AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Uh...It's My First Day...

Member Rusty Blade is on a distinguished road Rusty Blade's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-26-2013 04:36 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Uh...It's My First Day...

Well now...Hello there. I'm new here (as you may have guessed) so I figured I'd introduce myself. My name is Alex and I'm one of the unfortunate few otaku who live down here in Australia. In the lack of anyone around to talk with about anime I hope to make some friends here and chat with you guys instead!

As far as anime goes I watch pretty much anything. Either I love anime too much or my standards are hopelessly low but I'm hard pressed to count on the fingers of one hand the anime I did not like. My favourite anime would have to be The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. Obsession doesn't even begin to describe it. Among my other favourites are Toradora, Shiki, K-ON!, Bleach, Black Cat and Chuunibyou.

It's good to be back on a forum again. I used to be on that other forum, the second one down when you type 'anime forum' into Google but that forum is pretty much dead at this point.

So this getting fairly long but thanks for reading this far. You deserve a prize! Shame I don't have anything to give. Oh well I thought about it and it's the thought that counts right?

I hope to get along well with you guys, see you around the forums!

Moderator Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Gifts Moon Crescent Wand Wine Kangaroo
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2018 04:32 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Uh...It's My First Day...

Hello, nice to meet you! I live in Australia too. Though I'm not sure what's unfortunate about it...
    I also love Toradora, Shiki and K-on! Haruhi's first season was awesome, but I was a little disappointed in Season 2. Anyway I look forward to seeing you around :-)

Senior Member AmandaNerdBot has a reputation beyond repute AmandaNerdBot has a reputation beyond repute AmandaNerdBot has a reputation beyond repute AmandaNerdBot has a reputation beyond repute AmandaNerdBot has a reputation beyond repute AmandaNerdBot has a reputation beyond repute AmandaNerdBot has a reputation beyond repute AmandaNerdBot has a reputation beyond repute AmandaNerdBot has a reputation beyond repute AmandaNerdBot has a reputation beyond repute AmandaNerdBot has a reputation beyond repute AmandaNerdBot's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-14-2016 08:56 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: DesuMaiden

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Blade View Post
    Well now...Hello there. I'm new here (as you may have guessed) so I figured I'd introduce myself. My name is Alex and I'm one of the unfortunate few otaku who live down here in Australia. In the lack of anyone around to talk with about anime I hope to make some friends here and chat with you guys instead!

As far as anime goes I watch pretty much anything. Either I love anime too much or my standards are hopelessly low but I'm hard pressed to count on the fingers of one hand the anime I did not like. My favourite anime would have to be The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. Obsession doesn't even begin to describe it. Among my other favourites are Toradora, Shiki, K-ON!, Bleach, Black Cat and Chuunibyou.

It's good to be back on a forum again. I used to be on that other forum, the second one down when you type 'anime forum' into Google but that forum is pretty much dead at this point.

So this getting fairly long but thanks for reading this far. You deserve a prize! Shame I don't have anything to give. Oh well I thought about it and it's the thought that counts right?

I hope to get along well with you guys, see you around the forums!
    I wish I had the time to watch those animes. But I don't and I'm also frankly very tired right now. Welcome to Anime Forums. Rozen Maiden will be glad to guide you through this forum.

Senior Member Ceris has a reputation beyond repute Ceris has a reputation beyond repute Ceris has a reputation beyond repute Ceris has a reputation beyond repute Ceris has a reputation beyond repute Ceris has a reputation beyond repute Ceris has a reputation beyond repute Ceris has a reputation beyond repute Ceris has a reputation beyond repute Ceris has a reputation beyond repute Ceris has a reputation beyond repute Ceris's Avatar
    Gil
    Bookworm
    Gifts 025 - Pikachu Cheese
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-19-2014 08:33 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Tragic Melody

Welcome! I love Toradora, K-On(as you can see, avatar+signature) and Chuunibyou (again). As for Haruhi, I enjoyed the first season (not loved), struggled through S2 and thought the movie was a masterpiece. So yeah, it seems we like similar type of anime so I hope to see you around!

how 2 u sociul plz? Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin's Avatar
    Gil
    Brooding
    Gifts Ice Cream Ice Cream Fuuko Starfish
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-22-2017 11:19 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Welcome. ^_^

I'm the moderator of this particular part of the forum, in case you weren't sure ... and basically that means that if you have any questions or problems then you can just send me a message and I can try and help you.

Also I have to say that you have to read the rules.
    : The Game. You just lost it. :

My signature was so old it broke. RIP signature.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Jasanime View Post
    Hello, nice to meet you! I live in Australia too. Though I'm not sure what's unfortunate about it...
    Yay another Aussie! What I mean by unfortunate was that there really aren't many anime fans around. At least around where I live we are an endangered species. Unless you go to one of the big cities there really isn't many fans around to talk to. But other than that the sun, surf and abundance of dangerous animals is sweet! It's nice to meet you!

---------- Post added at 01:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:56 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Garun View Post
    I wish I had the time to watch those animes. But I don't and I'm also frankly very tired right now. Welcome to Anime Forums. Rozen Maiden will be glad to guide you through this forum.
    Ah, Rozen Maiden another great show! Thanks for the welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Ceris View Post
    Welcome! I love Toradora, K-On(as you can see, avatar+signature) and Chuunibyou (again). As for Haruhi, I enjoyed the first season (not loved), struggled through S2 and thought the movie was a masterpiece. So yeah, it seems we like similar type of anime so I hope to see you around!
    Hi Ceris! I'll admit that the Endless 8 thing wasn't the best I've ever seen but you're right the movie is absolutely amazing! And we have the same favourite series! Great minds think alike don't they? Well I guess I'll see you round the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranshiin View Post
    Welcome. ^_^I'm the moderator of this particular part of the forum, in case you weren't sure...and basically that means that if you have any questions or problems then you can just send me a message and I can try and help you.

Also I have to say that you have to read the rules.
    Thanks mate! No worries, if I ever need help I'll be sure to give you a shout.

Senior Member Karirie is a splendid one to behold Karirie is a splendid one to behold Karirie is a splendid one to behold Karirie is a splendid one to behold Karirie is a splendid one to behold Karirie is a splendid one to behold Karirie is a splendid one to behold Karirie's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Kawaii Ice Cream Cone Gir 025 - Pikachu
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-24-2014 10:17 AM
    That's for me to know and for you to find out :3
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Hello there newcomer!! Welcome to the forum. Yay!! Another K-On fan!! I hope you have a fun time on here and I hope we can be friends!

When snow (Yuki) melts it turns into rain (Ame). When rain (Ame) falls, flowers (Hana) bloom.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by LeiaHeart View Post
    Hello there newcomer!! Welcome to the forum. Yay!! Another K-On fan!! I hope you have a fun time on here and I hope we can be friends!
    Hi! Thanks for the welcome. I love K-ON! Having been in a high school band I practically lived out every single episode so aside from being so damn cute and funny it's almost nostalgic too. If you just replace cute schoolgirls with a bunch of sweaty dudes, tea with beer and cake with KFC then that was my high school life. Anyway I hope to see you round the forums!

Senior Member AmandaNerdBot has a reputation beyond repute AmandaNerdBot has a reputation beyond repute AmandaNerdBot has a reputation beyond repute AmandaNerdBot has a reputation beyond repute AmandaNerdBot has a reputation beyond repute AmandaNerdBot has a reputation beyond repute AmandaNerdBot has a reputation beyond repute AmandaNerdBot has a reputation beyond repute AmandaNerdBot has a reputation beyond repute AmandaNerdBot has a reputation beyond repute AmandaNerdBot has a reputation beyond repute AmandaNerdBot's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Hey Rusty Blade, have you ever seen kangaroos in the wild, outside of a zoo? I have never seen one outside of a zoo.

Moderator Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Gifts Moon Crescent Wand Wine Kangaroo
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2018 04:32 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

@Rusty Blade Nice to meet you too. I don't really have any anime loving friends either so I know what you mean. Are you in Canberra? Are there any cons near you?

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Garun View Post
    Hey Rusty Blade, have you ever seen kangaroos in the wild, outside of a zoo? I have never seen one outside of a zoo.
    I have but it's best not to go near them if they are wild. Their kick is strong enough to break your bones and they like kicking balls as much as a Brazilian soccer player. They've even been known to jump through people's windows (seriously not kidding, it made news for like months when it first happened) Still fascinating to watch though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasanime View Post
    @Rusty Blade Nice to meet you too. I don't really have any anime loving friends either so I know what you mean. Are you in Canberra? Are there any cons near you?
    No, Newcastle is about 2-3 hours out from Sydney and about 5 hours from Canberra. I have to travel for ages to go to cons but they are definitely worth it. I always go to one in Sydney called SMASH! which is fairly small compared to stuff like Supanova and Manifest but it's better if you ask me. I usually only go with my brother though since he's the only other anime fan around to go with.

Moderator ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-17-2017 07:39 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: the_wolfie

Hey there and welcome to the forum
    Wolfie Dango ~*Red*~

Twin sister: Angella_Kagamine

Senior Member Fandom Fate is on a distinguished road Fandom Fate's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-03-2013 08:33 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Pure Pain96 PSN ID: PurePain-2012 Steam ID: BradE96

Welcome to Anime Forum, Rusty Blade! Looking forward to reading your posts and I hope you enjoy your time here.
    Anime I'm Currently Watching: Yu-Gi-Oh! GX - Season 1
    Anime Next: Yu-Gi-Oh! GX - Season 2
    Animes I've Completed: Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters| Highschool of the Dead

Gil
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Blade View Post
    I have but it's best not to go near them if they are wild. Their kick is strong enough to break your bones and they like kicking balls as much as a Brazilian soccer player. They've even been known to jump through people's windows (seriously not kidding, it made news for like months when it first happened) Still fascinating to watch though.
    That reminds me. I might want to watch the movie, Kangaroo Jack, sometime. Nah. That movie I didn't like very much, but kangaroos are tasty critters, I would imagine. I wouldn't mind eating one.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information