AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread: Recommendation/Request Thread. [Read the first post]

<span style="font-weight:bold; font-style:italic; color:lemonchiffon; "></span> Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast's Avatar
    Gil
    Sassy
    Gifts Ramen Kawaiislice Four Leaf Clover
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-23-2016 06:39 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: cthulhulover69

Default Re: Recommendation/Request Thread. [Read the first post]

Quote Originally Posted by Jean Markale View Post
    Does 11eyes really qualify as ecchi?
    On another note, I'm seeking recommendations. I just finished Tenshi no Shippo Chu and found it somewhat bittersweet and depressing. Some (most?) of it is probably the space I'm in right now, so: I'm looking for comedy recommendations. I need comedies that are fun, lighthearted, and so sweet you have to brush and floss after each episode. Think Kimi ni Todoke, though it doesn't have to be a romcom. I want animes that make Chi's Sweet Home look like Higurashi no Naku Koro ni. Nothing too ecchi, and no sad stuff either please. I've had enough of sad to last me. Thanks
    Ouran High School Host Club is really hilarious. It has sad themes, but it's like 95% comedy, 5% sad. Lucky Star is also something light-hearted and fun to watch.
    Song Of The Moment:
    "Dreams are made winding through my head"

Signature made by me.
    *click below*

2. Thanks Jean Markale thanked for this post
    Senior Member Jean Markale has a reputation beyond repute Jean Markale has a reputation beyond repute Jean Markale has a reputation beyond repute Jean Markale has a reputation beyond repute Jean Markale has a reputation beyond repute Jean Markale has a reputation beyond repute Jean Markale has a reputation beyond repute Jean Markale has a reputation beyond repute Jean Markale has a reputation beyond repute Jean Markale has a reputation beyond repute Jean Markale has a reputation beyond repute Jean Markale's Avatar
    Gil
    Psychadelic
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-15-2017 08:13 AM
    Threads

786 Holocast! Domo sumimasen! Lucky Star fits the bill PERFECTLY.
    Can anypony recommend more like Lucky Star? In my watchlist are:
    Barakamon
    Working!
    Ouran High School Host Club
    Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun
    Hyouka
    Kyoukai no Kanata
    and Yu Yu Hakusho
    all of which have at some point been recommended to me as funny, not too ecchi, and free (mostly) of sad things. I'm always on the lookout for more, so everypony fire away. Thanks!

Junior Member Phillipbates15 is on a distinguished road Phillipbates15's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-14-2016 11:20 PM
    Threads

Im lookng for recommendations i like shounen and practicly any anime with super powers or transformation ive seen most good animes so list a couple plz😊

---------- Post added 03-15-2016 at 12:15 AM ---------- Previous post was 03-14-2016 at 11:37 PM ----------

Can someone give me a recommendation base on animes i love ao no exorcist fairy tail attack on titan sekirei owari no seraph . And ext

---------- Post added at 12:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:15 AM ----------

Can someone recommended me an anime based on some of my favorites fairy tail blue exorcist attack on titan sekirei bleach exd

Junior Member Gregor is on a distinguished road Gregor's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-25-2016 08:58 AM
    Threads

[REQUEST]

Hi guys! I'm fairly new to anime and I'm looking for some new anime or manga to watch. I guess I like drama-based series, but I'm open to anything. The most important thing for me is that I have to find the characters actions or conversations believable/authentic/realistic.

Films/series I loved: Attack on Titan, One Punch Man, Avatar:The last airbender(1st series is a bit childish, the rest is godly), Breaking Bad, Watchmen, Departed, Inception

Anime I liked: Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Deathnote

Anime I somewhat liked: HunterxHunter(I found the story intruiging and the characters interesting, but the story has major plotholes and the characters act not believable to me)

What I don't like: Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei(absoloutely hated it). Having 20 sentences spoken in 18 minute episodes like in One Piece or Dragonball(I find the stories interesting, kept reading their wikis for hours and love watching their AMVs, but watching the animes feels like an insult to me. Maybe I'll read the manga one day). Characters jumping into certain death and overcoming anything with enough courage, screaming and power of friendship. I find that unrealistic and a bit shallow. One should take into account the consequences of failure as well.

Thanks in advance for the recommendations!

Junior Member Erikulum is on a distinguished road Erikulum's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-23-2016 04:24 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Gregor View Post
    [REQUEST]

Hi guys! I'm fairly new to anime and I'm looking for some new anime or manga to watch. I guess I like drama-based series, but I'm open to anything. The most important thing for me is that I have to find the characters actions or conversations believable/authentic/realistic.

Films/series I loved: Attack on Titan, One Punch Man, Avatar:The last airbender(1st series is a bit childish, the rest is godly), Breaking Bad, Watchmen, Departed, Inception

Anime I liked: Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Deathnote

Anime I somewhat liked: HunterxHunter(I found the story intruiging and the characters interesting, but the story has major plotholes and the characters act not believable to me)

What I don't like: Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei(absoloutely hated it). Having 20 sentences spoken in 18 minute episodes like in One Piece or Dragonball(I find the stories interesting, kept reading their wikis for hours and love watching their AMVs, but watching the animes feels like an insult to me. Maybe I'll read the manga one day). Characters jumping into certain death and overcoming anything with enough courage, screaming and power of friendship. I find that unrealistic and a bit shallow. One should take into account the consequences of failure as well.

Thanks in advance for the recommendations!
    Let me take some guess:
    - Boku Dake Ga Inai Machi
    - Death parade
    - Tokyo ghoul
    - Kiseijuu sei no kakuritsu
    - Gungrave (start at episode 2, the first one is in NO WAY like the rest of the serie)
    - Gangsta

Junior Member Gregor is on a distinguished road Gregor's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-25-2016 08:58 AM
    Threads

Thanks!

Senior Member Jean Markale has a reputation beyond repute Jean Markale has a reputation beyond repute Jean Markale has a reputation beyond repute Jean Markale has a reputation beyond repute Jean Markale has a reputation beyond repute Jean Markale has a reputation beyond repute Jean Markale has a reputation beyond repute Jean Markale has a reputation beyond repute Jean Markale has a reputation beyond repute Jean Markale has a reputation beyond repute Jean Markale has a reputation beyond repute Jean Markale's Avatar
    Gil
    Psychadelic
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Okay, update. Ouran High School Host Club was another brilliant recommendation and just what I need.
    Barakamon is also ideal, and the characters are adorable!
    I watched Hyouka all the way through and I have to say the ending royally p*ssed me off. I would say why but I cannot seem to find the button which enables one to hide a spoiler within the text of a post (I've been looking for the button for years--literally--and never could find it. I do, however, find it likely that I'm just retarded). Anyway, I hate to be cryptic but I'll just say that I am, apparently, a romantic at heart.
    While on the subject I also watched the second seasons of Noragami and Kamisama Hajimemashita and, although I enjoyed them immensely, I have a similar grouse with their respective ends: more so with the latter than with Noragami. But still!
    I've got Working!, Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun, Kyoukai no Kanata and Yu Yu Hakusho left on my list, and I can't imagine that those five represent the last of the animes of the kind I'm seeking, so if anypony has further recommendations I'm all ears. Thanks!
    For anypony else looking for similar animes (funny, lighthearted animes which are not too ecchi and have minimum sadness) I can also recommend:
    Muteki Kanban Musume
    Disgaea
    Dagashi Kashi
    Puchim@s is also perfect, but the episodes are woefully short.
    Okay, I'm just going to keep editing this post to avoid double-posting.
    Further updates: I've started Non Non Biyori, Is The Order A Rabbit?, Kiniro Mosaic, and Yu Yu Hakusho. The first three are so kawaii it snaps my head off! I also watched Chobits, and while it was intense at times, it was also cute, funny, a little ecchi but not excessively, and had a good ending.
    I don't need my crystal ball to foresee that this is going to turn into a giant list of this type of anime...
    which suits me. I hope that it becomes useful to anypony else seeking the same.
    And...still open to recommendations. Thanks!
    Last edited by Jean Markale; 05-23-2016 at 12:18 PM.

Senior Member SentaiSenpai is just really nice SentaiSenpai is just really nice SentaiSenpai is just really nice SentaiSenpai is just really nice SentaiSenpai is just really nice SentaiSenpai's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Rainbow Ribbon 025 - Pikachu 149 - Dragonite
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-26-2016 05:28 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: SentaiSenpai

I could go for some Mecha anime/manga. I've watched Break Blade and totally love it, and am in the process of reading it, but I could go for some more titles to read/watch when I'm done.

Junior Member An1melover is on a distinguished road An1melover's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-08-2016 01:56 PM
    Threads

Default Recommendations

Sup guys can anyone recommend any anime similar to no game no life

Moderator Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Gifts Moon Crescent Wand Wine Kangaroo
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2018 04:32 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Recommendations

Sword Art Online, Log Horizon.
    I also recommend Madoka Magica to everyone. It's not similar, but it will raise your standards for good anime....

12. Thanks An1melover thanked for this post
    Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Gifts Penguin Movie Ticket Gabumon
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-13-2024 02:28 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Recommendations

There's already a recommendation thread pinned. Merging.

Gil
    Psychadelic
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Default Re: Recommendations! HELP I'M IN HELL AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

786 Okay, I just got ripped off by three *edit, four--FOUR!* romance animes in a row (!) and I'm fairly salty over it, so I would like everypony's suggestions on romance animes that don't leave you hanging at the end. Samurai Pizza Cats isn't cutting it. Besides it's flaming retarded. (see?)
    The offenders were: Denki Gai, Skip Beat!, Saekano: How to Raise a Boring Girlfriend, and Tonari no Kaibutsu kun, if that helps. Yes, I know that the genre takes all sorts of endings, and I'm fine with an unsatisfying one on occasion, but it's not what I watch the genre for, dig? It would be a herculean task for me to recall all of the romance animes I've seen, but they include Toradora! (not a ripoff), Kimi ni Todoke (ditto), Handa-kun (total ripoff, f&*^% that anime), Ouran HSHC (ending could have been better but it passed), Golden Time (not a ripoff), Rosario x Vampire (jury's still out), Strike the Blood (copout ending!), Kanon (not so much), Tokyo Ravens (ripoff even though I loved it)...did I mention herculean?
    Just please list as many romance animes as you can think of which are not too ecchi (decent harem animes are okay) or violent, and have happy nicely wrapped endings like so many presents.
    Thanks!
    Last edited by Jean Markale; 12-23-2016 at 01:57 PM.

Junior Member JaimeMTBN is on a distinguished road JaimeMTBN's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-04-2017 06:21 PM
    Threads

Hi! I'm a spanish boy and I want to meet people from unite states and have same likes as me and I want to practice English tal talking with others persons

Junior Member Naruto 太陽 Desu is on a distinguished road Naruto 太陽 Desu's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-20-2017 06:14 PM
    Threads

Hello i want an anime simmulare to Naruto. I like Naruto the most. See you around here.
    and yea that is what i am out for here !

Member kaufen is on a distinguished road kaufen's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-29-2017 06:05 AM
    Threads

Mobile suit Gundam 00 / Seed and 3. Fate/Stay Night
    Last edited by kaufen; 01-28-2018 at 02:49 PM.

Junior Member RyuFromStreetfighter is on a distinguished road RyuFromStreetfighter's Avatar
    Gil
    Talkative
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-04-2017 05:16 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Doudizhu

.hack is a video game right? or was the anime first..

---------- Post added at 08:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:04 AM ----------

romance: clannad is famous for that. action well, so many id say gangsta is a great one. its on hulu. comedy? one punch man is pretty funny but way too short. honestly I'm blank right now for something hilarious. to love ru is pretty funny. if you havnt seen that id definitely check it out lololol

Junior Member andreusac is on a distinguished road andreusac's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-17-2017 05:29 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: andreusac

hello i would like to have a recomendation of anime shonen plz i have whatched them almost all so be creative

Junior Member catZAripper is on a distinguished road catZAripper's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-28-2018 09:02 AM
    Threads

Can someone recommend good horror anime?

Junior Member Jensen-San is on a distinguished road Jensen-San's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-03-2018 08:41 PM
    Threads

Quit watching dubbed and watch subbed, you get more of an experience out of it and more variety.

Junior Member HENRYSAY is on a distinguished road HENRYSAY's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-21-2019 08:42 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Gjallarhorn View Post
    If you like Berserk, try Claymore.xender discord omegle Very similar in feel, though not as dark.

If you like both One Piece and Yu Yu Hakusho you could try out Bleach. It'll leave you disappointed after a while, but it has the shounen qualities of One Piece, and was initially denied serialization because it was too similar to YYH.
    We've had a bit of an issue with people creating a lot of recommendation threads, so I figured I'd organize this a bit. It'll clean up the mess, and I'll be able to moderate it easier.
    Last edited by HENRYSAY; 08-11-2019 at 02:37 PM.

AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin's Avatar
    Gil
    Sleepy
    Gifts Mic Dr Who Tardis Guy Fawkes Mask
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-11-2020 12:43 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Senevir PSN ID: Senevir Steam ID: Senevir

Hey~
    I haven't delved into any new series for a while and was hoping for some recommendations based on my tastes. The series does not have to be current.

Other series that I really enjoy are :
    Mahou Kishi Rayearth (Magic Knight Rayearth)
    X/1999
    Gilgamesh
    Attack on Titan
    Shinsekai Yori (From the New World)
    Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi (Sunday Without God)
    Majutsushi Orphen
    Satoshi Kon films

You may notice that I tend to go for the stuff that have revelations at the end of the story. I love the ones that pull on your heartstrings and leave you thinking for a long time after.
    Genre doesn't matter, though I tend to prefer fantasy (I include mecha into that).
    I also believe that having an amazing soundtrack helps to set the atmosphere for the storytelling, like in Kamisama.

I may have already seen your suggestion before, but I'd be happy to have it anyway.

Come and join me in FFXIV.
    Gaia Data Centre (Valefor) ~ Senevir Vae'talhrin | Chaos Data Centre (Omega) ~ Myrrh'a Afhkaar
    Elemental Data Centre (Atomos) ~ Kharsarnai Khrui | Mana Data Centre (Masamune) ~ Gakuto Ren

Have a lyrics request? Feel free to ask. Specialty - Vocaloid and other doujin music.
    Subject to availability.

Banned Forum / Chat Lucifer656 is on a distinguished road Lucifer656's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-17-2020 03:01 AM
    Threads

I'm looking for any genre of anime, thats not to dark

Banned Forum / Chat eva3 is on a distinguished road eva3's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-17-2020 02:12 AM
    Threads

Ok, here is the deal. I am looking for an anime series that is very Martial Arts centric. I am a big Street Fighter fan & recently saw the animated movie which i enjoyed. I want something similar and hopefully better. Cowboy Bebop & Hellsing are the only other anime series i have seen and i enjoyed both. I want something along those lines but with more fighting and martial arts.

Some guidelines...

1. I want a series with several seasons under its belt or fully completed.
    2. I would like to avoid shows which are better suited for young kids. (I am 26)
    3. No nudity please.
    4. Something thought provoking and complex would be a big bonus.

Thank you in advance, i don't know much about the anime scene so i really need the help you dig?!?!

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-25-2024 08:51 PM
    Threads

Voltage Fighter Gowcaiser
    Kenichi: The last Disciple
    Mortal kombat
    Samurai Champloo
    Devil Hunter Yoko
    Avatr: The Last Airbender
    naruto

Last edited by Clayton_n; 07-17-2020 at 01:21 PM.
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

Junior Member plasmarain21 is on a distinguished road plasmarain21's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-02-2020 08:53 AM
    Threads

Can someone recommend manga that would be intense, have darker tones and be atmospheric like e.g. Monster?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information