PICARD, WHERE ARE YOU!?!
    I did not say the male disigners were not good.

And I do not believe that. As I said before, many series I like have a fantastic story and great characters, and the main protagionst is male, and still love it. Here is something to think about, it is something I heard in a video on www.thatguywiththeglasses.com: "Why is it that most series have a male protagionst? Why can we understand males the most, yet only girls can understand female protagionist. It's not very fair. We should be able to side with both".

30. Likes EnnisNagato liked this post
    Dislikes GameGeeks disliked this post
    Straight Outta Motown! Token Black Guy has a reputation beyond repute Token Black Guy has a reputation beyond repute Token Black Guy has a reputation beyond repute Token Black Guy has a reputation beyond repute Token Black Guy has a reputation beyond repute Token Black Guy has a reputation beyond repute Token Black Guy has a reputation beyond repute Token Black Guy has a reputation beyond repute Token Black Guy has a reputation beyond repute Token Black Guy has a reputation beyond repute Token Black Guy has a reputation beyond repute Token Black Guy's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Paint Palette Mic Sunglasses
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-28-2014 02:35 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Sleepy_Ninja313

Man that is whack!

Token Black Guy

32. Thanks blueangel06661 thanked for this post
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Or you just simply choose to ignore it. You've yet to respond to one of my posts and I doubt you ever will. I've used reason and logic and so have many others and you just choose to ignore it.
    I cannot just ignore people showing me up behind my back like cowards. I could not just ignore bullies in school, so why should I ignore thins, when thhey are talkin grozit about me when, again, they have not met me in real life.
    If you want, I could remove the thread, but it does not seem like I can. I have others threats with more postive things to attend to anyway.

34. Likes EnnisNagato liked this post
    Dislikes blueangel06661, GameGeeks disliked this post
    Roarrrrrrrrrrr!
    AnimeLyrics Admin
    animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Be Mine 143 - Snorlax Cookie
    Mentioned
    754 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-29-2016 11:05 PM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

[...]If those people were mature enough to remove them, yeah, ok, I shall drop it. But I cannot completely do that with the comments up. Believe me, I want this to end, but I cannot, due to those trolls
    Okay, so a long story short: You personally want this to end, but you will also only let it end when your condition is met. Well, I doubt that will happen any time soon, but let me just say this: If you believe the others are trolls, you should stop feeding the trolls, because the trolls feed off your posts. This is one of the most important rules of internet you must remember.

With that said, I officially conclude my participation in this thread. I shall be an observer now. Don't feel the trolls.

36. Likes GameGeeks liked this post
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

I did not say the male disigners were not good.

And I do not believe that. As I said before, many series I like have a fantastic story and great characters, and the main protagionst is male, and still love it. Here is something to think about, it is something I heard in a video on www.thatguywiththeglasses.com: "Why is it that most series have a male protagionst? Why can we understand males the most, yet only girls can understand female protagionist. It's not very fair. We should be able to side with both".
    Um, you do know that site is full of people meant to make you laugh, There are a few that do serious reviews like Bennett the Sage, but chances you're pulling a quote out of nowhere if you can't even remember who said it or in what video. And if it was Doug, chances are he was just being silly since he's an entertainer first and reviewer second.

Great Witch of Britannia wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90's Avatar
    Gil
    Wicked
    Gifts Eva Penpen Wolf Full Moon
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-21-2014 03:53 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DisturbedWiccan PSN ID: Wolfdragon63 Steam ID: Wolfgirl90

Yeah, its a long post, but bare with me ya'll.

When it comes to "sexism", yeah, I guess Fullmetal Alchemist is a little sexist...when viewed with a heavily biased Western lens.

Bare in mind that Fullmetal Alchemist (and all the other anime that you have essentially whined about) was made with a completely different cultural mindset, namely Japanese. There are so many nuances in the Japanese culture that seep through into anime that trying to examine anime without SOME of this knowledge is rather futile (and reveals more about your ignorance than anything about "sexism").

It is not uncommon today in Japan for women to send their husbands off to work and not see them again until much later in the evening only to repeat the cycle the next day. The culture and even the Japanese language itself expects women to be polite and demure (this has more to do with gender roles than the overall "value" of a certain gender). While this trend has been changing, even females have a hard time breaking it completely (females can lead a company, but will still use the polite language expected of them).

The same thing happens in anime. In Fullmetal Alchemist, Winry does essentially serve as a support character (virtually every other female in a shonen series usually ends up in this position). But that doesn't mean that she is useless. For all of the support that she gives, if it wasn't for her, Ed wouldn't have made it as far as he did without her.

I believe you place WAY too much importance on relative status rather than individual action and merit (hell, I think that you are being quite the hypocrite, allowing certain actions to be acceptable only if they are done by certain people). Winry may be a support character but she has helped Edward multiple times, more times than he helped her. She was effectively held hostage by the military, but in case you forgot, it was her freaking idea to keep up the charade despite the obvious danger to her life. She may have stayed home but that was only because she wanted to be in a constant postition to help Edward. He wanted her to leave the country but she refused and decided to stay. To stay by his side constantly, even on the battlefield wouldn't be brave; it would be borderline foolish. And when it comes to how she handled the news of who killed her parents, there's no point in comparing her reactions from the 2003 anime with the 2009 anime (there were two different killers and she personally knew one and was already afraid of the other).

Lan Fan does serve Ling, but she is not "a mere servant" (pfft...honestly). She is his bodyguard, a bodyguard who is so freaking hardcore that she cut off her own arm so that Ling could get away. Yeah, Lan Fan is so weak.

Riza Hawkeye is Roy's subordinate, however, she is not the ONLY subordinate Roy has (she is the only female subordinate). Also, Roy has entrusted HIS life to Riza, not the other way around. Riza is Roy's assistant and, like Lan Fan, his personal bodyguard. Riza has stepped in multiple times to prevent Roy from doing something profoundly stupid, like trying to perform flame alchemy in the rain (speaking of flame alchemy, Roy learned it from the tattoo on Riza's back, not his male master).

Olivier Armstrong was rescued by Alex when she was fighting Sloth, but this was after Sloth had broken her arm and by that time, she had "killed" him several times, all of this WITHOUT using alchemy. And before those events took place, she killed two generals without any hesitation.

Arakawa-sensei makes use of standard shonen tropes: strong male lead, supporting female for the male (possibly his love interest). However, Arakawa is not the only female shonen manga-ka who does this. If you are going to complain about Hiromu Arakawa, then you might as well complain about every other female shonen manga artist (almost all of them do the same thing). Rumiko Takahashi with InuYasha: InuYasha is at the forefront while Kagome is his support and love interest. Yellow Tanabe with Kekkaishi: Yoshimori is at the forefront while Tokine, despite her intelligence, is his support and love interest. This happens A LOT in shonen anime: the males are the lead (since, by definition, it is something that is supposed to appeal to MALES, so of course MALES are usually the lead since MALES like reading things about other MALES) and the females play support; even in a action role (i.e Fullmetal Alchemist, InuYasha), the females usually end up backing the male. Its shonen 101. Deal with it (or make your own comic; whatever occupies your time).

However, just because the females are the support doesn't mean that they are useless or that their roles should be disregarded because they are not the lead. Kagome may be InuYasha's support, but InuYasha can't do a darn thing without the girl. Tokine may be the Yoshimori's support, but she is the only one of the two who uses any amount of common sense.

You place too much important on relative status and importance that you ignore the individual strengths of the characters. The women in Fullmetal Alchemist have so many roles and purposes that it makes no sense to gauge their value by their relative status with a man; in fact, doing so only DEVALUES them.

Lan Fan's "servitude" doesn't make her actions any less hardcore; Riza being Roy's subordinate doesn't negate the fact that he entrusts his life to her; Olivier needing Alex's help doesn't negate the fact that she killed two corrupt generals and destroyed a bunch of immortal soldiers before her arm was broken (and continued to give commands to soldiers afterwards); and Winry being Edward's support doesn't stop the fact that she has helped him several times and serves as one of his inspirations to keep fighting.

If you have a problem with the status of the female characters, despite their many strengths and merits, then go write some fan fiction and stop wasting everyone's time.
    Last edited by wolfgirl90; 06-02-2011 at 04:06 PM.
    This is my war face.

This is what happens to trolls who mess with me.

Gil
    Paranoid
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

I cannot just ignore people showing me up behind my back like cowards. I could not just ignore bullies in school, so why should I ignore thins, when thhey are talkin grozit about me when, again, they have not met me in real life.
    If you want, I could remove the thread, but it does not seem like I can. I have others threats with more postive things to attend to anyway.
    Again you don't grasp what I was referring to. You chose for the longest time to simply ignore my posts. Even though I initially did give thought out responses. You just refuse to listen to reason and logic. As such I have been harping on you since I knew I wasn't going to get a response and I still stand by all of it either way.

40. Likes Token Black Guy liked this post
    Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

blahblahblahi'm uselessblah blah blah

Hey stop using your second account @EnnisNagato to dislike people. It's so obvious it's you because the second part of your SN always has a characters name. Naoko ELRIC... Ennis NAGATO and you have Nagato as your profile picture... Smooth

We're not stupid. It's clearly obvious it's you. Only babies create fake accounts to dislike other people and like their own post. NO ONE HERE IS AGREEING WITH YOU. Just face it.
    Last edited by blueangel06661; 06-02-2011 at 04:13 PM.

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Dango News

42. Thanks Token Black Guy, Miss Moonlight thanked for this post
    Likes animeyay, Token Black Guy, GameGeeks liked this post
    Senior Member Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NaokoElric2250
    If you can't stand the heat of the internet, get out of the internet ... kitchen.

Also, people disagreeing with you does not equate to "bullying". You're pretty much making yourself a target at this point.
    Last edited by Miss Moonlight; 06-02-2011 at 04:21 PM.

44. Thanks Token Black Guy thanked for this post
    Likes Token Black Guy, GameGeeks liked this post
    Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

05:14 PM - GameGeeks clicked Likes for this post: Re: The "Fullmetal Alchemist" Manga and 2009 Anime are Sexist by blueangel06661
    05:10 PM - EnnisNagato clicked Dislikes for this post: Re: The "Fullmetal Alchemist" Manga and 2009 Anime are Sexist by blueangel06661
    05:05 PM - EnnisNagato clicked Dislikes for this post: Re: The "Fullmetal Alchemist" Manga and 2009 Anime are Sexist by blueangel06661
    05:05 PM - EnnisNagato clicked Dislikes for this post: Re: The "Fullmetal Alchemist" Manga and 2009 Anime are Sexist by blueangel06661
    05:04 PM - blueangel06661 clicked Thanks for this post: Re: The "Fullmetal Alchemist" Manga and 2009 Anime are Sexist by wolfgirl90
    05:04 PM - EnnisNagato clicked Dislikes for this post: Re: The "Fullmetal Alchemist" Manga and 2009 Anime are Sexist by blueangel06661
    05:04 PM - EnnisNagato clicked Dislikes for this post: Re: The "Fullmetal Alchemist" Manga and 2009 Anime are Sexist by blueangel06661
    05:03 PM - EnnisNagato clicked Dislikes for this post: Re: The "Fullmetal Alchemist" Manga and 2009 Anime are Sexist by blueangel06661
    05:03 PM - EnnisNagato clicked Dislikes for this post: Re: The "Fullmetal Alchemist" Manga and 2009 Anime are Sexist by blueangel06661
    05:01 PM - EnnisNagato clicked Dislikes for this post: Re: The "Fullmetal Alchemist" Manga and 2009 Anime are Sexist by blueangel06661
    05:00 PM - EnnisNagato clicked Dislikes for this post: Re: The "Fullmetal Alchemist" Manga and 2009 Anime are Sexist by blueangel06661
    05:00 PM - EnnisNagato clicked Dislikes for this post: Re: The "Fullmetal Alchemist" Manga and 2009 Anime are Sexist by blueangel06661

Surely there's got a be a limit on that o____o How desperate can this girl get? Now it's to the point of spamming my notifications
    Last edited by blueangel06661; 06-02-2011 at 04:20 PM.

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Dango News

Straight Outta Motown! Token Black Guy has a reputation beyond repute Token Black Guy has a reputation beyond repute Token Black Guy has a reputation beyond repute Token Black Guy has a reputation beyond repute Token Black Guy has a reputation beyond repute Token Black Guy has a reputation beyond repute Token Black Guy has a reputation beyond repute Token Black Guy has a reputation beyond repute Token Black Guy has a reputation beyond repute Token Black Guy has a reputation beyond repute Token Black Guy has a reputation beyond repute Token Black Guy's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Paint Palette Mic Sunglasses
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-28-2014 02:35 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Sleepy_Ninja313

05:14 PM - GameGeeks clicked Likes for this post: Re: The "Fullmetal Alchemist" Manga and 2009 Anime are Sexist by blueangel06661
    05:10 PM - EnnisNagato clicked Dislikes for this post: Re: The "Fullmetal Alchemist" Manga and 2009 Anime are Sexist by blueangel06661
    05:04 PM - blueangel06661 clicked Thanks for this post: Re: The "Fullmetal Alchemist" Manga and 2009 Anime are Sexist by wolfgirl90
    05:01 PM - EnnisNagato clicked Dislikes for this post: Re: The "Fullmetal Alchemist" Manga and 2009 Anime are Sexist by blueangel06661

Surely there's got a be a limit on that o____o How desperate can this girl get? Now it's to the point of spamming my notifications
    It's irritating, but it's her just going full retard. She brought this upon herself.
    Man that is whack!

Token Black Guy

47. Thanks Miss Moonlight thanked for this post
Closed Thread

Thread Information