AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My rant on Pokemon

Member Jewunit has a reputation beyond repute Jewunit has a reputation beyond repute Jewunit has a reputation beyond repute Jewunit has a reputation beyond repute Jewunit has a reputation beyond repute Jewunit has a reputation beyond repute Jewunit has a reputation beyond repute Jewunit has a reputation beyond repute Jewunit has a reputation beyond repute Jewunit has a reputation beyond repute Jewunit has a reputation beyond repute Jewunit's Avatar
    Gil
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-10-2012 04:14 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default My rant on Pokemon

Pokemon (to me) has always been one of my favorite anime and it's series of games has always been on the top of my list for gaming. All this talk about the 3DS and Pokemon Black/White has brought back an old problem I always had with Pokemon.

I WANT A CONSOLE POKEMON GAME!!!!!!!

To be more specific I want an ADVENTURE Pokemon game for my Wii. The days of Pokemon handheld gaming brings joy to me. I loved the thrill of the adventure, not knowing who you may encounter, or better yet what Pokemon you might see. I love the thrill of knowing that if my Charizard can't beat this Hitmonchan I'm battling then I will be redirected to the closest Pokemon Center for treatment and have to make the journey back to wherever I was. I want to fight the Elite Four on my TV with my console.

Pokemon Stadium wont "do" for me because it's not adventure, everyone picks level 100 Pokemon and we see who can get the luckiest. Colosseum was almost as bad. The thing that I hate the most here is there's no surprises. I enjoy a random encounter, I WANT to be able to catch/train my own pokemon without "snagging" them. Gale of Darkness is also the same route it seems....

I often think of the many ideas that Nintendo could have if they made a Pokemon game for a console that was an adventure one. I think it would be cool to have players get online, all start off from the same spot in a town and race to catch/train/compete against the game and each other. An online game like this would keep me occupied for, well, forever :P ..I would love to be able to train my pokemon to complete against real trainers online in a tournament like the Indigo Plateau.

I know this is all up to Nintendo and they would rather make remakes like Madden with an updated roster and a few new things to toy with, than go through the works of creating a true console Pokemon game, why would they? They still make bank on the handheld market...

Anyway this is all ranting and wishful thinking, but I still wish..

2. Dislikes KillerDragonX disliked this post
    The Palmtop Tiger blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Hedgehog PPG Bubbles Alice
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2018 07:05 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: blueangel06661 Steam ID: blueangel06661

Default Re: My rant on Pokemon

Already done.... Research before you post....

Pokémon Stadium

Original release date(s):
    JP April 30, 1999
    NA February 20, 2000
    AUS March 23, 2000
    Release years by system:
    1999-Nintendo 64

Pokémon Stadium 2

JP December 14, 2000
    NA March 28, 2001
    AUS 2001
    Release years by system:
    2000-Nintendo 64

Pokémon Colosseum

JP November 21, 2003
    NA March 24, 2004
    AUS June 24, 2004
    Release years by system:
    2003-GameCube

Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness

JP August 4, 2005
    NA October 5, 2005
    AUS November 15, 2005
    Release years by system:
    2005-GameCube

Pokémon Battle Revolution

JP December 14, 2006
    NA June 25, 2007
    AUS November 22, 2007
    Release years by system:
    2006-Wii
    List of console games.... and to top off your rant.. A console adventure game..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pok%C3%...%27s_Adventure

So there you go.. A whole list of console games [first argument]

And a console adventure game. And for the Wii nonetheless

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Interested in Pop-Up Cafes in Japan? Dango News is the place for you.
    Dango News
    | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram

4. Likes KillerDragonX, Nanobyte, GameGeeks liked this post
    Member Jewunit has a reputation beyond repute Jewunit has a reputation beyond repute Jewunit has a reputation beyond repute Jewunit has a reputation beyond repute Jewunit has a reputation beyond repute Jewunit has a reputation beyond repute Jewunit has a reputation beyond repute Jewunit has a reputation beyond repute Jewunit has a reputation beyond repute Jewunit has a reputation beyond repute Jewunit has a reputation beyond repute Jewunit's Avatar
    Gil
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by blueangel06661 View Post
    Already done.... Research before you post....

List of console games.... and to top off your rant.. A console adventure game..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pok%C3%...%27s_Adventure

So there you go.. A whole list of console games [first argument]

And a console adventure game. And for the Wii nonetheless
    Had you read my post, you would of seen that I addressed those games...
    Last edited by Jewunit; 04-24-2011 at 06:51 PM.

The Palmtop Tiger blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

You only mentioned 2.. out of the 5 I posted.... 6 if you include pokemon Stadium 2... I gave you a list of console games... [First half of rant] and provided a link to an adventure game

your argument.. invalid.
    Last edited by blueangel06661; 04-24-2011 at 06:52 PM.

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Dango News

7. Likes GameGeeks liked this post
    Gil
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

You only mentioned 2.. out of the 5 I posted.... 6 if you include pokemon Stadium 2... I gave you a list of console games... [First half of rant] and provided a link to an adventure game

your argument.. invalid.
    Pokemon Stadium wont "do" for me because it's not adventure, everyone picks level 100 Pokemon and we see who can get the luckiest. Colosseum was almost as bad. The thing that I hate the most here is there's no surprises. I enjoy a random encounter, I WANT to be able to catch/train my own pokemon without "snagging" them. Gale of Darkness is also the same route it seems....
    That would be 4 because of Stadium having two titles. You mentioned 5, therefor your post is invalid...

Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Either way you are avoiding the fact that I already gave you a link to an adventure game which still defeats the purpose of this thread because both console games exist AND an adventure game for the wii...

Didn't see the 3rd.. and you only highlighted 3 so it's still 3 not 4. so 3/5.....

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Dango News

10. Likes Nanobyte, GameGeeks liked this post
    Gil
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Either way you are avoiding the fact that I already gave you a link to an adventure game which still defeats the purpose of this thread because both console games exist AND an adventure game for the wii...

Didn't see the 3rd.. and you only highlighted 3 so it's still 3 not 4. so 3/5.....
    Simply enough put you fail. You don't count one either because of ignorance or that fact that you're backpedaling because you're wrong. Stadium 1 and 2 are same thing, updated rosters... NOT TO MENTION THE WHOLE POINT OF MY POST... THEY'RE NOT ADVENTURE DAWG.

Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Jewunit View Post
    Simply enough put you fail. You don't count one either because of ignorance or that fact that you're backpedaling because you're wrong. Stadium 1 and 2 are same thing, updated rosters... NOT TO MENTION THE WHOLE POINT OF MY POST... THEY'RE NOT ADVENTURE DAWG.

I didn't count stadium 1 and 2 because well you didn't talk about the second one... So I didn't count it and yeah I actually did miss the Colosseum one because you had a 5 word sentence about it. Easy to miss.

They were in response to this remark:

I WANT A CONSOLE POKEMON GAME!!!!!!!
    So you wanted a console game? Okay I gave you a list saying they existed. So what if you talked about them. Don't make that statement if you know already.

Then you said this:

To be more specific I want an ADVENTURE Pokemon game for my Wii.

So then I told you about this game for the Wii

PokéPark Wii: Pikachu's Adventure

Publisher(s) Nintendo
    Series Pokémon
    Platform(s) Wii
    Release date(s)
    JP December 5, 2009
    EU July 9, 2010
    AUS September 23, 2010[1]
    NA November 1, 2010[2]
    Genre(s) Action-adventure
    Mode(s) Single-player

So in the end you lost this argument. I show you console games and an adventure game for the Wii. Give up.

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Dango News

13. Likes Nanobyte, GameGeeks liked this post
    Roarrrrrrrrrrr!
    AnimeLyrics Admin
    animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Be Mine 143 - Snorlax Cookie
    Mentioned
    754 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-29-2016 11:05 PM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Your rant simply wasn't specific enough. All you ranted was you wanted an Adventure Pokemon game for the Wii, as though there is none right now, while in reality there IS.

What you were TRYING to rant, was that you wanted a Wii counterpart of the handheld Pokemon games. Well, you wrote that as an example/wish rather than part of your original rant.

Next time, try making a wish thread instead of a rant thread, and say something like "Wouldn't it be nice if there's a game where blah blah..."

15. Likes Token Black Guy, GameGeeks liked this post
    Senior Member Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos's Avatar
    Gil
    Lonely
    Gifts Rainbow Ribbon 104 - Cubone Saxophone
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-15-2016 09:09 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Bassoonist26

Troll or not, I would have liked to have seen a game like the TC was mentioning.

Pikachu's PokePark Adventure or whatever in the world it is called is clearly not what the TC was suggesting. I remember I tried that Hey Pikachu! game on the Nintendo 64 and it was...bad... PokePark Adventure is a different game from that, I know, but the fact that I've never heard about it leads me to believe that it is nothing spectacular.

The TC wants a Pokemon console game along the lines of the main portable series. For that, I would actually suggest Pokemon XD. I have never played it, but I heard it had an adventure mode.

However, I have seen reasons as to why a console game like the portable ones isn't likely to happen at all. Although I don't remember the specific reasons, sorry. xD However, I do know why the "All five regions should be put in one game" suggestion that many make isn't feasible - Pokemon Levels. In the third region (or before) everything would become Lvl. 100 and that would be no fun. =(

~Made by me~

Roarrrrrrrrrrr!
    AnimeLyrics Admin
    animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Be Mine 143 - Snorlax Cookie
    Mentioned
    754 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-29-2016 11:05 PM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Quote Originally Posted by Bassoonist View Post
    However, I do know why the "All five regions should be put in one game" suggestion that many make isn't feasible - Pokemon Levels. In the third region (or before) everything would become Lvl. 100 and that would be no fun. =(
    Yep, arguments and trollin' aside, I do agree that a console version of the handheld games would be cool, especially if it's a confluence of all the regions. One way to solve the level problem would be to increase the level cap, but I strongly doubt if they would even consider that.

Gil
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Bassoonist View Post
    Troll or not, I would have liked to have seen a game like the TC was mentioning.

Pikachu's PokePark Adventure or whatever in the world it is called is clearly not what the TC was suggesting. I remember I tried that Hey Pikachu! game on the Nintendo 64 and it was...bad... PokePark Adventure is a different game from that, I know, but the fact that I've never heard about it leads me to believe that it is nothing spectacular.

The TC wants a Pokemon console game along the lines of the main portable series. For that, I would actually suggest Pokemon XD. I have never played it, but I heard it had an adventure mode.

However, I have seen reasons as to why a console game like the portable ones isn't likely to happen at all. Although I don't remember the specific reasons, sorry. xD However, I do know why the "All five regions should be put in one game" suggestion that many make isn't feasible - Pokemon Levels. In the third region (or before) everything would become Lvl. 100 and that would be no fun. =(
    Thanks for the reply. You're right in the fact that what I'm asking for isn't a cheap knockoff that some people consider to be what I'm asking for.

None of the games listed above are true adventures like the handheld generations are/were. They're made cheep for a quick profit and have no where near the success of the hand-hald games. The reason for this is (as you stated) things like facing off with Level 100 Pokemon is simply boring. I enjoy the thrill of training my Pokemon in a system to where you have to push them to get past your next obstacle. Gale of Darkness seems to be the most "adventure like" and the most random encounters you can have in the game is less than 10, whereas in the handheld genre you have 10X more easily.

Nintendo doesn't want to put in the effort though. They can make a big profit by simply having the name "Pokemon" on a game. There is no need (to them) for the works to include a console/adventure like game it seems.

---------- Post added at 09:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by animeyay View Post
    Your rant simply wasn't specific enough. All you ranted was you wanted an Adventure Pokemon game for the Wii, as though there is none right now, while in reality there IS.

What you were TRYING to rant, was that you wanted a Wii counterpart of the handheld Pokemon games. Well, you wrote that as an example/wish rather than part of your original rant.

Next time, try making a wish thread instead of a rant thread, and say something like "Wouldn't it be nice if there's a game where blah blah..."
    I have no idea what you're talking about. If the word rant, instead of wish is the reason that this thread is utterly full of mostly junk then "my bad"... I thought I made myself clear enough. I put a picture of a handheld game, as well as specifically said it by using examples from the handheld games.... but if that is my fault, "my bad"

To be more specific I want an ADVENTURE Pokemon game for my Wii. The days of Pokemon handheld gaming brings joy to me. I loved the thrill of the adventure, not knowing who you may encounter, or better yet what Pokemon you might see. I love the thrill of knowing that if my Charizard can't beat this Hitmonchan I'm battling then I will be redirected to the closest Pokemon Center for treatment and have to make the journey back to wherever I was. I want to fight the Elite Four on my TV with my console.
    Last edited by Jewunit; 04-24-2011 at 09:05 PM.

Senior Member Kylesico912 has a brilliant future Kylesico912 has a brilliant future Kylesico912 has a brilliant future Kylesico912 has a brilliant future Kylesico912 has a brilliant future Kylesico912 has a brilliant future Kylesico912 has a brilliant future Kylesico912 has a brilliant future Kylesico912 has a brilliant future Kylesico912 has a brilliant future Kylesico912 has a brilliant future Kylesico912's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Gifts Daggers 122 - Mr Mime 133 - Eevee
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-26-2011 05:16 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

eh... do I really need to point at a certin accessory for the gamecube. Simply request a simular accessory for the Wii or rumored Wii2.

Seriously ._.

Awaken Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1's Avatar
    Gil
    Fine
    Gifts Mario 1-Up Mushroom Aria Neko Mario Piranha Plant
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-16-2022 04:19 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I for one, enjoyed Pokemon Colosseum as it was taking the series in a slightly more novel direction with a somewhat more unorthodox approach.

you have to remember something here: pokemon has been around for a very very long time, and it's not going anywhere anytime soon. You're always going to see the re-hashed titles on the handhelds, and people will always buy them. But I think it's somewhat premature to say that Nintendo has no intention on taking the series in new directions, (after all, surprises is what Nintendo is good at, isn't it?)
    The Brighter the Light the Darker the Shadow

Ace Kaitous YOU Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Hat Rayman Baboon With A Gun Bioshock Syringe
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-23-2024 09:22 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: kaitou ace42 PSN ID: kaitou42 Steam ID: kaitou_ace

Keep it civil. If your post is gone, I am sure you can figure out why.

POLITE AND OCCASIONALLY ANGRY ABOUT STUFF Naughty Dog has a reputation beyond repute Naughty Dog has a reputation beyond repute Naughty Dog has a reputation beyond repute Naughty Dog has a reputation beyond repute Naughty Dog has a reputation beyond repute Naughty Dog has a reputation beyond repute Naughty Dog has a reputation beyond repute Naughty Dog has a reputation beyond repute Naughty Dog has a reputation beyond repute Naughty Dog has a reputation beyond repute Naughty Dog has a reputation beyond repute Naughty Dog's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-12-2015 11:56 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I gotta say, a Pokémon game for the Wii (an actual big, console RPG JUST like the handheld games) would be pretty sweet.

The thing is, although it might be fun for awhile, it'd probably fail. You see, there's an effect called the Polygon Ceiling where a game jumps from 2d/2.5d to 3d and utterly fails. This has happened, most famously, to Sonic the Hedgehog.

I see what Jewunit is saying; He wants a console version of Pokémon. He doesn't want to battle, he doesn't want to play minigames or purify dark pokemon. He wants, simply, Black/White on console. He wants to catch pokemon, and face trainers to level them up to face the elite 4, just like on the handhelds. Honestly, I kinda do as well.

But I think a a full console Pokémon adventure would invoke the Polygon Ceiling, and ruin it all. The games are good enough on the handhelds, and it'd just be too weird with the Wiimote.

Before I go, i'd like to give Jewunit some advice: If you're talking about a Pokémon adventure on Wii, try asking for an RPG. Less trolling.

Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gotta learn to be specific. o.O

Anyways transferring the Pokemon games from the handheld to console would be a disaster anyways. I'm not sure about you but if I had to play Super Mario World. Pokemon White etc. in 3D I'd explode. Because you know if they transfer to the Wii it'll be in 3D because every Nintendo game is 3D on the Wii just about..

This is one of those if you get what you ask for it won't always be great sort of things.

Naughty Dog gave a brilliant example of that.

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Dango News

Diabolus, the Archvile Dark Lord has much to be proud of Dark Lord has much to be proud of Dark Lord has much to be proud of Dark Lord has much to be proud of Dark Lord has much to be proud of Dark Lord has much to be proud of Dark Lord has much to be proud of Dark Lord has much to be proud of Dark Lord has much to be proud of Dark Lord has much to be proud of Dark Lord's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-27-2011 12:47 PM
    Threads

Just get a DS bro.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information