AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Avatar: The Last Airbender [Original]

~Neko Neko Neko~ KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls's Avatar
    Gil
    Bookworm
    Gifts Cookie Four Leaf Clover
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-19-2014 02:19 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender [Original]

Quote Originally Posted by ~OTAKYU~ View Post
    Is avatar even a cartoon or an anime?
    Depends on opinion.

Senior Member ~OTAKYU~ is on a distinguished road ~OTAKYU~'s Avatar
    Gil
    Cool
    Gifts Pen IPhone Tsubasa Mokona
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-20-2014 03:57 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by KyouFalls View Post
    Depends on opinion.
    Your saying that if i want it an anime it turns to an anime and if i want it to be a cartoon it becomes a cartoon *poof* dont get it...

~Neko Neko Neko~ KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls's Avatar
    Gil
    Bookworm
    Gifts Cookie Four Leaf Clover
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-19-2014 02:19 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Your saying that if i want it an anime it turns to an anime and if i want it to be a cartoon it becomes a cartoon *poof* dont get it...
    Yes, Some people view it as anime, Some people few it as Cartoons, Opinion... Wait.. Is that opinion....i think i messed up here. lolololololol

Senior Member ~OTAKYU~ is on a distinguished road ~OTAKYU~'s Avatar
    Gil
    Cool
    Gifts Pen IPhone Tsubasa Mokona
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-20-2014 03:57 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by KyouFalls View Post
    Yes, Some people view it as anime, Some people few it as Cartoons, Opinion... Wait.. Is that opinion....i think i messed up here. lolololololol
    Yeah you really messed up this topic.

Forever Bound. DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Dodge Viper SRT10 Beer Movie Ticket
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-23-2023 10:57 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ChaosFluffy Steam ID: ChaosFluffy

Essentially, Anime = Animation. The Cartoons you know and love = animation. BUT not all cartoons are animated, ie: your comics section in the news paper, yes the funny pages, all contain comic strips which are cartoons as well.

EITHER WAY!!!!

Let's get back on topic, shall we?

Have any of y'all seen a box set containing all the books/seasons for ATLA? or are they still selling them by the books/seasons?
    Good ol' Dogs never Die, they just keepin on livin' till their time comes.

I was born in AF Chat, molded by it, I didn't see AnimeForum until a few years after I decided to register my username.

Member Excel Zero will become famous soon enough Excel Zero's Avatar
    Gil
    Inpain
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-21-2014 11:46 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DerpyHoovesDA

loved it...can ya tell?

Yes I enjoyed it very much. Haven't seen Korra yet but I love Mai
    I'll be changing my name to something around this when I can

Senior Member Yung A$$eroya has a reputation beyond repute Yung A$$eroya has a reputation beyond repute Yung A$$eroya has a reputation beyond repute Yung A$$eroya has a reputation beyond repute Yung A$$eroya has a reputation beyond repute Yung A$$eroya has a reputation beyond repute Yung A$$eroya has a reputation beyond repute Yung A$$eroya has a reputation beyond repute Yung A$$eroya has a reputation beyond repute Yung A$$eroya has a reputation beyond repute Yung A$$eroya has a reputation beyond repute Yung A$$eroya's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Gurren Gurren Dan Gurren Gurren Dan Gurren Gurren Dan
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-05-2015 08:47 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Sokka's my favorite character haha.

Forever Bound. DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

I don't know if anyone's paid attention in the comic book world, but IDW is running an Avatar: the Last Airbender series. I've just picked up two hardcover trades and there's possibly a third coming out too. They take place right after the events of the show, with Zuko now being the Fire Lord, Aang trying to restore peace and harmony across all nations, and Toph starting to teach metal bending at her newly founded school. The first trade is The Promise and the second is The Search.

In The Promise starts off with Zuko, Aang, and Katara, trying to bring peace and harmony back to the nations by removing the Fire Nation colonies out of Earth Nation territory, an sending them all back to the Fire Nation. Problems arise though as Yu Dao (the oldest of the colonies) fights to stay, not only as a colony, but also as a mix of Fire and Earth nation due to many Fire and Earth benders becoming friends and family over the years. Because of Yu Dao's attempts to stay and with Fire Lord Zuko's support, the Earth Nation decides to take over Yu Dao by force. Could this re-ignite the war between Fire and Earth Nations?

In The Search, Zuko seeks answers to the whereabouts of his mother. So he gathers Aang, Katara, and Sokka, as well as Azula in order to learn what happened to his mother. But with Azula being insane, what will she do when she finds their mother?

Yes, I've already read them and know the answers to these questions. Just want to entice you to read them. ;P

I must say, as an avid fan of the series and Legend of Korra, I really enjoy the work they've put into the books. They're dead on with the show, and the artwork is just like we remember it. Both books are 238 pages of content, including 12 pages of art sketches and design work for the trade. And I can't really wait for the next one. -fangirls-

Here's a snipit.

Last edited by DeathBlade/13.666; 11-03-2014 at 12:56 PM.

I was born in AF Chat, molded by it, I didn't see AnimeForum until a few years after I decided to register my username.

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-25-2024 08:51 PM
    Threads

Watch Thundercats, Voltron and Megas XLR, then tell us what exactly the difference is between anime and cartoome
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

10. Dislikes DeathBlade/13.666 disliked this post
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_n View Post
    Watch Thundercats, Voltron and Megas XLR, then tell us what exactly the difference is between anime and cartoome
    Don't you dare sidetrack the topic for an argument that's already been discussed in other threads including its own, and already been moved on from here.

Get with the TOPIC!!!

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Fine. is there any reason for Korra and Asami not to date? I'd have already written their wedding, but I'm waiting until the end of Season 4 lest one of them be killed off.
    Last edited by Clayton_n; 11-04-2014 at 01:24 PM.
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Because there's more to the show than just your ships. Also because Korra and Asami don't EXIST in Avatar: the Last Airbender. They only exist in the second part of the Avatar franchise through Legend of Korra.
    Last edited by DeathBlade/13.666; 11-05-2014 at 12:45 AM.

Member Blue Spirit will become famous soon enough Blue Spirit will become famous soon enough Blue Spirit's Avatar
    Gil
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-29-2015 02:59 AM
    Threads

I could have sworn that I replied to this thread, but apparently not. I love Avatar the Last Airbender. It's kind of amusing that I discovered the show only last year, and on this Facebook group I'm a member of will sometimes posts images saying "like if Avatar was part of your childhood" when it was the complete opposite for me. Oh well, haha. I swear that I can watch ATLA on a weekly basis without getting the least tired or bored with the show. I love everything about it -- the jokes and the journey they all go through with Aang. I will sometimes listen to it in the background on my phone while playing a computer game.

Know what I did just the other week though? I was doing a PowerPoint presentation for my second course in Information and Communication, and I had two options. The first was something for a company and the other was to write about a favourite artist or group. Well, I don't have one anymore so I asked my teacher if it was all right to pick an anime show instead. After she said it was okay, I went ahead and gathered information about ATLA, saving pictures and even had "Agni Kai" play throughout the presentation. Unfortunately, I only managed to get a C on it and it was probably because I had too much text of some of the slides. Not sure if she became interested to watch it though since she's in her forties and anime may not be something she'd enjoy.

Anyway, my absolutely favourite character is Uncle Iroh. His personality is the best and I love his jokes and lines. One particular quote of his that always make me smile and laugh is the episode "The Drill" from the second season.

Uncle Iroh: I know your not supposed to cry over spilled tea, but [cries] it's just so sad!

That one is just priceless to me. Other than him, I really like Sokka. His sarcasm and squeaky voice -- what's not to love? As for favourite episode, I enjoy "The Cave of Two Lovers" and the singing nomads they meet on their way to Omashu. I usually play that one two or three times because the songs are good and happy and just a funny episode.
    just believe

Senior Member SaraG25 has a reputation beyond repute SaraG25 has a reputation beyond repute SaraG25 has a reputation beyond repute SaraG25 has a reputation beyond repute SaraG25 has a reputation beyond repute SaraG25 has a reputation beyond repute SaraG25 has a reputation beyond repute SaraG25 has a reputation beyond repute SaraG25 has a reputation beyond repute SaraG25 has a reputation beyond repute SaraG25 has a reputation beyond repute SaraG25's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Kawaiislice Kawaii Neapolitan Icecream Bar
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-22-2016 08:22 PM
    Threads

Favorite Female Character: Katara
    Favorite Male Character: Zuko
    Favorite Pet: Momo

I wanted Katara and Zuko to be together sooo bad. I was pissed when they didn't.

Member Blue Spirit will become famous soon enough Blue Spirit will become famous soon enough Blue Spirit's Avatar
    Gil
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-29-2015 02:59 AM
    Threads

It did seem like they were going to end up together though, didn't it? They had a few moments where they were completely alone, like when both are held prisoners in the dungeon of the Dai Li. I was hoping that Katara would eventually admit her feelings to Aang since you did get the impression that she liked him back, but at the same time I wouldn't have been disappointed if she ended up with Zuko instead. Who knows what could have happened if Azula hadn't convinced her brother to help her bring down Aang right then and there?

Any particular scene or episode that you liked best? I forgot to mention that the Tales of Ba Sing Se is another favourite. The scene where Uncle Iroh brings a picnic and celebrates the birthday of his dead son, singing "Leaves from the Vine" gets me every time -- every single time -- and I always end up crying. It's so emotional and beautiful. I felt so sorry for Uncle Iroh. And the scene in book one where he tells Zuko that he always thought of him as his son ever since he lost his own son in battle? So sweet.
    just believe

Senior Member SaraG25 has a reputation beyond repute SaraG25 has a reputation beyond repute SaraG25 has a reputation beyond repute SaraG25 has a reputation beyond repute SaraG25 has a reputation beyond repute SaraG25 has a reputation beyond repute SaraG25 has a reputation beyond repute SaraG25 has a reputation beyond repute SaraG25 has a reputation beyond repute SaraG25 has a reputation beyond repute SaraG25 has a reputation beyond repute SaraG25's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Kawaiislice Kawaii Neapolitan Icecream Bar
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-22-2016 08:22 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Spirit View Post
    It did seem like they were going to end up together though, didn't it? They had a few moments where they were completely alone, like when both are held prisoners in the dungeon of the Dai Li. I was hoping that Katara would eventually admit her feelings to Aang since you did get the impression that she liked him back, but at the same time I wouldn't have been disappointed if she ended up with Zuko instead. Who knows what could have happened if Azula hadn't convinced her brother to help her bring down Aang right then and there?

Any particular scene or episode that you liked best? I forgot to mention that the Tales of Ba Sing Se is another favourite. The scene where Uncle Iroh brings a picnic and celebrates the birthday of his dead son, singing "Leaves from the Vine" gets me every time -- every single time -- and I always end up crying. It's so emotional and beautiful. I felt so sorry for Uncle Iroh. And the scene in book one where he tells Zuko that he always thought of him as his son ever since he lost his own son in battle? So sweet.
    Yeah, they really did let you think there was something going to happen between the two of them. Azula had the worst timing in the world x.x

Favorite scenes were whenever those two were together and when Sokka got high off of cactus juice. That was pretty funny.

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I hear Azula becomes a fire priestess.

Azula: It puts the spirit water on its skin or else it gets the hose again!

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Perhaps... But nothing of Azula is noted following her departure in the The Search storyline following the show. =/ No appearance either in LoK. http://avatar.wikia.com/wiki/Azula

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

They have a comic coming out. Maybe we'll find out there.

Senior Member Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Gifts 007 - Squirtle 258 - Mudkip Gabumon
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-26-2024 12:40 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

This cartoon series never caught my attention, to be honest.

I heard that the movie by M. Night Shyamalan was atrocious, but I might watch it someday to see for myself if it's true.
    My Wi-Fi, it's gone out . . .

Member duo02 is on a distinguished road duo02's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-24-2015 01:41 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: wild thunder 02

Toph fan for life here. I great series that I hoped never would come to an end but as they say all good things must come to an end buuuuuut what an end indeed. The story was original the martial arts were true to their styles and for me that is huge being a martial artist myself. I tried watching the korra sequel and... I just couldn't get it going to for me. Atleast for me it lost that magic that the first one brought, that and a clear plot.

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Member duo02 is on a distinguished road duo02's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-24-2015 01:41 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: wild thunder 02

^ that was freaking awesome there the ultimate showdown

Senior Member Nesh has a reputation beyond repute Nesh has a reputation beyond repute Nesh has a reputation beyond repute Nesh has a reputation beyond repute Nesh has a reputation beyond repute Nesh has a reputation beyond repute Nesh has a reputation beyond repute Nesh has a reputation beyond repute Nesh has a reputation beyond repute Nesh has a reputation beyond repute Nesh has a reputation beyond repute Nesh's Avatar
    Gil
    Sleepy
    Gifts 143 - Snorlax Pen Electric Piano
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-11-2015 03:17 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

I enjoyed watching these series. One of the better one shown on TV from where I come. Would gladly recommend it to anyone. It's worth the watch
    Nesh (nɛʃ) dialect adj. - sensitive to the cold

Set made by me
    ''Do your best, no matter how many times you fail!.''

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Anyone know the release date for the Korra comic?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information