AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Shades of Pink

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-11-2024 06:40 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Shades of Pink

Okay we all know hair color means something in anime. Depending on the character's age. Purple and red usually means they're mature and interested in sex. blonds are overly emotional ditzes, geniuses who are business oriented to a scary degree, or nazis. White and gray mean they are either old or they're going to betray somebody. Black and brown are just generic.

it varies of course.

Pink haired girls on the other hand have been pretty stable since Jem and the Holograms set the standard for rainbow haired girls back in the eighties. They are quite similar to blonds. Generally they're a little naïve, but up for anything, but at some point they get led astray and possibly join the bad guys for a little while or at least do something that hurts their friends, only to apologize/rejoin them later as the goodness in their heart overwhelms the evil.. if they live that long. Except for the occasional psychopath. They do tend to snap more than the other colors... maybe because they care too much?

So who are your favorite pink haired anime characters? Why do you like them?

Last edited by Clayton_n; 11-10-2021 at 05:45 PM.
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Screwdriver Chameleon Rageface
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-18-2024 09:00 PM
    Threads

Default Re: Shades of Pink

I never noticed the connection between hair color and the character type.

I have to pick Yachiru from Bleach. I think it is just so cute the way she reacts to all the blood and carnaige.

Jackie Coogan, Charlie Chaplin, and Charles Reisner as the Bully.

Reisner was a former pro boxer who turned actor, writer, and director. He previously worked for Chaplin behind the camera on The Gold Rush. Reisner would later become known as a comedy director working with The Marx Brothers, Jack Benny, and Abbot and Costello, among others.

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Dark Blue also usually means a high intellect. The same for green, but they're sneakier. Light blue is easy going. There aren't enough orange haired characters to have a cliché. Purple is often assigned to black characters.

I think a lot of it is based on the fact that Japanese people usually only have brown and black hair, except sometimes you hear about kitsune appearing with red, white, or other colors. But then like I said Jem and the Holograms was a big hit in the eighties and sort of cemented it.

Anyway yeah, the pink ones... one out of three of them go nuts. I bet you can name at least ten off the top of your head who are completely FUBAR. Not just the girls either, but boys are much rarer.

Examples of anime with crazy pink haired characters:

Naruto

Future Diary

Kipo

Danga ropa

School Live

Elfen Lied

Code Geass

SouL Eater

Zero Two

Eureaka Seven

Sailor Moon

One Piece

FLCL

Shiki

Bleach

Rosario Vampire

Gravity Falls

Utena

Queen's Blade

https://www.fandomspot.com/pink-haired-anime-girls/

Last edited by Clayton_n; 11-10-2021 at 06:33 PM.
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

No, seriously, how many crazy pink haired anime characters can you name and what made them so nuts?

Senior Member Tsundere Magus will become famous soon enough Tsundere Magus's Avatar
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-22-2021 07:17 AM
    Threads

I happen to have a pink haired alter ego... Maybe all of them are me? Who knows? We are all tsundere, either way.

Editing this since the picture happens to be huge. Be aware, phone users!
    Last edited by Tsundere Magus; 12-08-2021 at 07:39 AM.

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Tsundere Magus View Post
    I happen to have a pink haired alter ego... Maybe all of them are me? Who knows? We are all tsundere, either way.

Editing this since the picture happens to be huge. Be aware, phone users!
    Uh, that girl's hair is purple and you mentioned nothing about insanity.

Last edited by Clayton_n; 12-13-2021 at 03:12 PM.

Senior Member Tsundere Magus will become famous soon enough Tsundere Magus's Avatar
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-22-2021 07:17 AM
    Threads

Ah, just because of trying to find a good fanart, I ended up losing the pink touch. Fair enough, you might have won this time. I assure the point is pinker than what this art reflects.

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Tsundere Magus View Post
    Ah, just because of trying to find a good fanart, I ended up losing the pink touch. Fair enough, you might have won this time. I assure the point is pinker than what this art reflects.
    It happens.

This is the same character in different seasons of the same anime.

But still, think pink. I know you can come up with ten if you use Google. I'm not saying ALL pink haired girls are crazy in anime or that all anime girls who are crazy have pink hair. But it's a statistic.

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I'm going to start a thread on green hair. Give me a few days.

Reisner was a former pro boxer who turned actor, writer, and director. He previously worked for Chaplin behind the camera on The Gold Rush. Reisner would later become known as a comedy director working with The Marx Brothers, Jack Benny, and Abbot and Costello, among others.

10. Thanks Qoco thanked for this post
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by PictureGuy View Post
    I'm going to start a thread on green hair. Give me a few days.
    Why? Green is basically generic unless they're plant-people and then it's not really hair. Do you have some cliché that goes along with it?

Also you have yet to name ten crazy pink haired characters in this thread. See if you can do that before randomly making another one.

Last edited by Clayton_n; 12-21-2021 at 03:08 PM.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

^ I will work on both. Maybe tomorrow.

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

^ I will work on both. Maybe tomorrow.
    (One month later...)

Ya can't even just google it like you did for your green haired thread huh?

Honestly if you'ae here you should have been able to list ten of these chicks off the tp of your head. hell i posted a video with dozens!

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I have had other things on my mind.

Blondes for example.

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I have had other things on my mind.

Blondes for example.
    Then why the hell were you in here? Stick to the topic dude. You've literally had a month to come up with anything. So pop those ADD pills and give it a freakin' try!

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I did mention Yachiru.

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I did mention Yachiru.
    I said get down and give me 10 otaku!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information