AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Make AF great again!

Moderator Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Be Mine Alfa Romeo Spider JTS Mario Blue Shell
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-12-2017 03:31 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Default Make AF great again!

Users of AF, it is time to make AF great again. To do this we must elect a user President or the United (for reasons). Which user on this forum (alive or dead) would you elect as President and why?

Rolling @Animedude5555
    For his ceaseless commitment to anime and the American way.

2. Likes Anime Forum liked this post
    Senior Member Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-04-2022 08:14 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Make AF great again!

Already tried this and nobody put any effort into it.

I'm down with making AF good again, but the fact remains that unless we get better moderators and the admins actually change this website: The forum will never be great, good, or even okay. I called it five years ago and everything I said would happen eventually did happen.

Heck, I'd still be moderator if AnimeGlobe got upgraded like I was promised for thirteen months which never happened.
    Nonon Jakuzure - Best Kill la Kill bae
    Ota "The Cutest Otaku" 2016 - Lol, how's your account doing lately? Oh wait.
    Pretty damn great! #spoke2soon

Moderator Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by Anime Forum View Post
    Already tried this and nobody put any effort into it.

I'm down with making AF good again, but the fact remains that unless we get better moderators and the admins actually change this website: The forum will never be great, good, or even okay. I called it five years ago and everything I said would happen eventually did happen.

Heck, I'd still be moderator if AnimeGlobe got upgraded like I was promised for thirteen months which never happened.
    Gotta roll with the punches. I hate to say it, because frankly thats crap advice, but its true. Way back when, I was promised exclusive access to develop AnimeGraphics.com or something or the other; that was like 6 years ago. The only advice here, the only thing to do, its just post! Just contribute, just do art, or troll, or watch anime.

Dont lose sight and treat this like a job, enjoy it for what it is: a community where we talk about anime and anime accessories.

And I wouldnt have it any other way. Shame it took me that long to realize it.

Senior Member Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vintniv View Post
    Gotta roll with the punches. I hate to say it, because frankly thats crap advice, but its true. Way back when, I was promised exclusive access to develop AnimeGraphics.com or something or the other; that was like 6 years ago. The only advice here, the only thing to do, its just post! Just contribute, just do art, or troll, or watch anime.

Dont lose sight and treat this like a job, enjoy it for what it is: a community where we talk about anime and anime accessories.

And I wouldnt have it any other way. Shame it took me that long to realize it.
    I completely agree - AF is a community and its a place where we should discuss anime and have fun. Though, communities still need to have good moderators and promises should be kept - busy or not because if AG gets upgraded I promise you I'd still be posting quality posts here everyday.

You have the right attitude though and I 100% support making AF good and fun again. I'm not sure what we can do with the current moderator situation and the current situation with users staying in their safe space - but if you need help I 100% support you. You are the first user besides me in the last year who hae actually tried to come up with ideas to benefit AF.

Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Gifts Penguin Movie Ticket Gabumon
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-13-2024 02:28 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Making AF great is a community effort from both mods and members, which is hard. All mods here have put out ideas but I don't think the members really care about the state of the forum. It came to the point that everyone comes here to chill every now and then.

Gil
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou+ View Post
    Making AF great is a community effort from both mods and members, which is hard. All mods here have put out ideas but I don't think the members really care about the state of the forum. It came to the point that everyone comes here to chill every now and then.
    Its really simple - The site will never be great unless the admins choose to change and upgrade this website. AG was a chance to bring AF into the future and promises were broke multiple times. You can't expect people to care about this website when better option forums exist. Choosing AF over Naruto Forum or myanimelist when both (especially manimelist) offers more features and has a larger community due to those features and a better ran system is just not going to logically happen. AF is outdated and its system for moderating is failing.

Pump out all the ideas you want. Unless AF is upgraded - Results will NOT show.
    Last edited by Anime Forum; 10-14-2016 at 11:50 PM.

Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Pump out all the ideas you want. Unless AF is upgraded - Results will NOT show.
    This is certainly true though. Asides from AF, which is okay I guess, the other sites are just so late 90s.

🐮🔪 Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-13-2019 08:41 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

We need to make America great again before we can do the same for AF. We need to vote for an anime character for US president.
    Click the banner to visit my website.

My website is still under construction, so please visit it often to see it as it grows. You may have to press F5 to refresh the page if there's something new that's not showing (in some rare cases, you may have to use Ctrl+F5). If you wish to contact me about my site and are a member of Animeforum, PM me. If you are just a guest visiting Animeforum, please use [email protected]

Gil
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

This is certainly true though. Asides from AF, which is okay I guess, the other sites are just so late 90s.
    Not sure how you see them at late 90s. I can't speak for Naruto Forum, but myanimelist has features that no website used back in the late 90s. It might have a white layout, but its obviously doing something right to have so many active members and have Japan themselves shout them out.

In contrast, Anime Forum is obviously doing something wrong. NF, MAL, Crunchroll forums prove that anime forums can be active despite the time change. To add - There was a website that listed ten anime forums to check out and AF failed to make the list. AF is no longer seen as a good anime forum and I know you know that. Though, why is that? Like I said - AF hasn't changed. AF hasn't tried to get better. Making new moderators and edititing existing sections isn't change. AF needs new features and whoever says "features won't do anything to benfefit AF" is clueless and indenial.

I have even shown this website to other forums and they've all laughed and poked fun at it (heck, I could even show you the NF thread and what they said about it).

AF and I have a long history, but the first stage in making this site better will be:

- Admitting drastic change is needed.

Until then, we can only post and live in a fantasy world of a huge activity increase.

@Vintniv - Keep posting and keep up the positive attitude. Positive attitude won't make AF active again, but at the very least it will keep it moving in the off chance change does happen. Also I respect what you're doing.

@blueangel06661 - We have a history, but I also know you are smart and deep down know AF is staying where its been for years on end. By 2019, AF will still be in this situation and some user will post trying to make AF great again. Its an endless cycle and an endless struggle. At this point, I'm not even sure what features or updates would benefit AF, but there is always a way. I believe in you because I know better than anyone how strong your will is.

After you admit change is needed, the second stage to make this site better will be:

- Sell your change.

Once we admit we have change and find something that might work, you/we need to sell it to the best of our ability. We can sell AF anywhere: Twitch, Youtube, Friends, Family, etc.

@blueangel06661 - Not to sound sexist, but you're a girl. If you stream on twitch you have a better chance to get a following typically. If you stay dedicated, you can use your streams to bring viewers to AF.

After that, the future awaits.
    Last edited by Anime Forum; 10-15-2016 at 04:13 AM.

🐮🔪 Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Not sure how you see them at late 90s. I can't speak for Naruto Forum, but myanimelist has features that no website used back in the late 90s. It might have a white layout, but its obviously doing something right to have so many active members and have Japan themselves shout them out.

In contrast, Anime Forum is obviously doing something wrong. NF, MAL, Crunchroll forums prove that anime forums can be active despite the time change. To add - There was a website that listed ten anime forums to check out and AF failed to make the list. AF is no longer seen as a good anime forum and I know you know that. Though, why is that? Like I said - AF hasn't changed. AF hasn't tried to get better. Making new moderators and edititing existing sections isn't change. AF needs new features and whoever says "features won't do anything to benfefit AF" is clueless and indenial.

I have even shown this website to other forums and they've all laughed and poked fun at it (heck, I could even show you the NF thread and what they said about it).

AF and I have a long history, but the first stage in making this site better will be:

- Admitting drastic change is needed.

Until then, we can only post and live in a fantasy world of a huge activity increase.

@Vintniv - Keep posting and keep up the positive attitude. Positive attitude won't make AF active again, but at the very least it will keep it moving in the off chance change does happen. Also I respect what you're doing.

@blueangel06661 - We have a history, but I also know you are smart and deep down know AF is staying where its been for years on end. By 2019, AF will still be in this situation and some user will post trying to make AF great again. Its an endless cycle and an endless struggle. At this point, I'm not even sure what features or updates would benefit AF, but there is always a way. I believe in you because I know better than anyone how strong your will is.

After you admit change is needed, the second stage to make this site better will be:

- Sell your change.

Once we admit we have change and find something that might work, you/we need to sell it to the best of our ability. We can sell AF anywhere: Twitch, Youtube, Friends, Family, etc.

@blueangel06661 - Not to sound sexist, but you're a girl. If you stream on twitch you have a better chance to get a following typically. If you stay dedicated, you can use your streams to bring viewers to AF.

After that, the future awaits.

I just noticed your username. It's the same as this forum's name. Is that even allowed? Or is that considered impersonating?

My website is still under construction, so please visit it often to see it as it grows. You may have to press F5 to refresh the page if there's something new that's not showing (in some rare cases, you may have to use Ctrl+F5). If you wish to contact me about my site and are a member of Animeforum, PM me. If you are just a guest visiting Animeforum, please use [email protected]

The Palmtop Tiger blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Hedgehog PPG Bubbles Alice
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2018 07:05 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: blueangel06661 Steam ID: blueangel06661

Honestly these threads are a bore. We get them every so often, usually by a user who goes by Yoko....... Yoko y u bring me into this -.-

Anyhow. Anime Forum is fine as it is in my honest opinion. It'll never return back to it's glory days because that's just not what the internet is into anymore; hence why I've spent a LOT of time shuffling us over into social media outlets with Deathblades and a few other mods help. AF has a Discord account which is an off-site chat and that's highly active with AF users. It's a waste of time to make a concept that died out internet-wide relevant again. It's not just AF.

There's little point in trying to make AF the greatest active community ever again. We have low active users and most have been here long time however we can just focus on those users and keep providing what they come here for, which is a sense of what I think is a tight knit community.

Other people went to other communities that offer more than we ever will. They offer functional databases, streaming services, merchandise stores and are consistently maintained & updated. The only useful relevant thing AF actually offers is our Lyrics. Need an anime lyric in hiragana/kanji, romaji, and english? Anime Lyrics is usually the only site to offer all forms and generally ALWAYS comes out on top in search. If anything I feel we should be spending a lot of time/effort into making AL better and inviting because it has the potential to drive more traffic than anything else because it still looks outdated.

Side snippet about twitch: Word

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Interested in Pop-Up Cafes in Japan? Dango News is the place for you.
    Dango News
    | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram

Gil
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blueangel06661 View Post
    Honestly these threads are a bore. We get them every so often, usually by a user who goes by Yoko....... Yoko y u bring me into this -.-

Anyhow. Anime Forum is fine as it is in my honest opinion. It'll never return back to it's glory days because that's just not what the internet is into anymore; hence why I've spent a LOT of time shuffling us over into social media outlets with Deathblades and a few other mods help. AF has a Discord account which is an off-site chat and that's highly active with AF users. It's a waste of time to make a concept that died out internet-wide relevant again. It's not just AF.

There's little point in trying to make AF the greatest active community ever again. We have low active users and most have been here long time however we can just focus on those users and keep providing what they come here for, which is a sense of what I think is a tight knit community.

Other people went to other communities that offer more than we ever will. They offer functional databases, streaming services, merchandise stores and are consistently maintained & updated. The only useful relevant thing AF actually offers is our Lyrics. Need an anime lyric in hiragana/kanji, romaji, and english? Anime Lyrics is usually the only site to offer all forms and generally ALWAYS comes out on top in search. If anything I feel we should be spending a lot of time/effort into making AL better and inviting because it has the potential to drive more traffic than anything else because it still looks outdated.

Side snippet about twitch: Word

If you're fine (an admin) and admit other communities will always offer more than AF and still fine with that - Then I have no place to argue nor complain. As long as you're aware of the shortcomings and can admit AF has them - Arguing any further would be immature and a waste of time for me.

If this is what AF will be forever and ever, then I can accept that because you at least admitted you as an admin feel its fine and are satisfied with the level its at. At the end of the day, its the admins' site.

Also - I bring you into this because you love me so much :>

The Palmtop Tiger blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

If you're fine (an admin) and admit other communities will always offer more than AF and still fine with that - Then I have no place to argue nor complain. As long as you're aware of the shortcomings and can admit AF has them - Arguing any further would be immature and a waste of time for me.

If this is what AF will be forever and ever, then I can accept that because you at least admitted you as an admin feel its fine and are satisfied with the level its at. At the end of the day, its the admins' site.

Also - I bring you into this because you love me so much :>
    It's not my call as an Admin; It would be the owner of the site.. The owner has authority on what they wish to do (or not do) with their site. It's up to him if he wants to grow or not. We will not be able to grow with just what we have currently. It's impossible. No amount of user base power is going to fix it because we've nothing to draw others in.

I would like to do more however the man has several other successful businesses outside of AF which ultimately means AF is regularly put on the back burner.

I just don't see the need to tireless push for some huge goal that will never happen. This happens all the time. Someone wants to make AF great again, someone has big ideas, big ideas never go through, they get discouraged and often leave the site. Rinse/repeat.

It's better to just focus on what we already have rather than eyeballing something we don't have (and never will get). AF isn't all that bad. It's still a place to come back to.

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Dango News

Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

The other sites as in AnimeWallpaper, AnimeLyrics, AnimeGlobe, and such...it other words, AF's sister sites. o.o

Bruh, use common sense.
    Last edited by Hanamaru Kunikida; 10-15-2016 at 02:51 PM.

Gil
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Wow, I'm actually really hesitant to jump in this thread again. But.... um... here goes.

That's just extremely arrogant for you to say, BA. Yeah, the stuff we have is outdated, and our man Kaitou is busy with his work. But who isnt? Who isnt posting on this website that isnt working, or going to school? Isnt the point of all of this to make friends, grow community, and have some fun? I dont grasp the whole 'its outdated and nothing will change' deal. 4chan is old, and its been thriving for years. You dont need professional commitment to run a forum, you just need people who are already happy to do what they do. We can STILL post new anime screencaps into AG, we can still make wallpapers for AW (if size ratio is an issue, just have the user upload the wallpaper multiple times), we can still write for Globe, we can do anything we want and we've never lost that power.

I even told you all of this when you became an Admin BA. That it would be frustrating, thankless, and you wouldnt get anything you wanted.

But you know what? That's okay. It doesnt mean you stop making signatures or counter-trolling AG5555, it just means you find something YOU CAN DO to make the site better and you did that. AF has a Twitter, a Pintrest, a Twitch, etc. And that's to your credit. Why dont you try selling those more as your success story rather than looking at everything else as your failure? Its not your fault.

BUT, that's not any of my business.

@Animedude5555
    What would be your policy on building a wall?

Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

@Anime Forum
    No way in hell I would say websites like CR and MAL are late 90s. o.O

(hopefully I made it clear before you showed your weeb circlejerk >.>)

I've been saying this for a while but expecting Anime Forum to raise and be on par with these other sites, it's like expecting BlockBuster to beat RedBox, Netflix, Hulu and such. AF missed its chance to be the next big thing, and even THE anime website - reason? I don't want to get into assumptions. But at this point, I just come when I want to chill and use CR, MAL and NF to get lit and be active.

I tried making the Video Game section great back in the day but you seen the activity, so it's easy to get discouraged. But you know, this is Anime Forum so there's that, but even then it worked on NF just fine.

Sometimes when you're great at something, you just got to use the platform that makes the best use of your potential. AF isn't it. I wanted to try with AnimeGlobe, but it's so outdated it's not funny, thus it's harder to write as opposed to websites that have fluid/streamlined writing systems or use WordPress. not to mention that it's harder on the readers well. Why would the go to website that looks it's from the late 90s as opposed to ones that look more modern?

For competitive reasons, I'm on the idea that it's easier to help smaller things, but that if it has potential. AF (or rather the entire AG unity) already lost all kinds of potential it has, aside from AnimeLyrics which is always popping, but that's it. Everything else, the other websites do it better. So to me, it's the best idea to push this a casual community and not the top dog....cause AF is a tired dog.

In short, I agree with Blue about keeping things casual and focus on what we have. I rather use my energy on bigger things, like helping websites that actually use my potential, or even MAL Clubs, like Mafia Society.

PS: show me the NF thread. Lmao
    Last edited by Hanamaru Kunikida; 10-15-2016 at 09:13 AM.

18. Likes blueangel06661 liked this post
    Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

That's just extremely arrogant for you to say, BA. Yeah, the stuff we have is outdated, and our man Kaitou is busy with his work. But who isnt? Who isnt posting on this website that isnt working, or going to school?
    Yes but the future of the site doesn't rest on those peoples hands. And it's not arrogant, it's the truth.

Isnt the point of all of this to make friends, grow community, and have some fun?
    If this is the case then you would have no reason to make this thread because AF already offers this.

I dont grasp the whole 'its outdated and nothing will change' deal. 4chan is old, and its been thriving for years. You dont need professional commitment to run a forum, you just need people who are already happy to do what they do. We can STILL post new anime screencaps into AG, we can still make wallpapers for AW (if size ratio is an issue, just have the user upload the wallpaper multiple times), we can still write for Globe, we can do anything we want and we've never lost that power.
    You CAN do that stuff. But no one does. There's no traffic thus no benefit to it. We all want people to actually look at our work.

I even told you all of this when you became an Admin BA. That it would be frustrating, thankless, and you wouldnt get anything you wanted.
    Actually it's going pretty well for me though. I enjoy it.

But you know what? That's okay. It doesnt mean you stop making signatures or counter-trolling AG5555, it just means you find something YOU CAN DO to make the site better and you did that. AF has a Twitter, a Pintrest, a Twitch, etc. And that's to your credit. Why dont you try selling those more as your success story rather than looking at everything else as your failure? Its not your fault.
    You can't MAKE people do stuff they don't want to do. If people wanted to be here, they would still be here. Those who want to be here are STILL here. You can post wallpapers, signatures, articles as much as you want but the reality is no one will reply to your threads or comment on your articles except maybe one person if you're lucky. You can do all this work but it still will not change reality unless the actual site changes and offers something more than it does currently.

We're essentially just a forum.

Cunchyroll has a forum, manga scans, anime streaming streaming, merchandise store, and news all under one hood.

Anime planet has a forum, database, user submitted content (reviews/image submissions for pages), ability to embed streams via legal partnerships all under one hood.

MAL has a forum, database, reviews, news, embedded streams via legal partnerships, all under one hood.

We only have a forum and the other sites are terribly neglected. Our forums doesn't offer anything that any of the other sites mentioned above forums can't offer. So they will continuously outdo us because they offer things that we'll never be able to offer. They have traffic and people who continuously work to make sure things are updated.

AF is fine as is. We have our community

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Dango News

Gil
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

2 things, and I'll make them as simple as possible.

You keep saying I dont have to do things: signatures, art, posting, etc. I do them because I want to do them. I enjoy it, I enjoy talking, and art, and these things. I've posted more content in 2 weeks than have in 2 months because I want to. I want to be more social, and I want to be more social on the first website I ever joined and felt a real connection to. Is that so wrong? Sure, I'm also trying out online dating, and joined a concept art forum, posting on DA and thanking people for looking at my art. But I'm not quitting, I'm doing what I want to do. I'm not doing it for the replies or the attention, those are really just a happy reward. If I can find someone to play games with, great! If not, who cares?

Secondly, on a very subversive level, I made this thread because MISC's lack of new threads as a lampoon of the Presidential campaign obviously. But its garnered more replies quicker than any other lately. So I call this thread a success despite it being hijacked.

:3

Also, you arent supposed to even be talking to me, so.
    Last edited by Vintniv; 10-15-2016 at 10:01 AM.

Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

I was brought in because of being mentioned by Yoko. I replied to yoko and you replied to me and I responded back. Simple as that.

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Dango News

Gil
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Wow, I'm actually really hesitant to jump in this thread again. But.... um... here goes.

That's just extremely arrogant for you to say, BA. Yeah, the stuff we have is outdated, and our man Kaitou is busy with his work. But who isnt? Who isnt posting on this website that isnt working, or going to school? Isnt the point of all of this to make friends, grow community, and have some fun? I dont grasp the whole 'its outdated and nothing will change' deal. 4chan is old, and its been thriving for years. You dont need professional commitment to run a forum, you just need people who are already happy to do what they do. We can STILL post new anime screencaps into AG, we can still make wallpapers for AW (if size ratio is an issue, just have the user upload the wallpaper multiple times), we can still write for Globe, we can do anything we want and we've never lost that power.

BUT, that's not any of my business.

@Animedude5555
    What would be your policy on building a wall?
    You mean Trump's wall, or do you mean a wall on AF, since this thread is about making AF great again?

Gil
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

The other sites as in AnimeWallpaper, AnimeLyrics, AnimeGlobe, and such...it other words, AF's sister sites. o.o

Bruh, use common sense.
    Ahh. If we're talking about those, they look ancient!

@Vintniv - I don't think this is a debate worth talking about anymore. I respect and can't disagree with wanting to make AF better, but this site has mentally matured in the last three years. There was a time some people wouldn't want to admit AF has shortcomings and attempted to gloss over all the issues it has and how neglected at times it appears. People can finally admit publicy that the forum has issues and isn't perfect, but people are fine where the community is at - even half inactive.

It used to be so annoying seeing people pretend there weren't issues, but now that we can publicy admit and if they are fine with it - What is there to debate any further? People aren't delusional, but fine with their small community. Debate wise, its officially over.
    Last edited by Anime Forum; 10-15-2016 at 03:56 PM.

Gil
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

I don't think this is a debate worth talking about anymore. I respect and can't disagree with wanting to make AF better, but this site has mentally matured in the last three years. There was a time some people wouldn't want to admit AF has shortcomings and attempted to gloss over all the issues it has and how neglected at times it appears. People can finally admit publicy that the forum has issues and isn't perfect, but people are fine where the community is at - even half inactive.

To be honest, it actually is worth talking about some more. The squeaky wheel and all that.

But I'll keep posting, keep doing art. I mean, its not like I'm losing those skills posting here right? I actually gonna do a TAG A DAY thing to keep me in shape. Maybe a digi paint here or there while I keep doing vectors and Acrylic paintings. I'm just gonna do what keeps me happy (and sane).

But I'll admit, not receiving response or reception is worse than receiving negatives. At least with a negative reply, someone is taking time to respond. But you know, I'm taking this all right in stride. I'm very glad to have people like you here who are trying to fight for something they believe in. Makes me somewhat proud to be honest with ya. Thanks a bunch!

25. Thanks Anime Forum thanked for this post
    Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Ahh. If we're talking about those, they look ancient!

@Vintniv - I don't think this is a debate worth talking about anymore. I respect and can't disagree with wanting to make AF better, but this site has mentally matured in the last three years. There was a time some people wouldn't want to admit AF has shortcomings and attempted to gloss over all the issues it has and how neglected at times it appears. People can finally admit publicy that the forum has issues and isn't perfect, but people are fine where the community is at - even half inactive.

It used to be so annoying seeing people pretend there weren't issues, but now that we can publicy admit and if they are fine with it - What is there to debate any further? People aren't delusional, but fine with their small community. Debate wise, its officially over.
    Look at my second reply.

Also, sorry for ignoring your PSN invites, I'm not doing it cause I'm an donkey-hole but you sent them at 5AM. o_o
    Last edited by Hanamaru Kunikida; 10-15-2016 at 05:08 PM.

Gil
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

@Anime Forum
    No way in hell I would say websites like CR and MAL are late 90s. o.O

(hopefully I made it clear before you showed your weeb circlejerk >.>)

I've been saying this for a while but expecting Anime Forum to raise and be on par with these other sites, it's like expecting BlockBuster to beat RedBox, Netflix, Hulu and such. AF missed its chance to be the next big thing, and even THE anime website - reason? I don't want to get into assumptions. But at this point, I just come when I want to chill and use CR, MAL and NF to get lit and be active.

I tried making the Video Game section great back in the day but you seen the activity, so it's easy to get discouraged. But you know, this is Anime Forum so there's that, but even then it worked on NF just fine.

Sometimes when you're great at something, you just got to use the platform that makes the best use of your potential. AF isn't it. I wanted to try with AnimeGlobe, but it's so outdated it's not funny, thus it's harder to write as opposed to websites that have fluid/streamlined writing systems or use WordPress. not to mention that it's harder on the readers well. Why would the go to website that looks it's from the late 90s as opposed to ones that look more modern?

For competitive reasons, I'm on the idea that it's easier to help smaller things, but that if it has potential. AF (or rather the entire AG unity) already lost all kinds of potential it has, aside from AnimeLyrics which is always popping, but that's it. Everything else, the other websites do it better. So to me, it's the best idea to push this a casual community and not the top dog....cause AF is a tired dog.

In short, I agree with Blue about keeping things casual and focus on what we have. I rather use my energy on bigger things, like helping websites that actually use my potential, or even MAL Clubs, like Mafia Society.

PS: show me the NF thread. Lmao
    Yeah, I have said and agree with many things that you have said. That's why I found GameGeeks's claim on me leading the charge and failing with AG completely irrational because you and I put in so much effort, unlike he did. We fought and gave it our all hoping the promises would be kept, but sadly they never came to be.

Anime Forum seems to grasp that this website is not that great and the potential was lost/wasted due to a variety of reasons. If AF is fine with that and can finally admit it has shortcomings and at the same time are fine with that, then its fine. AF is past the indenial phase and past the phase where they made excuses (not calling anyone out). AF has matured in my eyes from that alone.

Also - I will look for the thread.

---------- Post added at 07:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:56 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by blueangel06661 View Post
    I was brought in because of being mentioned by Yoko. I replied to yoko and you replied to me and I responded back. Simple as that.
    I am calling you one more time too - How is your attempt going at social media? If you need a helping hand, I would/could help since I have experience as well with talking and holding an audence.
    Last edited by Anime Forum; 10-15-2016 at 05:58 PM.

Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

@Anime Forum

You're certainly right about the in denial though. People thought it was "OMG People are growing up!" - and while that's certainly true, people in other forums have grown up too. Kaitou is crazy they say. We just failed as a forum that's all.
    http://www.animeforum.com/showthread.php?105156-Leaving
    http://www.animeforum.com/showthread...imeForum-dying

So yeah, I'm still going to give it my all but casually but AF in no way in hell is going to be what it was in 2007, not even 2014.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information